Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Redcat , comin up !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #121
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Redcat , comin up !

I saw a guy that runs a pretty big hobby shop in Canada that is a REDCAT dealer, and said he'll be selling the new GEN8 SCOUT, but is only going to be selling the SCX10.2 & TRX4 by request order only. I agree with what he said about this new REDCAT being a game changer because of all of its nice RTR parts. I have a blue one pre-ordered

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
BackWoods7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #122
I joined the Band!

Both of mine do, along with Traxxas, ECX, LOSI, Vaterra, & some more I can't think of at the moment

Old 12-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #123
I joined the Band!

Not with the already included metal links, metal beadlocks, etc

Old 12-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #124
I joined the Band!

REDCAT always offers a slew of upgrades for their vehicles from in house, something the rest are not good at doing at all

Old 12-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #125
I joined the Band!

This is a completely new design, front to back, top to bottom

Old 12-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #126
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raketemensch View Post
Scheisse, I was just about to pull the trigger on a gen7 pro for Christmas.

I *so* wish this was going to be ready in time, but I’m even happier that they’re not rushing an un-ready POS out for the holiday season.

What to do....
Wait!!! I have a blue GEN8 SCOUT pre-ordered

Old 12-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #127
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoods7 View Post
I saw a guy that runs a pretty big hobby shop in Canada that is a REDCAT dealer, and said he'll be selling the new GEN8 SCOUT, but is only going to be selling the SCX10.2 & TRX4 by request order only. I agree with what he said about this new REDCAT being a game changer because of all of its nice RTR parts. I have a blue one pre-ordered

Saw that same video...basically reading between the lines because he praised the TRX4...is that RedCat appears to be a better hobby shop option because of price point. Amazon and all the online stores are really putting a hurt on the local shops it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VaOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #128
I joined the Band!

I agree, but I do believe REDCAT is about to release a really good R/C, and a Crawler/scaler to boot, and hopefully everyone will embrace it. I saw it driven on FB, SRD LV's page and it's nice. I have a blue one pre-ordered with them. I recently purchased a nice used, highly upgraded SCX10, and yes it is the original version but I am not impressed with the quality even after all the upgrades. I am about to sell it without the body, it did come with a badass metallic orange Jeep body, lots of extra parts, it came with 4 sets of tires already mounted on beadlocks, weighted on the fronts of each set. I am really enjoying building up my TRX4 BRONCO tho. Couple more parts and I will have it close to where I would like it to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaOldSchool View Post
Saw that same video...basically reading between the lines because he praised the TRX4...is that RedCat appears to be a better hobby shop option because of price point. Amazon and all the online stores are really putting a hurt on the local shops it appears.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #129
Pebble Pounder

Default Redcat , comin up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWoods7 View Post
I agree, but I do believe REDCAT is about to release a really good R/C, and a Crawler/scaler to boot, and hopefully everyone will embrace it. I saw it driven on FB, SRD LV's page and it's nice. I have a blue one pre-ordered with them. I recently purchased a nice used, highly upgraded SCX10, and yes it is the original version but I am not impressed with the quality even after all the upgrades. I am about to sell it without the body, it did come with a badass metallic orange Jeep body, lots of extra parts, it came with 4 sets of tires already mounted on beadlocks, weighted on the fronts of each set. I am really enjoying building up my TRX4 BRONCO tho. Couple more parts and I will have it close to where I would like it to be

I’m having fun working on my Bronco as well. I’m to the point now where the next upgrades are going to be costly (Samix, Castle, Holmes, shocks) so I am holding off to see what the Gen8 holds potential wise. If it’s equal to the TRX-4 or better I’ll probably make it my first comp attempt. If it’s not as good it will become my son’s vehicle and I’ll buy a TRX-4 Sport to build strictly for a try at comp crawling. Outside chance at buying a TF2 instead of a sport...but I think the ceiling is higher on the TRX-4. Would love a Vanquish but at their price point I don’t see them capturing enough market share to attract a lot of aftermarket upgrades.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #130

Quote:
I’m having fun working on my Bronco as well. I’m to the point now where the next upgrades are going to be costly (Samix, Castle, Holmes, shocks) so I am holding off to see what the Gen8 holds potential wise. If it’s equal to the TRX-4 or better I’ll probably make it my first comp attempt. If it’s not as good it will become my son’s vehicle and I’ll buy a TRX-4 Sport to build strictly for a try at comp crawling. Outside chance at buying a TF2 instead of a sport...but I think the ceiling is higher on the TRX-4. Would love a Vanquish but at their price point I don’t see them capturing enough market share to attract a lot of aftermarket upgrades.

What aftermarket upgrades would the Vanquish benefit from? It's already a fully aftermarket-upgraded turnkey truck. But, because it's mostly all SCX10-compatible parts, you should still be able to put SCX10 parts on it if you wanted to change any of it. Maybe throw some Integy or STRC parts on instead of that Vanquish junk.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #131
RCC Addict

I'm actually considering both the Gen8 OR a Vanquish Origin. We'll see which one actually ends up on my doorstep.

