Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is our President for real????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2018, 03:24 PM   #61

Default Re: Is our President for real????

The last presidential election was my first as a voter. I voted for who I thought was the best of all candidates for the job of helping run, and representing our country. The biggest thing now we can do as Americans is to think, read,and voice our opinions at the polls. I voted for Mr Trump, and I am proud of my decision. Sure, there are things that I would have done differently, but if everyone thought the same as me it would be a boring world. My biggest point of interest is the wellbeing of my country, including the people inhabiting it.
brokemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2018, 04:13 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

I guess nowadays its just too much to ask to go ONE day, just one day... without our leader spewing hateful comments towards one of his own countrymen. The unwillingness to learn anything, the inability to accept any criticism whatsoever without deflecting blame onto someone else, the blatant lies exposed (mexico will pay for wall) show him now as the all-hat and no cattle fraud that he always was. We even found out that he sucks at business and has money now just by being propped up by $$$ shoveled to him via his dad's tax dodging schemes. He was a fraud that fooled the most gullible of us and as it all unravels they will blame democrats for blocking his endeavors etc.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

I am no longer able to vote, though i personally think it should be mandated by law that you must vote.
But i have absolutely no respect for the established parties, even the newcomers that are pretty new.
I am not personally able to form a new party, as i don't think my mental faculties can handle that level of exposure to my fellow Danes ( which i have never liked much )
BUT ! in am active skimming the fringes of politics in hope for something new to vote on, but so far no luck as i have only found extremists or posers with only a little to offer.
I would prefer to move to a new country, and though the level of stupid would probably be just as great there, then my personal decency would make it easy for me to disregard that as i can just tell myself " well you are new here, moved here on your own choosing, and there are a lot of good things here too and that's why you moved here"
So accepting the local rules and politics should not be a problem for the few years i expect to live still.
Where i am born and live we also have a lot of good things, but i am no longer able to disregard the increasing number of bad things.
Basically i am turning into a grumpy old man, as age make it more and more easy to take the shortcut and be a idiot, cuz it is much harder to be a nice guy.

I do not like that when a American president play tantrum elephant in a fine china store, cuz it totally screw up gas prices here as one of the first things, and gas right now are at a year long low.
You guys trow around too much weight to act like a little child, much more easy to deal with a little Country having a tantrum.

Last edited by Peaker; 11-25-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #64
RCC Addict

So, we brought politics to RCC. How nice. At least we know who the players are, huh??

I'm going to unsubscribe as soon as this posts.

I will say this...The Donald is a shoe-in for another term, so just deal with it.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:50 AM   #65
RCC Addict

It's refreshing to read through a thread like this and not have to cringe. Seems like every forum has [had] some type of political off-topic thread and pretty much all the ones I've seen spiraled downhill quickly... immaturity, insults, endless arguing, etc. I guess that's just one of the nice things about the folks here on RCC. Pretty cool to be part of a community that doesn't divide itself and perpetuate hostility, resentment, etc despite this kind of topic. Much respect, y'all.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:34 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
So, we brought politics to RCC. How nice. At least we know who the players are, huh??
You are probably new to RCC.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
It's refreshing to read through a thread like this and not have to cringe. Seems like every forum has [had] some type of political off-topic thread and pretty much all the ones I've seen spiraled downhill quickly... immaturity, insults, endless arguing, etc. I guess that's just one of the nice things about the folks here on RCC. Pretty cool to be part of a community that doesn't divide itself and perpetuate hostility, resentment, etc despite this kind of topic. Much respect, y'all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
You are probably new to RCC.

Hey Stu, I started this thread in hopes of helping some of us understand more about this issue. For the most part most everyone has shared their points of view without a lot of debate or feeling like they are being attacked or put down for posting their opinion!!!

I know I have learned a little more from all points of view on how we think he is running our Great Country. If we agree or disagree doesn't matter, what matters is moving on from here. Our government system is broken, causing all of this bantering across aisles. It seems that protecting the Democratic and Republican Party line have become more important than doing what's best for our Country!!

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-27-2018 at 01:40 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post

I'm going to unsubscribe as soon as this posts.

I will say this...The Donald is a shoe-in for another term, so just deal with it.

Hey Chris, If you go back and read some of the different topics in chit chat you will find many threads with topics like this. That's why I started it here and not in one of my builds or info threads.

I stated in the beginning of this thread that I didn't want it to be a big debate, but only a sharing of and opinion maybe why! Sorry that you don't agree with that I know you would have some great input!

Sorry we didn't make it through Southern Cal to see guys on our way home from out trip. Maybe we can get together next year!

Ernie and Marcia.

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-27-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Here is my take on things. And is goes for any left or right. Any person commenting, or reading this thread keeping to yourself. We are all manipulated daily. Our media outlets have all become just a shade above the "National Inquirer" when it comes to politics, or anything that could be taken to sway the masses to or fro politically. Don't be a lamb. Watch the liberal take, watch the conservative take. Try and find any semblance of fact you can within any of it, and use your judgement. If anyone here thinks any of the far left or far right diatribe is totally accurate and unbiased, think again.

I also didn't vote. I am a highly educated person with an IQ that would rate among the top percent. I refuse to be manipulated. Neither candidate was worth a single vote, let alone the masses votes. I refuse to be forced or guilt forced into choosing the less of two evils, simply because men and women have died to give me the right to do so. They also gave me the right to decide for myself when none of the choices are worth the check mark. Don't be fools. One man doesn't make or break this country, the masses do. We need to come together as a people and decide what we're going to make this generation all about.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

You know the elevator scene in The Shining?

That is his presidency, except for blood it's shit.

The blatant lies, the fact that he hired people for cabinet positions based on how they look, the attacks on fellow Americans who simply disagree with him (even those who lost their kids in war) using his position of power to vilify the weak, the xenophobia so the rednecks can feel good about hating on brown people....

Just one big river of SHIT pouring towards us everyday...

1) "He works hard": He has spent MORE time golfing in TWO years than Obama spent in 8 years.

2) "He's a guy who I'd like to have a drink with": He does not drink and since he only talk about himself?

I include the last two because that's HOW DEEP THE DELUSION RUNS- even obvious shit like that -pointing out the deepest hypocrisy- doesn't matter to those invested in such a inept scheme/ moron.

Last edited by Habanero; 11-27-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:17 AM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I’ve always enjoyed political discussions here, even just reading them, because we almost always keep it civil. A few e-head butting here & there, but nothing too bad. I love reading all the different sides we have here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Here is my take on things. And is goes for any left or right. Any person commenting, or reading this thread keeping to yourself. We are all manipulated daily. Our media outlets have all become just a shade above the "National Inquirer" when it comes to politics, or anything that could be taken to sway the masses to or fro politically. Don't be a lamb. Watch the liberal take, watch the conservative take. Try and find any semblance of fact you can within any of it, and use your judgement. If anyone here thinks any of the far left or far right diatribe is totally accurate and unbiased, think again.
This is what I do. I watch mostly Fox News because I’m more conservative...but I also watch CNN. Tried watching MSNBC, but they’re too whack-a-doodle for me. I take each of the talking heads opinions, read more about the story of its interesting enough to me & go from there.

As for manipulation, look no further than how this caravan is being portrayed. CNN/MSNBC is claiming the women & children angle, while Fox is acknowledging them, but highlighting it’s mostly males. I was surprised to see one clip from n MSNBC talking head on the ground, he said he’s come upon mostly males...I bet he lost his job.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

I need help - can anyone point out what is false in this article?

I am not sure about the facts (not talking about opinions) but I do believe those here who know more about politics - especially the GOP politics - will be able to help me discover the "fake news" in this story.

Thank you very much!

https://www.thenation.com/article/gm...ichigan-trump/

Axial Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:40 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axial Rose View Post

I need help - can anyone point out what is false in this article?

I am not sure about the facts (not talking about opinions) but I do believe those here who know more about politics - especially the GOP politics - will be able to help me discover the "fake news" in this story.

Thank you very much!

https://www.thenation.com/article/gm...ichigan-trump/

Left side says the tarrifs killed them
Right side says they were on a downward trend long ago and this was in the works.

I don't have the time to go over details of financial reports and what not to care enough. I not in the market for a new vehicle or employed by the Auto industry. Amazon is the only company that acknowledges it will eventually fail. Everyone else is in denial and thinks the blame can be placed on someone or something. The market evolves and closures are inevitable
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

GM should have and would have closed most if not all of their plants 10 years ago but they were "too big to fail" so the tax payers picked up the tab to keep them going. They're finally doing what the market had been telling them to do all along and they're failing.

Seems there will still he jobs paying twice what the job is worth soon with dodge bringing more positions to Michigan.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...ico/109373632/
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:35 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

My thoughts on the report...……...First let me say that making unkeepable promises during campaigning is not something that Trump invented! Having said that, this report is not "Fake News" and kind of represents my thoughts on why I don't have much faith in the path that MR Trump is leading us down. His attitude toward Climate change is another issues that is really troubling me. He refuses to believe 13 government back scientific agencies reports on the damage that is facing us! His PERSONAL beliefs are going to impact our world for many years. And all because he can't swallow his pride and admit that he may have been wrong. If some has proof that his thoughts are rights please share them with the rest of us!
Ernie
Old 11-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Climate change is a boondoggle. Are humans having an impact on the planet? Sure, too any major extent? I doubt it and so do a lot of (non .Gov funded) scientists. When the majority scientists are bought & owned by the .Gov that funds them and face funding cuts if the results aren't aligned with the story being sold and people behind the scenes such as good ol George Soros owns the companies that will be most profitable if certain legislation comes down the pipe you gotta take a step back and realize you're getting played.

GM should have been allowed to fail, here is another genius idea they came up with to increase the managements bottom line.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gm-boug...inkId=60253691

Last edited by WHITE-TRASH; 11-28-2018 at 09:52 AM.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Most scientist, even government backed, will come to agreement that if the United States would join in with the majority of the world on the climate change issue, collectively, we would have less than a 1% overall change effect.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Climate change is a boondoggle. Are humans having an impact on the planet? Sure, too any major extent? I doubt it and so do a lot of (non .Gov funded) scientists. When the majority scientists are bought & owned by the .Gov that funds them and face funding cuts if the results aren't aligned with the story being sold and people behind the scenes such as good ol George Soros owns the companies that will be most profitable if certain legislation comes down the pipe you gotta take a step back and realize you're getting played.

GM should have been allowed to fail, here is another genius idea they came up with to increase the managements bottom line.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gm-boug...inkId=60253691
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Most scientist, even government backed, will come to agreement that if the United States would join in with the majority of the world on the climate change issue, collectively, we would have less than a 1% overall change effect.

Ok, good points! But Gm is just a small part of the impact of the newly imposed tariffs on industry. ( And I agree, GM made there bed long ago and now have to sleep in it). If the tariffs are truly to save the us money, and equalize trade imbalances it looks to me like we are cutting off our noses to spite our face! I' not as well read as some of you and or as intelligent as some but I have enough common sense to filter some of the pros and cons of the issue. I still look at this thread as informational and I'm open minded so please help us understand why the tariffs are good for the economy in a long term basis.

As far as global climate change, I don't think the increased intensity of storms and weather we have endured the last few years in the Midwest and East, and wild fire size and intensities in the west and northwest is a natural phenomenon! If this is just one % change, I'm not looking forward to 3 or 4 % change.
Ernie

I thought is was a good read in a chit chat thread during the 2016 elections. It talks about the historic life span of a Democratic Government.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9...Jy.xv8k_uhPRQ-

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-28-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
2) "He's a guy who I'd like to have a drink with"
I've always hated that saying. We are talking about the leader of one of the most powerful nations on earth. I consider myself an intelligent and well informed person. I want my president to be a whole hell of a lot smarter than me. I don't want to be able to "relate" to him/her. I want them to be on a completely different level, intellectually.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Sometimes really smart people are really really dumb though. Not %100 of the time but sometimes, I've seen really smart people stumble around the simplest problem trying to over analyze it when simple common sense wins.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumb mfs

Is our President for real???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Give me real reviews, from real owners, exceed mad torque 6x6 Misfit650 Multi Axle Rigs 10 12-29-2015 11:47 PM
If we had an Italian President prusik333 Chit Chat 5 11-26-2010 09:21 AM
Columbia President "Insults" Iranian President ThinkTank Chit Chat 17 09-26-2007 10:08 AM
Our President... BGGruff Chit Chat 2 08-30-2007 08:49 AM