Notices

Thread: Glad I'm into R/C again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Glad I'm into R/C again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Things you own is just 'stuff'. Once you've had it all then it doesn't really matter, and you find those things are not what create happiness, and you can't take them with you, and that crap won't love you back. So it's just stuff.

My first wife was a hag. Should have never married her. We built a huge custom home in an estate area out in the country. Nag nag nag. 6K sq ft, 4-car garage, 5 acres...like a dream place. I lived there 2 months and left, moved into an 800sq ft apartment with two girls, was happy as a pig in shit.

I've owned over 40 cars in my driving career, flown planes, built and bought many boats, and been in bankruptcy once and nearly twice. Been hung out to dry, times where we didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, buying beans with a credit card. It's all pretty much the same.

Raising children is gratifying for sure, but they cost a half-mil each, take a third of your life to raise, and grow up to hate you. A thankless job. LOL. But I think people miss out on what life is really about if you skip all that.

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Happiness comes from within - no one nor anything can give that to you. You have to earn it all on your own. I'm ready to go and ready to stay. Maybe I have another dozen years...maybe.
Holy crap man!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 12:16 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Guys browneye is the real deal. Chris, thanks for posting that. It made me laugh and cry. I'm so glad you came to this forum and you listened to how it works. I really thought you were angry enough to give up before you started here. Thanks for staying.
You are one of the dozens of guys here I would consider very good friends.

As for the rest of You, thank you all for opening up and being brothers to those who need it right now.
You all are great and really offering words of wisdom.

I will also share its not about stuff. Be happy with what you have. Enjoy life and what's around you.
I used to be a crazy street racing and drifting maniac. Lots of ladies. No drugs though. Realized I was going nowhere fast.
Joined the navy got married had twins who are 10 now and just had our 3rd 5 months ago.
Its crazy what happens in life. But sometimes you just gotta enjoy the ride.
I was diagnosed in high school with ADD and depression. I hated high school. D and F student except auto shop for 3 years straight As. Teachers telling me I wouldnt amount to anything. Couldnt wait to be done with school.
Got help. Prozac May have saved my life.
39 years old now and about to retire from the navy with a hpuse in San Diego filled with the only 4 people in my life that matter to me.
My teachers didnt know shit. I made it.

Also disneyland is rad. Go be a kid. Seriously.
I get told all the time I look half my age. My secret? REFUSE TO GROW UP.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Guys browneye is the real deal. Chris, thanks for posting that. It made me laugh and cry. I'm so glad you came to this forum and you listened to how it works. I really thought you were angry enough to give up before you started here. Thanks for staying.
You are one of the dozens of guys here I would consider very good friends.

As for the rest of You, thank you all for opening up and being brothers to those who need it right now.
You all are great and really offering words of wisdom.

I will also share its not about stuff. Be happy with what you have. Enjoy life and what's around you.
I used to be a crazy street racing and drifting maniac. Lots of ladies. No drugs though. Realized I was going nowhere fast.
Joined the navy got married had twins who are 10 now and just had our 3rd 5 months ago.
Its crazy what happens in life. But sometimes you just gotta enjoy the ride.
I was diagnosed in high school with ADD and depression. I hated high school. D and F student except auto shop for 3 years straight As. Teachers telling me I wouldnt amount to anything. Couldnt wait to be done with school.
Got help. Prozac May have saved my life.
39 years old now and about to retire from the navy with a hpuse in San Diego filled with the only 4 people in my life that matter to me.
My teachers didnt know shit. I made it.

Also disneyland is rad. Go be a kid. Seriously.
I get told all the time I look half my age. My secret? REFUSE TO GROW UP.

You're too kind. I have a username for a reason.

What I get out of this is that you never let someone else determine what YOUR reality is - YOU get to choose.

There's a new generation of people that have been told all their life that they 'deserve' something, whatever that may be, they deserve it - to be happy, to have a job, to be successful, to have a love life, to be happy. It's all a lie - you get what you get for the effort and work you put in, just like everybody else. And never let somebody else take your dreams away - if you can dream it you can live it.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Glad I'm into R/C again! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glad to have known you my friend... bbyrd22 Chit Chat 27 04-26-2013 08:05 PM
Glad to be home........ CRSMacgyver Past RCCA qualifiers 8 10-11-2010 11:05 PM
Glad its over!! (panic in a can) willyrocket Chit Chat 17 06-06-2005 02:11 PM