Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Cow RC review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Cow RC review

So after all theses years of seeing Cow rc on forums, you tube, in pictures that are posted with Cow rc pit mats on people's work spaces I decided to check out what products they have. So I peeked at their site and see what looks good and interesting, window shopping, lol. The wife does it all the time, so why can't I, lol.

So 2 weeks ago I placed a order for some different size magnetic parts trays. It was about 30 minutes later I get a call from Heath from Cow rc about my order. And go figure I was not going to answer the call, cause most times I get a number I don't recognize its something stupid or selling something, especially since the number was showing a New York number.

So Heath from Cow rc apologized for a mistake and their inventory was off, 2 of the 6 parts trays I ordered where not in stock after all. He gave me some options. I could wait for about a week for the missing parts trays to come back in stock and would give me a extra parts tray for the mistake and having to wait. Or substitute the smaller trays to make up for it, giving me more for my money, sort of say.

I told him I was not in a hurry to get them and could wait for the week or so it was going to be to get the missing trays back in stock. He told me that he would mail out the rest of my order while I wait for the out of stock parts trays to come back in stock

A few days later I get a confirmation that my order was now on its way. Got to love when new rc stuff comes in the mail, now the waiting game. So the next Monday i get my package after coming home.

After opening up my present to myself I find the out of stock parts trays were in the box, awesome. Plus the extra parts tray just like he promised, bonus. But sadly one of the bigger parts trays was missing. So I emailed Heath at Cow rc explaining what had happened that night.

Before I get up out of bed to go to work I recieved a email back from Heath. He apologized, again for the mistake told me that he would take care of the missing parts tray and ship it out. Back to the waiting game, good thing I don't have anxiety, lol.

That same week, Friday my package shows up with the missing parts tray and a extra little storage container too, along with more stickers. I for one love stickers, add them to the collection. I emailed Heath again and told him that my package showed and everything is now better.

Im sorry for the long story, but want everyone to understand what has happened to make the story clear. From start to finish I was very impressed with the great service i had received from Cow rc. From the phone call, to the quick email responses and taking care of the entire order. I know mistakes can happen, inventory can be sometimes be off on counts. But it's the was I was treated that really counts to me. Now this is what I call great service and overall was just impressed with the whole way it was handled. I would not hesitate to place another order from Cow rc for some larger pit mats. Oh and the quality of the pit mats are awesome, can't wait to use them.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2018, 04:49 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cow RC review

I really like my stuff from them. I wish shipping was not so expensive or there was a local shop that carried them. I've seen amain get some stuff so maybe it won't be too bad
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:10 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Love my mat too. Just be careful with loctite, it stains the white mat surface immediately and permanently!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yes shipping was a bit more than I thought it would be, but whatever. Good to know about the loctite staining the mats, thanks. I have not read the sheet it came with yet. Theses mats will be great on my upcoming project in a few weeks.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #5

Cow RC does have great customer service and I like my mat, but I will say if I knew what I knew now I wouldn't have paid so much for my mat. It stains all too easily and you have to be careful with the foam. I wish the working surface was more resistant to stains and I wish better foam and adhesive was used.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Great to hear about the good customer service but for me I like the look of all that stuff but I'd rather spend money on parts for my rigs, I have a piece of bead board nailed to my bench that is white and makes parts easy to see then I have a plastic liner from a small dog crate with a spark plug ad from an auto parts store that is hard flexible plastic on one side and foam on the other inside of that lol then a plain old self healing xacto mat beside that, works great!

Edit you can see the dog crate liner to the left of the Bronco.

Last edited by kincer; 12-12-2018 at 07:37 AM.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Nothing wrong with spending more on parts kincer. I've got some of those same parts store mats laying around too. They will do the job like what you did as well. Guess for me, it's a reward for busting my butt between two jobs, family, and everything else in between. Plus I think I will like the fact that they will lay down flat on my bench and I don't have to worry about losing screws and parts. There's no right or wrong answer here, everyone has there own way of things. Guess another part of me wants something that will look good on the bench too. I have plenty of space to lay the parts trays down as well.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:08 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

For the stains I somehow end up with lots of stickers to cover them up....glad the stickers come with an RC part
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

For myself there is never enough time to work on my trucks or projects. So I got to sit down and finally work on my projects that are lined up. I got to use my cow rc parts trays finally. It was great to have things more organized than using a automobile parts tray or some container from the kitchen. Theses trays are just what I really needed and loved them more after getting the chance to use them.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Cow RC review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Cow WiFi Spy Tank Review MitchellY Chit Chat 1 03-31-2013 09:02 PM
Cow R/C Performance Aerosols***Review*** chicklet Tools, and Procedures 0 10-24-2011 04:09 PM
Cow Performance Aerosols Review Wrecker Tools, and Procedures 3 11-17-2009 09:40 PM
Cow RC Micro Mat Review jeeper_05 General Crawlers 18 10-30-2009 04:13 PM
CowRC Cow Duster No. 805 Review Boogie General Crawlers 6 10-19-2009 07:33 AM