Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #421
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rant Thread

You just need comprehensive coverage in NC for stuff like that. It's not that much extra on your policy, and I think my deductible on my policy for comp coverage is $100. It covers anything that isn't a fault of your own. Hitting an animal, theft, falling object damage, etc.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #422
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
You just need comprehensive coverage in NC for stuff like that. It's not that much extra on your policy, and I think my deductible on my policy for comp coverage is $100. It covers anything that isn't a fault of your own. Hitting an animal, theft, falling object damage, etc.
Yeah, I guess I may as well just suck it up because the difference between $100 and $500 deductible for comp & collision was $300 every six months, so I guess it is what it is.

I do miss normal states where a zero deductible glass coverage was offered.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #423
I wanna be Dave

Smart people that latch onto dumb ideas supported by other smart people that have a brain fart and support said dumb ideas and then preach those dumb ideas to the very end rather than step back and realize they're wrong baffle the fawk out of me.

I've gone round after round with people for decades and I will not back down if I know I'm right. If I realize I am wrong I will admit it and we can move on. Why doesn't everyone have the ability to be objective like that? Is that a rarity these days or what?

I just read a couple long winded arguments from a business owner detailing junk science supported by an engineer that either didn't explain things to him right or is just a moron with a piece of paper on the wall. Absolutely refused to admit there was a shred of a chance he was wrong and will argue it until the bitter end. WTF?
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #424
I wanna be Dave

YouTube Rant...

I live is Idaho, why in the hell am I getting California political ads?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #425
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I've gone round after round with people for decades and I will not back down if I know I'm right. If I realize I am wrong I will admit it and we can move on. Why doesn't everyone have the ability to be objective like that? Is that a rarity these days or what?
Because winning is more important than learning something. Too many people have figured out that a continual barrage of poo is an easy win.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:46 PM   #426
Suck it up!

Another work rant:

Since the service manager was going to be gone for a few days, we had our shop meeting a day early (yesterday). He summarized the lengthy discussion he had with the boss. Workflow changes were outlined, one of the techs got promoted to shop foreman/dispatcher (a much needed position), plans were made for the upcoming slow season. Everybody left in good spirits and looking forward to straightening out the kinks we've been dealing with.

Today, first thing, the boss comes in. We've determined that he lives in a bubble of anxiety and chaos, and it follows him around wherever he goes. He scraps all of the workflow changes, severely downgrades the promotion from needed to pointless, changes all of the plans for the slow season, completely disrupts every single one of the service writers who are desperately trying to get caught up, and then announces that he will be sitting in all next week to learn the new software. Most everybody left wondering where the nearest bar was.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #427
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Because winning is more important than learning something. Too many people have figured out that a continual barrage of poo is an easy win.
Winning in their mind but looking like a fawking buffoon to anyone that has actual knowledge. The yes men fanbois are no help in that regard either.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:55 AM   #428
Suck it up!

Quote:
Winning in their mind but looking like a fawking buffoon to anyone that has actual knowledge. The yes men fanbois are no help in that regard either.
Doesn't matter, wins keep their ego fed. Most peoples reaction to cognitive dissonance is to dig in and hold their ground. The more you believe, the harder you hold on, and the dumber your argument gets. Anything is better than admitting that you are wrong.

Yes men fanbois are simply living vicariously through other peoples arguments for the same reasons, plus some validation (go team!).
Old 10-13-2018, 01:22 AM   #429
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Doesn't matter, wins keep their ego fed. Most peoples reaction to cognitive dissonance is to dig in and hold their ground. The more you believe, the harder you hold on, and the dumber your argument gets. Anything is better than admitting that you are wrong.

Yes men fanbois are simply living vicariously through other peoples arguments for the same reasons, plus some validation (go team!).

Spot on interpretation of the argument. Both the head moron and dumb follower is absolutely correct.

The best part of this one is that I'm not involved for once. I've gone rounds with the guy many times before but this time I'm a couple days after the fact just reading and shaking my head & laughing.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #430
RCC Addict

Quote:
Smart people that latch onto dumb ideas supported by other smart people that have a brain fart and support said dumb ideas and then preach those dumb ideas to the very end rather than step back and realize they're wrong baffle the fawk out of me.

I'll argue with people even when I know I'm wrong just to make them mad.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #431
I wanna be Dave

I almost went off the deep end last week, between finding out I wasn't insured the whole year, and not getting paid for my last worked sunday. its all fixed now, but the people who ****ed it up didn't get written up or anything... I don't get it? I must not be that important. I mean, I am the only one out of 93 people who can actualy tune PID's....
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #432
I wanna be Dave

Used RC Rant...

I have been thinking of getting a Rustler for a high(er) speed basher, and figured I'd peruse what was local for sale. I am just looking for an XL5 version, and given that you can pick one up new for around $160, was thinking I should be able to get a used one in good shape for around $100 (RTR), or a roller for around $80. So far I have been able to find a pile of parts for $50, a couple of rollers for around $150, and RTRs around $200. Really people?!? I offered one guy $100 for an RTR with an AM radio, and that was just because it didn't look like it had been beat to crap. He said he could not go any lower than than $160 because it was "upgraded". The guy threw on a HW ESC and a set of RPM arms...

There were a couple more adds that just made me giggle, one guy was selling a Slash (VXL) and Rustler (XL5) with AM radios for $700, they came with a Profit NiMH charger and three batteries... woopee!
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #433
RCC Addict

When some don't know how to read/follow directions. My rant is over.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #434
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Used RC Rant...

I have been thinking of getting a Rustler for a high(er) speed basher, and figured I'd peruse what was local for sale. I am just looking for an XL5 version, and given that you can pick one up new for around $160, was thinking I should be able to get a used one in good shape for around $100 (RTR), or a roller for around $80. So far I have been able to find a pile of parts for $50, a couple of rollers for around $150, and RTRs around $200. Really people?!? I offered one guy $100 for an RTR with an AM radio, and that was just because it didn't look like it had been beat to crap. He said he could not go any lower than than $160 because it was "upgraded". The guy threw on a HW ESC and a set of RPM arms...

There were a couple more adds that just made me giggle, one guy was selling a Slash (VXL) and Rustler (XL5) with AM radios for $700, they came with a Profit NiMH charger and three batteries... woopee!
craigslist and fb marketplace listings. lol ive seen to many like that.

"traxxas stampede like new! (first gen) 210$" its like a damn 20$ truck now. lol.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #435
I wanna be Dave

"Hey guys check out this new chassis I just dedigned!"

Huh, looks virtually identical to these other 2 chassis designed by someone else?

"No! Totally different!!"

Rc4wd competition moa bully 2 chassis.

Sudu 3d from dravtech who designed both chassis.

And the "new" chassis that is "completely different" than those...

Yea, no resemblance at all other than being about 90% the same as a love child between them.

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 10-16-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:52 AM   #436
Rock Crawler

Took a friend for a drive.

So last night my country made marijuana legal, so my terminally ill friend asked me to take him to a dispensary’s midnight opening party. We left at around 9:30pm, didn’t get back till 3:30am, or 4:00am. On the way home I stopped on the side of the road so he could get out stretch his legs, and have a smoke. After a few mins I asked him how he felt to be smoking legally bought weed, he replied it was weird to buy it from a store, but they were very helpful, then I asked how it tasted, he replies it tastes earthy. Now I don’t exactly know what earthy tastes like, but I have done a lip stand, and I’ve tripped running full torque after an outfield pop fly, and ate a bit of sod, and if earthy tastes like that than it tastes like dirt!
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:16 AM   #437
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
Took a friend for a drive.

So last night my country made marijuana legal, so my terminally ill friend asked me to take him to a dispensary’s midnight opening party. We left at around 9:30pm, didn’t get back till 3:30am, or 4:00am. On the way home I stopped on the side of the road so he could get out stretch his legs, and have a smoke. After a few mins I asked him how he felt to be smoking legally bought weed, he replied it was weird to buy it from a store, but they were very helpful, then I asked how it tasted, he replies it tastes earthy. Now I don’t exactly know what earthy tastes like, but I have done a lip stand, and I’ve tripped running full torque after an outfield pop fly, and ate a bit of sod, and if earthy tastes like that than it tastes like dirt!
No, man, earthy is good! Orally communing with nature!! The face plant comes later ;)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #438

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I almost went off the deep end last week, between finding out I wasn't insured the whole year, and not getting paid for my last worked sunday. its all fixed now, but the people who ****ed it up didn't get written up or anything... I don't get it? I must not be that important. I mean, I am the only one out of 93 people who can actualy tune PID's....
It seems that everywhere people that work hard are managed with a microscope and those that do nothing are left to act how they wish. I don't understand it!

Quote:
"Hey guys check out this new chassis I just dedigned!"

Huh, looks virtually identical to these other 2 chassis designed by someone else?

"No! Totally different!!"

Rc4wd competition moa bully 2 chassis.

Sudu 3d from dravtech who designed both chassis.

And the "new" chassis that is "completely different" than those...

Yea, no resemblance at all other than being about 90% the same as a love child between them.
If you are stealing designs from RC4WD you should just quit!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #439
Suck it up!

I tried some cbd oil that my mom described as earthy. It tasted like a freshly cut lawn smells.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #440
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I tried some cbd oil that my mom described as earthy. It tasted like a freshly cut lawn smells.
One of my aunts take RSO, I think I heard her say it’s Rick Simpson Oil, and for all the ailments it’s suppose to help with you’d think it was some sort of snake oil bought from the back of a horse drawn carriage. Time will tell if it’s actually helping her, or maybe it’s more of a placebo.

Rant: Bathroom usage...

Every once and a while my neighbors come over to use the bathroom (it’s not weird, they are family), today my cousin comes into my house asks if he can use the bathroom, he says his Dad likes to take 45min showers, and how inconsiderate...blah, blah, blah. So I say “at least he’ll have shit/shower/shaved, I’ve had to wait for you to to get out of the bathroom for about the same time, and all you managed to do is shit!

Last edited by Alexander_0_1; 10-20-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM