Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #1421
RCC Addict

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Man... I'll bet it does! And that sounds really good right about now.. Some cheddar cheese, plenty of onions... I think it's about time to break out the chili pot and make a batch.
Thats funny, i was just talkin to my dad on the phone n we were talkin about chilli. Big ol bowl full, with ritz crackers, cheese, n a grilled cheese on the side.

Dang it, now im hungry again smh. But it does sound good. Its got down in the 40s durinv the day n high 20s low 30s at night here. N im hating it, i dont like the cold. My feel get cold n im done til theyre warmed back up
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2022, 04:15 PM   #1422
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thats funny, i was just talkin to my dad on the phone n we were talkin about chilli. Big ol bowl full, with ritz crackers, cheese, n a grilled cheese on the side.

Dang it, now im hungry again smh. But it does sound good. Its got down in the 40s durinv the day n high 20s low 30s at night here. N im hating it, i dont like the cold. My feel get cold n im done til theyre warmed back up
That sure does sound good... And add another grilled cheese for me too!

I grew up in Ohio and eventually settled in Texas where I look fwd to "winter" more than just about anything. Surprisingly I've seen it snow here at least 4x and loved it every time. But I know from living up north that when it's really cold with snow over a long stretch.. That's another story lol.

Still though... Chili just doesn't sit right with me unless it's cold out ( same with beef stew and some other meals). I like daytime highs around 65-70 and lows around 45-50. I just can't handle the heat and humidity anymore. Doing yard work last week was almost effortless because it was in the 60's... sunny and low humidity. In the summer, the same amt of work and I feel like I'm gonna die lol.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:29 AM   #1423
I wanna be Dave

FCC Rant....

Last night I applied for my GMRS license, WHOLLY F-Balls!!!! I think they could have made it more complicated, but I am not sure how.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:41 PM   #1424
I wanna be Dave

Frickin resellers…all I want is a nice pair of shoes but these guys that buy dozens of pairs for retail then jack up the price to thousands of dollars In a years time are ruining it.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 05:36 PM   #1425
I wanna be Dave

Napa Autoparts....

Called to see if they had tires chains. The guy said they had them in stock and gave me a price... cool. Showed up, confirmed the information and price, and said I will take them. The guy asked if I wanted them shipped to my house or to the store. Confused, I told the guy that I was told on the phone that the chains were in stock. He confirmed, they had them in stock, they just needed to be shipped from a store that was six hours away.... ***sigh***
Old 11-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #1426
RCC Addict

Good Lord ^^^ That's ridiculous.

So- UPS. Sent return to Amazon, they create the label. Thankfully ( I thought) to keep the receipt/ tracking info. We eventually get charged by Amazon thru the seller... didn't receive the return. I try to go thru Amazon.. no dice. I contact the UPS store where I sent the return from... no dice. "Go online, create an account, file a claim, etc, etc". Judas. Are there just no phones at companies anymore? Even emails seem to be a dying correspondence option. I have to set up this account or use that app just to let you know that your company screwed up and lost my stuff? Thanks?
Old 11-23-2022, 07:03 PM   #1427
I wanna be Dave

Had a transmission flush a little while back... On my road trip this weekend I find transmission oil dripping from the undercarriage, so I turn around. Today I take it in (made the appt on Monday), they check everything over. The oil level is a bit high, but ok, and the transmission is fine, but they could tell a decent amount of oil came out of the transmission's vent. The service manager insists they did not overfill the transmission after the flush, but can't tell me where the "extra" transmission oil came from.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #1428
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Had a transmission flush a little while back... On my road trip this weekend I find transmission oil dripping from the undercarriage, so I turn around. Today I take it in (made the appt on Monday), they check everything over. The oil level is a bit high, but ok, and the transmission is fine, but they could tell a decent amount of oil came out of the transmission's vent. The service manager insists they did not overfill the transmission after the flush, but can't tell me where the "extra" transmission oil came from.

It was either overfull, or got hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #1429
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post

My guess would be overfilled unfortunately.

