Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
One quick google...

Several prominent Russians had contact with NRA during 2016 campaign - NY Daily News

Anyhow, came here to throw out a rant about Cartoon Network and why the f they decide to show Ben10 every dang hour all week. (My munchkin is in town, getting quickly tired of Ben10 instead of sponge bob, gum ball, and teen titans).

Oh yeah and gd commercials with awful jingles that burrow into your brain to the point where you hear one tiny fraction of it and the jungle is in your head for hours. There’s a dentist place out here that has the worst jingle, I’m tempted to go down there and play their commercial on a loud speaker pointed right at their office until they break and never play it again.
Wow! NY Daily News. Good to see that you found such an unbiased source. After two years of investigation Mueller has only been able to indict 13 Russians concerning Facebook posts and ads and is now trying to get out of going to court over some of those indictments because one group supposedly involved didn't exist when they were supposed to have interfered.

Wouldn't it be nice if your source did the same sort of report on green groups who we know get much of their money from Russia and the Middle East? Wonder why Russia is so dumb as to interfere on behalf of both sides?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #122

What annoys me is when somebody on a forum or social media group asks a question and people respond with a picture of their clapped out RC. Nobody gives a shit about your piece of junk. A question thread isn't a post a photo of yours thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
My significant other being a passive robot in our relationship. I'm so tired of carrying all the weight of everything.
Get rid of them while you can! It's much easier if you're not married! Life is too short to be miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
The NY Daily News is basically a tabloid
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #123
RCC Addict

I hate WHEN I have to drive some where's to do what i gotta do then SOME go do this type of shit... Some shouldn't be driving ! https://youtu.be/04FKwi3jEWw

Or like if im driving the RIGHT WAY into a bank parking lot THEN THAT DICKHEAD that comes in the WRONG way takes a parking THEN MADDOGS me cuz HE DID WRONG ..... !
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #124

Chipseal AKA tar and chip should be illegal! Do you guys have this where you are? They basically throw cinders on top of tar. Some cinders stick and create a new, shitty road surface. The rest is just loose stones that are very dangerous to cars and even worse for motorcycles.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #125
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Chipseal AKA tar and chip should be illegal! Do you guys have this where you are? They basically throw cinders on top of tar. Some cinders stick and create a new, shitty road surface. The rest is just loose stones that are very dangerous to cars and even worse for motorcycles.
They do that here in the winter as a temporary pothole patch. I never understood why, as the "patch" typically lasts until the first tractor-trailer drives over it.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
They do that here in the winter as a temporary pothole patch. I never understood why, as the "patch" typically lasts until the first tractor-trailer drives over it.
It's summer here and they just did it to two roads that I travel. One is on the way to work so I have to detour around it because I choose to do so. Those stones fly up and chip the paint of your car. And if people hit those lose cinders even at the speed limit they have a chance to spinout.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So you want to ban half of our roads down here then? I hate the shit too, I've seen it so bad here that you'll slide in a car/truck because they didn't power broom off the excess, just left it a couple inches deep on top for good measure.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
It's just plain cheap, lazy maintenance. If the road's shot, repave it, else leave it the hell alone. I have yet to see chipseal do anything positive, but like hpi said, they love it here.

Sorrier still since this pathetic state charges 3% value road use tax when you title a car!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

around where I grew up it was called hillbilly blacktop lol
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Dominoes is repaving roads , ask them to help.
https://reason.com/blog/2018/06/13/d...uild-the-roads
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Quote:
I only know of 1 road around here where they did that, it's basically like a WRC stage if you go at any rate of speed lol, absolutely horrible, but fun

Around here they do micro surfacing. It sucks when it's brand new because the little pieces still come up off it, but it's better because the previous asphalt layer might still be good so it's a lot faster to a smoother road in the end.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:00 PM   #132
Rock Stacker

Quote:

The best is when they go too heavy on the tar. Nothing like using a shovel to dig tar out of fenders and spending 3 hours with kerosene cleaning the tar off the paint. Then you gotta wash the whole damn thing with dishsoap and then you spend 2 more hours waxing it. And the best part? My wife only drove for a half mile on that road, noticed that something wasn't right and went slow. But unfortunately it was too little too late. The car was right and proper f*$ked.
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:13 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Medication commercials. Aspirin, cough syrup, funky cooch spray, yeah, I get it, fine, at least some of them have some semblance of a story line. Take your 15-30 seconds and move along.

But the new trend of peddling prescription medications sixteen times a day...ENOUGH!!! One more "moderate to severe" anything that you're going to whine about for the next two to three minutes and I'm done. I don't want to hear you cry about your depression, your colitis, your diabetes and what drug-of-the-month you're being paid to claim cured you anymore.

Nine times out of ten, those commercials are immediately followed by an ambulance chasing attorney commercial soliciting victims for a class action suit against the manufacturers of the drug you just watched a promotional ad for!!

Doctors love them too, according to my GF who works at a general practitioner's office...now in addition to the new breed of WebMD educated bozos who immediately tell their provider what they have because they looked up their symptoms, those same geniuses are telling them what medication they need to have prescribed.

Just another flashing indicator that Big Pharma is making too damn much money and needs to be throttled.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:30 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Was funnier when I misread colitis as clitoris but yep... nauseating how many new drugs are being advertised these days.

Feeling lethargic? You NEED Lethagone!

May cause kidney stones, tooth loss , severe anal bleeding, restlessness, explosive diarrhea, insanity, weight gain, turrets, stink eye, heart disease, and lethargy!! Please discontinue use and consult with your physician if you experience any of these side effects!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:40 PM   #135
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Was funnier when I misread colitis as clitoris but yep... nauseating how many new drugs are being advertised these days.

Feeling lethargic? You NEED Lethagone!

May cause kidney stones, tooth loss , severe anal bleeding, restlessness, explosive diarrhea, insanity, weight gain, turrets, stink eye, heart disease, and lethargy!! Please discontinue use and consult with your physician if you experience any of these side effects!
Old 06-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Medication commercials. Aspirin, cough syrup, funky cooch spray, yeah, I get it, fine, at least some of them have some semblance of a story line. Take your 15-30 seconds and move along.

But the new trend of peddling prescription medications sixteen times a day...ENOUGH!!! One more "moderate to severe" anything that you're going to whine about for the next two to three minutes and I'm done. I don't want to hear you cry about your depression, your colitis, your diabetes and what drug-of-the-month you're being paid to claim cured you anymore.

Nine times out of ten, those commercials are immediately followed by an ambulance chasing attorney commercial soliciting victims for a class action suit against the manufacturers of the drug you just watched a promotional ad for!!

Doctors love them too, according to my GF who works at a general practitioner's office...now in addition to the new breed of WebMD educated bozos who immediately tell their provider what they have because they looked up their symptoms, those same geniuses are telling them what medication they need to have prescribed.

Just another flashing indicator that Big Pharma is making too damn much money and needs to be throttled.
I'm a huge believer that advertising prescription drugs to the public should be banned. Then ban any financial incentives a doctor receives for prescribing drug xyz. A doctor should be prescribing something because he feels it's the best solution to the problem, not because his wallet gets a little fatter.
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

This talk of medication commercials -

I had JUST watched a comedian do a routine about how he and his kids used to play a game with each other having to name things that began with the next letter in the alphabet...

Like a "learning their ABCs" sort of thing...

He said one day one of the kids dropped the name of a medication into the game, because he had seen/heard it on TV.

Now they've started playing a harder game JUST using the names of meds...

(Damn, now I need to remember who the hell it was, it was truly funny - obviously you had to be there!)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:35 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
This talk of medication commercials -

I had JUST watched a comedian do a routine about how he and his kids used to play a game with each other having to name things that began with the next letter in the alphabet...

Like a "learning their ABCs" sort of thing...

He said one day one of the kids dropped the name of a medication into the game, because he had seen/heard it on TV.

Now they've started playing a harder game JUST using the names of meds...

(Damn, now I need to remember who the hell it was, it was truly funny - obviously you had to be there!)
You must've missed the commercial pushing the scrip med that improves memory ;)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2018, 05:04 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Why is it when I call a contractor to give me an estimate on repairing a crooked wall in my house, they never contact me with an estimate? I have had 4 contractors all who seemed very interested in the job, come and inspect the wall, promise to give me a quote and then never get back to me!

It's not a huge job I know, but it's not a 1 day repair either, I can imagine it's a few thousand dollars to complete. I don't understand it.... Why promise me an estimate and then disappear? I had a 5th contractor I called who was honest enough to tell me over the phone that he wasn't interested in the job.

Anyone out there who is a contractor or knows one in NW indiana (LaPorte Indiana) that will give me an estimate to fix the wall?

I need the estimate to settle with the manufacturer and Laporte housing so I can get this fixed. There were issues with the marriage line and the tile flooring and I managed to get estimates for those...

This is beginning to piss me off
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #140
RCC Addict

This one goes out to a shockingly high number of people with whom I'm forced to share the road on a daily basis that skipped this day during driver's ed, none of whom are likely members of this forum, but hey, it's a rant thread. Let's talk about the LEFT LANE(s).

Note that there's a right lane, first and foremost. No matter how many left lanes there may be, there's always a right lane. If you want to drive the speed limit, or less, or somewhere in between randomly with no conscious awareness of it, or daydream while trying to remember the lyrics to "The Hustle", feel free to do this in the right lane.

Some of us would like to get home/to work/to the LHS/to Wal-Mart/to the adult store sometime today, and we shouldn't have to contend with you phuckwits idling down the left lane and holding up the rest of us.

Simple concept here (and it really is simple): If you're not actively overtaking/passing another vehicle in the right lane, or don't have merging traffic immediately on your right, MOVE OVER. I don't care how fast you're going, I don't care what you're driving, I don't care how special and entitled you believe yourself to be, MOVE OVER.

This last part I'll save for the select few true dumbasses among the addressees for whom I truly hope there exists an especially egregious corner of hell. If I'm in the right lane, and you'd like to go faster than I am currently travelling, feel free to pass me in the left lane (which I will have left open for you to do so) and be on your way. Do NOT catch up to me and then proceed to slow to my speed so that you may drive right alongside of me when there is no one in front of you impeding your forward progress!! I promise I will continue to gradually drift toward you until you finally realize I will in fact introduce you to the median/shoulder/next lane over, what have you. You are, truly, the biggest phuckwits of them all! And when I watch you do this alongside a semi hauling doubles and he/she feels inclined to similarly show you the error of your ways, it can be the highlight of my day.

You have been briefed.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM