Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is our President for real????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Is our President for real????

Did you vote for him, and would you do it again knowing what he has done or not done in the last year.

I'm not a political person, and don't want to get into a big debate with some, I just want to understand why some of you think he is the best thing since sliced pie?

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is our President for real????

All politics aside, I wish he would treat and represent his position of office of the greatest nation with more respect and dignity.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I don't get it either really. I love my country as much as the next person (partially disabled combat vet), but not to the exclusion of all other human beings.

I don't think he's quite as bad as some on the far left would have us believe, but he's pretty bad, imo.

Absolutely no decorum whatsoever....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
All politics aside, I wish he would treat and represent his position of office of the greatest nation with more respect and dignity.

And I thought I was the only one who feels that way!
Old 11-21-2018, 11:05 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Well, I voted for him. For one thing, there was no way I could vote for Clinton, but that was a very minor influencer. He wasn’t my first choice, but I like how he speaks. That’s a bit of a doubje edged sword, but the overreactions or straight twisting what he says is worse than what he actually said. Back to why...on the campaign trail, he felt like the better choice, he spoke to America, not a particular section of it.

As far as him running this country, I’d say we’re doing great. Far better certainly than his opposition keeps trying to tell us. Society’s problems that people are trying to lay at his feet have been happening for decades, so it’s laughabke that people blame him.

As for his mouth...I’m not the toyed of person who gets offended over words, so he doesn’t really bother me in that sense. There are things I don’t like or wonder why he would word things the way he does sometimes. But, going back to what I said earlier, people overreact or twist what he says constantly. They make it about race far too much to be believable. I’ll use the “dog” comment directed at Omarosa as some racial attack. A two second look at Google will show you that he has used that same phrase on numerous white men as well. For whatever reason, he has to hit back, more often than not, when someone takes a jab at him...no matter who that person tends to be. I’m not going to attempt to armchair psyche him & assume why, but that seems how he is. People love it just as much as others hate it. I’m on the fence about it. I feel he should pick his battles more carefully.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the job he’s done so far. I just wish his critics would come back down to Earth & live in reality.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:59 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Not from the US but maybe an outside perspective helps:

Trump didn't win, Clinton lost.

She had that election in the pocket, all she had to do was beat a narcissistic buffoon and she failed at that simple task, mostly because people under 30yo thought she was a space lizard.
A lot of people voted for Trump simply because he's not Clinton.

Besides all that, it's very sad to see people still supporting Trump.
He embarrasses himself weekly and is becoming a great example for how seemingly rational populations allow dictatorships to rise up.

Last edited by zanthrax; 11-22-2018 at 08:58 AM.
zanthrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #7

He was by no means my first chioce among the Republican candidates, but there was no way I was voting for Hillary. Since he got elected, I'm absolutely thrilled with how he's doing. Useless government regulations have been eliminated, the economy is booming, unemployment is super low, my paycheck is bigger, and we already have 2 new SCOTUS judges, with a 3rd likely, and 29 lower level judges. He gave the finger to NATO and the UN, eliminated ISIS, renegotiated NAFTA, ended the Iran Nuke deal and more. I couldn't be more pleased with his progress in only 2 years.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I voted for him and will vote for him again. In my opinion he is the hardest working president we have had in a long time. He has done more for our country in 2 years than most presidents have done in 4 or 8. I have gotta big raise at work and we have work on the books to keep us busy for the next year. My taxes have gone down and I see more help wanted sings than ever before. He is putting America first which has not been done for a long time. Yeah he is not like any president we have seen but he is not a politician he is a business man that knows how to get things done. I like how he uses Twitter to bypass the fake news and is not afraid to fight back. I look more at his actions than his words. The whole time he is being obstructed by the left and media but just keeps fighting to make America great again. He is making better trade deals and trying to keep out people who do not deserve to be here. He is not afraid to call a spade a spade and cares less about political correctness which I really like.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #9
Gold Star Baby!

Ahhh. Damnit Mopar mans post has me really wanting to rip into it but it’s too early. All I can say is, boy that echo chamber is deep when your head is in the sand.

How many last straws do you need?

He’s a dangerous man not just because of the military power idling behind his dangerous words, but moreso because of his ability to indoctrinate as we see in exhibit A above. To really believe those things you have to have your eyes closed so tight and be so willfully ignorant of the world it is appalling. But here we are.

The scary part is he’s started a movement that won’t disappear after his term is over, the opposition needs to find an identity and one with some common ground before it gets further out of hand. People think he’s dumb but they are wrong. Trump is the master manipulator and knows exactly how to use his words to rile up the phobias and insecurities that have been sending our country backwards.

Inverted totalitarianism at best, fascism at worst. Neither is good for our country.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Psychology matters.

You can read the book 'Rich dad Poor dad' by Robert Kiyosaki to understand it better.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Well, I voted for him. For one thing, there was no way I could vote for Clinton, but that was a very minor influencer. He wasn’t my first choice, but I like how he speaks. That’s a bit of a doubje edged sword, but the overreactions or straight twisting what he says is worse than what he actually said. Back to why...on the campaign trail, he felt like the better choice, he spoke to America, not a particular section of it.

As far as him running this country, I’d say we’re doing great. Far better certainly than his opposition keeps trying to tell us. Society’s problems that people are trying to lay at his feet have been happening for decades, so it’s laughabke that people blame him.

