Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 08:52 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rant Thread

F'n bureaucrats and their zoning rules...
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

They pull in a pretty good racing and crawling crowd from what I read. My guess (and only a guess) is that the town turned a "blind eye" to it (the owner has had the track back there for a while) until someone made a stink about it. Once the town was forced to address it, it probably came down to safety and "commercial" use of residential property (I don't think he runs it "for profit").

I read about a similar thing in CA, where a pissed off customer/racer told the town about "safety violations" at a local track. The town came in and shut the place down for code violations; mainly their driver's stand and some of the outdoor electrical. The owners had to pony up thousands of dollars to be "compliant" or shut down. I believe the track shut down, as most track owners don't typically have that kind of money laying around.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

that crap pisses me off the most. all because of the money too...
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Stop whining. Get a better job.

I start mine on the 12th.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

okay, I'll give a Quick Rant..
Commonsense and Efficiency is banned from my work..
The Family tree doesn't Fork......................

Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Like clockwork, every spring, we turn on the AC at work and...

Nothing...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Been trying hard to get back to werk, I even reached out to a staffing company just to find something. A few interviews and a lot of - nothing. WTF does a guy have to do to get the entry level job to get the skills to get fast w/ the Solidworks? Every place I've interviewed for an entry level design job, the feedback is the same. " great personality, lots of skills and knowledge in aerospace manufacturing, he just needs more time w/ the software to get up to speed." Isn't that what 'Entry level position' means?
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

So the Brits are hanging up their EU badged vest, putting them in bad standing.

But worst of all, EU now ask for even more funds cuz managing a smaller gang is so much more expensive.

I swear people working in such a line of work ( politicians ) they are probably worse / more dangerous parasites than the ones selling drugs to little children.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
RANT....

I am sick of the NRA... That pack of idiots right now are doing more harm to our gun rights than they are doing good.
It just came out the other day that the NRA was a point of contact for Russians looking to influence US elections. the NRA! I have my guns, I don't need the NRA to keep them.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Like clockwork, every spring, we turn on the AC at work and...

Nothing...
We just got a new one at work in the last week since the old one was on it's last legs.............lets just say this new works..............really good......
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:55 AM   #51
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Dunno what it's like in the US, but here it's ****ing smart phones.....every ****ing idiot including my boss can't get off the ****ing things.

Now i understand if you need a call or you kid is dying, but **** me there is NO need to sit of facebook or text 1000 times a ****ing day, and leave me to run the rig all on my own.....and that includes the aspie engineers too
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:30 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

As a general thing i do not in the slightest way trust people that is on their phone for more than 10 minutes every day, for any normal healthy person that should cover the actual need, anything else is either sick or work related.
And if a person / company / institution are on facetwitt, well that rise a red flag for me too.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
As a general thing i do not in the slightest way trust people that is on their phone for more than 10 minutes every day, for any normal healthy person that should cover the actual need, anything else is either sick or work related.
And if a person / company / institution are on facetwitt, well that rise a red flag for me too.
I cannot understand how people are able to stretch their conversations for hours on phone.

I am a very point to point guy and I do not speak more than what is necessary on phone. What triggers me are those people that repeat the same thing that they said a few minutes ago.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

What? Seriously? And I thought I was getting to the age of get off my lawn! Some of us don't have our family close by, so we're forced to catch up on the phone. I'm not going to do so during my work day, but it's pretty common for me to talk to family members, or close friends that I don't get to see often for over an hour on the phone. If you're going to jump to the conclusion that anyone that talks on their phone for more than 10 minutes is mentally unhealthy, then I'll jump to the conclusion that you're such a boring and uninteresting person that you can't find something to talk about for more than 10 minutes with another human being. See how that works?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
What? Seriously? And I thought I was getting to the age of get off my lawn! Some of us don't have our family close by, so we're forced to catch up on the phone. I'm not going to do so during my work day, but it's pretty common for me to talk to family members, or close friends that I don't get to see often for over an hour on the phone. If you're going to jump to the conclusion that anyone that talks on their phone for more than 10 minutes is mentally unhealthy, then I'll jump to the conclusion that you're such a boring and uninteresting person that you can't find something to talk about for more than 10 minutes with another human being. See how that works?

This, almost all of Mom's family is in Central Iowa and we currently live in the Chicago Suburbs and besides living around here in the early 70's, they also lived in Minnesota for a short time as well as on the Iowa side of the Missouri River before I was born. Apparently at one time, she was spending so much time talking to her sisters on the phone that she was offered corporate phone rates, according to Dad
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

People that mistake kindness for weakness. I'm fairly soft spoken, and try really hard to treat people with respect, and treat them how I'd want to be treated if I were in their shoes. But the problem that I've noticed, eventually, people just assume because you're soft spoken and kind, that you're weak and start taking advantage of you. Well, I've got a news flash for some people in my life. They've had the kind, nice guy for a good long while that they assumed was weak, but they're about to get a big reality check.

Also, migratory snow birds (a.k.a. snow turds) that come here from whatever flat, treeless shithole they're from every May - October, then bitch about how things are here. If you don't like how things are here for the three months you're in your summer home, feel free to pack your shit and leave and never come back. Hell, I'll help ya pack. Not only that, but for the love of God, please practice going through a curve before coming here. This hammering the brakes, dropping to 20 below the speed limit at every curve is getting old. Kind of like the line of cars and drivers behind you is growing old as we speak. Don't bother with any of those pull offs though, nobody ever really uses those, they're the guest pull offs, they're just for decorative purposes.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #57
Come and take them!®

Rant or WTH thread???
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Why is finding a decent car mechanic so frustrating?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Why is finding a decent car mechanic so frustrating?
look in the mirror and tell yourself to learn. the only thing that might limit you is space. not being a prick about it. im just saying.. its not hard to be a diy guy doing it the right way. and half the time.. the mechanics like to overcharge or charge you for something that isn't wrong.

on the other hand.. why is finding a ac guy so hard in my workplace? we only got 2 for the whole plant.

its hot out and 1 chiller for the test cells aint cutting it. we need both on line so the engines can run.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
look in the mirror and tell yourself to learn. the only thing that might limit you is space. not being a prick about it. im just saying.. its not hard to be a diy guy doing it the right way. and half the time.. the mechanics like to overcharge or charge you for something that isn't wrong.

on the other hand.. why is finding a ac guy so hard in my workplace? we only got 2 for the whole plant.

its hot out and 1 chiller for the test cells aint cutting it. we need both on line so the engines can run.
I have no problem with simple stuff, but currently have a W5A580 trans that doesn't shift and the error code implies a failed solenoid. I just really imagine that 2 seperate techs could figure this out and not have one of them trying to replace the spider gears in the rear axle instead.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM