Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Where did the IFS Durango from 1.9 section go? Did it finally get the boot? That was a great ongoing thread. If it got the boot from the "kit selling" talk i understand. But, maybe someone has time just filter that out and keep the thread? Could have been another legendary RCC build but it got the hammer instead. As a CAD and 3D printing enthusiast, I was blown away at those skills and would love to see more. Please save the thread.

If I am just an idiot and cant find it, please someone just post a link.... I was looking at his printed parts the other day and just went peaking around for an update if he got them installed....
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: IFS Durango from 1.9 section

Its gone. I warned him.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Bummer, I do recall the discussions, heads up, and warnings..... Sad, could have been very good. Thanks, was hoping it was just moved or something
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I cant recall was section it was in. I can check my history on my tapatalk app later.

Though I thought he edited out himself talking about the selling? I'm not sure.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well that’s really disappointing. I was really looking forward to future updates.

Dude, if you’re reading this, you need to start a blog somewhere so that you can share your project, in an environment that is not burdened by [moderator edit].

Last edited by rkj__; 03-04-2019 at 06:09 AM. Reason: language
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:51 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

unfawking real...I need to get Jason on the handle
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:31 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

So it was okay by you for him to basically post/ feeling for interest while he was working on his project?

I think I need to get a talkin to Jason. Everybody has to follow the same rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
unfawking real...I need to get Jason on the handle
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2019, 06:58 AM   #8
RCC Addict

That's definitely not allowed, if you wanna do that you have to have a vendor's star, yeah it kinda sucks but that's the rules I found out the hard way and got an infraction, it's expired now and it was totally my fault for not entirely reading the rules. If you wanna sell something get your ducks in a row, buy the star and go from there. I'm not bashing anyone or the site it's clearly written in the rules if you read them. I made the mistake of not reading them.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Deleting highly popular content in favor of strict adherence to the rules is a great way to make sure this site keeps struggling. The traffic that thread created was potentially worth a lot more than him buying a star. Someone needs to start running this place like a business.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Deleting highly popular content in favor of strict adherence to the rules is a great way to make sure this site keeps struggling. The traffic that thread created was potentially worth a lot more than him buying a star. Someone needs to start running this place like a business.
I agree it was good for the site traffic wise, this site still has plenty of activity though, granted not like it was in the older days but you can't let something slide for one person and not for another. Yes in my opinion there needs to be some more attention paid to the site by the people running it or for it to be passed off to those that will give it more attention, it's just like anything else in life, things change, priorities change, and interests change. There's a lot of traffic to this site still though, there's other R/C sites that I visit that may have a new post once a week in thread. Again no matter what's going on traffic wise there are rules and those running it can enforce them if you're gonna let one slide you gotta let the other guys slide too or you're gonna have a whole bunch of unneeded drama going on.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #11
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
So it was okay by you for him to basically post/ feeling for interest while he was working on his project?

I think I need to get a talkin to Jason. Everybody has to follow the same rules.

No its not allowed for him to do vendor feel, however, I feel that current state the RCC is in I dont think we need to be shit canning good build threads... I think it coulda been handled differently...

Not that I need to explain myself to you

Feel free to reach out to Jason yourself though
Old 03-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

No need. I agree with you. I for sure thought the man (op) fixed it himself..? Maybe you could check?

From what you first said i thought that you thought it was okay for him to post like that. Thats why i said what i said.

I liked his CAD skills. Im not a Mod. So i dont know how it went down other than "poof" its gone.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #13
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
No need. I agree with you. I for sure thought the man (op) fixed it himself..? Maybe you could check?

From what you first said i thought that you thought it was okay for him to post like that. Thats why i said what i said.

I liked his CAD skills. Im not a Mod. So i dont know how it went down other than "poof" its gone.

The problem we have here is a certain mod rules with an iron fist here...it put myself and other mods in a tough position because we dont need people mom and popping each other. However, with the current state of RCC and in the effort to get traffic and volume up I would have handled it differently. I dont know how it went down with the Mod that handled it but there is a lot of posts axed that I wouldnt personally have axed. Posts even in MY threads... its getting out of hand IMO
Old 03-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I would also like to add that it sucks the build thread is gone, it was a great build and was watching it a bit, guy has some skills. I would also like to say I don't entirely agree with the rule about putting out feelers for trying to see if there's an interest in something, if there's not an interest then you're out the money you paid for the vendor's star, but in the same breath it is a rule and I didn't make it so it is what is.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:44 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
The problem we have here is a certain mod rules with an iron fist here...it put myself and other mods in a tough position because we dont need people mom and popping each other. However, with the current state of RCC and in the effort to get traffic and volume up I would have handled it differently. I dont know how it went down with the Mod that handled it but there is a lot of posts axed that I wouldnt personally have axed. Posts even in MY threads... its getting out of hand IMO
I know who you are talking about. Its not a bad thing to rule with the iron fist. But when you guys dont work as a team.. Its why it can get out of hand.

You guys need to understand that communication is important. Ill also add, i mostly only go to him over issues because i know he will get it done.

Being a mod to me means that you have to play First Sergeant on the forum.

If you can you should talk to him. Ask him what happened. Talk it over. You guys are a team! Need to start acting like a team too.

He sees this forum as a mess. I dont blame him. It kind of is.

I still agree with you that that thread could have been handled differently. Maybe not get axed, but edited and a time out for the OP to be fair with the subject.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The rule is a good rule that should stay in place. I can give plenty of examples.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:12 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I still agree with you that that thread could have been handled differently. Maybe not get axed, but edited and a time out for the OP to be fair with the subject.

I feel that it is very confusing for the community to just wake up and find that the tread which many were following with interest, has vanished.

I would have expected to at least see a note from a moderator citing what rules were broken (or at least that rules were broken, period), and then the thread being locked for no further commenting.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #18
~THE SCALE SHOP~

everybody off to jasons

yes several years ago, (when we had tons of paying vendors) they added the no "feeler" threads rule
i did not see the thread in question. but any mention of possibly selling something in the future is against rules here. especially when "multiples" are possibly going to be made available for sale.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yes several years ago, (when we had tons of paying vendors) they added the no "feeler" threads rule
i did not see the thread in question. but any mention of possibly selling something in the future is against rules here. especially when "multiples" are possibly going to be made available for sale.
The guy started the build to make an IFS for his SCXII chassis because he wanted a scale Durango then got bombarded with posts like "when can I buy it?", "where do I order?", and "I'll take 8 of those kits!". The OP tried to point it away from turning into a feeler thread but apparently not hard enough.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #20
~THE SCALE SHOP~

its hard to turn the human brain off when dollar signs give it grand ideas
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote

IFS Durango from 1.9 section - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st gen Durango IFS TRUE SCALE (you're going to want to see this) jonnywachter 1.9 Scale Rigs 307 03-02-2022 01:43 PM
IFS-Class 4 Section ? the DMG Comments, Suggestions, and Help 44 05-06-2014 03:43 PM
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM