Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat
Loading

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #141
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 792
Default Re: Rant Thread

Why the **** can’t doctors stay on time? Any other profession that was constantly an hr behind would end up fired. Top it off with the biggest bullshit of all, trying to charge you a fee for missing an appointment. I go to the VA do that one doesn’t happen to me, but they tack on an extra half hour of waiting to compensate. Did I mention that I hate doctors and hospitals?
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #142
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 792
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
This one goes out to a shockingly high number of people with whom I'm forced to share the road on a daily basis that skipped this day during driver's ed, none of whom are likely members of this forum, but hey, it's a rant thread. Let's talk about the LEFT LANE(s).

Note that there's a right lane, first and foremost. No matter how many left lanes there may be, there's always a right lane. If you want to drive the speed limit, or less, or somewhere in between randomly with no conscious awareness of it, or daydream while trying to remember the lyrics to "The Hustle", feel free to do this in the right lane.

Some of us would like to get home/to work/to the LHS/to Wal-Mart/to the adult store sometime today, and we shouldn't have to contend with you phuckwits idling down the left lane and holding up the rest of us.

Simple concept here (and it really is simple): If you're not actively overtaking/passing another vehicle in the right lane, or don't have merging traffic immediately on your right, MOVE OVER. I don't care how fast you're going, I don't care what you're driving, I don't care how special and entitled you believe yourself to be, MOVE OVER.

This last part I'll save for the select few true dumbasses among the addressees for whom I truly hope there exists an especially egregious corner of hell. If I'm in the right lane, and you'd like to go faster than I am currently travelling, feel free to pass me in the left lane (which I will have left open for you to do so) and be on your way. Do NOT catch up to me and then proceed to slow to my speed so that you may drive right alongside of me when there is no one in front of you impeding your forward progress!! I promise I will continue to gradually drift toward you until you finally realize I will in fact introduce you to the median/shoulder/next lane over, what have you. You are, truly, the biggest phuckwits of them all! And when I watch you do this alongside a semi hauling doubles and he/she feels inclined to similarly show you the error of your ways, it can be the highlight of my day.

You have been briefed.
I definitely get road rage becautof this, and in my state there are signs just as often as speed limit signs saying “SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT”
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #143
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,935
Default Re: Rant Thread

Left lane driving should be HEAVILY punished. I mean 3-figure fines and points. It causes traffic.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #144
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Frog Lake AB, Canada
Posts: 696
Default Re: Rant Thread

You ever have one of those safety ticket instructors that fails at basic math and expect to you not to mention it to him, and when he realizes what he said, he goes on with a “someone finally caught it!” Like he’s been doing it all these years to test people...

Example: I’m sitting in a confined space course, the instructor mentions that a lot of confined space entrances for sewer work are 34” in diameter, and makes a comment to the biggest guy in the room (my best friend) “do you think you could fit in a 34” opening comfortably enough to work, or save a person, my buddy says”um, not sure”, the instructor states to my friend that he’s waist is 36” and that he has to crawl into 34” entrances regularly to which I say “No sir you a confusing diameter with circumference” the instructor give me a puzzled look so I mentioned to him that his waist may be 36” inches in circumference, but in no way is he 34” inches in diameter.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western, NC
Posts: 490
Default Re: Rant Thread

I think part of the LLH (left lane huggers) problem is that Drivers Ed is just about non existent these days. I deal with a HUGE influx of people here from May-October. The Great Smoky Mountains are the #1 tourist destination in the country now (go ahead, look it up, be as shocked as I was) and the natives feel the full brunt of that every year.

People tend to forget the left lane was originally designed for overtaking slower traffic, as well as leaving a lane open for emergency vehicles.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #146
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
instructor give me a puzzled look so I mentioned to him that his waist may be 36” inches in circumference, but in no way is he 34” inches in diameter.

IDK honestly that sounds like the average American nowadays.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #147
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Princeton, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
You ever have one of those safety ticket instructors that fails at basic math and expect to you not to mention it to him, and when he realizes what he said, he goes on with a “someone finally caught it!” Like he’s been doing it all these years to test people...

Example: I’m sitting in a confined space course, the instructor mentions that a lot of confined space entrances for sewer work are 34” in diameter, and makes a comment to the biggest guy in the room (my best friend) “do you think you could fit in a 34” opening comfortably enough to work, or save a person, my buddy says”um, not sure”, the instructor states to my friend that he’s waist is 36” and that he has to crawl into 34” entrances regularly to which I say “No sir you a confusing diameter with circumference” the instructor give me a puzzled look so I mentioned to him that his waist may be 36” inches in circumference, but in no way is he 34” inches in diameter.
Our safety instructor is a complete whack job, so in addition to having to suffer through dead boring OSHA material we have to tolerate this jackass who thinks he's the wittiest guy on Earth.

He can't do math either.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 4,482
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I think part of the LLH (left lane huggers) problem is that Drivers Ed is just about non existent these days. I deal with a HUGE influx of people here from May-October. The Great Smoky Mountains are the #1 tourist destination in the country now (go ahead, look it up, be as shocked as I was) and the natives feel the full brunt of that every year.

