Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2022, 11:21 PM   #1401
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rant Thread

Not so much a rant, but I’ve been thinking about doing a massive inventory reduction. I know I’ll kick myself for it later but gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. There can always be more rigs later just need to get my shit in order and having 8 or 9 or 10 rigs just doesn’t make sense right now. Haven’t been able to enjoy much since the move and I’ve just got stuff stuffed in all the crevices. Look for a massive for sale post soon.. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2022, 06:44 AM   #1402
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Not so much a rant, but I’ve been thinking about doing a massive inventory reduction. I know I’ll kick myself for it later but gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. There can always be more rigs later just need to get my shit in order and having 8 or 9 or 10 rigs just doesn’t make sense right now. Haven’t been able to enjoy much since the move and I’ve just got stuff stuffed in all the crevices. Look for a massive for sale post soon.. smh

dont jump man its gona be ok

just take it one rc/one pack at a time
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:22 AM   #1403
Quarry Creeper

$899 for an upgraded 4x4 Slash?? Am I missing something? I remember someone else posting about the insane prices people are asking for used RCs.

For those not wanting to click a link
Quote:
Custom RC Car with upgrades, lift, protective cover, New tires, travels OVER 70MPH. This car is ready to race!

Slash brushless version 1-10th scale VXL, All of the upgraded parts are billet aluminum, slipper clutch has been removed, all gearing is stock, 4wheel drive, steering servo upgraded to Traxxas with all metal gearing, comes with fast charging upgraded battery and charger.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/snw/7552990706.html
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 02:05 PM   #1404
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
$899 for an upgraded 4x4 Slash?? Am I missing something? I remember someone else posting about the insane prices people are asking for used RCs.

Eww, gross. There's this weird breed of casual hobbyist that discovers Traxxas, then discovers Integy, then blows a grand and thinks they have something valuable. I don't know how many of them stick around long enough to become true R/C geeks like us vs. getting bored and leaving the hobby, but I hope that guy eventually makes it over to the dark side
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #1405
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
I hope that guy eventually makes it over to the dark side
I hope so too. Come spend money with the rest of us and have a bunch of $600+ toys that sit on a shelf
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:00 PM   #1406
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post

Yeah, don't do it. Whenever I sell, I just buy more.

The problem is that I've sold models I poured creativity and time into. Those result in a unique, upgraded model that someone else scores for half of what I spent.

I'd only sell if I made a significant profit, which I won't. So I don't sell my modified rigs anymore.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 04:31 AM   #1407
Quarry Creeper

I sold all of my stuff a few years ago. Then I got back in. Now I only have 1 day off a week. So I'm thinking about selling all my race stuff. 12 vehicles that just sit hoping/waiting that they'll be run again. Some haven't even hit the ground yet. 8 trail trucks that I use 1 at a time. 2 have never been out of the box.
I'm so ready for D'Amazon to burn and rot.
Oh yeah and people to get off their a@$ and go to work.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 05:26 AM   #1408

I keep thinking about selling off some of the stuff that I never use. My workshop is completely overrun with RCs, most of which I never touch. Most of them probably aren't even currently usable for one reason or another. I'm the type that wants to keep everything, but a few years ago I got a wild hair to start flipping guitars and it was pretty liberating. Once I was willing to let go of tje first few, I rarely missed them because I always had a steady supply of new ones coming through to try out. Of course, the giitar hobby is much bigger than the RC hobby, so it was a lot easier not only to find deals but also to find buyers after I fixed up the guitars and put them up for sale. I don't think flipping RCs would work out the same.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:45 AM   #1409
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Eww, gross. There's this weird breed of casual hobbyist that discovers Traxxas, then discovers Integy, then blows a grand and thinks they have something valuable. I don't know how many of them stick around long enough to become true R/C geeks like us vs. getting bored and leaving the hobby, but I hope that guy eventually makes it over to the dark side
We see the same crap over here in the Inland NW. Jackasses buy a rig, throw RPM and Integy crap on it, beat the snot out of it, they want to sell their "upgraded" RC for about 25% more than what they bought it for.

I REALLY want of ask these guys, "what EXACTLY are you smoking?"
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 09:25 PM   #1410
RCC Addict

Water heater... judas priest.

Simple 45-60 minute flush job including replacing valve and anode rod. Started around noon... no end in sight although I will say that the money we've been diligently saving will very likely now be used for a new water heater. I knew it was gonna potentially be bad.. maybe even really bad. Never thought it would be this bad though. Bought the house in 2019 and neglected to flush it till now. Thing that kills me is that the water heater was installed in 2017 and I thought it would be okay for at least a couple years or so. Just inside of 5 years... it's shot. Oh and AO Smith can eat a bag of you know what.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:41 PM   #1411
I wanna be Dave

If you ever want a really good 3D printer, I can whole-heartedly suggest the Prusa Mini is an excellent 3D printer to stay very far away from...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:48 PM   #1412
Quarry Creeper

Our gas water heater started leaking from the tank. I bought a tankless water heater. Sweet!!! I never worry about hot water again. It was rough without hot water for a lil more then a week. Myself the wife and 2 girls. Neighbor asked, "what if the power goes out?" My answer "I have a power generator."
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:04 AM   #1413

just paid $6/gallon for home heating oil this past week. It's a good thing I use coal for a primary heat source because if I had to heat all winter with oil, I'd be looking at $8k in fuel.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 07:24 AM   #1414
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
just paid $6/gallon for home heating oil this past week. It's a good thing I use coal for a primary heat source because if I had to heat all winter with oil, I'd be looking at $8k in fuel.
holly poop

im so glad i have wood heat $40 a year for a wood permit
i just have to go out and thin the forest win win the state gets free labor clearing the forest and i get cheap heat for the house

side note did we get a new moderator
Old 11-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #1415
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
im so glad i have wood heat $40 a year for a wood permit
i just have to go out and thin the forest win win the state gets free labor clearing the forest and i get cheap heat for the house
Yeah we do the same aside from the permit and its mostly scraps from our sawmill. Plus we always have plenty of wood for whenever we want smores.
Goos3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:51 PM   #1416
RCC Addict

Y'all use wood heat for taking showers and washing dishes/ clothes? We use natural gas for home heating here in my neck of the woods... Unfortunately we don't use much heat being in central texas.

Anyway... Water heater has now been replaced. Unreal how hard our water is. Destroyed our water heater inside of 5 years. The new one I'll flush often to try to get some more life out of it. Put a 3/4" full port valve on it as well.
Old 11-14-2022, 03:22 PM   #1417
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Y'all use wood heat for taking showers and washing dishes/ clothes? We use natural gas for home heating here in my neck of the woods... Unfortunately we don't use much heat being in central texas.

Anyway... Water heater has now been replaced. Unreal how hard our water is. Destroyed our water heater inside of 5 years. The new one I'll flush often to try to get some more life out of it. Put a 3/4" full port valve on it as well.
ive got a tankless instahot that runs off of propain we go through about 30 gallons a year about the same for the oven
Old 11-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #1418
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
ive got a tankless instahot that runs off of propain we go through about 30 gallons a year about the same for the oven

Ah... gotcha
Old 11-14-2022, 11:06 PM   #1419
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Glad you got your water heater fixed ours is an old electric one, idk it came with the house. As far as wood heating I can say the chili hits different when its cooked on the fireplace insert vs the stove.

Last edited by Goos3; 11-14-2022 at 11:09 PM.
Goos3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:03 AM   #1420
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goos3 View Post
Glad you got your water heater fixed ours is an old electric one, idk it came with the house. As far as wood heating I can say the chili hits different when its cooked on the fireplace insert vs the stove.
Man... I'll bet it does! And that sounds really good right about now.. Some cheddar cheese, plenty of onions... I think it's about time to break out the chili pot and make a batch.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM