Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gamers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 01:24 PM   #121
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Gamers?

Anyone have any feedback for kingdom of hearts III, Anthem, or Ace Combat 7?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 01:51 PM   #122
M J
Rock Stacker

I'm not sure how I missed this thread. Maybe I didn't, and just forgot about it.

Anyway - Picked up an Xbox One S for Christmas (last consoles were SNES and Playstation). Game Pass and Gold - lots of free games to play, mostly playing Forza Horizon 3 and 4, but also RDR2, FO76. My son wanted me to play Halo 5 with him, so I just started playing that a bit.
M J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:26 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Anyone have any feedback for kingdom of hearts III, Anthem, or Ace Combat 7?
Ace Combat plays like most of the other ace combats, which means it’s familiar, which is good, especially if you're using the VR head set. Took me a bit to stop crashing into the ground.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

So Borderlands 3 was just confirmed by Gearbox. Plus the have the BL1 Remaster as well as UHD on The handsome collection. I am stoked for all 3 updates.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

What do you guys think about that new XBox that doesn't have a disk drive, just a 1tb HDD?

I don't have a current system and really only played games like Forza (racing sim and Horizon) on XBox and Gran Tourismo on my PS (pre PSOne or PS2) and haven't played any games in a few years, but wouldn't mind getting into the newer Forza games in an, at best, casual way.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #126
Gold Star Baby!

I didn’t know that came out but that’s cool! The only game I have on disc any more is rocksmith. Having soft copies has made it too convenient to have to deal with switching discs around.

Sony saw this coming with the PS4 but they were early (opted against 4K blu ray drive) with the quality of streaming media and how quick it is to download full games and updates it makes sense to skip the cost of the disc drive that not everyone uses.

I’ve been blown away by DiRT 2.0 lately. It’s all I play anymore aside from rocksmith and fifa.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Just read in some tech news that someone think by 2022 a lot of PC gamers will move to consoles, for my own part i can not see that happen, actually by 2022 i don't even think anyone have made a "GD" game i would like to play.
https://hexus.net/business/news/syst...tion-consoles/

But my PC are so ready not least for multi threaded games with my 12 /24 core CPU.
And tallying my piggy bank yesterday i now have +1000 USD ready for buying new GFX card + other tidbits later in the year.
And i have just ordered another 16 GB of RAM for the machine, so now i just need 32 GB more
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
What do you guys think about that new XBox that doesn't have a disk drive, just a 1tb HDD?

I don't have a current system and really only played games like Forza (racing sim and Horizon) on XBox and Gran Tourismo on my PS (pre PSOne or PS2) and haven't played any games in a few years, but wouldn't mind getting into the newer Forza games in an, at best, casual way.
It's a good idea or design. But, for the same price and more games you can get a Xbox One S on sale and have the 4K Blu-Ray drive installed if you buy a movie on disc. They are looking to get new gamers that don't have an xbox but it just isn't practical with what is offered at the moment. I would still buy the ONE S with drive installed first before the All Digital edition just for the safety net of having the drive for used games.

I use 2 external HDD's for storage so the internal capacity isn't a big deal but putting 1TB in there is a good idea. It will fill up quick with newer games coming out. RDR2 is 100GB on the base game. M2C.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #129

Are any of you guys playing the Switch? I have one because I love the Super Mario games. Super Mario Odyssey is awesome. Zelda is great too, but I don't have the attention span to get sucked into those games for long anymore.

I just bought Trials Rising. I love those games!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 04:12 AM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Are any of you guys playing the Switch? I have one because I love the Super Mario games. Super Mario Odyssey is awesome. Zelda is great too, but I don't have the attention span to get sucked into those games for long anymore.

I thought about picking one up. But, then I thought will I play it? The answer was nope. I picked up Trials Rising but the game doesn't feel the same as the last 3. It feels like more of a chore to get levels than just riding and trying to get better. I loved all the other trials games (even thought Hard was my personal hell. lol) When I go into Rising I feel like I am forced to play their way and not what I want to do. I am level 47 and I want to play more just can't get past the way it feels like work when playing it. I am probably the minority when I play this one, but I just don't know. If I could get past the contract part and just level up while riding and doing better on a track I might play more. But when the AI bots just stomp you when you are trying to do a clean race it's kinda disheartening.

Sorry for being such a downer in my last couple posts. Just putting out my feelings on the games and consoles being asked about. If it is out of place I will try my best to tone it down. Also I am tired so that doesn't help.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #131

Just play Diablo 3 ROS. New season starts in a couple of weeks.
cpl666k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #132
RCC Addict

Quote:

I have one. Really just bought it for Zelda and Mariokart. Mariokart is a pretty good party game.

Zelda is a great game because it had many hours of play. It was pretty damn hard and annoying in the beginning but once I started getting storage slots and some more hearts it got a lot easier. Maybe some day I'll play through it again.

I need to see what new games are out there. I havent looked in a while.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I didn’t know that came out but that’s cool! The only game I have on disc any more is rocksmith. Having soft copies has made it too convenient to have to deal with switching discs around.

Sony saw this coming with the PS4 but they were early (opted against 4K blu ray drive) with the quality of streaming media and how quick it is to download full games and updates it makes sense to skip the cost of the disc drive that not everyone uses.

I’ve been blown away by DiRT 2.0 lately. It’s all I play anymore aside from rocksmith and fifa.

It's coming out in the next week or so, thought that the lower pricepoint and less complication might not hurt as well, however.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
It's a good idea or design. But, for the same price and more games you can get a Xbox One S on sale and have the 4K Blu-Ray drive installed if you buy a movie on disc. They are looking to get new gamers that don't have an xbox but it just isn't practical with what is offered at the moment. I would still buy the ONE S with drive installed first before the All Digital edition just for the safety net of having the drive for used games.

I use 2 external HDD's for storage so the internal capacity isn't a big deal but putting 1TB in there is a good idea. It will fill up quick with newer games coming out. RDR2 is 100GB on the base game. M2C.

I have seen this multiple times over and even talked with a Game Stop employee that I worked with around '99-'01 at Toys "R" Us (usually worked in that department there too) and that was his suggestion too. He did tell me that from time to time Microsoft will randomly throw out a $50 discount on the systems through their website for a couple weeks and that would be something to look out for too.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:49 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I picked it up because it was on sale the other day (was waiting for VR support, which is coming this summer), and I've put about 7 hours into it. It looks great, but something is just off compared to DR1 in the physics and FFB department. It could be the physics are fine, but the shitty FFB implementation simply doesn't convey much about what the car is doing as there's no no texture or fine detail to the FFB at all. Only jolts and some front end feel come through, but the fine detail of every bump, rut, and ripple from DR1 is gone. Some tracks are better than others, and some are downright terrible.

Also, F1 2019 is coming out the end of June. I won't be buying it, but it looks amazing!

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #135
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:

I had a switch for a little bit and really enjoyed the Mario Odyssey game. No longer have the switch, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I picked it up because it was on sale the other day (was waiting for VR support, which is coming this summer), and I've put about 7 hours into it. It looks great, but something is just off compared to DR1 in the physics and FFB department. It could be the physics are fine, but the shitty FFB implementation simply doesn't convey much about what the car is doing as there's no no texture or fine detail to the FFB at all. Only jolts and some front end feel come through, but the fine detail of every bump, rut, and ripple from DR1 is gone. Some tracks are better than others, and some are downright terrible.

Also, F1 2019 is coming out the end of June. I won't be buying it, but it looks amazing!

Wow, that does look incredible!

The visuals on DiRT 2.0 are definitely a big reason I'm enjoying it. I finally upgraded to a One X and it just looks great. The physics don't bother me but I'm not a hardcore sim racer.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

You don't have to be a hardcore sim racer. Just play on a wheel, it's broken and pretty much nothing from Codies on the issue.

Also, Spintires MudRunner got a pretty cool new vintage DLC at the end of April. Gonna have to fire it up and see how they are.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:44 AM   #137
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
You don't have to be a hardcore sim racer. Just play on a wheel, it's broken and pretty much nothing from Codies on the issue.

Also, Spintires MudRunner got a pretty cool new vintage DLC at the end of April. Gonna have to fire it up and see how they are.

That sucks they aren’t addressing it at all, with VR and a good wheel feel this game could be something else.

Always wanted to have a wheel setup, maybe one day
Old 05-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #138
RCC Addict

Currently just waiting on Borderlands 3 or World of Warcraft Classic so I'm playing Borderlands 2 a bit in the meantime. I've hit that phase again where gaming can't really keep my attention since spring is finally here.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:07 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I downloaded the free pack and haven't played yet. I like the game just don't have too many friends that play also. Would be nice to get a full game and see what we can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Currently just waiting on Borderlands 3 or World of Warcraft Classic so I'm playing Borderlands 2 a bit in the meantime. I've hit that phase again where gaming can't really keep my attention since spring is finally here.
I have been playing through BL1 GOTY since I didn't play much on the 360 when it was out. Plus I need to get back to BL2 and finish up a couple characters. BL3 looks insane and I have already preordered for the September release. I want to have one of the guns that has legs. Run my minions. lol
Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #140
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Same thing here, waiting on BL3 but I can't really focus on games at all until fall arrives. Gaming is pretty much a October-March activity for this guy.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Gamers? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS gamers? B94Cast Chit Chat 1 12-07-2013 09:07 PM
Gamers?? Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 26 08-02-2010 09:03 PM
ok gamers............. bob1961 Chit Chat 13 10-28-2008 01:07 PM
Gamers? xjman Chit Chat 0 08-03-2007 08:28 PM
Note to all gamers CreepyCrawler88 Chit Chat 6 03-08-2006 09:24 PM