Notices

Thread: Gamers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post

Multiplayer eh? That’s interesting. I hope it’s more co-op based than pvp.

I’ve always liked fallout as an independent anti social game myself, can just lose yourself in there for hours; crafting, scavenging, and chewing bubble gum. Perhaps since it’s so early in the timeline there will be more to build, structure wise.

Yeah multiplayer might be a huge change, I definitely enjoy a slow playthough by myself, but maybe with the right group it will work out.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #22
RCC Addict

I usually only game in winter, in between rig building sessions. Last game I seriously invested myself into was FO4. I loved that game more than I ever thought possible. I spent about 6-7 months on the single play though I did. After that run I couldn't bring myself to do another one, I wanted to see my wife again.

I've never been into MMORPG's (more accurately, I've avoided them like the plague), but FO76 has got me rethinking that. I may even go buy a PS4 so I can team up with my brother-in-law.

I'm just gonna drop the release trailer for FO76 here since no one else has yet.

https://youtu.be/-ye84Zrqndo

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 05-31-2018 at 10:35 AM.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:03 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I usually only game in winter, in between rig building sessions. Last game I seriously invested myself into was FO4. I loved that game more than I ever thought possible. I spent about 6-7 months on the single play though I did. After that run I couldn't bring myself to do another one, I wanted to see my wife again.

I've never been into MMORPG's (more accurately, I've avoided them like the plague), but FO76 has got me rethinking that. I may even go buy a PS4 so I can team up with my brother-in-law.

I'm just gonna drop the release trailer for FO76 here since no one else has yet.

https://youtu.be/-ye84Zrqndo

MMOs are life-suckers for sure. I played a few while I was still single and can remember more than a few times looking at the clock and realizing I had been in game for 8 hours+.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

A guy i know went strait out of school, then came warcraft, and he dove into that and smoking weed for well over a decade, he ended up on early retirement at the age of 30 or so with a range if ailments.

Pretty sad, he was a computer wizz kid and could have made it big time with the right priorities, but he pissed it all away.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:55 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

been playing a lot of Rust and Ark lately. I love puzzle games like Anitichamber, Human Fall Flat, Portal 1 and 2, Q.U.B.E.

Havent played racing games in a long while.

Also a fan of old school fast paced FPS like Unreal Tournament. If you like that old school Quake/Doom/Unreal FPS check out a game called Xonotic, its free and dam fun. https://www.xonotic.org/

waiting for the Rage 2 to be released. I liked playing the first one.

One of these days HL3 will be released
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
MMOs are life-suckers for sure. I played a few while I was still single and can remember more than a few times looking at the clock and realizing I had been in game for 8 hours+.

Crap, I've had that problem just playing FO4 offline. My life/health/marriage may suffer once FO76 hits the shelves..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #27
Gold Star Baby!

This is true. The percentage of my time that went to FO4 when I first played through it worries me. On the flip side, I did save a lot of money. Fallout weekends are much cheaper than weekends out on the town.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
This is true. The percentage of my time that went to FO4 when I first played through it worries me. On the flip side, I did save a lot of money. Fallout weekends are much cheaper than weekends out on the town.
When I got into PC gaming in the early 2000s, I found I was frequenting watering holes a lot less. I had a girlfriend that used to say "Always on that computer. All I see is the back of your damn head!!!". My response was "Gee, hon... It's 10:30pm on a Saturday night and you know exactly where I am. Do you want to try the alternative?"
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #29
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
When I got into PC gaming in the early 2000s, I found I was frequenting watering holes a lot less. I had a girlfriend that used to say "Always on that computer. All I see is the back of your damn head!!!". My response was "Gee, hon... It's 10:30pm on a Saturday night and you know exactly where I am. Do you want to try the alternative?"
I’ve used this infallible logic myself on more than one occasion
Old 06-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
been playing a lot of Rust and Ark lately. I love puzzle games like Anitichamber, Human Fall Flat, Portal 1 and 2, Q.U.B.E.

Havent played racing games in a long while.

Also a fan of old school fast paced FPS like Unreal Tournament. If you like that old school Quake/Doom/Unreal FPS check out a game called Xonotic, its free and dam fun. https://www.xonotic.org/

waiting for the Rage 2 to be released. I liked playing the first one.

One of these days HL3 will be released
Never owned a console.

Downloading Xonotic now, Thanks!

I'll probably drop dead of a stroke or heart attack the day they release Half-Life 3...

My fave game of all time was definitely the original Unreal Tournament from 1999. I used to play almost nothing but first-person shooters, exclusively in campaign or deathmatch mode. I never play online, if the game didn't have good enough AI to provide a challenge, I wouldn't buy it. Online play doesn't burn-off stress for me, it creates it.

Played all the older sci-fi type shooters, and then all the military shooters.

I later got into some Rage, FarCry3 (Blood Dragon, anyone?), Dishonoured, and Borderlands.

For quite some time, however, I've almost exclusively played driving games like the Dirt series and Forza Horizon 3.

Again, I stay away from online except when Forza offers a reward for something that HAS to be done online...

Quite some time ago when I worked as a locksmith, the bookmaker for the company used to chide me about my carefully researched and assembled, overclocked, overvolted, and liquid-cooled gaming PC - she'd say "Are ya goin' out on the town this weekend, or just spending time with your square-headed girlfriend?"

I thought it was so damn hilarious all my subsequent gaming builds have been named SquareHead v2, v3, etc.

My current PC is nearing a hardware refresh point, but thankfully it was built with enough "juice" that it's still handling current titles perfectly fine at ultra quality / 1920x1080 / 144Hz refresh rate.

My eyes aren't good enough to make it worthwhile to go 4K resolution, I play on a 27" monitor with my face less than 2 feet away - what's the point?

Plus, not having to get a new upper-tier GPU or CPU allows me to buy MOAR RC!!!

My parts are a combo of MSI (Mobo/GPU), Samsung (512GB enterprise-class SSD) and Corsair (everything else)...

I do have a few MNPCTech modder parts, a few DIY appearance mods, DemciFlex magnetic filters covering all intakes, and a stonking audio setup that includes a Behringer 5-track mixer and a pair of KRK Rokit6 G2 studio monitors (HUGE internally bi-amped speakers) sitting on either side of my monitor on Auralex acoustic foam wedges to isolate the base from my desktop - that way I never get noise complaints from my neighbors.

I suppose I am in love with my square-headed girlfriend...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #31
RCC Addict

I'm on Xbox, been doing another playthrough with Skyrim. For racing on it I have Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and Forza 6 (Forza I use my controller, the other 2 I use my wheel setup). My tag on there is Lockdown12345.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Waiting for this one.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I'm a pretty big gamer. Have been since I was a kid. I started racing on Xbox some years ago with some of the guys here, and then fully dove down the rabbit hole a couple years back into sim racing. I've slowly upgraded over time, just got a new wheel setup and finally finished up the install this weekend. You can find us in the PC sim racing thread.

PC Sim Racing

New gear all setup

Last edited by hpiguy; 06-10-2018 at 05:33 PM.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #34
Gold Star Baby!

Durok, Dirt and Forza are awesome!! The first Dirt had me hooked. I’ve always been fascinated with rally racing. By far my favorite, followed by F1.

Have you gotten into Forza 7? It’s simply beautiful. I don’t play it as much as horizon 3 though, that game is just fun.

HPiguy, that’s a hell of a set up. Hand brake and everything. Impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post
Waiting for this one.
Duuuuude holy crap that looks sweet!! Is it sand box?

E3 tomorrow!!

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-11-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, it's a lot of fun for sure. Dirt Rally is excellent! Forza just pisses me off, because with 7 they promised they were going to focus on the force feedback and proper wheel support. But in the end, they did none of that, and did what they always do; they focused on making things pretty rather than the physics and wheel support. It sucks because I've played the series since the OG Xbox back in '01. If MS wasn't so dense, they'd realize that there are a lot of sim racers out there that would gladly pay full retail for the games if they'd just fix the wheel support. I still greatly enjoy simcade (Dirt Rally), and even arcade racers. But I refuse to give a company my money that continues to make empty promises, and dupes their audience into sales.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #36
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Thanks, it's a lot of fun for sure. Dirt Rally is excellent! Forza just pisses me off, because with 7 they promised they were going to focus on the force feedback and proper wheel support. But in the end, they did none of that, and did what they always do; they focused on making things pretty rather than the physics and wheel support. It sucks because I've played the series since the OG Xbox back in '01. If MS wasn't so dense, they'd realize that there are a lot of sim racers out there that would gladly pay full retail for the games if they'd just fix the wheel support. I still greatly enjoy simcade (Dirt Rally), and even arcade racers. But I refuse to give a company my money that continues to make empty promises, and dupes their audience into sales.
That’s crazy, I’d think that having the market presence they do in console sim racing that they’d prioritize making that work properly. I’ve always been impressed with the feel and physics when using a controller but that’s a completely different ball game. Lately I’ve been turned off by the massive amount of micro transactions in the series, but it’s still fun enough to pop in from time to time. I won’t have a full blown career like I have in past installments though, that’s for sure.

Dirt on the other hand, I’ll take those games as far as I can!

Just realized that we use the same gaming speakers. I want to say I got that little sub and two speakers for $30 from Best Buy, solid value. I use them for everything game wise, including rock smith.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

To be fair, MS does nothing for sim racing on consoles other than provide the hardware. The only sim racing titles on console are Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 1 & 2, and Dirt Rally which is more simcade than true sim. It's a real shame because they'd sell very well now that the Forza series is cross platform. The newest installment, Forza 7 even felt odd on a XB1 controller on PC, but that was an early demo so maybe they've patched some things by now.

Yep, the speakers work fine for what they are. I generally use the headphones on my Rift as I race in VR, or my Turtle Beach headset when playing non VR titles online with friends. But for general solo gaming they're not bad for the money. I don't feel like running and hiding wires for 5.1, nor do I feel the need these days since I have headphone for that stuff.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Durok, Dirt and Forza are awesome!! The first Dirt had me hooked. I’ve always been fascinated with rally racing. By far my favorite, followed by F1.

Have you gotten into Forza 7? It’s simply beautiful. I don’t play it as much as horizon 3 though, that game is just fun.

E3 tomorrow!!
I only have the demo for Forza 7 - I'm a much bigger fan of open world or at least dirt-driving than closed circuit paved tracks.

My attitude towards gaming has mellowed quite a bit over the years, I prefer kinda easy stuff - sacrilege, I know!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Duuuuude holy crap that looks sweet!! Is it sand box?

E3 tomorrow!!
Hard to find info on this one. But there is a hidden message in the last second of the video.
Here is another video talking about that.
HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I'm cutting and pasting something I pasted yesterday incorrectly in the PC Driving Sims section, as I now know what I want as an early 54th birthday present:

Forza Horizon 4 will be set in Britain, released October 2, and in the promo trailer I spotted a rally version of the old VW Beetle, an MGB GT, and a London Taxi.

and can you say...

DESTRUCTIBLE STONE WALLS!!!

(schwing!)

Gamers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS gamers? B94Cast Chit Chat 1 12-07-2013 09:07 PM
Gamers?? Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 26 08-02-2010 09:03 PM
ok gamers............. bob1961 Chit Chat 13 10-28-2008 01:07 PM
Gamers? xjman Chit Chat 0 08-03-2007 08:28 PM
Note to all gamers CreepyCrawler88 Chit Chat 6 03-08-2006 09:24 PM