RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Wraith vs SCX10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/604540-wraith-vs-scx10.html)

tjohanne 12-12-2018 11:08 AM

Wraith vs SCX10

This is actually RC related, brand specific, but I thought it would maybe belong here under Chit Chat.

Question: Is it just me, or is it extremely annoying to start working on a Wraith when you're used to the SCX10?
The tube chassis is attacking me from all directions, and I can't help but think you have to have 15 long fingers and three hands to do things properly. And hopefully a screwdriver which can bend around corners.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TheLetterJ 12-12-2018 11:53 AM

Re: Wraith vs SCX10

Power driver, quality 2mm hex bit, and just pull the 8 screws that hold the skid, life will be easier.

Ditchrat 12-12-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohanne (Post 5891432)
This is actually RC related, brand specific, but I thought it would maybe belong here under Chit Chat.

Question: Is it just me, or is it extremely annoying to start working on a Wraith when you're used to the SCX10?
The tube chassis is attacking me from all directions, and I can't help but think you have to have 15 long fingers and three hands to do things properly. And hopefully a screwdriver which can bend around corners.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah its sucks, but you get used to it. On the flip side the axles are easier to work on.

STANG KILLA SS 12-12-2018 01:08 PM

lol the wraith is nothing! tons of room and access.
try working on a losi rock rey or HPI twin hammers!

mikemcE 12-12-2018 02:38 PM

Two different rigs. I have more access on my Wraith than my VS4.
Both have front mounted batteries, the biggest chore is changing a motor and the Wraith is easier there.
Both have Highs and Lows

Hang up and Drive

Ditchrat 12-12-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5891505)
Both have front mounted batteries, the biggest chore is changing a motor and the Wraith is easier there.
e

Absolutely hate adjusting the pinion, simply because I don't like dropping the skid, because I have my brushless wires cut so I don't have a lot of extra wires to hide.

Looking forward to building a wraith spawn kit, employing everything I learned working on my kids wraith. I think the stock setup kind of sucks, but with 3d printing available to me the whole layout has good potential for a very easy to work on truck.

Now putting in the dig unit, lose of the room and extra wires has me slightly concerned, but until I start after Christmas I wont know.

mikemcE 12-12-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchrat (Post 5891515)
Absolutely hate adjusting the pinion, simply because I don't like dropping the skid,.

Adjusting isn’t too bad, IF you use a Long allen key , my regular drivers won’t work, the 90 bend is the trick for me

Hang up and Drive