Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gamers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #281
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gamers?

I play on PS4.

Red Dead 2 was fantastic. Another great single player game is Horizon Zero Dawn. I know this may be controversial, but depending on what you're looking for, my friends and I have actually had a lot of fun with No Man's Sky.
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #282
Rock Crawler

I'm one with the truck!... So proud of myself.
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #283
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
My brother talked me into getting the new call of duty, it’s not bad. The multiplayer feels like the old modern warfare 2 with how overpowered shotguns and pistols are but it’s still relatively fun, I like it more than the latest iterations but wish they’d get back to something fast paced like infinite warfare. The campers on this one get old.

I just got an Xbox one S and picked up the new CoD. I haven’t really played online seriously since CoD 4 the OG modern warfare. Starting to get back in the swing of things but man the campers are real. That and Miami is probably my least favorite map for team death match. Oh and the spawning.. multiple times I’ve been at the edge of the map and get the other team dropped right behind me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #284
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I just got an Xbox one S and picked up the new CoD. I haven’t really played online seriously since CoD 4 the OG modern warfare. Starting to get back in the swing of things but man the campers are real. That and Miami is probably my least favorite map for team death match. Oh and the spawning.. multiple times I’ve been at the edge of the map and get the other team dropped right behind me

Agreed on all points. Miami is a beautiful map, especially in 4k hdr but the camping makes it completely unenjoyable. I got excited for nuketown to come back till I realized the spawning was broken.

I haven’t played multiplayer in a few weeks though, been getting deep into the zombies and really enjoying that.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #285
RCC Addict

Quote:
Agreed on all points. Miami is a beautiful map, especially in 4k hdr but the camping makes it completely unenjoyable. I got excited for nuketown to come back till I realized the spawning was broken.

I haven’t played multiplayer in a few weeks though, been getting deep into the zombies and really enjoying that.

Yea I agree, the nuke town is a fun map but the spawning is messed up for sure. Maybe they will work some of that out, unfortunately camping can’t be fixed lol
I haven’t dove into the zombie pool yet but once I get my fix of death match I will for sure

Old 12-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #286
Quarry Creeper

If you're talking about camping and spawn killing, that's BS. But camping and picking people off, well, that happens in real warfare too.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #287
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Yea I agree, the nuke town is a fun map but the spawning is messed up for sure. Maybe they will work some of that out, unfortunately camping can’t be fixed lol
I haven’t dove into the zombie pool yet but once I get my fix of death match I will for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
If you're talking about camping and spawn killing, that's BS. But camping and picking people off, well, that happens in real warfare too.
On nuketown it’s a lot of spawn camping, but I agree with your sentiment about real warfare. I’d be the biggest camper of all IRL but video games I want to be more fast paced and take advantage of the fact that you come back to life after being dead. It’s part of the reason I never got into battlefield, it was a little too real in that I’d run across a giant map for 6 minutes to get sniped by some dude that’s been hiding behind a bush the whole game in the hills that I never saw.

The charm of COD for me is the rushing and quick combat which has been mostly absent for a few iterations now, aside from 1 or 2 close quarters combat maps that can be broken with spawn camping.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:32 PM   #288
RCC Addict

I agree for sure, I like the games to be fast paced and prefer to end on the kill limit not due to time. Yesterday I had 25% of the kills for me team. That’s what I strive for

Old 12-08-2020, 10:37 PM   #289
RCC Addict

Quote:
The charm of COD for me is the rushing and quick combat which has been mostly absent for a few iterations now, aside from 1 or 2 close quarters combat maps that can be broken with spawn camping.
Curious which battlefield you’re referring to? I am a big fan of bf1, or at least I was for about the first 6 months it was released. Mostly for the weapons. Very realistic feeling characteristics, fire rate, damage, bullet drop, accuracy, etc. I only ever played conquest though, 30-40 minute rounds, large maps, lots of players. I enjoyed being able to play different areas of the map with different classes. Took a while to get the hang of utilizing different playing styles, and weapons depending on terrain.

Just started playing COD Cold War, like it for the most part, but playing style gets repetitive to me. Plus I regularly get my ass kicked, and that gets old.

Sometimes you just have to be the DB camped on a hill with an artillery truck....

Twade984 on Xbox live as well. Might add a few of you guys on here when I get on next.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:47 PM   #290
RCC Addict

I’ll give you an add when I get on twade my tag is FrickerB9087

Old 12-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #291
Quarry Creeper

Mostly been playing pubg mobile on my phone for the last year. I usually play on ps4. I'm a huge Battlefield fan. That is until BF5 and 1 came out. Not a big fan of those. I loved bad company 2 and BF3 and BF4, but haven't played much in the last year cuz alot of the maps and modes I like don't seem to as popular with the people who's still playing. Hoping BF6 will be as good as it sounds! Gonna work on getting a PS5 in the meantime while I'm waiting for the new BF6.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #292
RCC Addict

Quote:
I’ll give you an add when I get on twade my tag is FrickerB9087

Added.

I forgot I have the app and can add people that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIREBUSTER View Post
BF6
How much info is there on this? 5 was a disappointment for me. Can’t even explain why exactly, just couldn’t get into it. Maybe because I was still heavy into 1? Idk.

Last edited by twade984; 12-09-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #293
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Added.

I forgot I have the app and can add people that way.

How much info is there on this? 5 was a disappointment for me. Can’t even explain why exactly, just couldn’t get into it. Maybe because I was still heavy into 1? Idk.
There's not a ton of info on it but there's a guy on YouTube thats always been pretty accurate on Battlefield stuff. Ill see if I can find remember who it is and ill let you know. Ill see if I can find the other info I found on it too. One thing I'm excited about is it sounds like the destruction of building and what not looks like its gonna be pretty sweet! And I really like the bigger maps theyve always had and sounds like there's something "big" coming. They didn't say what so that could leave it open to alot of things but the guy said he felt he was hinting more towards maybe an extra large map with more than the normal 64 players. Anyways ill see if i can find the links and post em up here.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:28 AM   #294
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Curious which battlefield you’re referring to? I am a big fan of bf1, or at least I was for about the first 6 months it was released. Mostly for the weapons. Very realistic feeling characteristics, fire rate, damage, bullet drop, accuracy, etc. I only ever played conquest though, 30-40 minute rounds, large maps, lots of players. I enjoyed being able to play different areas of the map with different classes. Took a while to get the hang of utilizing different playing styles, and weapons depending on terrain.

Just started playing COD Cold War, like it for the most part, but playing style gets repetitive to me. Plus I regularly get my ass kicked, and that gets old.

Sometimes you just have to be the DB camped on a hill with an artillery truck....

Twade984 on Xbox live as well. Might add a few of you guys on here when I get on next.
Mostly BF 3 and 4, I can’t remember if I played 5 or not.

For reference, I’m coming from FPS where there was nowhere to hide. We used to play golden eye on the license to kill mode so it was all reaction and how you got around the map. Then we played a lot of halo and halo 2, another game where there really wasn’t anywhere to hide you just had to go at it.

My favorite call of dutys were the original modern warfare, black ops, black ops 2, modern warfare 2, and infinite warfare. Mw2 sure had its problems with the one-man-army and resupply perks where people could build a fortress of claymores but it was a lot more run and gun.

IMO those games had better competition because there was a lot less camping, you actually had to be skilled at the game or get lucky to take someone down, instead of hiding in a window or laying down in a corner waiting for someone to walk by to take them down without a fight.
Old 12-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #295
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Mostly BF 3 and 4, I can’t remember if I played 5 or not.

For reference, I’m coming from FPS where there was nowhere to hide. We used to play golden eye on the license to kill mode so it was all reaction and how you got around the map. Then we played a lot of halo and halo 2, another game where there really wasn’t anywhere to hide you just had to go at it.

My favorite call of dutys were the original modern warfare, black ops, black ops 2, modern warfare 2, and infinite warfare. Mw2 sure had its problems with the one-man-army and resupply perks where people could build a fortress of claymores but it was a lot more run and gun.

IMO those games had better competition because there was a lot less camping, you actually had to be skilled at the game or get lucky to take someone down, instead of hiding in a window or laying down in a corner waiting for someone to walk by to take them down without a fight.
I agree on the older cod being better. I think any of the cod from the past few years are horrible. The destruction sucks and thats a big thing for me. If I shoot a building with a grenade launcher or something there better be some damage done to that building haha but as far as camping goes, I agree but don't agree. I liked the fast paced front line type of combat but I love sniping as well. So to me, if youre set up on a hill in a bush or peeking through a window picking people off then thats all good. But when you're sitting in a stair way or behind a door or something waiting for someone to walk in or even sitting wayyyy out play on a hill with an artillery truck like mentioned, then ya that shit is annoying.

Old 12-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #296
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like they only get their ass kicked on cod. I swear when id play at my buddies house back in tge day, I'd spawn and die instantly. But I guess they're smaller maps too so that kinda plays a factor in it too but still haha

Old 12-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #297
RCC Addict

I like hearing people’s perspectives, I haven’t played many games, don’t consider myself a gamer. My last console was a GameCube when they were new, then I jumped back in with the Xbox one s. Sold it after my kid was born about two years ago. Was just given an original Xbox one and find myself getting back into it, specially with the cold/rainy season in effect.

So far have Cold War, the new modern warfare, battlefield 1 and 5 and dirt 4. Downloaded forza 7 I think? Wasn’t too interested. Still have ghost recon wildlands but haven’t played it since selling my first Xbox. I really liked that for a while, but it got a little repetitive. The predator mission was pretty fun.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #298
Rock Crawler

Breastplate.

4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #299
Gold Star Baby!

I think it’s Cyber Punk release day right? Anyone getting it?

*Edit - from the Google search seems like Xbox one/PS4 users are having problems with the graphics. That’s a shame. If anyone here does have it I have a question about the controls that I can’t find an answer to. Do the control options allow for the “Legacy” layout for the control sticks?

Quote:
I agree on the older cod being better. I think any of the cod from the past few years are horrible. The destruction sucks and thats a big thing for me. If I shoot a building with a grenade launcher or something there better be some damage done to that building haha but as far as camping goes, I agree but don't agree. I liked the fast paced front line type of combat but I love sniping as well. So to me, if youre set up on a hill in a bush or peeking through a window picking people off then thats all good. But when you're sitting in a stair way or behind a door or something waiting for someone to walk in or even sitting wayyyy out play on a hill with an artillery truck like mentioned, then ya that shit is annoying.

A good sniper is an exception here, I agree with that as some of them have some serious skill.

It’s more the spawn camping, head glitching/prone glitching, and hiding in a corner waiting for someone to walk by while ignoring the objectives, type of camping that gets to me.

Domination is a good example of the latter, you’ll see people on the losing team with 30+ kills and 5 deaths but the only objective they get is the one when the round starts, the rest of the game they just poach people that are playing to win.

Hopefully one day we’ll get something like infinite warfare back where you can boost jump and run on walls, there was no where to hide in that game so camping wasn’t a problem since I could always flank them.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 12-10-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #300
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Mostly been playing pubg mobile on my phone for the last year. I usually play on ps4. I'm a huge Battlefield fan. That is until BF5 and 1 came out. Not a big fan of those. I loved bad company 2 and BF3 and BF4, but haven't played much in the last year cuz alot of the maps and modes I like don't seem to as popular with the people who's still playing. Hoping BF6 will be as good as it sounds! Gonna work on getting a PS5 in the meantime while I'm waiting for the new BF6.

This exactly for me as well. Don't play at all anymore actually. NEVER been a COD multiplayer fan.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gamers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS gamers? B94Cast Chit Chat 1 12-07-2013 09:07 PM
Gamers?? Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 26 08-02-2010 09:03 PM
ok gamers............. bob1961 Chit Chat 13 10-28-2008 01:07 PM
Gamers? xjman Chit Chat 0 08-03-2007 08:28 PM
Note to all gamers CreepyCrawler88 Chit Chat 6 03-08-2006 09:24 PM