Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Anyone else having issues with Credit One Bank?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone else having issues with Credit One Bank?

I just got two texts on my personal phone, one from Credit One and one from Credit Karma. The COB text read that I had failed to make a singe payment on my account and that I needed to do so immediately. I have had the account for over a year with a 100% on-time payment history. I keep the balance low on that card as it is just for rebuilding credit. The next text from CK said that I had dropped a little over 100 points on my credit score for a delinquent payment history with COB. I called the number on the back of the credit card to find that it was disconnected, the app has been pulled and the website no longer exists (at least when I try these things that is the message I get). Now I am down 200 points on my credit with no option to rectify the problem. Has this happened to anyone else?
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Anyone else having issues with Credit One Bank?

Yep, this doesn't look good man.

nslookup
> creditonebank.com
Server: 192.168.0.1
Address: 192.168.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: creditonebank.com
Address: 65.154.255.209
> ping 65.154.255.209
Server: 192.168.0.1
Address: 192.168.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find ping: No answer
>

And a quick WHOIS search reveals no ARIN records either. Seems like they let the website expire.

Results for Target: 65.154.255.209
WHOIS Server: whois.arin.net

Discovered Nameservers [ NOT DETECTED ]

Registrar Information [ NOT DETECTED ]
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Site works for me... https://www.creditonebank.com/
This is the message at the top of the page
"We are aware that some Card Members were inadvertently sent a Payment Past Due message on 12/6. We apologize for any confusion this message caused."
As for CK, as far as I know, they're not an authoritative resource for a FICO score. I thought they pretty much just guess.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:56 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

CK sent an alert that I had made zero payments on the account and dropped my score significantly and that got my attention. I guess I'll be spending the day on the phone trying to sort this mess out (given the phone number is back up and running). I hope none of the rest of you are affected by this mess. Thanks for the site lookup hpiguy and Jeckler I hope you're right about CK.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I spoke to COB and was told that they would not be doing anything to rectify the situation and if I wanted the error to be corrected I had to dispute the allegations of non-payment in writing. I have since filed a dispute through CK and also sent out the letter of dispute to COB through certified mail. So far I am down over 200 points on my credit score and $10 in postage. If I have to hire an attorney the charges will only go up from there. I can't believe that companies are allowed to do things like this without repercussion. I know that as a private citizen if I were to screw someone over like they did I would be sued eight ways to Sunday and they would end up garnishing my turds before it was over but not the banks; they are allowed to do whatever, whenever, to whomever they please. If you have insufficient funds and overdraft an account they charge you an exuberant fee but if they don't have the money to cover their debts do you get to charge them a fee?

Sorry about the soapbox rant but I feel like I just had a prostate exam from E.T. and I'm left holding the KY.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:03 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

credit karma only monitors, its not a reporter. It takes the scores from TransUnion and Equifax and averages them. So if there something they are saying is off, YOU will need to go to TransUnion and Equifax and straighten them out, that should then float through to Credit Karma.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone else having issues with Credit One Bank? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bank of America CreepyCrawl Chit Chat 42 01-03-2022 07:47 AM
Credit where Credit is due. YoUnG_vErSiOn Hawaii 1 04-23-2013 12:56 PM
Bank/Merch ? punkfan Chit Chat 8 08-09-2012 04:59 PM
??credit card?? ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 1 10-28-2009 08:41 AM
The E.T.R.C. BANK raytard Tennessee 11 01-19-2007 12:55 PM