Notices

Thread: Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
You guys have a great & safe trip! Super Stoked on the yellow Florida dot! Can't wait to meet you guys! The girls are stoked as well! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread! Have a great day!
Thanks Justin, we are looking forward to giving all of you a hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Ernie,

Enjoy your trip and I pray for safe travels. I hope to one day be able to enjoy time and see the country. None of us are bored with your photos and commentary of your trip. I look forward to your updates.

Ben
Thanks Ben, we need all the help we can get from here and above! I did post a few more pics yesterday.

Marcia and Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
yes, that is plan.

we won't leave California until about the 8th, so probably a week after that...maybe longer.

Marcia and Ernie

Ok in Chico CA this afternoon, and for the night(anyone need anything from A-Main)?

We'll see if pics from yesterday will down load. yep!!
Here are a couple of Jeff, my three grandkids and myself with a little Show &Tell.

Now to see if I can do more than 2 at a time, As Arnold would say "I'll Be Back"!

Mount Shasta, Part of the Pacific Ring of Fire.

These are the falls at McArthur Burney Memorial State Park on CA 89. Great place to put on your bucket list if you are ever in Northern CA. Marcia and I even hiked to the bottom of the falls to get the best photos for you all.

Rated as one of the best falls in NORCAL, not best at what but here you are.

It was a post card setting.

Ernie and Marcia
Ok gang, spent yesterday in Lassen Volcanic National Park, It rained on us a little but was a great day!

Here are a few photos as we made our route through the park.

The high country!

Highest point we travel in the park! Believe me it was all down hill from here.

Spending tonight in California's historic Gold Rush country, a little town called Placerville.
Off to see Natedog and Thim tomorrow and Thursday! Have a good evening!

Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 10-02-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Those falls are epic!
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Hey Ernie, Thanks for takin' us all with you again (sorry Jordan). Hope you guys have another awesome, safe trip. I snatched a couple of your "postcard shots" for my wallpaper, hope you don't mind and keep 'em comin'. Can't wait to see more, we'll just nap in the RV in the meantime.
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Gotta say... I laughed out loud at the first pic of your grandson. That looked like a kid that was NOT on board with the photo shoot lmao!

Absolutely gorgeous photos. I'm already envious of your journey and it has only just begun! Also wanted to mention that when I looked at your route, I noticed that y'all are going to be heading pretty far to the north of Austin but if you do happen to make it down a little closer, please post up. Chelsea and We would still love to meet y'all but we won't be able to make it up to DFW... Waco might be doable ( as I see an orange dot there) but anyway... just let us know as you get closer to Texas. Again... Safe travels!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Those falls are epic!
Thank you friend, it was worth the hike to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr frankenstyle View Post
Hey Ernie, Thanks for takin' us all with you again (sorry Jordan). Hope you guys have another awesome, safe trip. I snatched a couple of your "postcard shots" for my wallpaper, hope you don't mind and keep 'em comin'. Can't wait to see more, we'll just nap in the RV in the meantime.
Thanks Doc, we know we are taking a chance with weather starting this late. But then again the weather has been crazy the last few years anyway!!! Keep thinking good thoughts for us and we will be fine. You use as many photos as you want. That was that lump in the bed last night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Gotta say... I laughed out loud at the first pic of your grandson. That looked like a kid that was NOT on board with the photo shoot lmao!

Absolutely gorgeous photos. I'm already envious of your journey and it has only just begun! Also wanted to mention that when I looked at your route, I noticed that y'all are going to be heading pretty far to the north of Austin but if you do happen to make it down a little closer, please post up. Chelsea and We would still love to meet y'all but we won't be able to make it up to DFW... Waco might be doable ( as I see an orange dot there) but anyway... just let us know as you get closer to Texas. Again... Safe travels!

Thank you, it is going to be hard to out do 2016 photos but here's hoping.
If time and weather are willing we will make the effort to get to Austin to visit with you and Chelsea.

Yes Keaton was a little under the weather and I think he was disappointed that we didn't put batteries in the trucks!

We will keep you in the loop as we get closer!!!

Time to go see Nate and Thim, and I hope Rockhuggger will be able to make it over.

More later,

Marcia and Ernie
Old 10-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Looks like there's a yellow dot in Raleigh...less than an hour from me, would be a shame for Wanda and me not to at least be able to stop by and shake your hands!

-Wyatt
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Burney Falls area suppose to be great swimming, didn’t have time when I was up there last couple times for work. Beautiful pictures and good to see y’all, subscribed!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Well, Marcia and I had a very nice visit with Nate, his wife Thim and Rock hugger!!! Thanks for the great hospitality and showing me your local Hobby Shop, one of the best stocked shops I've been to!

Today we are headed to Hilmar Ca and my 50th class reunion. It is Homecoming weekend so lots of festivities!
I will be back in a couple days!!!
Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 10-07-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Great to see both of you the other evening , Thanks for staying up late with Nate Thim and I. It was great fun telling stories.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
Great to see both of you the other evening , Thanks for staying up late with Nate Thim and I. It was great fun telling stories.

You know how that goes Paul, "Early to bed and late to rise makes us Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise"! Did I get that right??? Oh well, us old fogies need our rest. It was great visiting with you guys, and the stories were great.

Now, moving on!! The Class reunion was great, and got to see a lot of old friends!!!

But this weekend was a huge eye opener to the fact of how precious life really is.

One, was on Friday after the Homecoming Parade. We were headed out to visit one of my cousins in the area and as we rounded a turn and there in front of us is a motor cycle with parts covering both sides of the highway!!! In the middle of all of the parts were a husband and wife that had just hit a SUV. It had happened just before we rounded the turn. Marcia and I were one of the first vehicles there so we block the road and I ran with towels and blankets to the couples. Their son, his wife and friends were riding in the group but weren't involved in the crash. As I approached the couple their son was taking off his belt and putting it around his dads upper leg. Without going into anymore detail his dad will only have one leg the rest of his life. I helped the mother who had a head and leg injury, and who knows what else until the first responder arrive. Then I stepped back out of the way to let them do their job. That whole incident is one of the most gruesome things I have ever seen in my life. So please step back from what ever your doing and think about how precious life is. That whole group of rider's lives have just changed for ever in blink eye. I know it changed mine!!!

The other eye opener is looking at the photos of class mates and friends that have passed since we graduated in 1967. To see this table brought tears to my eyes and made me think about how lucky we are to have our health and are able to even make this trip!!

OH life is so precious!!

On a much lighter subject here are a photos of Donner Lake, about a mile below Donner Pass. Very pretty area!!! If you know your history this is were part of the Donner Party passed through in covered wagons.

This covered wagon works for Marcia and I!!!

Spending the night in Sparks Nevada and will be headed north in the morning.

Thanks for looking,

Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 10-08-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Ernie's Quote "So please step back from what ever your doing and think about how precious life is. That whole group of riders lives have just changed for ever. I know it changed mine!!!"

Words to live by! So true. I believe there must of been a reason you were there to help. Angel of the road is what I would have to say. Now the rest of your journey will be trouble and carefree!
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post

Quote:
It was great visiting with you guys, and the stories were great.

Now, moving on!! The Class reunion was great, and got to see a lot of old friends!!!

OH life is so precious!!

On a much lighter subject here are a photos of Donner Lake, about a mile below Donner Pass. Very pretty area!!! If you know your history this is were part of the Donner Party passed through in covered wagons.

Yes, we had a great time too!

Life is very precious, having been first on the scene before, it's do what has to be done and then retrospect sets in. Life is very precious indeed.

Donner area is beautiful. Paul and I got home from Crawl for a Cure late last night, beautiful area and lots of fun!

Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragenwraith View Post
I believe there must of been a reason you were there to help. Angel of the road is what I would have to say. Now the rest of your journey will be trouble and carefree!

X2
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Now that the lump in my throat has passed... The humanity and integrity of this world still exists because of folks like you and Marcia. Continued safe travels.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragenwraith View Post
Ernie's Quote "So please step back from what ever your doing and think about how precious life is. That whole group of riders lives have just changed for ever. I know it changed mine!!!"

Words to live by! So true. I believe there must of been a reason you were there to help. Angel of the road is what I would have to say. Now the rest of your journey will be trouble and carefree!
Thanks for the kind words, Marcia and I live our lives under the pretense that everything does happen for a reason. I'm sure any one of you guys out there would have done what we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, we had a great time too!

Life is very precious, having been first on the scene before, it's do what has to be done and then retrospect sets in. Life is very precious indeed.

Donner area is beautiful. Paul and I got home from Crawl for a Cure late last night, beautiful area and lots of fun!

Home

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Now that the lump in my throat has passed... The humanity and integrity of this world still exists because of folks like you and Marcia. Continued safe travels.
Thank you my friend, and like I said above, anyone of you would have done the same thing.

Just a little update of today. We did about 6 hours in the covered wagon and we are now in Elko Nevada for the night. We drove on I-80 all day and at one of the rest area there was a little bit of history on a marker.

I-80 takes the same route as the California bound settlers did back in the middle 1800s. It would have taken them 2 weeks to travel the distance we did today in six hours!!!

Traveling through Nevada we see that it has its own unique beauty! But I could have stop and taken a photo every ten miles and they would all looked pretty close to the same.

These were most all taken about 50 or 60 miles apart.

Settled in for the night now, looks like weather may take a change tomorrow.

Marcia and Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 10-08-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Life on the road...
Thanks for telling that story, grusome as it may have been. We need to hear about the ugly parts of life to enjoy the heroism that becomes of it. Thank you Ernie and Marcia. Its not easy to talk about those things but like I said we need to hear sometimes.
I too have been a first responder. Long story short a drunk driver hit the back of my next door neighbors house after a 60 foot jump. Passenger was thrown to driver seat, driver was ejected. Both lived thanks to me and another sailor who happened to be a medic and heard it from almost a block away.
Never got thanked but I didnt need it.
Life is life and you save it any chance you get regardless of who why or how.

Aaaaaaanyway...
Great pics and sounds like you had a good time at the reunion.
Hope to see you both soon!
(Did you get my pm about the care package?)

Hugs
The shinchu family
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #37
Slow is the new Fast

Great stories and beautiful photos. You are seeing it all my friend.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:09 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Any difference in road traffic volume and camp site availability on this trip compared to the last one? This one seems a bit later in the year.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Ernie,

I have been a little out of touch lately. Look forward to seeing you all! You are the best trip document-er.
SHOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Traveling through Nevada we see that it has its own unique beauty! But I could have stop and taken a photo every ten miles and they would all looked pretty close to the same.
My wife and I flew out to Vegas then drove up to Mammoth Lakes, CA for my uncle's wedding several years ago and that was something we definitely noticed about driving in Nevada. It seems like there is always a mountain on the horizon in every direction at all times which is beautiful and a little disorientating.

Safe travels and keep the updates coming whenever you have some spare time and internet service.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Codyboy goes Coast to Coast To Coast V2 2018 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codyboy Coast to Coast to Coast in 45 days!! CODYBOY Chit Chat 180 11-30-2018 11:33 AM
2018 US Nationals East Coast Jslick RC Rock Crawling Nationals 32 08-13-2018 05:49 PM
2018 East Coast Championship - 11th Edition Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 133 06-17-2018 02:02 PM
2018 East Coast Championship 1.9 SORRCA scale June 10th lowridinjuggalo East Coast Championship 5 05-21-2018 08:49 AM