Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Post your other Toy Collections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Post your other Toy Collections

Didn't want to derail the GMADE GS02 thread, but some people asked for pictures of some of my robot collection. I have more, but this is what I have on display at the moment.

Last edited by soze; 06-21-2018 at 11:42 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Post your other Toy Collections

So what’s this new version of Optimus Prime you were talking about in the other thread?
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbart View Post
So what’s this new version of Optimus Prime you were talking about in the other thread?
Wasn't me. Was Shinchu I believe. I don't keep up to date anymore with what's being released.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Wasn't me. Was Shinchu I believe. I don't keep up to date anymore with what's being released.
Sorry about that.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

YEAH!!!!!! NICE collection man!
i have some but nowhere near the range and numbers you have here.
is that classics hound?? i never found that one and that line was great! i gave my classics prime and bumblebee to my son. i could put them back in my boxes and he would never know lol he's "too cool" for toys now that he's 9 haha
also i see the Subaru smokescreen alternator, i cant find the box he (and binalt jazz) was in and I'm freaking out... those alternators pretty much paved the way for MP series.
its crazy how MP01/MP04 prime towers over the newer MP autobots. i have been on the fence about selling my MP04 to buy an MP10 that fits better in scale, but then the news broke of this guy... DONE DEAL that version is AWESOME!!! prime was a sort of father figure to me growing up in the 80's when my parents split so he is always on the top of my list. especially G1 versions.
keep in mind he is in prototype over in japan, still being developed by takara...

I'm also wondering where the heck are toy images for the new bumblebee movie???

man now I'm really sad i don't have a place to display my collection anymore :(
my neighbor has been asking me to do youtube reviews of all my figures. i don't think he knows what he's asking of me lol i have over 200 GI Joes (25th anniv) and maybe that many marvel legends and star wars black series (oh and i have the BMF millennium falcon!).
well now that my wife got me a gopro, maybe i can just start cracking on this enormous endeavor lol time to eat the elephant?

i will for sure post some pics later tonight though. need to clear off my bench its a disaster. great review station though!

cool thread soze, thanks for starting it!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-21-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Huge transformers fan...ive got G1's, entire Beast Wars, Prime and movie collections. Plus odds and ends - whatever catches my eye. I'll have to get some pics. Glad to know I'm not the only "big kid" out there. I even have Predacon and Decepticon tats, though only the real geeks recognize the Predacon.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

oh yeah i got the G1 "encore" optimus prime from toys R us around 2002. i don't think any of my G1 toys survived my childhood, along with just about every other toys i had. mom had trouble finding work so we had garage sales to buy food. if i still had that stuff it could have put my kids through college. (he-man, transformers, GI Joe, star wars... you name it)
i have found random odds and ends though. i still have my original 1984 "secret wars" Spider-Man figure. and the only vintage star wars figure from my youth, lando calrissian? random.

soze your macros stuff is incredible.
i had one of those masterpiece style Valkyries i got at comic con back in 2003 (Hikaru "do you remember love" version with armor and cluster bombs). gave it to my buddy a couple years later after he loaned me his entire macros saga DVDs to watch. he's a much bigger fan so i thought it was better home.
* yeah this one ** nope mine was different, Yamato diecast v1 and looks like its rare now lol

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-21-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The Masterpiece prime pictured is the 20th Anniversary Hasbro edition with the neutered smokestacks (in case a kid might poke their eye out). I also have the MP-01, MP-04 and the MP-10 and Hasbro version of the MP-10.

Yup when Yamato Macross toys first came out, they were 1/60 scale. Then came the huge 1/48 scale ones, which is what I have.

Last edited by soze; 06-21-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

oh wow you have ALL the masterpiece primes??
so with that in mind, would you say I'm crazy for getting rid of my MP04 so i can get an MP10? (or whatever they are calling this... version 3 coming out)i just don't see a need for it if the newer one fits in scale better.

and yes short stacks suck lol i need to upgrade my encore G1. you ever try reprolabels on your stuff? i love me some reprolabels...

*nice detolf's, btw. i have been putting off getting myself some for years.

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-21-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
...he's "too cool" for toys now that he's 9 haha
You should explain to him the irony of being an adult and wishing you had time to play with toys like a 9 year old.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

dude... you haven't met my son hahaha
i tell him stuff like that and he gets upset at his birthday because he doesn't want to get older lol the ascender crew can tell you, he's an old soul!

i did recently... "acquire" his nickelodeon ninja turtle collection ;) (the good ones, "battle shell" with show-accurate sculpts)
that show was awesome and i cant figure out why nick ended it. seriously rivaled the 80's cartoon.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Thanks, guys...I just totally geeked out on those collections! Impressive.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Otherwise known as Jetfire to us Transformers geeks. I have the 80's diecast (Jetfire Autobot version) in pretty good shape.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:01 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Otherwise known as Jetfire to us Transformers geeks. I have the 80's diecast (Jetfire Autobot version) in pretty good shape.
I don't have Jetfire, but I do have all the Macross Reissue Variants of that mold.

They have that nostalgic value, and were great for their time. Don't hold a candle to the Yamato stuff as far as detail goes though.

The old stuff does have better playability though. You can play with it and it's fairly sturdy.

The newer stuff is more like model kits that transform and get displayed on a shelf.

Here's someone's picture for comparison.

Last edited by soze; 06-21-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Can i come over and play...LOL
Wish i had this collection

EDIT....
ROBOTECH
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Can i come over and play...LOL
Wish i had this collection

EDIT....
MACROSS
corrected (it's an old jab between Macross fans and Robotech fans as Robotech was just a series where Harmony Gold took 3 different series and mashed them together and called it Robotech).
Old 06-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

It’s not Transformers like all you cool kids, but this is mine. Well, a small part. I have been collecting LEGO for 11 years now & own roughly 515 sets. Foolishly, I sold my childhood sets as I exited high school though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140127837@N03/ Well, there’s my Flickr...I can’t figure out why it’s so small...I’ve changed sizes three times.

Last edited by NoobCrawler; 06-21-2018 at 08:17 PM.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
It’s not Transformers like all you cool kids, but this is mine. Well, a small part. I have been collecting LEGO for 11 years now & own roughly 515 sets. Foolishly, I sold my childhood sets as I exited high school though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140127837@N03/ Well, there’s my Flickr...I can’t figure out why it’s so small...I’ve changed sizes three times.
That is awesome!
Old 06-22-2018, 01:21 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Uncool kid here too! Here's my meager contribution to Team Lego anyway...

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Legos are a ton of fun, just did Lego day with the kids yesterday (have to keep them busy over the summer) However, if you think RC is expensive, Legos can add up pretty quick too. In addition to a big box from when I was a kid (full of space men of course) I bid on 2 25lb lots off Ebay and ended up winning both so we have over 50lbs of loose bricks to play with.

I have the Lego Rock crawler in the shop about 3/4 done - really need to get that finished one of these days.

Post your other Toy Collections - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All CAPO Racing Youtube collections !! rcrun2011 Vendors Market 0 08-20-2015 05:23 PM
Your collections paleblue46 Non Crawler RC's 47 08-13-2013 08:30 PM
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
lets see your lipo collections! STANG KILLA SS Electronics 26 04-30-2011 06:56 PM
Total collections of RC's kailuaboy Chit Chat 1 01-29-2007 06:35 PM