Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #681
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
So glad to hear truth about Levis.

I thought Levis had different quality for America and other European nations, but seems like their issue is universal.
Levis expects people to pay USD 60-100 for a pair that won't last more than a year. Its one of the most overrated brand that has zero control on quality. Probably the quality issue arrises due to recycled cotton.

Cheap 15-20$ jeans with a better gsm out perform Levis and I have seen this several times. The only good thing about Levis is their fit.
There was a time many moons ago when I wore nothing but 501s, loved them. But, suddenly, they went from affordable and durable, to trendy, expensive, and low quality. Now, its Wranglers from Wally-World, its hard to beat $20 a pair. That is, when they have my size in stock, at 6'5", jeans can be hard to find. When I do find them, I buy every pair they have.

New Rant... Knock-Offs...

When in the hell did knock-off become ok? I am seeing more and more posts asking what people think about various knock-offs, normally of some Axial truck like the SCX10 or Wraith. I am not made of money, and want the best deal I can get for my RC dollars, but I will not purposely buy something that I know is a rip-off of someone else's hard work.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #682
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
There was a time many moons ago when I wore nothing but 501s, loved them. But, suddenly, they went from affordable and durable, to trendy, expensive, and low quality. Now, its Wranglers from Wally-World, its hard to beat $20 a pair. That is, when they have my size in stock, at 6'5", jeans can be hard to find. When I do find them, I buy every pair they have.

New Rant... Knock-Offs...

When in the hell did knock-off become ok? I am seeing more and more posts asking what people think about various knock-offs, normally of some Axial truck like the SCX10 or Wraith. I am not made of money, and want the best deal I can get for my RC dollars, but I will not purposely buy something that I know is a rip-off of someone else's hard work.

how in the hell does someone 6'5" get submarine qualified
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:38 PM   #683
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I understand some of the problems you have to face with your frame size, but it's also nice to be that tall.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #684
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
how in the hell does someone 6'5" get submarine qualified
For the most part, you walk around looking like a giant question mark. Seriously, it depends on the platform. Ohio class boats aren't that bad, most of the overheads are > 6'8", but there are a couple of spots you have to look out for. Fast attacks do not have much headroom at all, and can be quite painful at time.

As far as the submarine service goes, 6'8" is the tallest you can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I understand some of the problems you have to face with your frame size, but it's also nice to be that tall.
Especially during tank top season...
Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 PM   #685
I wanna be Dave

I, too was a nuttin' but 501s guy for my adult life - and now have started buying Wranglers offa Amazon that beat their comfort and quality for far less.

Easier to find my size, too - but I have the opposite problem - got a long torso and a short inseam!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 PM   #686
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
For the most part, you walk around looking like a giant question mark. Seriously, it depends on the platform. Ohio class boats aren't that bad, most of the overheads are > 6'8", but there are a couple of spots you have to look out for. Fast attacks do not have much headroom at all, and can be quite painful at time.

As far as the submarine service goes, 6'8" is the tallest you can be.
I assume if you smack your head on enough overheads you either figure it out or transfer to a surface ship...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #687
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I assume if you smack your head on enough overheads you either figure it out or transfer to a surface ship...
GADS no...

A submariner could hit their heads so hard on a bulkhead that their brains fall out, and still have twice the IQ of the average skimmer.

Also... sh!t floats...
Old 04-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #688

Quote:
GADS no...

A submariner could hit their heads so hard on a bulkhead that their brains fall out, and still have twice the IQ of the average skimmer.

Also... sh!t floats...
haha! I work with a lot of Ohio Class guys, but honestly, not many of them are tall.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:54 AM   #689
Quarry Creeper

Handmade jeans fron Detroit.

https://youtu.be/NwLo0szZwck
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #690
Pebble Pounder

Sooo... I go to watch the Red Sox via PS Vue and I see "Not Available" in the NESN channel column. I get on the Google machine and find out that Sony and NESN have been in a contract negotiation for a couple of months and Sony abruptly cancelled NESN's contract today.

No more Bruins or Red Sox for me...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 PM   #691
I wanna be Dave

There is a reason why I don't let people work on my own vehicles. I won't even let the dealership change the oil or do any servicing on my fusion.

Rewind to the winter in January of 2018.. My ranger from what I thought blew a head gasket. Not the case whatsoever.. Found this out today. The thermostat was in backwards, and on top of that bad gas from a sonoco gas station I never go to. Detonation.. Truck never had heat after a local replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, among some other things. He did this 30,000 miles before it had went kablamo. On top of all this, the water pump isnt new, timing belt tensioner wasn't replaced, and the timing belt looked like it was about to give.

Knock knock, its rodneys cousin.. Ringly the domey piston.

With the combonation of getting overly hot (coolant never getting cycled out of the block) and cheap gas.. I end up with this.

I don't drive very far to work. So I'm not suprized it didn't happen on the way there. It happened on a 40 minute drive to my favorite indoor rc track.

I learned my lesson long ago, but this was a last ditch effort to get back to base in kentucky on a weekend. I should have done it myself before I came north in leave. It was due for some service. At least I did the plugs and wires.. I bet he could have screwed that up too. 2.5l 8 plug head.

So now, I guess, this is a good excuse to slap in the cleveland I've been hoarding for 4 years.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:07 AM   #692
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
There is a reason why I don't let people work on my own vehicles. I won't even let the dealership change the oil or do any servicing on my fusion.

Rewind to the winter in January of 2018.. My ranger from what I thought blew a head gasket. Not the case whatsoever.. Found this out today. The thermostat was in backwards, and on top of that bad gas from a sonoco gas station I never go to. Detonation.. Truck never had heat after a local replaced the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, among some other things. He did this 30,000 miles before it had went kablamo. On top of all this, the water pump isnt new, timing belt tensioner wasn't replaced, and the timing belt looked like it was about to give.

Knock knock, its rodneys cousin.. Ringly the domey piston.

With the combonation of getting overly hot (coolant never getting cycled out of the block) and cheap gas.. I end up with this.

I don't drive very far to work. So I'm not suprized it didn't happen on the way there. It happened on a 40 minute drive to my favorite indoor rc track.

I learned my lesson long ago, but this was a last ditch effort to get back to base in kentucky on a weekend. I should have done it myself before I came north in leave. It was due for some service. At least I did the plugs and wires.. I bet he could have screwed that up too. 2.5l 8 plug head.

So now, I guess, this is a good excuse to slap in the cleveland I've been hoarding for 4 years.

Sadly, some of just are not mechanics, and have to rely on others to do this kind of work and pray they don't screw it up.

My F150 has a dealer-backed forever warranty, as long as I own it, it is covered for anything that goes wrong, regardless of time or mileage. The two caveats to maintaining that warranty are that all factory recommended service has to be done, and that all service is done by the dealership's service department. I can take it somewhere else for maintenance, but I have to call ahead each time and get permission. While this sounds cool, I have found Ford service techs to be unmitigated butt-monkeys who have no customer service skills, feeble mechanical skills, and zero attention to detail. Before each service/oil change I have to dig into the service manual to see what recommended maintenance is required, then I have to verify that it is actually done. When I bought the truck, I didn't think this whole process would be as annoying as it turned out to be. Worse, the service manager will tell me that my truck is ready, I'll ask about something and he'll say, "oh... we didn't get that done this time..." With no satisfactory explanation of why. I like my truck, but I hate taking it in for service.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #693
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sadly, some of just are not mechanics, and have to rely on others to do this kind of work and pray they don't screw it up.
Changing the oil, plugs, wires, among other small things are quite easy. There are service manuals that can help you out.

Youtube can help you out too.

If the Army can make a mechanic in 9 weeks out of basic skills and tool knowledge, you can quite possibly work on your own vehicle. I encourage anybody to work on thier own vehicle.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #694
I wanna be Dave

ok, I have had enough. I ordered once from Amain and it was a terrible shipping experience. I decided to give it another try and its worse this time...WTF!!!!!!! I live in INDIANA!!!! needless to say I will not be buying from Amain again. It sat for 7 days in Sacramento! Now I gotta get these tires somewhere else. I emailed them 2 days ago about this issue of where they were at and got no reply. Then get the notice they were delivered today! Today I called and had to leave a message...

Your item was delivered.

Shipped
Tue, Apr 16

Delivered
Thu, Apr 25

Tracking details
USPS tracking #9400110897864006239139

Apr 25, 2019
10:47am

Delivered
SACRAMENTO, CA 94257

Apr 24, 2019
07:42am

Arrived at Post Office
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA 95799

Apr 24, 2019
07:42am

Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Apr 21, 2019
00:00am

In Transit to Next Facility

Apr 17, 2019
09:04am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SACRAMENTO CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Apr 17, 2019
07:49am

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
CHICO, CA 95928

Apr 16, 2019
15:08pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
CHICO, CA 95926

Apr 16, 2019
08:40am PDT

Tracking number provided
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #695
I wanna be Dave

Could that have been the USPS's fault?

I've had a number of packages get routed the wrong way taking twice as long to arrive.

Still thats no excuse for poor customer service, they should at least reply to your email. I know I wont be changing your mind lol, but I've had great service overall from Amain.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #696
Rock Crawler

If USPS are anything like Danish postal, then i know where i would direct the most of my anger.
I see another decrepit old man have announced he are running for oval office in the US, really any kindergarten child would be more safe.
The older politicians are the less i respect them, i instantly step a step or two back and wave my open palms in front of me saying " dude you have done enough"
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #697
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Could that have been the USPS's fault?

I've had a number of packages get routed the wrong way taking twice as long to arrive.

Still thats no excuse for poor customer service, they should at least reply to your email. I know I wont be changing your mind lol, but I've had great service overall from Amain.

lol, well I finally got an email from them, why would you continue to use them if they keep doing the same crap?

I'm so sorry about that. There are a couple of USPS hubs that keep doing this and Sacramento is one of them. They are scanning it in as Delivered, instead of just scanning that it's there or it's departed. I have already contacted our USPS rep and it should hopefully be corrected soon, but every single one that I've come across so far has still delivered, it just didn't have any further tracking updates. But rest assured, if it does end up lost for some reason, all of our packages are 100% insured. So you would be able to get a full refund or replacement. I apologize for any inconvenience.

must be really cheap shipping

Last edited by allanon1965; 04-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #698
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
ok, I have had enough. I ordered once from Amain and it was a terrible shipping experience. I decided to give it another try and its worse this time...WTF!!!!!!! I live in INDIANA!!!! needless to say I will not be buying from Amain again. It sat for 7 days in Sacramento! Now I gotta get these tires somewhere else. I emailed them 2 days ago about this issue of where they were at and got no reply. Then get the notice they were delivered today! Today I called and had to leave a message...

Your item was delivered.

Tracking number provided
I have played thing game before. There is a local BrinkLink seller with a giant selection and great prices, but does not allow walk-ins. The last two times I ordered from him the packages took two weeks to get to me, both hit a west coast hub, then got bounced to an east coast hub, then to Seattle, then to Spokane, back to Seattle, then to a post office where they were organically shipped from, back to Spokane, then finally to my post office. And it would have only taken me 20 minutes to drive down and pick the order up if he allowed it...
Old 04-25-2019, 05:36 PM   #699
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
...And it would have only taken me 20 minutes to drive down and pick the order up if he allowed it...
Screw that shop/hub/whateverthehellitis
Old 05-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #700
Rock Crawler

I hate thieves! Stolen from my driveway yesterday:

KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM