Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #881
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rant Thread

I'm tired and stressed out these days. Working 80 hours a week. Lots of medical debt from the family. We have a special needs kid we deal with. Havent had a good vacation for years. Dont get really any time for myself or my hobbies. Sick of dealing with the stupids from one job. They ask you all sorts of questions looking for answers just to turn around and do what they saw a guy on youtube do just to get screws in the end alot of times. I'm sick of people and their stupid driving. Cutting you off so they can make a turn from the wrong lane. People that think they own the lanes. People that pull trailers in the hov lane and fast lanes only to go the speed limit or slower. Sick of covid19 and not being able to enjoy a good sit down restaurant somewhere. Just hoping everything goes back to normal, yeah right lol. We did have a vacation booked for the Bahamas for xmas but thanks to covid19 that's shut down.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2020, 05:17 AM   #882

Good rant Levi, that pretty much covers it all. oof.
oldmancrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:03 AM   #883
Rock Crawler

Hang in there, we are all feeling it, in one way, or another.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:22 AM   #884
I wanna be Dave

Yup, between the virus, politics, riots, family, school, and whatever 2020 has decided to sh!t on you with, we are all dealing with a good deal of weirdness; so you are in good company here. I don't know about you guys, but I feel like that scene from Tommy Boy where he is rolling down the hill, just when you think you are steady on your feet, something else happens.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:09 PM   #885
RCC Addict

Really usps?

I had 4 boxes all shipped by super g drift in California.

2 boxes were shipped Wednesday and were due here on Saturday. 1 of the boxes arrived in scranton pa yesterday morning. It left soon after and has yet to make the hour drive to the local post office. The other box arrived at the local post office this morning. But if both boxes were shipped priority from at the same time, I would think the tracking should be identical???

The other box was shipped Friday (2 days later) and the other was shipped Sunday yet both are already here. Now I can’t do anything with those 2 boxes until the original 2 get here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #886
I wanna be Dave

I've used USPS in the past with 0 problems to ship overseas. They tell me it'll get to the recipient in 10 days, it gets there in that time, including time spent in customs. I sent a box out 7/31, right in the middle of all the controversy with the new Postmaster, and it took until 8/28 for my friend to receive it. It spent almost 3 weeks in Chicago, bouncing around different handling facilities. I was pissed!!. Never again. I used UPS once before, and it was expensive, but it got there in a week.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:36 AM   #887
I wanna be Dave

My damn soldering iron broke, have to wait two weeks on the parts to fix it... I have projects coming a screaming halt.... Grrrrr…...
Old 09-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #888
Quarry Creeper

UPS lost my suppressor back in July. Got the insurance check yesterday, time to start over.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #889
Gold Star Baby!

Just going to leave this tracking history here. It is for the last package I need to get the next build going, originally scheduled to be here the 8th. Sadly I still don’t have it. Darn FedEx. Keep in mind the city it originated in is a 9 hour drive from here.

Quote:
Friday , 10/16/2020
10:37 pm
DEMING, NM
In transit
10:26 am
FABENS, TX
In transit
Thursday , 10/15/2020
10:23 pm
WEATHERFORD, TX
In transit
8:29 am
ELLENWOOD, GA
Departed FedEx location
Wednesday , 10/14/2020
12:54 pm
ELLENWOOD, GA
Arrived at FedEx location
Saturday , 10/10/2020
10:18 am
CHICAGO, IL
In transit
Friday , 10/09/2020
11:09 am
VINITA, OK
In transit
Thursday , 10/08/2020
10:01 pm
CASA BLANCA, NM
In transit
8:55 am
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Departed FedEx location
12:33 am
BLOOMINGTON, CA
Wednesday , 10/07/2020
9:45 pm
RIALTO, CA
In transit
9:13 am
SACRAMENTO, CA
Departed FedEx location
1:07 am
SACRAMENTO, CA
Tuesday , 10/06/2020
10:12 pm
DURHAM, CA
Left FedEx origin facility
8:14 pm
DURHAM, CA
7:26 pm
DURHAM, CA
Picked up
Monday , 10/05/2020
6:49 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:27 AM   #890
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Just going to leave this tracking history here. It is for the last package I need to get the next build going, originally scheduled to be here the 8th. Sadly I still don’t have it. Darn FedEx. Keep in mind the city it originated in is a 9 hour drive from here.
Looks like it's making an east coast tour before they decide to send it your way!

I cringe every time I see a package being sent to me from FedEx! I never know what day or time it will reach my doorstep!

I've always had better luck with UPS and with their App, I get better detailed tracking info and have the ability to have it sent to my local UPS Store while it's in route! Plus my regular driver is always spot on his time when he comes to my house! I know exactly within a half hour or less window when he will arrive!

Hopefully you see the package soon!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:14 AM   #891
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I think I have shared this before, but I'll do it again...

I bought some Lego bricks off of Bricklink and the seller was 35 minutes south of me. I messaged the seller and asked if I could just stop by, pay for the order, receive it right there, and would likely spend a lot more just browsing through their inventory. This would also save them time and put a bit more of the cash in their pocket... Nope... They said they prefer to just send it through the mail... Three weeks later I received the order. It literally went coast to coast twice, got tossed around various hubs in California and Nevada for a week, then ping-ponged between Spokane and Seattle three times before it was properly routed to my local post office.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #892
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Looks like it's making an east coast tour before they decide to send it your way!

I cringe every time I see a package being sent to me from FedEx! I never know what day or time it will reach my doorstep!

I've always had better luck with UPS and with their App, I get better detailed tracking info and have the ability to have it sent to my local UPS Store while it's in route! Plus my regular driver is always spot on his time when he comes to my house! I know exactly within a half hour or less window when he will arrive!

Hopefully you see the package soon!
Definitely concur. Similar experiences and feelings about fedex. Not sure why I selected that option for this one I usually do Usps.

Package is still hanging out in NM finishing up its SW leg of the tour, hopefully I get it in the next couple days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I think I have shared this before, but I'll do it again...

I bought some Lego bricks off of Bricklink and the seller was 35 minutes south of me. I messaged the seller and asked if I could just stop by, pay for the order, receive it right there, and would likely spend a lot more just browsing through their inventory. This would also save them time and put a bit more of the cash in their pocket... Nope... They said they prefer to just send it through the mail... Three weeks later I received the order. It literally went coast to coast twice, got tossed around various hubs in California and Nevada for a week, then ping-ponged between Spokane and Seattle three times before it was properly routed to my local post office.
For some reason this reminded me of the scene in 40 yr old virgin where Jonah Hill tries to buy them goldfish shoes from the eBay store. “I’m just trying to get these shoes back to my house so I can, wear them.”
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:06 AM   #893
Rock Crawler

Guys I worked in restaurants cooking and management from the 90s to early 2000s and I’ll tell you what any corporate job will turn you into a robot slave and will have every negative connotation and possibility happen that is why I stopped working for corporations along time ago I work for myself now that being said I understand that even small businesses now have that corporate cloud of bullshit looming over everybody I personally was always a person that when I got told something that wasn’t right I just immediately said it Regardless of having put my job in jeopardy I did not get fired from any but one job but it did not fare well with other people my supposed attitude so I get it unfortunately it’s like honeybees I’m a beekeeper I keep bees if the queen is not doing something right the hive is going to suffer if the hive is suffering because the queen is not doing something so kill your queen as they say in beekeeping
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #894
RCC Addict

Almost 4 years ago I had some teeth issues. Went in to have it evaluated and received a $9,000 estimate. Not worried about looks and more just being functional we were able to get the cost down to $1,500 or so. Had issues from the start like them grinding off my teeth in the middle of winter leaving me in excruciating pain to the lady doing some of the root canals breaking the tool off and leaving it inside the tooth.
Fast forward, before I had the work done I never had any pain and after I would experience pain from time to time. That was until this last Sunday when it got extreme and wouldn’t go away. Worked through the pain and lack of sleep Monday then couldn’t take it anymore and went to the dentist yesterday. Turns out I had an infection in the root of one of the teeth I had crowned that still had its root. The drilled the tooth to drain the infection and left in as much pain as I went in with and received no pain killers but was told it’s normal. Also because of the shotty initial repair that didn’t leave much of the original tooth they’re unsure if they can save it. They wanted to pull it yesterday but I opted to try and save it because an implant is $5,000 and my insurance doesn’t cover any of that. Missed 2 days of work tons of sleep and haven’t felt pain like this before in my almost 31 years of existence. Rant over

Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #895
RCC Addict

Yeah in terms of pain it's just insane what an infected root feels like, like taking pliers and pulling it out feels like a better alternative than dealing with it at the time. Then afterwards you get a headache from trying to deal with dental insurance.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #896
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Yeah in terms of pain it's just insane what an infected root feels like, like taking pliers and pulling it out feels like a better alternative than dealing with it at the time. Then afterwards you get a headache from trying to deal with dental insurance.

Being a mechanic, the pliers thing crossed my mind. As for the insurance.. they told me it doesn’t cover the $5,000 implant and that trying to save it is a risk.

Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #897
I wanna be Dave

Direct TV....
Seriously, WTF?!?
I have to watch a movie for my college class, I rented it (download), and the figging thing is in French...? REALLY? The description is in English. Their phone system is terrible, who ever put that mess together needs to be kicked in the balls for a week. After 20 minutes I actually got in touch with a person, she could see that I rented the movie, she could see that the French version was downloaded, but without 15 different authentication pass codes, couldn't do anything about it.
My wife set everything up, is not here, so I do not know those pass codes... Given that technical support can see everything I a saying is true, they should not need all of that crap to correct an obvious problem.
#directtvsucks
#directtvpullyourheadsoutofyourassyoumorons
Old 10-28-2020, 05:11 PM   #898
I wanna be Dave

"What's the BEST motor/tire/shock/kit/RTR/ESC/servo/brand/chassis/radio/whatever?"