For the amount of $$ I have tied up in each rig I'm not that put-off by the Origin price. It's just a big chunk to lay out at one time for a toy. [shrug]
Surely not the most expensive toy I've bought in my lifetime though.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #132

I can't see myself buying an Origin. It really is just an all-metal SCX10 with SCX10 II axles. If you're into that thing cool, but I'll wait for the 2.0 with the front motor setup or something different.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #133
RCC Addict

I don't see me ever buying an Origin, I'm not knocking it I just like to spend my money gradually lol
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Default Redcat , comin up !

Soooo I’m curious...I’ve not seen one in person is the VS4-10 perfect, and needs nothing but electronics and motor?

Is it the perfect compilation of parts? I’d like one...because they’re badass lookin... but I really know nothing about them accept what I’ve watched on YouTube.

If they are just a “metal SCX10ii” as mentioned are they heavy?

Can it be improved upon at all, or would anything you replace on it be inferior?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #135
Pebble Pounder

https://youtu.be/GpWIYnGEGEg

Damn this thing looks like RedCat really listened to the crawlers out there ... awesome job

*Waterproof high torque servo with metal horn!

Just why oh why the black windows?!?!?

They must want to sell bodies. That has to be the only reason.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
https://youtu.be/GpWIYnGEGEg

Damn this thing looks like RedCat really listened to the crawlers out there ... awesome job

*Waterproof high torque servo with metal horn!

Just why oh why the black windows?!?!?

They must want to sell bodies. That has to be the only reason.

They went the way they did for simplicity and cost. It's much cheaper to vacu-form a solid color Lexan sheet than to do a painted body after forming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:34 PM   #137
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
They went the way they did for simplicity and cost. It's much cheaper to vacu-form a solid color Lexan sheet than to do a painted body after forming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I wish they had offered a version with a clear body.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:13 AM   #138
RCC Addict

Another look.....
https://youtu.be/z4GyP8sdmsM
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:51 AM   #139
RCC Addict

I like his vids. Is he connected with an entity or just an enthusiast?

Do we know why they aren't selling these yet? Still in development? Or waiting on actual production?

Things I like...
Scout body - something of a different flavor. It has an attractive look to it.
Rigid body mounting and fenders - pretty cool setup. And yeah, radius out the fender flares...what were they thinking?? LOL
Alloy shocks and links with alternate mounting holes for wheelbase changes.
Forward mounted motor
portal axles
Good price point. But I would rather spec some of my own stuff, like esc, radio, wheels and tires, etc.

Things I don't like...
Plastic mounting for steering servo. The bump-steer doesn't bother me as much as all that plastic.
The whole thing seems rather large. I imagine it dwarfs a K10 Ascender. [shrug]
I would likely change out the tire and wheels anyway. For a manufacturer to spend much time and resources on what aftermarket just does so much better doesn't make sense to me. I guess they're fine for a RTR.
What were they thinking on the bulged skid??
Battery is ABOVE the t-case??? What about COG???
Axles and gears seem small, have weak points that were pointed out. Could be failure points.

I would really like to see a kit, or a base rig without body and tires and wheels, even electrics. Let builders create what they want. I guess at this price point it's a good place to jump off from.

Now...when are these going to be available for purchase???
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 AM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
I like his vids. Is he connected with an entity or just an enthusiast?

Do we know why they aren't selling these yet? Still in development? Or waiting on actual production?

Things I like...
Scout body - something of a different flavor. It has an attractive look to it.
Rigid body mounting and fenders - pretty cool setup. And yeah, radius out the fender flares...what were they thinking?? LOL
Alloy shocks and links with alternate mounting holes for wheelbase changes.
Forward mounted motor
portal axles
Good price point. But I would rather spec some of my own stuff, like esc, radio, wheels and tires, etc.

Things I don't like...
Plastic mounting for steering servo. The bump-steer doesn't bother me as much as all that plastic.
The whole thing seems rather large. I imagine it dwarfs a K10 Ascender. [shrug]
I would likely change out the tire and wheels anyway. For a manufacturer to spend much time and resources on what aftermarket just does so much better doesn't make sense to me. I guess they're fine for a RTR.
What were they thinking on the bulged skid??
Battery is ABOVE the t-case??? What about COG???
Axles and gears seem small, have weak points that were pointed out. Could be failure points.

I would really like to see a kit, or a base rig without body and tires and wheels, even electrics. Let builders create what they want. I guess at this price point it's a good place to jump off from.

Now...when are these going to be available for purchase???
Works for Vanquish
soze is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat , comin up ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50% Bulu FJ40 comin' at ya...... toyofast Scale Videos! 11 03-01-2011 08:28 PM
Got some HB tires comin, what foam?? MikeinFresno Newbie General 4 01-20-2011 02:41 PM
comin to salt lake this week! sococrawler Utah 1 09-20-2010 05:57 PM
Betty from hell is comin' to get ya.... Neeley Paint and Body 65 03-04-2009 05:37 AM
The Championships are comin! Bugg_zy Alaska 5 09-28-2008 11:01 PM