Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA

Anyone seen these? RCSA

Just saw this today, only exists on FB but here is a PDF link from FB. I haven't read through them just yet.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/RAD...EnRxFvbfPUg4TX
Attached Images

Last edited by Szczerba; 02-26-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA

I don't do the feces book, but I'd be interested in seeing what is being proposed/organized. I miss having "fun" with a group of like-minded enthusiasts.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Is this a new organization? They don't have much on their f***book page.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I don't do the feces book, but I'd be interested in seeing what is being proposed/organized. I miss having "fun" with a group of like-minded enthusiasts.

Yah, only place I have seen it, as the posts just started showing up in my feed. I hope it doesn’t further split the community but who knows. Link I post not work if you aren’t a FB member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Is this a new organization? They don't have much on their f***book page.
Not sure, maybe. It does have “association” in it’s name, so they could be good enough? Haha. Just a pdf link, a bunch of guys posting their truck pictures and a bunch of back and forth between these rules and SORCCA rules.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Simplified rules are where its at. Sorcca has fully jumped the shark with their rules. It seems like the overlords impose what they want for the classes and the other members be damned. Well now apparently those that have been annoyed decided to get off the porch and tell sorcca to fawk off and start their own thing.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:04 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Definitely a step in the right direction. I'd love to put my hard body Unimog into a class 0 or 1 event but due to the 4.75" tires that not possible. Heck when I inquired about 0 class rules on Facebook I got about laughed off the post till I explained that depending on the model of Unimog they came off the assembly line with 47" and bigger tires. In my case the tire size advantage is negated due to the pretty high COG but I do understand why the size rule is in place. If I was desperate enough I would change my rig to match but again I'm more about modeling/scale than the competition.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Well, that was short. Looks like that page is shutting down. The gift and the curse of social media.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Well, that was short. Looks like that page is shutting down. The gift and the curse of social media.
That was short. Was there any explanation why?

Rules are needed for competitions. Complicated rules ruin fun. I think that's why a lot of competitions don't follow somebody else's rules.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That was short. Was there any explanation why?

Rules are needed for competitions. Complicated rules ruin fun. I think that's why a lot of competitions don't follow somebody else's rules.

Copy past from Dan Davidson

"Guys and Gals, please read and understand what I am about to say.

Anyone that knows me personally will tell you that I personally pour my heart and soul into this hobby of Tiny Trucking. I absolutely love attending all differnet types of events and enjoy not only participating in said events, but also hanging out and spending time with everyone that enjoys this wonderful hobby as much as I. Now, I am not standing on a soap box nor patting myself on the back, simply ask anyone that has personally met me. "Why would he be posting this on this page" you ask? RCSA was conceived not by myself but rather with the help of three other people that enjoy this hobby as much as I do. Those three other people are Mike Kirby, John Robert Holmes, and Jay Kendall. We, as group, decided to create RCSA as a means to help the hobby grow and to help share the fun. This group has 1.7k followers and is less than 48 hours old. That is simply amazing!

There has been an absolute ton of positive feedback thus far and we thank you for that. Unfortunately, out of the 99 positive things, there has been 1 negative. This hobby does not have room for, nor need, 1% of negativity. Let me ask you something. How can you invite someone to spend hundreds of hard earned dollars and join a hobby that you love, only for them to see and/or experience this 1% of negativity? It makes it a very hard thing to do.

With this being said, we as a committee, have decided to expunge any and all references to the Radio Control Scale Association, including this page. We will be deleting the page within the next 24 hours.

As a closing statement, we ask you to please continue to push the hobby of Tiny Trucking in a positive fashion. Please share the fun. If you are out trailing or even just hanging out at an event, please hand your radio to a kid and let them experience the hobby that you love.

Thank you everyone!"
Old 02-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

^^That's a really great statement on the subject.

Endless lists of rules are why I gave up all forms of organized RC stuff. It usually starts out OK, just some basic ground rules, but before it's over it inevitably takes me longer to read and check rule compliance than it does to prep the rig I'll be running. At that point, I'm out. I just want to play with my toys with my friends, and relax. RC is dead around these parts, has been for quite a while. And not having anyone to run with is part of the reason I've just not cared about RC in a couple years. I also heard about an incident around here (about an hour away) that the USFS will harass you, and possibly confiscate your toys and give you a hefty fine (they're fist class grade A aholes here) for running a motorized vehicle on USFS land, which is basically 99% of the publicly accessible land in this area.

Last edited by hpiguy; 02-27-2018 at 11:41 AM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
^^That's a really great statement on the subject.

Endless lists of rules are why I gave up all forms of organized RC stuff. It usually starts out OK, just some basic ground rules, but before it's over it inevitably takes me longer to read and check rule compliance than it does to prep the rig I'll be running. At that point, I'm out. I just want to play with my toys with my friends, and relax. RC is dead around these parts, has been for quite a while. And not having anyone to run with is part of the reason I've just not cared about RC in a couple years.
That is why I was kinda nervous to see another set of rules from this RCSA group. I assumed it would divide the hobby further and a SORCCA vs RCSA type thing. Maybe it wouldn't have.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Copy past from Dan Davidson

"Guys and Gals, please read and understand what I am about to say.

Anyone that knows me personally will tell you that I personally pour my heart and soul into this hobby of Tiny Trucking. I absolutely love attending all differnet types of events and enjoy not only participating in said events, but also hanging out and spending time with everyone that enjoys this wonderful hobby as much as I. Now, I am not standing on a soap box nor patting myself on the back, simply ask anyone that has personally met me. "Why would he be posting this on this page" you ask? RCSA was conceived not by myself but rather with the help of three other people that enjoy this hobby as much as I do. Those three other people are Mike Kirby, John Robert Holmes, and Jay Kendall. We, as group, decided to create RCSA as a means to help the hobby grow and to help share the fun. This group has 1.7k followers and is less than 48 hours old. That is simply amazing!

There has been an absolute ton of positive feedback thus far and we thank you for that. Unfortunately, out of the 99 positive things, there has been 1 negative. This hobby does not have room for, nor need, 1% of negativity. Let me ask you something. How can you invite someone to spend hundreds of hard earned dollars and join a hobby that you love, only for them to see and/or experience this 1% of negativity? It makes it a very hard thing to do.

With this being said, we as a committee, have decided to expunge any and all references to the Radio Control Scale Association, including this page. We will be deleting the page within the next 24 hours.

As a closing statement, we ask you to please continue to push the hobby of Tiny Trucking in a positive fashion. Please share the fun. If you are out trailing or even just hanging out at an event, please hand your radio to a kid and let them experience the hobby that you love.

Thank you everyone!"
That's so odd and ambiguous. In life you have to deal with way more than 1% negativity. I just don't see how 1% negativity would ruing anything.

It's a shame. That's a great group of guys that was involved!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

That's so weird... I mean did they not expect a little bit of push back? SORRCA is heavily criticized for damn near everything, and their rules were 80-90% copied and pasted from the SORRCA rules. Was this just a half -hearted attempt or what?
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:44 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That is why I was kinda nervous to see another set of rules from this RCSA group. I assumed it would divide the hobby further and a SORCCA vs RCSA type thing. Maybe it wouldn't have.
Yes, that's a really good point as well.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

So, is this an "Association", as in a number of people setting this up; or, is this just one guy hoping his idea will grow?

There are always people dissatisfied with the rule book and want it bent to their will, if it were up to me I'd remove the scale points from everything but C1. But, if I were REALLY that passionate about changing the rules I would find out how to get on the rules committee and rework the rules from the inside out. This new association sounds too much like the XFL. The long and short of it, I want consistant rules to put everyone on the same page for competing.

JMHO...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #16
RCC Addict

All this over having to paint their brass monkeys?
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
All this over having to paint their brass monkeys?
I was thinking the same. But that's the dumbest rule I've ever seen and well worth starting another rules committee if only for that reason alone.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #18
RCC Addict

The fact that the SORCCA page also ended like a dumpster fire doesn't surprise me that this page suffered a similar fate. Online rules debates are basically pointless assuming both parties aren't rational, which is the default position. I think one of the last arguments on the SORCCA page was about clear lexan wheels with aluminum standoffs that some guy thought would fly in class 2.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:26 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yah, only place I have seen it, as the posts just started showing up in my feed. I hope it doesn’t further split the community but who knows. Link I post not work if you aren’t a FB member?
I guess it doesn't matter now, but no- when I clicked the link it wanted me to sign in or open a feces book acc't. I appreciate that you took the time to announce this and posting the link. It seemed a bit odd about their quick reply to shut their organization down so quickly. Did the flex friday crowd get upset again because they realized that their rigs aren't "scale", lol
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:14 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Did the flex friday crowd get upset again because they realized that their rigs aren't "scale", lol
"Scale" in our hobby is like sex in North Idaho, its all relative...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
even gayer than sorcca

New Scale Rules Set : Radio Control Scale Association RCSA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Control Crawling Association Vehicle Definitions and Judging JohnRobHolmes WRCCA Rules 45 06-09-2018 12:02 AM
Scale 4x4 R/C Official Club Association speedemall Maryland 2 03-03-2009 02:26 PM
Arizona Radio Control Rock Crawler Association Crawlerdude75 Chit Chat 48 07-08-2007 12:07 AM
NARRCA (northern arizona radio control crawlers association rockwerks Chit Chat 2 08-08-2006 08:08 AM