Good Lord I hate that question. Vague and broad... Best what? Price? Performance? Color? Fitment? Smell?
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #899
RCC Addict

Biden’s proposed gun control

The thought of having to put out even more money for each gun, plus more money for each magazine I have, plus pay to have my name and address engraved to each gun as well as have my name on public record as a gun owner is just ridiculous! I already don’t mention that I’m a gun owner to strangers just because I don’t want to deal with it.

Just reading it and hearing about it pisses me off. As a legal gun owner with several guns that I have had a background check for, have a valid carry permit, and have all of the guns stored in a locked gun safe most of the time, it makes me want to ignore the media even more!

I mean come on media! You are supposed to be unbiased, then why does it sound completely left wing democratic? I mean they seem to think that you can have a mental illness and order a gun online with no background check and have it shipped to your house....... yet that is a felony! They also seem to think that you can go to any gun store and ask the person behind the counter which gun is best for a mass shooting..... if you did that the worker would be most likely calling the police.... yet the media seems to think that the store worker would give them a riffle with no background check....

I am a us citizen that was born in this country, to a family that has been in this country for generations, I do not have mental health issues nor have I ever been charged with any crime.

I also am smart enough to realize that guns do not kill people. Yes guns have been used as an instrument to kill people, but they were just that, an instrument! Personally I would like to find a big enough building to fit all of the people that think guns kill people inside of it. Then in the center of it, have loaded machine guns and other guns pointed at people, but make it so that people can not physically get to the guns themselves, and make them see what happens.

Yes I realize a lot of the media crap started when trump was just a potential candidate, but I don’t see that he’s done really anything wrong. I mean he is the same person now that he has always been, an a$hole business man that did what he had to do to beat the polished career sales person....... wait no I mean politician but what’s the difference? Anyways the media has acted like Trump was going to run the country into the ground yet look at what he did? Pre covid, he had the lowest unemployment in decades! I mean come on media? Focus on that and not on what some democrat did that means absolutely nothing. I’ve heard how a lot of people are mad that Trump didn’t shut down the country sooner, but why would he, he was screwed either way! If he shut it down when people wanted him to, people would still be pissed. Personally I think he handled it just fine. For me, covid was just something I heard about on the news about other countries getting it, back then it wasn’t here, I had no other plans of going to another country so why did I care?

c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:40 AM   #900
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Biden’s proposed gun control

The thought of having to put out even more money for each gun, plus more money for each magazine I have, plus pay to have my name and address engraved to each gun as well as have my name on public record as a gun owner is just ridiculous! I already don’t mention that I’m a gun owner to strangers just because I don’t want to deal with it.

Just reading it and hearing about it pisses me off. As a legal gun owner with several guns that I have had a background check for, have a valid carry permit, and have all of the guns stored in a locked gun safe most of the time, it makes me want to ignore the media even more!

I mean come on media! You are supposed to be unbiased, then why does it sound completely left wing democratic? I mean they seem to think that you can have a mental illness and order a gun online with no background check and have it shipped to your house....... yet that is a felony! They also seem to think that you can go to any gun store and ask the person behind the counter which gun is best for a mass shooting..... if you did that the worker would be most likely calling the police.... yet the media seems to think that the store worker would give them a riffle with no background check....

I am a us citizen that was born in this country, to a family that has been in this country for generations, I do not have mental health issues nor have I ever been charged with any crime.

I also am smart enough to realize that guns do not kill people. Yes guns have been used as an instrument to kill people, but they were just that, an instrument! Personally I would like to find a big enough building to fit all of the people that think guns kill people inside of it. Then in the center of it, have loaded machine guns and other guns pointed at people, but make it so that people can not physically get to the guns themselves, and make them see what happens.

Yes I realize a lot of the media crap started when trump was just a potential candidate, but I don’t see that he’s done really anything wrong. I mean he is the same person now that he has always been, an a$hole business man that did what he had to do to beat the polished career sales person....... wait no I mean politician but what’s the difference? Anyways the media has acted like Trump was going to run the country into the ground yet look at what he did? Pre covid, he had the lowest unemployment in decades! I mean come on media? Focus on that and not on what some democrat did that means absolutely nothing. I’ve heard how a lot of people are mad that Trump didn’t shut down the country sooner, but why would he, he was screwed either way! If he shut it down when people wanted him to, people would still be pissed. Personally I think he handled it just fine. For me, covid was just something I heard about on the news about other countries getting it, back then it wasn’t here, I had no other plans of going to another country so why did I care?

I like you... lol

austin-92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM