Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: NEW BattleBots on Discovery Channel Friday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2018, 08:30 AM   #41
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: NEW BattleBots on Discovery Channel Friday

seems like this year/season, the bots are there own worst enemies. ie who evers own bot doesnt have a failure typically wins.
in the past seems like the bots were better sorted and you had to get destroyed by the other bot to lose.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 10:24 PM   #42
DVS
Pebble Pounder

That last battle, ICEWAVE vs SKORPIOS. was tough to call.
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:07 AM   #43
RCC Addict

I think that Icewave was robbed lol.. but yea, tough call. Loved watching HUGE tonight. Chomp actually put up a decent fight this time but she still needs head back to the drawing board imo. Also one hell of a comeback for Petunia!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:02 AM   #44
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I think that Icewave was robbed lol..
I agree. If I were a judge, I would have given it to ICEWAVE.

Quote:
Loved watching HUGE tonight. Chomp actually put up a decent fight this time but she still needs head back to the drawing board imo. Also one hell of a comeback for Petunia!
HUGE has become one of my favorites. Chomp got tore up !!! So did SKORPIOS, That's why I think that ICEWAVE should have won.

Last edited by DVS; 07-07-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #45
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Friday night fight night.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Desperado Tournament... I can't wait! My wife won't be home in time for us to watch at 7pm but we'll plan to catch it at midnight.

Concerning that last episode, I really like Icewave and although he was able to disable Scorpio's primary, it was apparent that the judges were looking at who dominated the round. I have to admit that that Scorpio definitely dominated in that regard... albeit loosing parts everywhere lol. But yea... Scorpio wound up much more damaged when all was said and done.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:03 PM   #47
DVS
Pebble Pounder

That was a fun championship match.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:18 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Really was hoping to see Minotaur or Whiplash take it but Bite Force definitely deserved it. Still no idea what the Tombstone vs Tantrum match was all about lol. Really enjoyed this season and 2019 can't start soon enough!
Old 10-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Really was hoping to see Minotaur or Whiplash take it but Bite Force definitely deserved it. Still no idea what the Tombstone vs Tantrum match was all about lol. Really enjoyed this season and 2019 can't start soon enough!
Yup, was wanting Minotaur to take it, but it was a good match. My money was on Tombstone, but it was nice to see an upset like that. That bonus Tombstone/Tantrum match was a little funny, but it was cool to see that fist get impaled into that column.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 11:32 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Yup, was wanting Minotaur to take it, but it was a good match. My money was on Tombstone, but it was nice to see an upset like that. That bonus Tombstone/Tantrum match was a little funny, but it was cool to see that fist get impaled into that column.

That was crazy! What a trophy for Ray Billings to take home! I was glad to see the upset as well but being defeated by a 16th seed Bombshell had to have stung. When I saw that chain on the floor, I jumped off the sofa and cheered lol. And then watching Tombstone high-center on his own chain... Talk about adding insult to injury! Although I never cared much for Bombshell, it was great to see the playing field leveled.

Early in the season, I was cheering for my favorite bots in terms of the bot itself... how cool looking, how strong, etc. But later in the season I became more a fan of the actual people behind the bots ( as well as becoming more and more impressed with the skills of the drivers). That was why I really wanted Minotaur or Whiplash to take the Nut. Minotaur's builder Meggiolaro is so passionate and just seems like such a great guy. I really hated seeing Minotaur getting counted out and watching the life drain from Marco Antonio's face.

With Whiplash, I love that it's a family affair and that those "kids" are just so appreciative to be where they are in the sport and seemingly in life. The Vasquez family is simply a class act all the way and I honestly believe that Matthew is one of the best drivers out there... despite his age. The way that he went up against Bronco was pure genius/ pure skill. What stuck out to me the most with this team throughout the entire tournament was how obviously happy and excited they were to simply be there... win or loose.

As for Bite Force... Just "Wow!" That's one absolutely bad-ass bot and by the time that Tombstone and Bronco were out, I kept feeling like they might very well take it all. Congratulations to them.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:36 PM   #51
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Anyone watching BattleBots this season ?
Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #52
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yup. bunch of new bots
first 2 episodes were 2 hours long. lots of filler.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #53
RCC Addict

I'm watching! Yep... lots of filler early on.

Nice to see a good mix of vets and new hopefuls. China's Rail-gun Max looks like it could be a nasty opponent against some other more established bots.. Cobalt appears to be pretty vicious too. Bite Force is looking good but no doubt it's gonna be tough to take home another nut this year. Not impressed with Team Whyachi's new Falcon but their new Hydra looks to be able to cause some mayhem if they can improve or fix the maneuverability issues. Not convinced that hydraulic is any better than pneumatic but I'll be curious to see how it does. The new Huge I think is at a huge disadvantage with these new wheels. Not having that flexibility is hurting them already. Also looks like Minotaur needs to be able to get that drum up to speed quicker or it's gonna be losing some fights. Witch Doctor is looking impressive this year with some seemingly well throughout and well executed changes so should be interesting to watch. Loving the new season so far.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:05 AM   #54
RCC Addict

So anyone watching BB this season? Aside from the extra almost hours worth of commercials this year, I think it's been a great season so far. I feel like some of these newer faster and more destructive bots have old timers like Ray Billings a bit on edge. One hell of an emotional win for Minotaur last week but I'm really glad to see them getting it done... been a while. Was nice to watch HUGE chalk up a win this week as well. They really need to win badly with a bad start to the season and a less than stellar performance last season.

Anyway... I won't go on too much but just curious who else is enjoying BB this year.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:19 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

High Plains Drifter, that was one of my absolute favorite shows years ago. I hardly watch any tv and when I do it’s usually investigative/crime shows (First 48, Forensic Files, etc). I totally missed Battle Bots being on again but certainly will start watching it again. Thanks bro!
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:14 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Absolutely! Battlebots is my wife and my only "must watch" tv show these days and if for any reason we miss it ( airs Thurs @ 7pm cst on Discovery channel) then we catch it on demand asap.These bots have really come a long way since we started watching some years ago. The technology and driving is just amazing... such carnage lol!
Old 02-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I just started... went back and watched the past few seasons over the summer and am tuning in to this season. Awesome stuff, not sure where this show has been all my life.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:55 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Hey... cool! And I need to watch it with the spoilers. I don't want to ruin it for anyone that might just now be catching up. This is just such an excellent sport ( if you can call it a sport I dunno). But the teams, the drivers, the passion, and the creativity combined with technology... just a lot of fun.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Man I got bummed. Checked the channel and, nothing. Thanks for posting that it’s on on Thursdays. I’m going to do my best to remember, but my damaged brain will likely forget as soon as I hit the button to post this. Lol
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:08 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

I really wish they'd cut 90% of the between round fluff. I try to watch it after I record it to skip through the BS and just watch the matches but hate it when I watch it as it's aired.
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote

NEW BattleBots on Discovery Channel Friday - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diesel Brothers on Discovery Channel STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 30 01-20-2016 09:11 PM
Discovery Channel- Fast and Loud BigSki Chit Chat 92 09-23-2014 11:16 AM
battlebots demonoid369 Chit Chat 10 09-03-2012 09:39 PM
Free Friday Comp at 4wd Hardware. Friday July 22nd. EvilTwin v2 Competitions 1 07-20-2011 08:34 PM
Discovery Channel: Time Warp, premiers tonight! STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 13 10-16-2008 07:17 PM