Notices

Thread: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 01:17 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I will be restoring the thread, all I ask is that you re read through it and remove anything that maybe be towards a feeler issues

Weather or not the guy sells isn't relative at this point, if he wants to post a build thread I see no reason why he cant...

I guess everyone forgot about John Boyer??? John Boyer was THE GUY for tube chassis back in the day, countless members had his chassis, there were countless build threads, etc. John DID NOT advertise here, nor did he EVER purchase a blue star. quite honestly with his quality of work, everyone knew how to get in touch with him...Should we have deleted everyone's build threads that had a boyer chassis? NO...

I'm making an executive decision to restore jonnys thread, and I will personally monitor as its in the SCALE forum which was my section at one point.

As for the future of this forum, I'm not at liberty to discuss my conversation I held with jason. What I will say is, the only guarantee in life is death... take that for what its worth.
how do you like one part of a post and dislike another? I was all in until the last few sentences, and that part made me sad.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #82
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
how do you like one part of a post and dislike another? I was all in until the last few sentences, and that part made me sad.

Forums around the web are hurting everywhere, due to facebook, instagram, etc etc.

I am doing my best and trying to plan a head for the future of RCC and what changes can be made for the better.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Forums around the web are hurting everywhere, due to facebook, instagram, etc etc.

I am doing my best and trying to plan a head for the future of RCC and what changes can be made for the better.
I'll be the first to admit I'm a dinosaur, but I can't stand social media of any kind, so I hope for very selfish reasons this forum doesn't go anywhere. This and youtube are where I find all my ideas and inspiration.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit I'm a dinosaur, but I can't stand social media of any kind, so I hope for very selfish reasons this forum doesn't go anywhere. This and youtube are where I find all my ideas and inspiration.

I'd argue this forum, and YouTube are both "social media."
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I will be restoring the thread, all I ask is that you re read through it and remove anything that maybe be towards a feeler issues

I'm making an executive decision to restore jonnys thread, and I will personally monitor as its in the SCALE forum which was my section at one point.
Cool. Solid move. Hopefully, collectively, the mods and members can dial down the drama level on the subject to a level lower than the latest season of the bachelor. lol

Quote:
What I will say is, the only guarantee in life is death... take that for what its worth.

I thought it was death, and taxes. You mean I can evade those?

Last edited by rkj__; 03-08-2019 at 02:11 PM.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:17 PM   #86
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Keep it up 1BJB. There are options around and a future to be had.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
There have been engineers/designers/machinists/assorted professionals that sprinkle some CAD into their build threads. And as cheap and accessible as those tools have become, quite a few home gamers as well.

As much as I hate the phrase, perception is reality. If you're selling parts elsewhere (we do check and it's pretty easy) but only doing personal projects here, that puts you in an impossible corner, even if you are 100% honest about it.

That's easily the most chicken shit thing I've read today. Posting pics here but not slanging them here is somehow against the rules? And people wonder why this place is barely holding onto its relevancy.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thank you sir!
jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #89
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
That's easily the most chicken shit thing I've read today. Posting pics here but not slanging them here is somehow against the rules? And people wonder why this place is barely holding onto its relevancy.
It's kind of a grey area as there is nothing explicit about that in the rules. Should someone be able to post a build thread with the honest intent to not promote their own product? Yes. Are there people that try to post build threads with the intent to promote their own product on the sly? Also yes. Intent is not always clear on the internet though, and the latter are the ones that ruin things for the former.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:18 AM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It's kind of a grey area as there is nothing explicit about that in the rules. Should someone be able to post a build thread with the honest intent to not promote their own product? Yes. Are there people that try to post build threads with the intent to promote their own product on the sly? Also yes. Intent is not always clear on the internet though, and the latter are the ones that ruin things for the former.
It's not a gray area at all. If someone posts pics of what they're working on and do not offer them for sale or mention that they are or will be for sale elsewhere, how is that suddenly a call for a vendor star?

I remember waaaaay back when people were getting in trouble for pimping without a star for actually pming people offering their services. That I understand. But posting pics and answering questions about whether parts & pieces would be for sale is much different since it lacks nefarious intent.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:24 AM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-trash View Post
it's not a gray area at all. If someone posts pics of what they're working on and do not offer them for sale or mention that they are or will be for sale elsewhere, how is that suddenly a call for a vendor star?

I remember waaaaay back when people were getting in trouble for pimping without a star for actually pming people offering their services. That i understand. But posting pics and answering questions about whether parts & pieces would be for sale is much different since it lacks nefarious intent.
this.
jonnywachter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #92
Suck it up!

Quote:
It's not a gray area at all. If someone posts pics of what they're working on and do not offer them for sale or mention that they are or will be for sale elsewhere, how is that suddenly a call for a vendor star?
You're moving the goalposts.

But it's still a grey area. I don't know all of the details from the Durango thread situation, so I can't/won't comment on that specifically, but some people do try to exploit the loophole.

Quote:
But posting pics and answering questions about whether parts & pieces would be for sale is much different since it lacks nefarious intent.
That depends on how the question is answered.

edit: so I went through the deleted posts on the Durango thread. The way potential availability was being discussed made it uncomfortably close to being a feeler thread.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 03-09-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You're moving the goalposts.

But it's still a grey area. I don't know all of the details from the Durango thread situation, so I can't/won't comment on that specifically, but some people do try to exploit the loophole.

That depends on how the question is answered.

edit: so I went through the deleted posts on the Durango thread. The way potential availability was being discussed made it uncomfortably close to being a feeler thread.

What goal posts am I moving? Did he say I'm going to sell these parts? Did someone ask if they'd be for sale and he said maybe?

Uncomfortable is not equal to penetration. No gray area.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #94
Suck it up!

Quote:
What goal posts am I moving?
Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but it seemed like you were talking about two slightly different scenarios.

There are tons of people that make things here and don't sell them anywhere. There are people with obvious ties to manufacturers that build using their products without obvious promotion. Then there are those that fall in the middle that don't sell here but do sell elsewhere, and there are those that try to promote products that they are directly but not obviously tied to. It's not all black and white and it's handled on a case by case basis.

Quote:
Did someone ask if they'd be for sale and he said maybe?
Without going all grey area on you, yes.

Quote:
Uncomfortable is not equal to penetration.
The "bent over to pick up the soap, seeing another pair of feet directly behind yours, and feeling a hand on your hip" kind of uncomfortable.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:51 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Maybe I interpreted it wrong, but it seemed like you were talking about two slightly different scenarios.

There are tons of people that make things here and don't sell them anywhere. There are people with obvious ties to manufacturers that build using their products without obvious promotion. Then there are those that fall in the middle that don't sell here but do sell elsewhere, and there are those that try to promote products that they are directly but not obviously tied to. It's not all black and white and it's handled on a case by case basis.

Without going all grey area on you, yes.

The "bent over to pick up the soap, seeing another pair of feet directly behind yours, and feeling a hand on your hip" kind of uncomfortable.

Someone took issue when I posted about dlux making new axle shafts for several applications and I got a verbal to knock it off or buy a vendor star. Right, I have zero to gain by people buying the shafts. Yes Erik and I go back 15ish years but I still buy my parts just like anyone else, even the prototype stuff I get to play with sometimes. That silly incident pretty well convinced me to stop buying a star here. Good job, someone really showed me what for.

What makes you uncomfortable simply puts a smile on others faces so don't get too caught up in your narrowed moderator enforcer of rules view.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Brother,,,,,,, you are not alone, on this you and i seem very much alike.
And IMO it have nothing to do with dinosaur if you ask me, just common sense which many seem to have lost.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:24 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Brother,,,,,,, you are not alone, on this you and i seem very much alike.
And IMO it have nothing to do with dinosaur if you ask me, just common sense which many seem to have lost.
Count me in, same here, I'm not on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, none of that stuff. I like this forum first, then YouTube then other forums.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Count me in, same here, I'm not on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, none of that stuff. I like this forum first, then YouTube then other forums.

I second that without any reservations!

There is a saying overhere:
"Anyone who marries the zeitgeist will soon be a widower"

(sorry if poorly translated, but you get the gist )
Stollenritter is offline   Reply With Quote

IFS Durango from 1.9 section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st gen Durango IFS TRUE SCALE (you're going to want to see this) jonnywachter 1.9 Scale Rigs 307 03-02-2022 01:43 PM
IFS-Class 4 Section ? the DMG Comments, Suggestions, and Help 44 05-06-2014 03:43 PM
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM