Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Really tough 3 weeks for me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Really tough 3 weeks for me

I haven't been on here much lately, well actually really since the 21st, anyhow my Dad had a heart attack almost three weeks ago now and on March 21st he lost his fight and passed away in the hospital, I'm so lost without him, there is so much to do and I'm slowly working on it daily but it's so hard to concentrate on tasks. He made things as easy as he could with early planning and really left me in a good place but all the money and material things will never replace him. I'll get back to posting at some point but R/C is on the back burner for a bit. I just haven't had it in me since the 21st, anyhow Thanks for reading and I'll be back at some point to see what the next forum drama is going on, hopefully it's just a bunch of new build threads and no more on the like button.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Really tough 3 weeks for me

I feel for you man, a close family friend and his brother just lost their dad a few months back and we went to the memorial service. My brother and I also lost our dad several years ago, it's rough.

Just remember all the great times you both had together and take it one day at a time, the pain will lessen and they will become warm and fond remembrances.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

Ah man, that is tough. I am so sorry for the loss. It sounds like you guys were close. Life is a great irony. It is such a gift and yet can be sucha shit sandwich.

We will all be here when you get back to the hobby bench. My prayers are with you and your family
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Very sorry to hear this. You and your family have my sincere condolences. I'm sure that you're supporting others around you but when YOU need support, don't hesitate to reach out to others. Anything that anyone in this community can do... just know that we're here for you.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Sorry to hear that Kincer. Hope you’re back at peace again soon.

Lots of great words and sentiment above.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:55 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

That sucks man, really sorry to hear that.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:25 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Not quite on this level, but for the past days i have been a little nervous.
But i just got the RPLY from the experts and i do not need to go to the hospital and have my "colon" explored from the bottom and up.

I know for most people this are not a big deal, but for me its a big deal, not least due to my intense dislike for hospitals and doctors,,, that's to a level where i physically feel sick to my stomach and a little lightheaded.
In regard to someone close to you dying, well right now i feel pretty casual about that, but i also know that's easy to say when you haven't really tried it yet.
I might fall to pieces when it come down to it, cuz i have noticed that after i have stopped smoking weed, or maybe its the age thing, anyway nowadays i am far more emotional than i have ever been before.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:28 PM   #8

Sorry to hear that! I can't even imagine what you're going through. You can PM me if you ever need to talk.

Take care of yourself during this tough time. Things will get better as hard as it is to believe.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear that Kincer, we're all here for u my friend! Its rough, granted my dads still here, but i lost my grandpa almost a yr ago. Im still havin a hard time dealin with that. We talked for hrs every sat n now i feel lost not talkin to him. Then right around thanksgiving/christmas we thought my dad had a stroke. Thank God it was just a spell. It was temp amnesia. Dr said they dont know y it happens, but its not likely to happen again. Im just glad he was home n not out on the road wen it happened.

If u need anything, dont hesitate to ask. Just take it one step at a time

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Your dad lives within you so take care of yourself.

Time will heal the wound but not the marks.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear. My boss is going through the same thing. Mine was about 15 years ago. Words cannot change anything, but it's nice to know people are thinking of you.
Come back and hang out, catch some threads.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:03 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'll for sure be around but it will be here and there for now. I have my moments and some time will ease the hurt and I'll be back to my old self at some point. Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2019, 06:10 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sorry for your loss Kincer, my wife and I are going through some similar issues. Her eldest brother had a stroke a month ago, and can no longer live by himself, and my elder brother passed away 2 weeks ago.

Keep your head above water by reminiscing about the good times with your Pop, and know that he's in a better place.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Sorry for your loss bud'. A tornado took my dad 10 years ago this May. Ironically, it was cleaning up his Revo (one of the few things that survived the twister) that got me back into this hobby again. And that led me here, where I've "met" a bunch of really good guys.
Like in nature .... sometimes good things grow from bad times. It WILL get easier. And we'll be here when you get back to us.
Hang in there. Best wishes.

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:42 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Wings of fire put it best.
He lives on in you.

Really its true. Since I lost my pop in 2015 I have noticed more and more how much I am like a chip off the old block.
Best part is, you get to cherry pick the good things lol
I left out the alcoholism... I have other addictive traits but try to keep them positive like rc for example.

And check out tje first page of my 79 ford thread. Its really been therapeutic building a tribute to my pops old truck. and made some truly amazing friends here in the process.

But yeah most of all take time to grieve a bit, but make sure you live life to the fullest and know he is looking down and hopes to see you are doing okay.

Come back here when you are good and ready. And yes hopefully better things than a like button thread lol

*BIG HUG*
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:02 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

My condolences, I lost my dad 14 years ago this month..I think of him often, remember the good times..time heals.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:48 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

thoughts with my brother
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear about your loss brother. I know the feeling. I just lost my dad to cancer just over a year ago. I'm here for you if you need anything.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Thanks again guys for all the kind words, my condolences go out to all of you as well for your losses. I went back to work today and that helped a lot to help me feel a little back to normal. Day by day I feel just a little better.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:03 PM   #20
RCC Addict

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy loosing a loved one. My dad passed in 1980 and I still think about him frequently. We are here if you need to talk!
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Really tough 3 weeks for me - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 more weeks theblackmonky Arizona 1 09-26-2014 11:56 PM
See you in a few weeks! Plays_with_Toys Chit Chat 6 05-26-2005 03:03 PM