People tend to forget the left lane was originally designed for overtaking slower traffic, as well as leaving a lane open for emergency vehicles.
My observation is it depends on where you're from. Where I live most folks know to get out of the way once they've passed whoever is on the right and semi trucks arent filling up the slow lane so they can use them too. IMO folks from southern California are so used to the right lane being completely full of Semi trucks and the only way to go is to stay in the fast lane always all the time never moving, never, never and passing can only happen if you speed up a ton to pass on the right, that and the slow lane gets pretty chewed up by the big trucks, so for comfort Asshats indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Do NOT catch up to me and then proceed to slow to my speed so that you may drive right alongside of me when there is no one in front of you impeding your forward progress!!
You have been briefed.
I hate this too, I like to call them moving road blocks. I also run into the opposite where my cruise control will have me going a few MPH more than a car I'm passing they realize they're getting passed and speed up to exactly my speed at which point I'll floor it and pull in front of them.



I was just planning to post a thread but realized it didn't really have a point to it so I'll just vent it here.

I just picked up a new transmitter, the DX5R and as soon as I turned it on the backlight started to flicker. I was able to shake it an bang on it lightly to get it to cycle through completely on, completely off and flickering. This has nothing to do with the backlight turning off after 30 seconds or so.

Now I'm almost 99% sure I could simply open this thing up and find and fix the loose connection or wire that causing this but I really dont want to void my warranty so I'm stuck waiting for Spektrum to get back to me (they're pretty slow to respond). But I really want to open it and fix it, maybe I need someone to talk me down from the ledge.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:46 PM   #149
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Princeton, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
My observation is it depends on where you're from. Where I live most folks know to get out of the way once they've passed whoever is on the right and semi trucks arent filling up the slow lane so they can use them too. IMO folks from southern California are so used to the right lane being completely full of Semi trucks and the only way to go is to stay in the fast lane always all the time never moving, never, never and passing can only happen if you speed up a ton to pass on the right, that and the slow lane gets pretty chewed up by the big trucks, so for comfort Asshats indeed!



I hate this too, I like to call them moving road blocks. I also run into the opposite where my cruise control will have me going a few MPH more than a car I'm passing they realize they're getting passed and speed up to exactly my speed at which point I'll floor it and pull in front of them.



I was just planning to post a thread but realized it didn't really have a point to it so I'll just vent it here.

I just picked up a new transmitter, the DX5R and as soon as I turned it on the backlight started to flicker. I was able to shake it an bang on it lightly to get it to cycle through completely on, completely off and flickering. This has nothing to do with the backlight turning off after 30 seconds or so.

Now I'm almost 99% sure I could simply open this thing up and find and fix the loose connection or wire that causing this but I really dont want to void my warranty so I'm stuck waiting for Spektrum to get back to me (they're pretty slow to respond). But I really want to open it and fix it, maybe I need someone to talk me down from the ledge.
Warranty be damned...never use them anyway. Always makes me think of Chris Farley: "I can take a dump in a box and put a guarantee on it, I have spare time".

Crack that sucker open! If one of us can't deal with a cold solder joint, who can?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 4,482
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Warranty be damned...never use them anyway. Always makes me think of Chris Farley: "I can take a dump in a box and put a guarantee on it, I have spare time".

Crack that sucker open! If one of us can't deal with a cold solder joint, who can?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Damn you 2mtech! I said talk me down from the ledge not push
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #151
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Princeton, North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Damn you 2mtech! I said talk me down from the ledge not push
Oops lol

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #152
Suck it up!
 
Duuuuuuuude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: Rant Thread

To whomever strategically placed a utility blade under my tire yesterday, you, sir or madam, can eat a dick.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #153
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delta B.C.
Posts: 554
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
To whomever strategically placed a utility blade under my tire yesterday, you, sir or madam, can eat a dick.
Well that sucks..home or work?
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #154
Suck it up!
 
Duuuuuuuude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
Well that sucks..home or work?
Work. The guy parked next to me got one too. Neither of us made it very far.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #155
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delta B.C.
Posts: 554
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Work. The guy parked next to me got one too. Neither of us made it very far.
The world is full of assholes, hopefully it's a one off dumb prank(not that its funny)
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #156
Suck it up!
 
Duuuuuuuude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
The world is full of assholes, hopefully it's a one off dumb prank(not that its funny)
Probably so.

I learned that my truck has tire pressure monitors though, so it wasn't all bad...

I also learned that Stanley makes one hell of a utility blade.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 AM   #157
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 148
Default Re: Rant Thread

I let my 16 year old step daughter get a PS4 yesterday. She is working and it is her money. Anyway... When the hell did consoles become such a pain in the ass to setup?! (Hikes pants up to rib cage) In my day, we plugged the damn thing into the TV and were gaming in 5 minutes.

I will say, from what I saw in the setup options, Sony has some pretty good "limiting" functions on the parental side. So, if a parent is bitching about their kid playing too much or seeing questionable things, try using the content and playtime controls you probably breezed over in the setup.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #158
Yashua
 
CREEPERBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Learn the parable of the fig tree
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Rant Thread

Oklahoma passed medical marijuana, but says you can't smoke- vape it .
Damn Okies.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #159
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 148
Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
Oklahoma passed medical marijuana, but says you can't smoke- vape it .
Damn Okies.
They legalized recreational over the border from us in MA, but they still need to get it together as far as permitting goes, so it is still about 6 months out before there are any rec dispensaries. Supposedly medial dispensaries will be allowed to sell rec as well, so medical dispensaries might be able sell to the rec crowd a little earlier.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #160
Yashua
 
CREEPERBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Learn the parable of the fig tree
Posts: 3,661
Default Re: Rant Thread

I Do have to give OK props though, it passed end of June and licences will be available mid Aug.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com