Thread: What do we have here 2020 Ford Bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default What do we have here 2020 Ford Bronco

Pic in google pics....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1z5pFH9sSKnodGHL6

https://jalopnik.com/2020-ford-baby-...tro-1830408859

This will be interesting, for a future body.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What do we have here 2020 Ford Bronco

Looks like the FJ Cruiser and a Ford Flex hand angry sex.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Looks like the FJ Cruiser and a Ford Flex hand angry sex.
After your comment, I couldn't help but think of this:
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I clicked the Google app thing and it was just a picture of a 90s bronco.
Am I doing it wrong?

Baby bronco is stupid. It's for people with babies who want a bronco. Oddly enough I fit that criteria perfectly but I refuse to accept that hideous thing as a bronco.
Dude on jalopnik nailed when he said weird flex.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
I clicked the Google app thing and it was just a picture of a 90s bronco.
Am I doing it wrong?

Baby bronco is stupid. It's for people with babies who want a bronco. Oddly enough I fit that criteria perfectly but I refuse to accept that hideous thing as a bronco.
Dude on jalopnik nailed when he said weird flex.
I think the Bronco concept looks cool. And remember, we had Ranger sized Broncos in the 90's so it's nothing new.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Not bad, not exactly what I was hoping for but it’s good for a modern take.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

just to be clear, ford will have at least 2 versions of the bronco. maybe more. 1 to be like the original bronco everyone wants (think wrangler killer), and this "name TBD" currently referred to as the "baby bronco" as its said it might be built on a focus chassis. (read: its small for a 4 door SUV)

all that said, i stand by my earlier comment. baby bronco is stupid. if its got 4 doors its no longer a bronco.
and yes we had the bronco II but even that only had 2 doors. big broncos were rad too because... say it with me now... TWO DOORS.

is this how jeep guys felt when the 4 door wrangler unlimited was announced? i mean at least it still looks like a wrangler. this baby bronco is only slightly resembling because of the headlights. the other 99% is full of WTF.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

The four door Wrangler is still a full on Wrangler, it just has two extra doors. The Ford thing will be an IFS bastardization of the original, watch and see.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
all that said, i stand by my earlier comment. baby bronco is stupid. if its got 4 doors its no longer a bronco.
and yes we had the bronco II but even that only had 2 doors. big broncos were rad too because... say it with me now... TWO DOORS.
Ford's goal is to actually compete with the Wrangler and Jeep sells 4 JKUs for every 2 door JK. A 2 door Bronco would almost certainty be fated for discontinuation quickly if it was the sole option.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'll have to wait and see more pictures. I'm not sold on those pictures yet.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #11

Quote:
just to be clear, ford will have at least 2 versions of the bronco. maybe more. 1 to be like the original bronco everyone wants (think wrangler killer), and this "name TBD" currently referred to as the "baby bronco" as its said it might be built on a focus chassis. (read: its small for a 4 door SUV)

is this how jeep guys felt when the 4 door wrangler unlimited was announced? i mean at least it still looks like a wrangler. this baby bronco is only slightly resembling because of the headlights. the other 99% is full of WTF.
If Americans were as cool as they used to be we'd still have 2-door trucks. These days it's hard to find a truck that isn't at least 3 doors.

And if Americans were as cool as they used to be the Dodge Dart wouldn't be a FWD econobox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Ford's goal is to actually compete with the Wrangler and Jeep sells 4 JKUs for every 2 door JK. A 2 door Bronco would almost certainty be fated for discontinuation quickly if it was the sole option.
Sadly, this is true.

When Jeep made the Wrangler into an alternative to the soccer mom's minivan and called it the Unlimited I knew it was all downhill from there.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
If Americans were as cool as they used to be we'd still have 2-door trucks. These days it's hard to find a truck that isn't at least 3 doors.

And if Americans were as cool as they used to be the Dodge Dart wouldn't be a FWD econobox.

Sadly, this is true.

When Jeep made the Wrangler into an alternative to the soccer mom's minivan and called it the Unlimited I knew it was all downhill from there.
That has zero to do with how cool we are, and everything to do with the demographics of what sells, or what the company thinks will sell. Come down here where I live, where most people are poor as ****, and you'll see a lot of newer two door trucks, even new ones on the lot because that's what people can afford with the average pay scale here. Hell, look close enough and you may even find some with not many options.

The Dodge things is because they chose to use the muscle car image on things like the Charger and Challenger and they needed other shit boxes to offset the mileage ratings on those cars to meet EPA minimum MPG figures.

Again, the JKU is still a full on Wrangler, not sure why you guys are confused about this or think it's some kind of minivan in a Wrangler skin. It literally has the same driveline, etc as the two door. It's just a helluva lot more useable for 90% of the people buying Wranglers.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

You just need to move south man. It's all those yankees and hipsters that are skewing things for you. Meh, we'll agree to disagree. A 2 door Wrangler would be useless as shit to me. Hell some of my gun cases won't even fit in one FFS. The four doors don't look great from the factory, but neither does the base model 2 door. Lifted, I think the four door looks better than the two door, and is a helluva lot more practical and useful. I don't have enough money to blow on a weekend trail toy, so the two door has zero appeal to me.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
That has zero to do with how cool we are, and everything to do with the demographics of what sells, or what the company thinks will sell. Come down here where I live, where most people are poor as ****, and you'll see a lot of newer two door trucks, even new ones on the lot because that's what people can afford with the average pay scale here. Hell, look close enough and you may even find some with not many options.

The Dodge things is because they chose to use the muscle car image on things like the Charger and Challenger and they needed other shit boxes to offset the mileage ratings on those cars to meet EPA minimum MPG figures.

Again, the JKU is still a full on Wrangler, not sure why you guys are confused about this or think it's some kind of minivan in a Wrangler skin. It literally has the same driveline, etc as the two door. It's just a helluva lot more useable for 90% of the people buying Wranglers.
Americans are less cool. I don't think there's any denying that!

Trucks have so many doors up here because people use them as grocery getters. Sure, the extra doors are also handy for work purposes, but most trucks on the road never get dirty unless you count ice cream on the back seat from Bratty McJunior.

Oh and Wranglers should be 2 doors - always! I realize they have the same underpinnings, but the Unlimited versions look like ass. If you want a 4 door Jeep they make the Cherokee. And I call them minivans because that's what they are up here - kid carriers for soccer moms that don't want the minivan image.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #15

Quote:
You just need to move south man. It's all those yankees and hipsters that are skewing things for you. Meh, we'll agree to disagree. A 2 door Wrangler would be useless as shit to me. Hell some of my gun cases won't even fit in one FFS. The four doors don't look great from the factory, but neither does the base model 2 door. Lifted, I think the four door looks better than the two door, and is a helluva lot more practical and useful. I don't have enough money to blow on a weekend trail toy, so the two door has zero appeal to me.
Fixed my post and it got below your response.

Anyway, that's why they make so many flavors. We don't all like the same shit!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

you guys are proving my point, whether you know it or not.
yes the 4 door is still capable but you know some of the purists lost their collective poop when it was announced. because soccer moms. and its true, at least 7 out of 10 unlimited jeeps i see here in san diego are driven by women. nothing wrong with that, just facts. but... at least its still a wrangler.
this bronco... thing... is not a bronco.
"but shinchu, yes it is! look at the badge!"
no. its a friggin explorer shrunk down and falsely advertised to make the sales. its more competitive to the jeep renegade. haha actually i'd be entertained to see a shootout between those to for most capable 4wd crap box.

i kinda feel the same way about this as i do the new blazer. yuck.

however im still onboard the bronco reboot, but only to see the actual bronco. not this 4 door abomination.

*bonus fact: i call them dodge Fart.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The four door Wrangler is still a full on Wrangler, it just has two extra doors. The Ford thing will be an IFS bastardization of the original, watch and see.
Lets get one thing straight in this thread, although I own a 2 door JK, its very built on 40s, its still not a jeep. Its a built up Fiat. The 4 doors are just mini vans on steroids. The last jeep was a TJ/LJ.

As for the bronco, its all speculation still. I'm a Ford sales manager and nothing is set in stone or decided. Same with the "Focus Active", although most of us see a subaru crosstrek competitor in the making, we could all be very wrong. The Bronco I doubt is going to be intended for folks as a primary vehicle, much like the mustang isn't either. If they sell out and make it IFS and 4 door, they'll be missing the mark, and the name and line will suffer. I, like many others, am hoping for a solid axle, removeable top, two door Bronco. We shall see.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Lets get one thing straight in this thread, although I own a 2 door JK, its very built on 40s, its still not a jeep. Its a built up Fiat. The 4 doors are just mini vans on steroids. The last jeep was a TJ/LJ.

Sheesh. Everyone knows that the last Jeep was the CJ.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post

As for the bronco, its all speculation still. I'm a Ford sales manager and nothing is set in stone or decided. Same with the "Focus Active", although most of us see a subaru crosstrek competitor in the making, we could all be very wrong. The Bronco I doubt is going to be intended for folks as a primary vehicle, much like the mustang isn't either. If they sell out and make it IFS and 4 door, they'll be missing the mark, and the name and line will suffer. I, like many others, am hoping for a solid axle, removeable top, two door Bronco. We shall see.

we just might get that. at least that's what i read from this...

https://jalopnik.com/1830415587

btw i think its awesome that even the people at ford (dealerships) have no idea whats going on with the bronco. suspense!

Last edited by Shinchu; 11-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post

Sheesh. Everyone knows that the last Jeep was the CJ.
an argument can be made for that, with the use of puegot transmissions in YJs, but I still think the TJ/LJ/XJ with the inline 6 258 were a good representation of Jeep as a brand. I personally agree with your assessment and am a huge CJ buff, having owned several, and will own more, but I didn't want to offend.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote

What do we have here 2020 Ford Bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020 Toyota Supra Prototype STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 18 10-05-2018 08:36 PM
Ford Bronco .... Yes ! Frank211 Traxxas TRX-4 68 02-28-2018 04:16 AM
1.9 '73 Ford Bronco Mr. Burpsalot 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-08-2009 09:39 AM
78 Ford Bronco 666 General Scale Talk 6 09-18-2008 08:40 PM
Ford Bronco zumzum5150 Videos! 1 08-28-2007 08:10 AM