My brother has a truck with over 300k on it.. mind you he works in parts at the dealership.. but he had a trans service done and it didn’t make it back from the road test afterwards. Now we don’t service transmissions without a history and my brother got a trans installed for free. He had to buy the assembly through.

Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:04 PM   #1430
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post

Certainly not hot. On parts of the road tip is was -12*/f. We monitored temps on the way back, the transmission never broke 193.
Old 11-24-2022, 06:34 AM   #1431
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
My guess would be overfilled unfortunately.

My brother has a truck with over 300k on it.. mind you he works in parts at the dealership.. but he had a trans service done and it didn’t make it back from the road test afterwards. Now we don’t service transmissions without a history and my brother got a trans installed for free. He had to buy the assembly through.

when i worked in the auto feild as a young man we would have the customer sign a waver before doing a tranny service about 1 in 10 wouldent leave the bay after

heck i wont even service my own tranny unless the fluid is black and then its a drain alittle and refill drain alittle then refill

and i have extra tranys laying around if i do have a problem
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:05 AM   #1432
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Certainly not hot. On parts of the road tip is was -12*/f. We monitored temps on the way back, the transmission never broke 193.

Sounds like you scored some extra ATF for free!

That’s frustrating for sure. I work in the automotive field and absolutely hate having to get anything done to my cars. Fortunately/unfortunately that doesn’t happen often unless my Toyota needs warranty work done.

Or tires… I hate doing tires.

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:10 PM   #1433
I wanna be Dave

Amazon is doing something really interesting this year.

When I ordered my nVidia RTX 3070ti - they sent me a shipping notification and a message saying that I would get a code via text to provide the delivery person to prevent package theft!

Sure enough, I got a text from the driver when they were close asking me to corral any pets and turn on the lights out by my door if needed, and then when she arrived she asked for the code before handing me my big-ticket purchase.

Seeing as how I had a package stolen a few months back (from in front of my 3rd floor apartment door, no less!), this was MUCH appreciated...

Those criminal dumbasses that stole my package that time got a 12 pack of energy drinks, a small Wiha driver set, and a pair of jeans. I'll bet they thought they really scored based on the weight of the 12-pack!

Amazon refunded me on that one - I know it was stolen from in front of my door, because the driver snapped a pic of it sitting there and it was attached to my "delivered" email.

I get those 12-packs every 10 days, doubt it was the driver that took it - if they shook the package it would have sloshed...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 05:31 PM   #1434
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post

I get those 12-packs every 10 days, doubt it was the driver that took it - if they shook the package it would have sloshed...
I hope that one of the cans got damaged juuust enough to create a sticky mess all over the inside of the box.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:56 PM   #1435
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I hope that one of the cans got damaged juuust enough to create a sticky mess all over the inside of the box.
Yeah, I'd love for karma to come and bite 'em on the ass...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #1436
RCC Addict

Been waiting 2 weeks for my element ecto I ordered from my lhs. It was on backorder when the order was placed which was fine because the element website showed an eta of mid November.. which is when I ordered it. They tried selling me on the rtr w/lipo combo but first off I’ve got 2 chargers and I’m not spending an extra $80 for a 2s lipo I’ll never use. So roughly 5 days after I placed the order element showed them in stock. This was Wednesday before thanksgiving and I waited until Saturday evening to roll into the hobby shop and ask for a status. Without looking the guy tells me they’re still on backorder. I said interesting it shows stock online. Oh.. let me check. Hey look there’s stock here in California. I’ll place another order and you should see it by the end of the week. Granted it’s still not the end of the week but I could have ordered from any online retailer and had it over a week ago smh

Old 12-01-2022, 11:55 AM   #1437
Rock Crawler

Rant thread, probably beating a dead horse but I can blow off a little steam at Traxxas.

Pre-ordered a grey Defender either day of or day after announcement. Small LHS but been with traxxas since 1986

Fast forward to release week, lhs was confused on order status they were seeing, supposed to be coming on one screen, backorder on next.

Spent a good amount of time on the phone trying to get it sorted accross multiple days. By this point I had doubled the order in parts damn near because I grabbed a bronco from an LHS 30 minutes away so I had a TR4M for the event the next weekend.

After plenty of bs getting to the right person, my defender was set with the LHS traxxas order. But someone took it and put it with another larger LHS order.

Wouldn't hunt around the warehouse or anything to find another one or set one aside as shipments kept arriving.

Their regional traxxas rep which of course covers all area LHS was beyond pissed cause all but 2 of his stores were dealing with BS from traxxas.

If the trx4m wasn't so cool Id tell traxxis to pack sand cause they dropped the ball bad and making 0 effort to make anything right.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:44 PM   #1438
RCC Addict

I’ll eat crow… about 2 hours after my last post my lhs called and informed me my ecto made it. They didn’t inform me that the box had been opened and the battery/charger removed because that was the only way they could get one. Oh well I’ll take it.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:26 PM   #1439
RCC Addict

Where the hell does this crap stop?

Went to pay my insurance today... Policy renew time... Up $312 over last year. They say "Well the cost of claims has risen significantly and the cost of vehicles and parts has risen... blah blah... and if you look at other insurance companies and their rising rates, we're not going up as much as them". I get it but Judas Priest... my wife hasn't had a raise in over a year ... and it was a dollar... a f#@k!ng dollar!

And at the grocery... Jesus. I dunno how it is that there is nothing in place to put some kind of brakes on this insanity but I can't even afford a weeks worth of meals anymore.. much less snacks each week. And that's buying almost all off-brand/ store brand goods and coming home with hardly anything to put in the fridge/ pantry.

Fifty six years and I've NEVER seen prices on just about everything so out of control. Must just be me though because I swear... brand new decked-out TRD's and F250s, and high-end sedans as far as I can see. Dunno how people are able to be driving $70k vehicles these days. I haven't even been able to afford to do a much needed brake job on my wife's car for the past few months. Even a $20 HH motor is out of reach these days.

I'm just so damn sick of being squeezed at every turn.. rant over
Old 03-03-2023, 08:48 AM   #1440
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Where the hell does this crap stop?

I'm just so damn sick of being squeezed at every turn.. rant over
Amen.

For the last 18 months straight, we've been in the red. We're hemorrhaging cash left and right. 40% of our net income now goes to the grocery store, it's unreal, and I shop on the cheap. I'll be going back to work in the fall simply because I have to.

We took my wife out for her birthday for dinner. No place fancy, just out for some burgers and fries and 2 drinks for the wife...our bill was $122 for a family of 4. Ouch. Hell, last time the kids and I stopped at a 5 Guys for burgers, it was $60 for the three of us. WTF?

Wife wants a new car. There's no way right now...the car payment on just a 30k car and our grocery bill would be about 100% of our net income - and she has a great job!

Listening to the Prez and the Cackles, the Constantly High VP try to tell me they've lowered our utility bills is utter fantasy land. We're governed by unserious people with no basis in realty. Until that changes, expect the screwing to continue.

-----------------------------------

Side rant while I'm here.... UPS is now apparently handing things off to the USPS here for some reason. I know they've done this before with small stuff, but the last 2 have been large packages. Not sure why or how this new shipping paradigm works, but UPS brought my package 1/2 way across the country through 4 different terminals in less than 40 hours, ending up in their terminal in Reading PA.

Then they delivered it to the local USPS office, 9 minutes down the road. Yay, almost here, right? Nope. For some inexplicable reason , USPS shipped it back to Harrisburg which is a large central USPS hub...then back to Reading PO (where UPS delivered it from in the first place) where it now sits - I assume it'll come back to my local PO now for delivery?? USPS spent 3 days now shipping it around the state after it was literally 9 minutes away.

Thankfully, they are investing in electric trucks, so they'll save gas now for the three completely uneeded transfers.

Utter clown show.

Last edited by OSRC; 03-03-2023 at 12:06 PM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM