He has. Just not here.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I'm a part-time mod and on the increasingly rare occasion, also a vendor. I see both sides.

Would bending the rules to promote needed traffic and general interest in the hobby be a good thing? Sure. Our entry fee could be stopping quite a number of people doing cool things from participating here.

But, bend for one and you have to bend for all, or be prepared for angry discussions as to why so-and-so didn't make the cut, the potential influx of shitty vendors that sell crap products or simply take the money and run, and the volley of complaints from vendors who followed the rules and ponied up the dough for the right to promote their products and services.

I believe some middle ground could be had though.

Please remember, we mods don't make the rules, we just enforce them to the best of our abilities. You'll have to punch much higher to get changes made.
I wanted a build thread, not a feeler thread or a black market sales thread. I completely agree you should pay for the star if you want to sell. I wasn't planning on selling it on RCC at the time.

Quote:
I've come to learn that that action says a lot about a person...
I deleted it because I didn't want the drama. That's it, that is the only reason. It was getting out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Thats what I said would happen. Zero tech get you nowhere, and the attitude he had typed out in it made it worse.

Usually id say Ep, move it to chit chat lol.

He self deleted the thread after the remark I made.

I think he finally realized he was actually in the wrong.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I still don't think I was in the wrong in my original thread, I went back and deleted anything that had to do with a "feeler". Originally I was in the wrong, yes, but when I found out I was I fixed it.
jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm a part-time mod and on the increasingly rare occasion, also a vendor. I see both sides.

Would bending the rules to promote needed traffic and general interest in the hobby be a good thing? Sure. Our entry fee could be stopping quite a number of people doing cool things from participating here.

But, bend for one and you have to bend for all, or be prepared for angry discussions as to why so-and-so didn't make the cut, the potential influx of shitty vendors that sell crap products or simply take the money and run, and the volley of complaints from vendors who followed the rules and ponied up the dough for the right to promote their products and services.

I believe some middle ground could be had though.

Please remember, we mods don't make the rules, we just enforce them to the best of our abilities. You'll have to punch much higher to get changes made.

If the cumulative 1.75 active mods agree on how to handle things then why bother trying to ask "captain mia" in the first place? What's he going to do, fire everyone when he pops in for his annual visit?

And what vendor would be upset in this fantasy? There are what, 10 total active vendors and a handful of vendor stars exist only because of PayPals auto renewal.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Gotta love when you have answers but your posts have to be approved from the mods. Of course, they're not going to get to it any time soon.... I don't know why I'm still even trying.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

There is that attitude again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnywachter View Post
Gotta love when you have answers but your posts have to be approved from the mods. Of course, they're not going to get to it any time soon.... I don't know why I'm still even trying.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
There is that attitude again.

Ok dad.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:09 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Its kid, not dad.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:16 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

sorry bud.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Its alright.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

You guys are reminding me of this:

rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

"Guy"

Old 03-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
You guys are reminding me of this:]
Nothing wrong with Buddy Guy
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #53
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Nothing wrong with Buddy Guy
Hell yeah, can we turn this dumpster fire thread into a buddy guy thread?

You can hear him fighting with the guitar in I smell a rat

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKXdrj6PfDU
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

can i just say i really appreciate the hard work this guy - sorry... uh, member put into this amazing suspension? he didn't even have the intention of selling it so i take partial responsibility since i was one of those guys sorry members that said i would buy at least 2 of these kits...

so to all involved, i am sorry. sincerely.
i need to start editing my brain to type "acquire" instead of purchase/buy/sell... etc.

even though we have a thread outside of the classifieds talking about what is the last thing you BOUGHT. *rolleyes*
okay sarcastic stab over. i really am sorry.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #55
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
He has. Just not here.

Im aware, and last thing this place needs is loosing more quality builds to other social media outlets.

Quote:
I wanted a build thread, not a feeler thread or a black market sales thread. I completely agree you should pay for the star if you want to sell. I wasn't planning on selling it on RCC at the time.

I deleted it because I didn't want the drama. That's it, that is the only reason. It was getting out of hand.

I still don't think I was in the wrong in my original thread, I went back and deleted anything that had to do with a "feeler". Originally I was in the wrong, yes, but when I found out I was I fixed it.

Quote:

Im not seeing your posts needing mod approval? where have you posted that it says that?

I touched base with Jason, Ill be having a conversation with him to try and get things back on track here...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:14 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

Im not seeing your posts needing mod approval? where have you posted that it says that?

It was in the thread.... maybe someone else deleted it?
Old 03-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post

I remember when I first joined here back in December, I first tried to post in the Newbies Post Here thread. I typed up and submitted an intro post, and it never showed up. I tried posting again moments later, and actually read the popup that I ignored the first go-'round, and it said my post needed moderator approval.

The post never did show up. Maybe the system is a little broken? I was posting from Tapatalk.

Other than that, I've never had any other problems with posts not showing up, or needing to be approved.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
I remember when I first joined here back in December, I first tried to post in the Newbies Post Here thread. I typed up and submitted an intro post, and it never showed up. I tried posting again moments later, and actually read the popup that I ignored the first go-'round, and it said my post needed moderator approval.

The post never did show up. Maybe the system is a little broken? I was posting from Tapatalk.

Other than that, I've never had any other problems with posts not showing up, or needing to be approved.
Yes, that's what happens to me.. but the pop up goes away so fast I can't see it or undo it...
Old 03-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #59
RCC Addict

I thought all new members had a 30 post period where your posts had to be mod approved. This is another legacy system that was supposed to prevent you from gaining access to the classifieds by just spamming "nice" in 30 different threads, but since posts in Chit Chat don't contribute to your post count then IDK what happens.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It was in the thread.... maybe someone else deleted it?

You know, I got a little something to say. This is the last thing I'm saying in this thread too.

It doesn't take much effort to post up pictures of a build here, let alone repost if it was deleted.

Hell, I post my projects that I care about even if nobody reacts, or replies to it. This forum is a loaded information sack of saline you can inject into your brain as long as you can stand it. With that being said, you AND others can come back to a thread and have a look, get ideas, figure out where you messed up, do a throwback build, blah blah blah.. the list goes on.

Post up a tech filled thread again. I bet you $100 bucks THX_138 wont delete it if you go easy on the remarks and don't break a rule doing it.

You had a cool rig goin man.

IFS Durango from 1.9 section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st gen Durango IFS TRUE SCALE (you're going to want to see this) jonnywachter 1.9 Scale Rigs 307 03-02-2022 01:43 PM
IFS-Class 4 Section ? the DMG Comments, Suggestions, and Help 44 05-06-2014 03:43 PM
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM