Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ken Block’s Gymkhana TEN 1977 F-150 Hoonitruck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2018, 02:50 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Ken Block’s Gymkhana TEN 1977 F-150 Hoonitruck

I have mud flaps on my impreza. I do some off road driving, but my main reason is because of winter travel. Mud flaps do a great job of keeping the debris that your tires kick up (salt, stones, and whatever else that people in the north put on roads to winterize them) from damaging your paint. In some states, Pennsylvania for example where I travel as well, they apparently haven't got the memo about asphalt, so they instead use tar and chips which are a nightmare on your own vehicle and the others that you pass. Mud Flaps are a must!!! Its the first thing I put on any new vehicle I get.

If we should be poking fun at anyone, how about the guys with lifted trucks, that are fitted with every off road option available... and they never touch dirt. lol They are far worse than any Subaru owner I've ever encountered.
flat6extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

^^^ and here in Texas, at least - they love to wander over to the shoulder so their tires throw rocks and crack your windshield...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat6extreme View Post
I have mud flaps on my impreza. I do some off road driving, but my main reason is because of winter travel. Mud flaps do a great job of keeping the debris that your tires kick up (salt, stones, and whatever else that people in the north put on roads to winterize them) from damaging your paint. In some states, Pennsylvania for example where I travel as well, they apparently haven't got the memo about asphalt, so they instead use tar and chips which are a nightmare on your own vehicle and the others that you pass. Mud Flaps are a must!!! Its the first thing I put on any new vehicle I get.

If we should be poking fun at anyone, how about the guys with lifted trucks, that are fitted with every off road option available... and they never touch dirt. lol They are far worse than any Subaru owner I've ever encountered.
I'm in PA. They use brine more than cinders or tar and chips which rots the car out long before you'll care about some paint nicks.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

8 episodes in on the amazon prime series looks epic in 4k.... And gt40 lemans engine!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat6extreme View Post

yup. PLENTY of those here in san diego.
it really messes with me. i'll see a "nice" jeep that's all set up and then im like waaaait a second... its undercarriage is SPOTLESS... POSER!!!!!!!
then i see a decently setup landy with bare minimum and old dried up mud underneath and im like yesssss that guy gets it!

but yeah i stand by my comment in the new jeep brute thread, its usually the over 40 married women (or divorced and trying to attract a young "bro") trying to be "cool" with lifted jerps that only go mall crawling here in san diego.

anywho yes... lemans GT40 engine! previously used in one of the most prestigious and legendary races of all time... now used for

HOONING!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Ken Block’s Gymkhana TEN 1977 F-150 Hoonitruck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ken Block RC: Christmas Gymkhana! (video) LAboy Non Crawler RC's 0 12-24-2012 10:59 PM
EPIC RC RACE! (Ken Block Gymkhana vs. Nissan 350z) LAboy Non Crawler RC's 2 11-26-2012 11:40 AM
Traxxas 1/16 vxl Ken block gymkhana! Hvrc Rally 27 12-21-2010 12:49 AM