As for his mouth...I’m not the toyed of person who gets offended over words, so he doesn’t really bother me in that sense. There are things I don’t like or wonder why he would word things the way he does sometimes. But, going back to what I said earlier, people overreact or twist what he says constantly. They make it about race far too much to be believable. I’ll use the “dog” comment directed at Omarosa as some racial attack. A two second look at Google will show you that he has used that same phrase on numerous white men as well. For whatever reason, he has to hit back, more often than not, when someone takes a jab at him...no matter who that person tends to be. I’m not going to attempt to armchair psyche him & assume why, but that seems how he is. People love it just as much as others hate it. I’m on the fence about it. I feel he should pick his battles more carefully.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the job he’s done so far. I just wish his critics would come back down to Earth & live in reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanthrax View Post
Not from the US but maybe an outside perspective helps:

Trump didn't win, Clinton lost.

She had that election in the pocket, all she had to do was beat a narcissistic buffoon and she failed at that simple task, mostly because people under 30yo thought she was a space lizard.
A lot of people voted for Trump simply because he's not Clinton.

Besides all that, it's very sad to see people still supporting Trump.
He embarrasses himself weekly and is becoming a great example for how seemingly rational populations allow dictatorships to rise up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
He was by no means my first chioce among the Republican candidates, but there was no way I was voting for Hillary. Since he got elected, I'm absolutely thrilled with how he's doing. Useless government regulations have been eliminated, the economy is booming, unemployment is super low, my paycheck is bigger, and we already have 2 new SCOTUS judges, with a 3rd likely, and 29 lower level judges. He gave the finger to NATO and the UN, eliminated ISIS, renegotiated NAFTA, ended the Iran Nuke deal and more. I couldn't be more pleased with his progress in only 2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
I voted for him and will vote for him again. In my opinion he is the hardest working president we have had in a long time. He has done more for our country in 2 years than most presidents have done in 4 or 8. I have gotta big raise at work and we have work on the books to keep us busy for the next year. My taxes have gone down and I see more help wanted sings than ever before. He is putting America first which has not been done for a long time. Yeah he is not like any president we have seen but he is not a politician he is a business man that knows how to get things done. I like how he uses Twitter to bypass the fake news and is not afraid to fight back. I look more at his actions than his words. The whole time he is being obstructed by the left and media but just keeps fighting to make America great again. He is making better trade deals and trying to keep out people who do not deserve to be here. He is not afraid to call a spade a spade and cares less about political correctness which I really like.

OK guys, thanks for your thoughts!! Like I said, I didn't start this thread to create a big debate, but to try and help some of us understand why he has your favor.

I'm a registered Republican but didn't vote for either candidate. I can't stand the thought that he has to be such a bully to anyone that disagrees with him. It seems that he sometimes speaks before he has time to digest the aftermath of what he is saying!! And why does he feel the need to give anyone who speaks out against him a negative nick name. As I see it he was born with that golden spoon in his mouth and has no idea how everyday common America lives. I don't think he has the ability for common sense reasoning. Hope you at least respect my thoughts on how he scares me and fear for the road he is leading this great country down. It will be interesting to hear how all of us think about this time in history 20 years from now!!

Ernie
Old 11-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I'd like to add, that in my opinion, money is not the only thing that is important. I think taking care of our planet, treating people with respect, and not fanning the flames of division are also pretty important, and are things that he utterly fails at...

"I (or others) have more more money (jobs/taxes/etc) so he can do whatever he wants" is something we seem to hear a lot from his supporters...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Like I said in my post it is my opinion and I can except your and every one else’s opinion. One thing that makes this country so great is we all can have our own opinions and beliefs.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post

I'm a registered Republican but didn't vote for either candidate.

Ernie
Did you say you didn't vote At all?
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Did you say you didn't vote At all?

I did, to be able to vote is a privilege, and I didn't feel I could use it to vote for someone I didn't believe in. I stated in the thread we had on here during the elections that I was willing to give him my support if I felt he deserved it!!!

Ernie
Old 11-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Common sense falls above respect and dignity.

When you understand what's right and what's wrong and you have a strong desire to implement change, you do not worry about dignity and respect. You simply get the job done irrespective of sensitive feelings in the masses.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:16 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I'm with Ernie on this one. I didnt vote at all because I didnt care for either of them. (I would also consider myself republican if that means anything)

That's all I have to say about that.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

When you understand what's right and what's wrong and you have a strong desire to implement change, you do not worry about dignity and respect. You simply get the job done irrespective of sensitive feelings in the masses.

No debate, but I disagree.
The desire to implement change is a good thing, but...……...it's some of his choices for change that I have a concern with. One would be his thoughts that climate change isn't happening! Just one example is the terrible fires we have been having in the west the last few years! His response is poor forest management, "we need to start raking our forests"! Does he really understand how stupid that make him sound?

Ernie
Old 11-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post

Why wouldn't you be able to have common sense with respect and dignity?

This isn't any old position in some corporation, etc.

This is the position of the "President of the United States". He represents our country and our people. Again, this is aside from all political views & policies.

Last edited by soze; 11-22-2018 at 10:39 AM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
That's my feelings 100%. I would much rather have someone crudely tell me the truth than eloquently lie to me. That was the choice that was presented to us 2 years ago.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumb mfs

Is our President for real???? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Give me real reviews, from real owners, exceed mad torque 6x6 Misfit650 Multi Axle Rigs 10 12-29-2015 11:47 PM
If we had an Italian President prusik333 Chit Chat 5 11-26-2010 09:21 AM
Columbia President "Insults" Iranian President ThinkTank Chit Chat 17 09-26-2007 10:08 AM
Our President... BGGruff Chit Chat 2 08-30-2007 08:49 AM