Old 04-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Has anyone seen this ?

Traxxas new body ! LOL
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's got some consistent styling cues with the F-150 in regards to the light housings. Could still use a little cleaning up, but it'd be cool to see Broncos back out on the streets.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

There was once a time when the Ford Bronco was just about the sexiest off-road vehicle out there... That time has long passed.

Cool color though!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:45 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Looks like a Toyota FJ and a Land Rover Discovery had angry ugly sex...

But... The more I look at it, the more it is growing on me, even the ugly girls need love.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:55 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

They've been teasing concepts for years now, never any plans to put any of them into the production lineup though.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Traxxas new body ! LOL
I was kind of thinking the same thing for the trx4, lol. I heard ford was going to redo the bronco. I like it without the top, go topless and it would be a good looking body for a rc truck.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I like it. However, if it ever comes to fruition, Ford's marketing team will crank up the hype machine so they can justify a price likely north of $50k.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #9
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i remember that april fools by motor trend i think it was.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
I like it. However, if it ever comes to fruition, Ford's marketing team will crank up the hype machine so they can justify a price likely north of $50k.
Which would be right in line with it's competition. It's not just Ford, it's all the manufacturers doing it. Reason being, people will still pay it, and as long as there's demand the prices will just keep going up. I hear people complain all the time about the cost of a new vehicle, yet they keep buying them, which keeps driving up demand. Explain to me how a Jeep Wrangler is worth $45k on any ****in planet?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I've heard about the new 2020 Bronco, but that one looks more like a concept vehicle than a pre-production test mule. If that external exo-bar makes it into production, I'd imangine that the removable hard top would have to be a multiple piece roof to slip past the tubing.

This looks to be 4 wheel independent suspension. Good on Ford if they can make it reliable/rigged enough for serious off road use.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Which would be right in line with it's competition. It's not just Ford, it's all the manufacturers doing it. Reason being, people will still pay it, and as long as there's demand the prices will just keep going up. I hear people complain all the time about the cost of a new vehicle, yet they keep buying them, which keeps driving up demand. Explain to me how a Jeep Wrangler is worth $45k on any ****in planet?
I don't know who is buying these things. It certainly isn't me or any of my friends.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I don't know who is buying these things. It certainly isn't me or any of my friends.
It isn't me either. Although I do know people that buy them, and then bitch about what it cost. Well, perhaps if you and everyone else that bitches about the price stopped buying them, they'd lower the price since they aren't selling. But people are too ingrained into the instant gratification these days to do that. They have zero patience.

I did buy a new car at the end of 2016 due to the fact I'm on the road a lot for work, and my company pays me well for my use of it. It's the second new car I've ever owned at 43 years old, first one was at 19. I generally buy a year or two old, and let someone else take the depreciation hit. But with the car I wanted, there was very little price difference between two years old and 40,000 miles or brand new with a full warranty and I would be the original owner and no how it's been treated it's whole life. I also bought something very practical (still hard as a guy, even in my 40's ) that gets outstanding MPG for what it is. I also bought at the end of the year, when they're wanting to make deals so they don't have to pay the taxes on them come January 1st, and got 1.9%APR.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
It isn't me either. Although I do know people that buy them, and then bitch about what it cost. Well, perhaps if you and everyone else that bitches about the price stopped buying them, they'd lower the price since they aren't selling. But people are too ingrained into the instant gratification these days to do that. They have zero patience.

I did buy a new car at the end of 2016 due to the fact I'm on the road a lot for work, and my company pays me well for my use of it. It's the second new car I've ever owned at 43 years old, first one was at 19. I generally buy a year or two old, and let someone else take the depreciation hit. But with the car I wanted, there was very little price difference between two years old and 40,000 miles or brand new with a full warranty and I would be the original owner and no how it's been treated it's whole life. I also bought something very practical (still hard as a guy, even in my 40's ) that gets outstanding MPG for what it is. I also bought at the end of the year, when they're wanting to make deals so they don't have to pay the taxes on them come January 1st, and got 1.9%APR.
I hear you. My daily driver is a 2010 Nissan Versa. It has 90K on the clock and, since I got lucky enough to get a job in town, I probably put about 10 miles per week on it. The wife got the fancy new car, but it is a lease. Even so, the Mazda CX-5 is a pretty good bang for the buck. I believe the sticker was $28k-ish decently equipped.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:12 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

That was actually the other car I was looking at. But the model I wanted was around 33k, so the Subaru Crosstrek won based on cost alone.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:25 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's pretty ridiculous. I like the Wranglers, and always wanted to own one since high school. Realistically, I'll probably never get around to it though. Getting a truck will be first on my bucket list, but those are way overpriced too.

Trucks and Jeeps are going for ridiculous amounts nowadays.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

And we can all thank the soccer moms that "feel safer" sitting way up high for that bullshit. I can vividly remember when that craze started in the late 80's and early 90's. Even though probably more than half the vehicles they were buying got worse crash test reviews than the car they traded in to buy whatever they ended up with. LOL It's probably one of the strangest fads I've seen in my lifetime; people who own trucks, Jeeps, and lifted 4x4 rigs that are never used for what they were designed to do, EVER.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It's pretty ridiculous. I like the Wranglers, and always wanted to own one since high school. Realistically, I'll probably never get around to it though. Getting a truck will be first on my bucket list, but those are way overpriced too.

Trucks and Jeeps are going for ridiculous amounts nowadays.
I agree 100%. They are no longer the vehicle of the "common man". They have become an odd luxury item.

If my credit were a tick better, I could actually get into one of those ultra-low mileage leases they offer on trucks these days with my 2 mile a day commute.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

As far as I can tell the last tease of the "new" bronco was just its silhouette, but before that there were many renderings and different takes on the concept.

story and pics on Jalopnik https://jalopnik.com/this-teaser-mea...e-b-1823813175
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

X2

Quote:
That was actually the other car I was looking at. But the model I wanted was around 33k, so the Subaru Crosstrek won based on cost alone.

Quote:
I agree 100%. They are no longer the vehicle of the "common man". They have become an odd luxury item.

If my credit were a tick better, I could actually get into one of those ultra-low mileage leases they offer on trucks these days with my 2 mile a day commute.
Yes, new trucks are over-priced, too many gadgets and still get terrible mileage, my 30 year old Ford 4x4 pickup got similar mileage.

Never, ever lease a vehicle, it's far more costly for the consumer, but dealers love the tons of money the earn from leases.

Be nice if Ford actually one day produced a good Bronco again, years of teasing concept after concept.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote