Notices

Thread: Post your other Toy Collections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2018, 06:25 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Post your other Toy Collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I have the Lego Rock crawler in the shop about 3/4 done - really need to get that finished one of these days.
Must be something wrong with the site again...I can't see the PIC
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

2mtech knows i suck at pics, so i lived up to my rep and didn't break out my figures yesterday like i planned. :(

legos! my son loves those and he is pretty good at making his own creations! he made an RV from scratch with a large opening door to reveal the interior. he is his own toughest critic, and 90% of the time he tears stuff apart because "its not as good as i wanted so I'm starting over" lol
i'll see if he's got anything on his workbench and snap a pic. (he has a "desk bed" and the desk part is his workbench for legos and hotwheels) and yes I'm super proud :*)
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
2mtech knows i suck at pics, so i lived up to my rep and didn't break out my figures yesterday like i planned. :(
Au contraire, mon frere!

You young kids and your robots and 4" GiJoes. I was five the year Hot Wheels came out...what a Christmas! Oh, to have my massive collection of those and Matchbox back that my mother gave away when I joined the military
Old 06-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I hear ya. My mom moved after I joined, I have no idea what happened to my stuff including a vintage Blackfoot that might still be boxed up in her basement.

So here is what a tiny sample of my collection looks like. It's literally 3 of the 4 figures I have out on my dresser.
Not as cool as robots but its all I have room for at the moment...

I'm about to go tinker with my go pro. Maybe I will get some reviews done?

** fixed the pic. computer > fone

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-25-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. My mom moved after I joined, I have no idea what happened to my stuff including a vintage Blackfoot that might still be boxed up in her basement.

So here is what a tiny sample of my collection looks like. It's literally 3 of the 4 figures I have out on my dresser.
Not as cool as robots but its all I have room for at the moment...

I'm about to go tinker with my go pro. Maybe I will get some reviews done?
Now that's cool!

I got heavily into Dragon figures when eBay first started...had 27 and some vehicles...then sold them all...doh!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Would be cooler if tinypic didn't turn it sideways!?

Well I did my very first action figure review video.
Was kinda fun!
https://youtu.be/tj-yOu5b1OE

**fixed for your embedded viewing convenience

Last edited by Shinchu; 12-06-2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Would be cooler if tinypic didn't turn it sideways!?

Well I did my very first action figure review video.
Was kinda fun!
https://youtu.be/tj-yOu5b1OE
Was oriented correctly on the phone...weird it's sideways on the puter.

Nice review! Dorkiness...lol. Wouldn't exactly expect Spidey as a "garage figure", but no judging
Old 06-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Decided on that since all reviews will be done in my garage.
Thanks for watching! Did that all in one shot, first take.
I am okay with it for my very first ever vid of that sort and it was my very first vid with the go pro session my wife got for me.

I think maybe next... More spidey?! Lol I have a bunch of spidey.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Got it. Video quality of those new GoPros is undeniable...may have to suck it up and get one.

Don't be afraid to edit...five minute rule ;) Cyberlink Power Director FTW

8:14 on Spidey is good lol...next...? Batman, Hulk, GiJoe?

Put up ONE Power Rangers spotlight and I'll have no choice but to flame you mercilessly though.

Last edited by 2mtech; 06-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Omg dude no hahaha I despise power Rangers! Hahaha

As for 5 minute rule I hear ya. There are arguements on both sides of that. I watch a bunch of figure review channels like shartimus prime, jayC, boogACBA, the fwoosh, and those guys go over 5 minutes. Difference is, they are GOOD at it lol
Other side is toy galaxy. Dan does a series called "_____ in under 4 minutes" and those are great for the current generation of short attention span lol

Thanks for the editing software advice. I need to dive headfirst into that so I can get some sort of intro going.
And the go pro is awesome. And I think my wife got it for less than a c note at target. The session not the hero. But the small form factor is actually way more beneficial to me that any of the features of the larger hero.

Thanks again for the tips! More spidey then? My son was telling me to do another today haha maybe tonight. Gets hot as hell in the studio/garage!
* ah just saw 8 minutes of spidey is plenty. Batman... Sadly... I dont have one! Been debating which one because not having a Batman figure is nearly a sin! Hulk I could do. Gi Joe... Which one?! I have literally over 100 different characters lol

Thanks again for the tips. Your vids are pretty good.

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-23-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Omg dude no hahaha I despise power Rangers! Hahaha
Glad we're agreed there...would've hated to have lost all respect for you

Quote:
As for 5 minute rule I hear ya. There are arguements on both sides of that. I watch a bunch of figure review channels like shartimus prime, jayC, boogACBA, the fwoosh, and those guys go over 5 minutes. Difference is, they are GOOD at it lol
Other side is toy galaxy. Dan does a series called "_____ in under 4 minutes" and those are great for the current generation of short attention span lol
Depends on content too. You could probably get away with 10 minutes on all of the Cobra team, but not on the commander ;)

Quote:
Thanks for the editing software advice. I need to dive headfirst into that so I can get some sort of intro going.
About $40 but it's awesome what you can do with it. A creative type like yourself could exploit its capabilities...me, not so much as you've seen, but it makes horrible, choppy raw footage into something almost watchable (like mine, but thanks!)

Quote:
And the go pro is awesome. And I think my wife got it for less than a c note at target. The session not the hero. But the small form factor is actually way more beneficial to me that any of the features of the larger hero.
If I get one it'll be the Hero 6 black. In for a penny...

Quote:
Batman... Sadly... I dont have one! Been debating which one because not having a Batman figure is nearly a sin!
NEARLY? That's like an original '77 Kenner Star Wars collection with no Vader!

Quote:
Gi Joe... Which one?! I have literally over 100 different characters lol
Now you're talking. I grew up with the OG Joe, but my son was into the later iterations (had to keep him away from @#$% Power Rangers). He was into Cobra, especially Wild Weasel and Copperhead. I always had to be Maj Bludd ;)
Old 06-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
(had to keep him away from @#$% Power Rangers)
Now that's quality parenting right there.

Although I don't necessarily think that playing with Kimberly Ann Hart should be considered a bad thing.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Now that's quality parenting right there.

Although I don't necessarily think that playing with Kimberly Ann Hart should be considered a bad thing.
Now that's a whole new thread! Remember Carol Anne Seflinger from Wonderbug in that yellow jumpsuit?? Now there was a solid deposit for the bank of...'nuf said. Course we have Gal Gadot now :-)

But yes, Amy Jo gets a play pass!

Last edited by 2mtech; 06-23-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Must be something wrong with the site again...I can't see the PIC
Working on it!!

I only have so much room for display, so I rotate whenever I get bored. All of my Beast wars are in storage at the moment, and the movie collection and my original G1's are as well. All of them are open and usually posed.

Transformers Prime... I only opened Optimus and Megatron - they used to fight intergalactic battles on my desk at work, now they just throw each other dirty looks on the shelf. Some trains and Legos mixed in here too.. I've got trains all over the house, don't even get me started on that tangent.

A few Combiner Wars and Lego guys

TFP, Beast Wars, and Kreo Optimus and Megatron.

Not toys per-se, but my Transformers art wall. I'd like to say I drew them, but I'm nowhere near that talented. I print out the pics I find on the internet and color them in while the kids color or do crafts. Have a ball doing it. Working on Beast Wars Megatron right now, he'll fill the spot on the lower right. I try and find my "all stars"- characters that I really like. I've still got Rattrap and Rhinox to do yet.

2 of my favorites of course. Megatron was the first I did, so he's a little rough. Got better as I went - I was an art major 25 years ago - skills are a bit rusty!

Giant Devastator is in the shop (he's awesome!!), as are a few more - they show up in my RC pics from time to time. I'll snap some next time I get down there.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Working on it!!

I only have so much room for display, so I rotate whenever I get bored. All of my Beast wars are in storage at the moment, and the movie collection and my original G1's are as well. All of them are open and usually posed.

Transformers Prime... I only opened Optimus and Megatron - they used to fight intergalactic battles on my desk at work, now they just throw each other dirty looks on the shelf. Some trains and Legos mixed in here too.. I've got trains all over the house, don't even get me started on that tangent.

A few Combiner Wars and Lego guys

TFP, Beast Wars, and Kreo Optimus and Megatron.

Not toys per-se, but my Transformers art wall. I'd like to say I drew them, but I'm nowhere near that talented. I print out the pics I find on the internet and color them in while the kids color or do crafts. Have a ball doing it. Working on Beast Wars Megatron right now, he'll fill the spot on the lower right. I try and find my "all stars"- characters that I really like. I've still got Rattrap and Rhinox to do yet.

2 of my favorites of course. Megatron was the first I did, so he's a little rough. Got better as I went - I was an art major 25 years ago - skills are a bit rusty!

Giant Devastator is in the shop (he's awesome!!), as are a few more - they show up in my RC pics from time to time. I'll snap some next time I get down there.
Thats a righteous collection! I think I'm overstimulated lol.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Nice!!!
Prime was probably my second favorite series after G1. I dont think I have any figures though.
That art! Very nice! I actually had somebody give a character I designed a G1 treatment. Comissioned from somebody on the tfw2005 forum, it was a white 1997 Nissan Silvia and his name was Driftbot. Yes before autobot Drift was actually canon. Lost my mind when that happened and regrted not getting the original (Universe?) figure before the movies made him a european car.
Huh? Oh yes, the art. I dont know where the high res version is. Its still in use as my avatar on tfw2005.

Osrc nice collection man and I hear you on rotating. I am debating on bringing just one figure to work. Its the only custom figure I made of... Me. Its gi joe based (shipwreck, naturally) when I was an e5 and we still had the utilities uniform. Hmm... I need to review it! Maybe a few more regular character s first. Like some 25th Joe's and segway to my custom.
I have some wicked gnarly snake eyes figures. From sunbow cartoon purist to modern awesome tactical ninja.

And maybe some robuts somewhere in there... ;)

Loving this thread!!!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-24-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

i had to google wonderbug. just barely before my time. but it explains why my dad had a manx replica buggy!!! lol!!!!!

anyway yeah so i was in "the studio" last night. i took about SEVENTEEN attempts at episode 2. just couldn't hit my stride. then when i did, the neighborhood gossip committee held a meeting right at the bottom of my driveway. tried again 10 minutes later... then my dogs decided to flip out in the house and the vid sounded like a kennel. had to give up. told my wife i need to film at midnight lol but this is a real good one. i think if the last choice was good, this one is GREAT.
i'll try to knock it out tonight. hopefully.

oh, then i had a neat idea. i was watching RC Everyday... he just finished a weathered lexan VW beetle. A YELLOW ONE. see where I'm going with this? i need an M chassis and a lexan bug. like, NOW.
but then if i do that, i need a 1:10 scale freightliner flat face cab (FL86). see where I'm going with this?
you will once you see episode 2. ;)
Old 06-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
i had to google wonderbug. just barely before my time. but it explains why my dad had a manx replica buggy!!! lol!!!!!
Yeah, man!!

Quote:
anyway yeah so i was in "the studio" last night. i took about SEVENTEEN attempts at episode 2. just couldn't hit my stride. then when i did, the neighborhood gossip committee held a meeting right at the bottom of my driveway. tried again 10 minutes later... then my dogs decided to flip out in the house and the vid sounded like a kennel. had to give up. told my wife i need to film at midnight lol but this is a real good one. i think if the last choice was good, this one is GREAT.
i'll try to knock it out tonight. hopefully.
I only shoot the indoor talking stuff when I'm all by my lonesome, for those exact reasons...but LMAO anyway!

Quote:
oh, then i had a neat idea. i was watching RC Everyday... he just finished a weathered lexan VW beetle. A YELLOW ONE. see where I'm going with this? i need an M chassis and a lexan bug. like, NOW.
but then if i do that, i need a 1:10 scale freightliner flat face cab (FL86). see where I'm going with this?
you will once you see episode 2. ;)
I have an idea...very interesting. I will wait PATIENTLY AND QUIETLY to see where this goes.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:58 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

For any of you Transformer fans.... I have a few listed on eBay right now, and a lot more coming. I may sell all of my CHUG figures as a lot since I only get 50 free listings a month. I could use those other listings for the better stuff.

Still trying to figure out what I can part with vs. stuff I really want to keep.

Look for seller Khyzersoze on eBay

For my loose & opened figures/toys, I'm contemplating making a video for each one before I sell it off.

Last edited by soze; 06-26-2018 at 06:02 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Yikes soze take that down the admins freak out if you post anything even remotely sales related anywhere outside the classifieds.
But yes I can relate. I have some stuff I need to get rid of amd just focus on masterpiece.
*oh! I have that starscream!(loose)

Also I had to Google "chug" earlier today while stalking the tfw2005 forums lol that's how long I have been out of it.
For those not savvy in transformers lingo, it's a style of figure that is a sort of remake of original vintage figures, spread across a few different lines.
Classics
Henkei (japanese classics)
Universe
Generations

;)

**one more thing I was just at target and was scoping out the toys. They still have star wars figures from last year, 5 INFINITY war iron man figs, 3 nekked namors, a couple peg warmers from the Thor movie, and a couple peg warmers from the deadpool wave. T formers the new studio grade grimlock, starscream and a big (titans?) Starscream. Uh... Maybe next time I just snap a pic.
In other words target sucks here and I miss toys r us already.

Are the admins ok with helping each other find stuff for example say soze needs toy x and none in his area but there are 50 near me. Is this allowed?

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-26-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Post your other Toy Collections - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All CAPO Racing Youtube collections !! rcrun2011 Vendors Market 0 08-20-2015 05:23 PM
Your collections paleblue46 Non Crawler RC's 47 08-13-2013 08:30 PM
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
lets see your lipo collections! STANG KILLA SS Electronics 26 04-30-2011 06:56 PM
Total collections of RC's kailuaboy Chit Chat 1 01-29-2007 06:35 PM