Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Wanna build it ??? Maybe an actual crawler???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Wanna build it ??? Maybe an actual crawler???

I like the direction Proline is going with this. Excited to see the final product.
FordSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Whoa! Is that a 2nd gen tacoma?!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Hopefully a crawler. It would be great to have another option for an overpriced truck that won't have any future parts support.
This is my problem with Proline kits. They make them for, what, a year and then discontinue parts supply at the same time. It's inexcusable and I feel bad for anybody that buys their kits.

Proline is also starting to lag behind in the Lexan bodies which is shocking. I don't want Knight Customs overpriced, 3D printed shit. I want molded hard plastic grilles like Vaterra. Hell, even Axial has jumped on board that ship and they are always on a slow moving tugboat.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This is my problem with Proline kits. They make them for, what, a year and then discontinue parts supply at the same time. It's inexcusable and I feel bad for anybody that buys their kits.

Proline is also starting to lag behind in the Lexan bodies which is shocking. I don't want Knight Customs overpriced, 3D printed shit. I want molded hard plastic grilles like Vaterra. Hell, even Axial has jumped on board that ship and they are always on a slow moving tugboat.
Exactly. I really like how their new Monster Truck & SC truck looks, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy one.

Hell, even their tires come and go too fast to keep track. Even their super popular stuff like their Badlands stuff is gone. If you're looking for 2.2 stadium truck tires, forget about it. So many of their bodies get discontinued, which doesn't make much sense to me. At least have a custom-order option for your older stuff. It's not like the molds are wearing out from pulling lexan over them.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Exactly. I really like how their new Monster Truck & SC truck looks, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy one.

Hell, even their tires come and go too fast to keep track. Even their super popular stuff like their Badlands stuff is gone. If you're looking for 2.2 stadium truck tires, forget about it. So many of their bodies get discontinued, which doesn't make much sense to me. At least have a custom-order option for your older stuff. It's not like the molds are wearing out from pulling lexan over them.
They discontinued Badlands?! That makes no sense since it was always one of the most popular bashing tires. I know they have the new Badlands MX tires which is probably what they are pushing people towards. I do often say "that makes no sense" when it comes to Proline though and it's been happening much more as of late.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 AM   #26

They may still have 1 or 2 styles of the original badlands in their catalog, but most of them are gone. The tall 2.2s are gone, and I think the 2.8s are gone. Maybe they still have the SCT size?

If they offered those tall 2.2s in one of their super soft crawler tire compounds, those things would be great on a Yeti or Bomber.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

just so happens i have a set of spares for my yeti that are badlands...

and yes they are pretty awesome.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #28

My buddy put a set of the tall 2.2s on his T3 because he runs it mostly in grass. That thing is a wheelie popping trip with those things. :-D
Old 02-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

2.2 Badlands on my Woman’s rig. Absolutely awesome tires. Cannot believe how the do on almost any trail around here. Wish I could get some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Honcho style body with an openin hood? Wonder if it comes pre-dented like the other pics they showed

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
I am guessing not. looks like it will be just lexan 2 piece body, cab/bed like power wagon. No knights customs, no dents etc..... Could be wrong though, its happened.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
I am guessing not. looks like it will be just lexan 2 piece body, cab/bed like power wagon. No knights customs, no dents etc..... Could be wrong though, its happened.
I like the idea of the 2 piece body, but some of them are cab only. I like the 79 ford body, but its cab only. They should make the bed for it as well. Thats the only reason i havent bought it yet. Ive thought bout gettin the 2 piece chevy body for my father in law n mount the bed over the cage. I think itd look cool that way. But as stated in a earlier post. They discontinue way to quick on majority of theyre bodies n tires

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Yeah i am just speculating. Looking at the price of the 2 piece power wagon body and this, I wouldn't think they are willing to dig into their profits too much by adding any outside manufacturer accessories. The know it will be a hit though so they are advertising it with knights parts and I am sure designed it with that in mind. I agree on the 2 piece bodies, wish there were more. This will be cool though, I want to see size specs.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:51 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I waited and waited for that same 79 ford bed.
It never happened so paid a Korean dude to 3d print me a whole body for about $300.

You hear that proline? I spent way more than what you would have charged me, all because YOU DIDNT MAKE IT.

I'm kinda ok with that though. I think what I got has better detail than proline could ever acheive with lexan.

Anyway... When is this metric body supposed to get a full reveal?
Old 02-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #34
Gold Star Baby!

Issa out!

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...clear-body.asp

Price of the body isn’t bad but I’m sure it’d be easy to double or triple it with all these knights customs add ins

Attached Images

Last edited by Topher Builds; 02-22-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #35

So for $60 you get a Honcho cab with an opening hood and a bed? Seriously? Is Proline giving up?

Knight Customs parts should be unofficial accessories not official pieces to complete an unfinished body.

Proline still refuses to mold hard plastic grilles, but they want you to overpay for a 3D printed grille. Why?
Old 02-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #36
Gold Star Baby!

I think you’ll like this one though, Tim

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...dy-cab-bed.asp
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
I think you’ll like this one though, Tim

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...dy-cab-bed.asp
Im not a chevy fan, but i do like this body

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:43 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Yeah I waited and waited for that same 79 ford bed.
It never happened so paid a Korean dude to 3d print me a whole body for about $300.

You hear that proline? I spent way more than what you would have charged me, all because YOU DIDNT MAKE IT.

I'm kinda ok with that though. I think what I got has better detail than proline could ever acheive with lexan.

Anyway... When is this metric body supposed to get a full reveal?

Well, after the big reveal you still came out cheaper, with a better quality body
Old 02-22-2019, 09:55 PM   #39
RCC Addict

From KC fb page

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:28 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Couple things here...

Yes I think I went the better route for my ford. But I'm going to wheel that thing like its a rolls royce phantom. In a cold sweat.
But thanks.

The Chevy body. Heh. Ironic that comes out after my son got an rc4wd blazer I hacked in half to essentially have this come out at half the price. The fact it's even the same color is like salt in the wound.
But again, I think mine came out way cooler.

As for this taco... Ehhhhhhh... I dont want to like it but I admit the pic above with the smaller tires is pretty... Pretty pretty good... Pretty good.
I dont think I would build one. But i will enjoy vicariously.
Makes me feel about the same as vanquish vs-410. I will probably never own one but that doesnt make it any less cool?

***OH MY GOD LOOK HOW NARROW THE DOORS ARE BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
No wonder all the official photos are at angles hahaha oh wow... The door Windows are practically triangles. Yeeeesh...

Last edited by Shinchu; 02-22-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Wanna build it ??? Maybe an actual crawler??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanna build a top notch Pro class crawler? Zarizi Tech General Crawlers 3 05-28-2017 07:09 PM
First actual comp build from scratch schmaged88 Newbie General 2 04-13-2013 06:47 AM
wanna build a scale crawler punishermustang General Scale Talk 1 03-12-2010 07:27 AM
Wanna build a maxx crawler.....how? Texas Rebel Traxxas Crawlers 10 07-30-2005 10:28 PM
I wanna build A clod crawler? ProfitOfDoom Tamiya Clod Buster 6 10-15-2004 12:18 PM