Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gamers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #141

Default Re: Gamers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
What do you guys think about that new XBox that doesn't have a disk drive, just a 1tb HDD?

I don't have a current system and really only played games like Forza (racing sim and Horizon) on XBox and Gran Tourismo on my PS (pre PSOne or PS2) and haven't played any games in a few years, but wouldn't mind getting into the newer Forza games in an, at best, casual way.
Dumb. I like my physical games. If we keep this digital bullshit up there will be no retro game market in 30 years. All the license servers will be dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
I thought about picking one up. But, then I thought will I play it? The answer was nope. I picked up Trials Rising but the game doesn't feel the same as the last 3. It feels like more of a chore to get levels than just riding and trying to get better. I loved all the other trials games (even thought Hard was my personal hell. lol) When I go into Rising I feel like I am forced to play their way and not what I want to do. I am level 47 and I want to play more just can't get past the way it feels like work when playing it. I am probably the minority when I play this one, but I just don't know. If I could get past the contract part and just level up while riding and doing better on a track I might play more. But when the AI bots just stomp you when you are trying to do a clean race it's kinda disheartening.

Sorry for being such a downer in my last couple posts. Just putting out my feelings on the games and consoles being asked about. If it is out of place I will try my best to tone it down. Also I am tired so that doesn't help.
I don't play the Switch all that often, but that's just because I love video games much, much less than I used to. I'm not sure why. It kinda bums me out and I miss video games as odd as that may sound.

I found Trials Rising to be easier, but I'm only in the 30s as far as my level goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I have one. Really just bought it for Zelda and Mariokart. Mariokart is a pretty good party game.

Zelda is a great game because it had many hours of play. It was pretty damn hard and annoying in the beginning but once I started getting storage slots and some more hearts it got a lot easier. Maybe some day I'll play through it again.

I need to see what new games are out there. I havent looked in a while.
Zelda is an amazing video game and it still looks great even with the diluted graphics due to the lack of power inside the Switch. I wish I had the attention span and desire to play more of it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #142
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Dumb. I like my physical games. If we keep this digital bullshit up there will be no retro game market in 30 years. All the license servers will be dead.
This actually worries me a bit.

I have a stash of classic consoles in storage, couple of dreamcasts with emulators for classic NES and sega games, a Super Nintendo, an original nes, and an N64. My problem now is finding a tv that I can hook those up to.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #143
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
This actually worries me a bit.

I have a stash of classic consoles in storage, couple of dreamcasts with emulators for classic NES and sega games, a Super Nintendo, an original nes, and an N64. My problem now is finding a tv that I can hook those up to.
If you have RF modulators for those (you can still buy a lot of them if not), you should be able to connect them right up to the coax input on any modern TV. Your TV should allow to you switch between digital and analog channels on the TV tuner, you'll need that analog setting. Also, results kind of vary on this, but most modern TVs aren't going to look great with those old systems unless you purchase an adapter, or have a TV that does upscaling.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Has anybody ever developed an pistol grip style controller for video game systems?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Just for shiggles, I turned my Garmin on during tonight's GT3 race at VIR in iRacing. This is qualifying and a 25min race, qualified 4th, and came in second. Had a couple of big moments, I'm sure you can spot when. And I burned 214 calories. Hell, it's a workout program!

Last edited by hpiguy; 05-08-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

I used to game when playing Modern Warfare 2/3 was cool and a little bit after over the years. All when PS3 and psn was free online, but now dead.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:00 PM   #147
Rock Crawler

No Laguna Seca!
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #148
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
I downloaded the free pack and haven't played yet. I like the game just don't have too many friends that play also. Would be nice to get a full game and see what we can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Also, Spintires MudRunner got a pretty cool new vintage DLC at the end of April. Gonna have to fire it up and see how they are.

I'm on the Xbox if you guys, or anyone else, wants to jump on Spintires. I just trail run now since I've completed all the missions. Still a fun game though. Other than that I just mess around on fortnite and dabble in GTA.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:02 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

New COD look fine ( at least ) but sadly its not something i am going to play due to the way it probably run in multiplayer.

It is a bit funny that guy smoke a cigar at night on a mission, he must be damn sure there are no enemies around for miles.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
I'm on the Xbox if you guys, or anyone else, wants to jump on Spintires. I just trail run now since I've completed all the missions. Still a fun game though. Other than that I just mess around on fortnite and dabble in GTA.

I’m on Xbox also. Same name as here. I have been playing through Dauntless and I spend way too much time on Destiny 2. If you want to add me go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:07 AM   #151
~THE SCALE SHOP~

f uck yes
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #152
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
f uck yes

I'm too lazy to look it up myself, is that going to be an RPG? Maybe something like KOTOR 1&2? That would be incredible.

I've been waiting 14 years for a proper follow-up to the absolutely amazing franchise that they started with 1 & 2 and then completely ruined by going to the mmorpg model..
(I'm old and stuck in my ways - I HATE online gaming. When I play a game I want to play - and I dont want to play against some ignorant little twat or have my gaming be dependent on internet access and/or game servers).

I miss kotor ��
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

HyperMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

It's single player only.

EDIT: the star wars game
Old 06-09-2019, 03:52 PM   #155
Quarry Creeper

Holy shit, a single player only game in 2019. Hell I'll buy it just for that, so long as it's no MMORPG.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:07 PM   #156
Rock Crawler

They keep milking that star wars tit, and all it do is remind me that last time i was in a movie theater was to see the #2 star wars movie when it released wayyyyyy back in the day.
Coincidentally i saw that movie with my last girlfriend,,,,,, yes i know severe commitment and not least trust issues here.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #157
Rock Crawler

Old 06-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
f uck yes
YESSIR!

been waiting for a good story-driven star wars game. force unleashed was pretty good. there was an "okay" story mode in battlefront 2 but this?
oh man... might not be as good as what we could have got from 1313 (scrapped boba fett origin project?)

and who else saw the avengers from square and just went "meh..."

please don't get me started on the damn LEGO expansion for forza horizon...

oh oh but yeah cyberpunk 2077 might be my go-to and first "long play" (*like more than 20 min sessions of play) game since halo 3 for me!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #159
Rock Crawler

Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #160
Quarry Creeper

^^Really cool to see sim racing getting so much exposure these days!

Gamers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS gamers? B94Cast Chit Chat 1 12-07-2013 09:07 PM
Gamers?? Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 26 08-02-2010 09:03 PM
ok gamers............. bob1961 Chit Chat 13 10-28-2008 01:07 PM
Gamers? xjman Chit Chat 0 08-03-2007 08:28 PM
Note to all gamers CreepyCrawler88 Chit Chat 6 03-08-2006 09:24 PM