Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New Axial "Something"???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #61
Sr. Product Developer

Default Re: New Axial "Something"???

LOL...why do i cruise these forums looking for punishment LOL

FWIW, this version of the Yeti Jr has been tooled up in a totally new factory and the electronics have been changed out too from the original. I personally have not run one of these myself as the developer for this project is working out of the Axial office, but i do hear its a dramatic improvement over the old version.

As far as who this is aimed at...well the UTV market. Just like Jeep, Ford, Chevy etc guys like to buy replicas of their personal vehicles, the same goes for the UTV guys. Partnering up with Can Am has also opened the door to new consumers unaware of R/C. and it's a great size to fit on your scale trailer.

This was a project in play prior to the BK of Hobbico and the Axial team was able to keep it in play and get to market.

So there is the story and yes we have lots of new stuff in the pipeline and yes it's still being designed by the original Axial designer who designed about 80% of everything Axial released over the years. It's going to take some time but rest assured we are working hard to catch up.

Rich
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2019, 06:59 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Wouldn't this be like the toy that you get tired of and place an M-80 in it just to see how far the pieces fly when it blows up?

Had a friend in the neighborhood that use to build RC planes, the balsa wood and tissue paper ones. He had it rigged so that when it was high in the sky, he'd hit the toggle to create a spark that would light the fuse, and blow the plane up in mid-flight.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:23 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
LOL...why do i cruise these forums looking for punishment LOL

Remember poor Charlie from Novak? That poor guy took some abuse and kept coming back for more!

FWIW, this version of the Yeti Jr has been tooled up in a totally new factory and the electronics have been changed out too from the original.

That's good to know. The original had some serious issues.

As far as who this is aimed at...well the UTV market. Just like Jeep, Ford, Chevy etc guys like to buy replicas of their personal vehicles, the same goes for the UTV guys.

I sent a link of the product announcement to a family member who's a big UTV guy, and he immediately ordered one. I've been trying to get him into RC for years.....finally got him to pull the trigger.

I think it's pretty cool personally! Thanks as always for chiming in and for your perspective Rich!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #64

I really hope this means that the regular Yeti Jr will come back with new electronics. Lipo compatible electronics would be preferred, but I'll take what I can get.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #65

Quote:
FWIW, this version of the Yeti Jr has been tooled up in a totally new factory and the electronics have been changed out too from the original. I personally have not run one of these myself as the developer for this project is working out of the Axial office, but i do hear its a dramatic improvement over the old version.

This was a project in play prior to the BK of Hobbico and the Axial team was able to keep it in play and get to market.

Rich
What does that mean exactly? New plastics? Or no?

I figured it was something Axial started before you guys took over.

I personally have no interest in it for many reasons, just like I have no interest in 1:1 SxS, but it looks great for what it is. Much better looking than any Yeti - that's for sure. The new color scheme just makes it standout.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
New plastics? Or no?
This is a question that needs to be answered. I have a feeling that the old Axial plastic is still flopping around.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:

So there is the story and yes we have lots of new stuff in the pipeline and yes it's still being designed by the original Axial designer who designed about 80% of everything Axial released over the years. It's going to take some time but rest assured we are working hard to catch up.

Rich
Rich! Please re-release the SMT10, definitely with a black chassis and preferably in upgraded kit form.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Rich! Please re-release the SMT10, definitely with a black chassis and preferably in upgraded kit form.

TAKE MY MONEY!!!
I'd be all about an unlicensed SMT10.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I'd be all about an unlicensed SMT10.
Me too. Especially if they do a raw builder's kit or whatever the hell the SCX10 slider is called. None of us want the wheels & tires or the Monster Jam body anyway.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:40 PM   #70
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ill take Axial plastic over Losi plastic ANY day
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:30 AM   #71
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
What does that mean exactly? New plastics? Or no?

Completely different factory and materials (Plastics). We did a Can Am event and had 4 demos running for 2 days straight and didn't have any break from what i've been told....I've heard the old version was pretty bad and didn't take much to break so this should be a massive improvement.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #72
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
I'm the opposite...but to each his own
Old 02-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #73

Quote:
Completely different factory and materials (Plastics). We did a Can Am event and had 4 demos running for 2 days straight and didn't have any break from what i've been told....I've heard the old version was pretty bad and didn't take much to break so this should be a massive improvement.
Awesome! Now, time to switch all Axial vehicles to new plastic!

Can you comment if there is a future for the SMT10?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #74
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Awesome! Now, time to switch all Axial vehicles to new plastic!

Can you comment if there is a future for the SMT10?

Unknown on the SMT10. Axial discontinued it due to licensing... at that same time, from what I've seen, the complaints have been the vehicle is too slow.

If there was a demand to re-release it, it would take some time. It's not a simple hit the make button. Besides licensing or non-licensing there are other things in play such as new manuals, updating electronics etcs.

That being said, IF we bring back the SMT10, it's going to take some time.

So i'm not saying yes, but i'm not saying no
Old 02-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Unknown on the SMT10. Axial discontinued it due to licensing... at that same time, from what I've seen, the complaints have been the vehicle is too slow.

If there was a demand to re-release it, it would take some time. It's not a simple hit the make button. Besides licensing or non-licensing there are other things in play such as new manuals, updating electronics etcs.

For the record I don't want one.

However Mudtrucks seem to be picking up steam. Everywhere I look people are talking about them. When I asked about them people said start with a SMT10.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #76

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback.

I assumed it was due to the Monster Jam license expiring.

The SMT10 is slow and less than durable in stock form. Give it some power and upgrades and it's a ton of fun! I think that's why it would be great as a kit. Give it new, non-Axial plastics and it would be even better! I know that's a project by itself - new packaging, new manual, new pricing, etc. And then you take away the RTR appeal which is the market that the SMT10 seemed to originally be targeted at.

I hope the SMT10 comes back in any form. If not, I hope we at least keep getting the spare parts like the chassis/cage pieces.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
this is some flat earther stuff right here.
BurnLatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #78

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I assumed it was due to the Monster Jam license expiring.

The SMT10 is slow and less than durable in stock form. Give it some power and upgrades and it's a ton of fun! I think that's why it would be great as a kit. Give it new, non-Axial plastics and it would be even better! I know that's a project by itself - new packaging, new manual, new pricing, etc. And then you take away the RTR appeal which is the market that the SMT10 seemed to originally be targeted at.

I hope the SMT10 comes back in any form. If not, I hope we at least keep getting the spare parts like the chassis/cage pieces.
Exactly. There's always been a fairly steady demand for solid axle monster trucks, and now combined with the mud truck craze, having a "builder's kit" version of the SMT10 seems like it would make a lot of sense to me. Horizon would avoid the licensing costs of not only the body but of the tires, and the manual should be a relatively straightforward adaptation of the existing manual.

Come on... do it. Do it.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
I think it's pretty cool personally! Thanks as always for chiming in and for your perspective Rich!
Charlie's still around. Working for Hobbywing now and still getting punished.

I'd rather have seen a Polaris version instead of a Canned Ham, but either looks better than the Yeti.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:43 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Anyone want to bet the next thing we see is a re-yeti relaese with this same can-am ??
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial "Something"??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "FRANKESTAIN" or "AXIAL FORCE" mykonian General Crawlers 5 03-06-2009 11:37 AM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM