RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Lesson Learned! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/600443-lesson-learned.html)

sherbs 07-13-2018 11:08 AM

Lesson Learned!

I have been had, was complacent. Wanted a kit for the upcoming fall/winter season to build, sold some items on ebay so I had the $$ to buy it. Searched hobby sellers that I had bought from in the past on ebay and found a kit that I thought would be a fun build. Never paid attention to the price, thought is was correct and bought it. Owned it a couple days, decided to get a few upgrades now to do the build with right from the get go. Found out the seller got me for $80 more than retail, $130 more than if I used the last RC4WD discount code. I won't say the seller until they respond back with a explanation. Will update later as I have to give them until Monday to be fair.

Seller replied to my question, "RC4WD does not give us a enough of a discount for us to sell at MAP" was their answer.

BUBBA069 07-13-2018 12:40 PM

Re: Lesson Learned!

wait... just want to make sure I read that right... you're mad at a ebay seller because YOU didn't pay attention to the price?

sherbs 07-13-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUBBA069 (Post 5850974)
wait... just want to make sure I read that right... you're mad at a ebay seller because YOU didn't pay attention to the price?

No, As listed "Lesson Learned" only stating a fact. I became complaisant with this seller because they were always right on the going price. Just a heads up to check $$ before you buy because a curve ball can always sneak in..

TexasSP 07-13-2018 01:22 PM

Seems like simple logic to check the price first, but maybe that's just me.

This one's on you, not the seller, who in my opinion doesn't owe you anything.

sherbs 07-13-2018 01:59 PM

What part of ,I know I should have don't you guys get. It was a simple heads up that may help another from doing the same. The seller advertises as selling at MAP, which it was not, yup I should not have believed their ads.

Shinchu 07-13-2018 10:38 PM

Now you are getting angry with us over blaming yourself just like your ebay experience?

"thumbsup"

Thanks for the lesson, I guess?

sherbs 07-14-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinchu (Post 5851089)
Now you are getting angry with us over blaming yourself just like your ebay experience?

"thumbsup"

Thanks for the lesson, I guess?

Sorry, I do not get angry anymore, Angry was caused by dealing with scum bags at the prison for 28 years, should have retired at 25. Angry only causes a mistake and gets you hurt worse.