Thread: hypocrisy RC4WD desert runner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: hypocrisy RC4WD desert runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Oh stop making sense.

But I have a quota of 3 common sense thoughts a year, it is December and this was my only one so far.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

im waiting for the announcement that ford killed off production of their sedans because of copyright infringement on the raptor...

i think i'll be waiting for a LONG time.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
im waiting for the announcement that ford killed off production of their sedans because of copyright infringement on the raptor...

i think i'll be waiting for a LONG time.
Ford killed off their sedans because they are junk.

But nobody claimed a clone RC would kill a 1:1 brand. The point is what is good for one should be good for all.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ford killed off their sedans because they are junk.
Easy pal. I'd hate to have to clean tiny Kia parts out of my F150's tires.

Here's my 2 cents - I don't know why the Hero has spurred this... No one said boo when RC4WD came out withe the Cruiser - an unlicensed body that kinda -ok really - looks like a Toyota FJ.

Or the flood of unlicensed "China JK" Jeep bodies all over the place.

or the Blackfoot body that WAS originally licensed by Ford, but isn't anymore but still looks the same. Same with the Clod (except not as cool because it's a Chevy)

and on and on. There's tons of unlicensed bodies out there.

Interestingly JConcepts came out with a Raptor body for the Slash - First RC Raptor body IIRC. However, they did not officially license it, or jumped the gun and Ford clamped down on them. It disappeared for a while, and came back as the Gladiator with a different decal sheet.

JConcepts is an American company though - that's the difference. JD models is based...well, who knows where. Somewhere with a lot of rice I'd guess. IP laws are notoriously difficult to enforce overseas. I suspect if they could, Ford would indeed clamp down on them too.
OSRC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Easy pal. I'd hate to have to clean tiny Kia parts out of my F150's tires.

Here's my 2 cents - I don't know why the Hero has spurred this... No one said boo when RC4WD came out withe the Cruiser - an unlicensed body that kinda -ok really - looks like a Toyota FJ.

Or the flood of unlicensed "China JK" Jeep bodies all over the place.

or the Blackfoot body that WAS originally licensed by Ford, but isn't anymore but still looks the same. Same with the Clod (except not as cool because it's a Chevy)

and on and on. There's tons of unlicensed bodies out there.

Interestingly JConcepts came out with a Raptor body for the Slash - First RC Raptor body IIRC. However, they did not officially license it, or jumped the gun and Ford clamped down on them. It disappeared for a while, and came back as the Gladiator with a different decal sheet.

JConcepts is an American company though - that's the difference. JD models is based...well, who knows where. Somewhere with a lot of rice I'd guess. IP laws are notoriously difficult to enforce overseas. I suspect if they could, Ford would indeed clamp down on them too.
Come on, nobody wants to drive Ford sedans. That's why you don't own any! Give me a Mustang or a Raptor and I'll be your best friend for life, but I don't really care about the rest. Oh and don't knock Kia until you try it. I can see you in a Soul!

I didn't know the Cruiser wasn't branded. Odd.

Maybe this post came about because the Hero is a blatant copy of a Ford that is currently in production? He's right about the hypocrisy. The brand snobs are the first to knock clones and then accept things like this. I don't care either way because I understand this is just part of the modern world and it's no money out of my pocket.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Maybe this post came about because the Hero is a blatant copy of a Ford that is currently in production? He's right about the hypocrisy. The brand snobs are the first to knock clones and then accept things like this. I don't care either way because I understand this is just part of the modern world and it's no money out of my pocket.

Bingo
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:

That is the answer right there.
redemon is offline   Reply With Quote

hypocrisy RC4WD desert runner - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coming soon RC4WD desert runner Frank211 General Scale Talk 188 02-22-2020 11:02 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW the RC4WD Desert Runner RTR/ARTR! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-26-2018 11:53 AM
Ballistic17's Wraith Build (Desert Runner) Ballistic17 Axial Wraith 46 06-09-2016 02:15 PM