Notices

Thread: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
The guy started the build to make an IFS for his SCXII chassis because he wanted a scale Durango then got bombarded with posts like "when can I buy it?", "where do I order?", and "I'll take 8 of those kits!". The OP tried to point it away from turning into a feeler thread but apparently not hard enough.

I don't think there are a lot of people who are going to pay $100 to share the progress of their project they are designing for themselves, which they may or may not choose to make available to others after they have satisfied their own desires, and worked out the kinks.

I suppose the lesson for the community here is to better manage discussion of potentially selling cool stuff.

Builders.
Don't mention the possibility of selling anything ever.
Don't respond publicly to questions of selling anything ever.

Spectators
Don't publicly ask about the possibility of hobby builders selling anything ever, for any reason.

Last edited by rkj__; 03-04-2019 at 11:30 AM.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Any interest you have in buying something from somebody can easily and should always be discussed in a private message.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

He's back with a new title in the 1.9 section.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:59 PM   #24
~THE SCALE SHOP~

im too lazy to look.
is it titled the "not for sale IFS Durango" build?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #25
Sinking with the ship

I cant blame him posting it the way he did, I tried to water down the fire some...maybe he will continue the build thread
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #26

You say Iron fist?

I say... the same for all. What’s good for one is good for all.
Just because a person comes along with a “great idea/item” in ones eyes over the usual ideas/items, that ( to me anyhow,) does NOT negate the situation or rule for “no feelers” or promotion etc.. without a vendor membership.

It’s simply not fair to all those who have paid their dues to hold vendor memberships.

Mentality should be.??? if it’s a cool enough item in ones eyes , or a popular enough situation , that the member should be allowed to bypass the “no feeler” rule and post however they want?

Why didn’t I edit things and do it differently?

1) that wasn’t his only thread acting as a vendor without a star
2) he was warned in that thread about the situation and what not to do, yet he ignored the helpful advice and kept slipping in the promo.
Finally in the end he added a small “disclaimer” that he wasn’t trying to sell or promote.

If that was true, he would have edited out all the problem causing wording throughout the thread , but he chose not to.

Adding a little disclaimer and leaving all the promo and feeler issues... is like driving 85mph in a 30mph zone but having a bumper sticker that says speeding is bad....
then when a ticket is given for speeding, none can understand why.
But... but... he had a bumper sticker that said speeding is bad!!!

Off my soapbox.
If Jason has an issue, I have no doubt he will let me know.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-04-2019 at 07:28 PM.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:22 AM   #27
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
You say Iron fist?

I say... the same for all. What’s good for one is good for all.
Just because a person comes along with a “great idea/item” in ones eyes over the usual ideas/items, that ( to me anyhow,) does NOT negate the situation or rule for “no feelers” or promotion etc.. without a vendor membership.

It’s simply not fair to all those who have paid their dues to hold vendor memberships.

Mentality should be.??? if it’s a cool enough item in ones eyes , or a popular enough situation , that the member should be allowed to bypass the “no feeler” rule and post however they want?

Why didn’t I edit things and do it differently?

1) that wasn’t his only thread acting as a vendor without a star
2) he was warned in that thread about the situation and what not to do, yet he ignored the helpful advice and kept slipping in the promo.
Finally in the end he added a small “disclaimer” that he wasn’t trying to sell or promote.

If that was true, he would have edited out all the problem causing wording throughout the thread , but he chose not to.

Adding a little disclaimer and leaving all the promo and feeler issues... is like driving 85mph in a 30mph zone but having a bumper sticker that says speeding is bad....
then when a ticket is given for speeding, none can understand why.
But... but... he had a bumper sticker that said speeding is bad!!!

Off my soapbox.
If Jason has an issue, I have no doubt he will let me know.

1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

All the rules against vendor bashing and not having feeler threads were from when this place had traffic and 10k ACTIVE members. Now the local Amish community has more traffic than our current 100 active members. So yes, let's hardline them rules from long gone days of relevancy so we ensure the good old days never come back.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Why did they delete his latest thread now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:56 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

First it was in the 1.9 section, then it escalated and got moved to chit chat, respectivly.

I think he deleted it himself. Or THX_138 did. We don't need another RCC soap opera. Funny, but we don't need it.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #31
RCC Addict

If he would’ve just reposted without all the attitude and without feeling for possible buyers it would have been a good thread and build to watch, he definitely had some skills but it was definitely getting too dramatic for me.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Just stumbled upon this.. I'd like to say a couple of things.

1. A lot of this thread is true, my thread started out as a build thread. People wanted to buy it. I thought that was cool, made some comments that might have crossed the line but I thought my intention was well noted I just wanted to have fun and build a truck everyone could appreciate. When I was warned I didn't take it seriously, but after some thought, I didn't want to see my thread go away so I went through all 10 pages and edited everything I say that had to do with "feeling" or mentioning of a kit other than for my own personal use.

2. THX said there were some posts I made that were in direct violation of the rules. This is completely true. My first one or two posts in the forum came days before I started my thread. I literally had no idea that that kind of behavior wasn't allowed. I have been a part of this forum since 08 and I don't remember reading the rules, nor did I even realize there were such rules on a public forum. As soon as it was brought to my attention I straightened my act up immediately.

That's all. that's the truth, I never meant to cause any drama or have an attitude. I was just a little pissed about the fact that I felt like I did everything I could to keep that thread up and it still got taken down without the possibility to revive it and edit posts that were in violation. I've found a better way to share my build now anyway, so if you have the time you can do some searching and find it yourself if you're interested.
jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I cant blame him posting it the way he did, I tried to water down the fire some...maybe he will continue the build thread
And that thread's gone...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

That was one of my favorite threads...
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

you know, in some areas, by the letter of the law its still ok to take your wife to the courthouse stairs on sunday and beat her with a switch no thicker than your thumb, hence "rule of thumb". Just because its a law on the books doesn't mean it needs or has a place in todays day and age. This place is dying. Would the guy having his thread to gauge interest in whether what he COULD offer would be worth buying that vendor star for? I think another active vendor and member would be far more valuable than that vendor star money anyhow, but what do I know, I only run a VERY lucrative and successful business and do market research.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:16 PM   #36
Suck it up!

I'm a part-time mod and on the increasingly rare occasion, also a vendor. I see both sides.

Would bending the rules to promote needed traffic and general interest in the hobby be a good thing? Sure. Our entry fee could be stopping quite a number of people doing cool things from participating here.

But, bend for one and you have to bend for all, or be prepared for angry discussions as to why so-and-so didn't make the cut, the potential influx of shitty vendors that sell crap products or simply take the money and run, and the volley of complaints from vendors who followed the rules and ponied up the dough for the right to promote their products and services.

I believe some middle ground could be had though.

Please remember, we mods don't make the rules, we just enforce them to the best of our abilities. You'll have to punch much higher to get changes made.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Cant argue with Duuuuuuuude on that one.

But the $100 for being a vendor i think is worth it.

Robbob gave me a few pointers on how to price accordingly. You will make your money back reasonably. Basicaly, your product will pay for its star eventually.

Just dont copy product.

I still feel the rule about feelers should stay in place though. Hear me out.. It stops the aggravation from mods chasing the black market of rcc pm sales negative side, or prevents it from happening.

Though bringing back high foot traffic through rcc will be hard.. There is just to much negative views about rcc outside of the forum. And there is facebook.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
First it was in the 1.9 section, then it escalated and got moved to chit chat, respectivly.

I think he deleted it himself. Or THX_138 did. We don't need another RCC soap opera. Funny, but we don't need it.
It did in fact get moved to chit chat because it had ZERO tech and didn’t belong in the tech sections.
.....and he self-deleted the entire thread himself.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #39
Suck it up!

Quote:
I've come to learn that that action says a lot about a person...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Thats what I said would happen. Zero tech get you nowhere, and the attitude he had typed out in it made it worse.

Usually id say Ep, move it to chit chat lol.

He self deleted the thread after the remark I made.

I think he finally realized he was actually in the wrong.
Quote:
It did in fact get moved to chit chat because it had ZERO tech and didn’t belong in the tech sections.
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

IFS Durango from 1.9 section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st gen Durango IFS TRUE SCALE (you're going to want to see this) jonnywachter 1.9 Scale Rigs 307 03-02-2022 01:43 PM
IFS-Class 4 Section ? the DMG Comments, Suggestions, and Help 44 05-06-2014 03:43 PM
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM