Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Kyosho outlaw rampage pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Kyosho outlaw rampage pro

BigSquid did an unboxing and some random guy on Facebook has one (in the US) so maybe RPP's "late July" won't get pushed back another month this time. This has been a long pre-order but the running videos look great and I'm still really looking forward to it. Meanwhile it's been entertaining to watch the Facebook mob whine about the motor on axle setup
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

welp… time to warm up my ebay sellers account lol
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Man.... there are quite a few kits I still want to pick up..... this being one of them.

I still haven't picked up the Turbo Optima which I've been meaning to do. Then there's the VS410 Pro, whatever the next Enduro is might be enticing too... arrrrgh....

firing up ebay sellers account too.....
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:26 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

All this talk of new R/Cs...

It's giving me the "itch".

I spent this evening looking at the MST RMX 2.0 RWD RTR Toyota Soarer Brushless, as I haven't had an on-road RC of any sort since my apartment fire some 7-8 years ago... and never had a drifter.

I'm stuck deciding between $339 for the MST, $215 for a 4-tec 2.0 brushed chassis (plus a KillerBody Mitsubishi Evo pre-painted Advan-style body for another $50 and probably a different set of wheels and tires), or goin' whole-hog on a HPI Ken Block Fiesta WR8 Flux for $399!

I'm just not sure if on-road/drift/rally is what I really want right now - I'd likely not be running it with anyone else, unlike my crawlers - but I don't need another crawler as I still have work to do on existing projects...

However, I should just sit on my little bit of extra funds and wait out these urges, as I frankly don't feel like going outside until summer's over!

Last edited by durok; 07-23-2019 at 11:31 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I couldnt keep the itch away.. I bought a new latrax pre runner (sst) in blue. I now take it to work with me and drive it on my lunch time. I really should be working on my designs for projects instead.

My sons old sst is next to the new one. For how quick these are and how cheap they are.. Cant really beat the fun price. Plus the new ones come with metal gears.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:28 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Backorder still in place...RPP still says late July. Glad to see they are trickling out. Finally!! Good things come to those who wait!!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:33 AM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I couldnt keep the itch away.. I bought a new latrax pre runner (sst) in blue. I now take it to work with me and drive it on my lunch time. I really should be working on my designs for projects instead.

My sons old sst is next to the new one. For how quick these are and how cheap they are.. Cant really beat the fun price. Plus the new ones come with metal gears.
I have a 1st gen SST. They are great fun when you don't have a ton of space to run in. I will get the metal diff gears at some point although the stock plastic gears are still holding up, amazingly.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:36 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
All this talk of new R/Cs...

It's giving me the "itch".

I spent this evening looking at the MST RMX 2.0 RWD RTR Toyota Soarer Brushless, as I haven't had an on-road RC of any sort since my apartment fire some 7-8 years ago... and never had a drifter.

I'm stuck deciding between $339 for the MST, $215 for a 4-tec 2.0 brushed chassis (plus a KillerBody Mitsubishi Evo pre-painted Advan-style body for another $50 and probably a different set of wheels and tires), or goin' whole-hog on a HPI Ken Block Fiesta WR8 Flux for $399!

I'm just not sure if on-road/drift/rally is what I really want right now - I'd likely not be running it with anyone else, unlike my crawlers - but I don't need another crawler as I still have work to do on existing projects...

However, I should just sit on my little bit of extra funds and wait out these urges, as I frankly don't feel like going outside until summer's over!

I was looking hard at the RMX 2.0 RTR. What got me interested is the video online that shows a guy test-drifting each one before it goes out the door. I love the idea of a drift car set up by pros that just works. I had a Sakura D4 kit that worked well enough but it was my first RWD drifter so I never knew for sure if I had the setup right.

We're getting pretty far off topic here, but we gotta do something to pass the time...

Old 07-27-2019, 10:54 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Same situation...
Enduro just released a rear cage bed, and I still need a winch controller and a few other doodads for the enduro to get it where I want it.
But lile durok, its too damn hot! And buying a drifter sure sounds fun... Dirk just to tempt you even more lol the yokomo yd2 kits can be had for under 170 at rcmart. I'm thinking at that price I can try my project of hacking the rear off and making a solid axle accurate ae86 drifter. But that could escalate quickly.

Yes. Wait and see...
Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Why hack the rear off? Why not start with an aluminum plate and front suspension components. Build it to a similar rear as a baja rey just mount the shocks to the axle. My vote for axle would be ascender. Easy to narrow but doesnt have a ball diff ability..

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 09:47 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Oh sorry my post was a bit confusing...
I was talking about turning a yokomo drift chassis into absolid axle rear accurate toyota AE86 drifter.

As for this rig? I was about to convert my yeti to a slash wheelbase and remove the front drivetrain, but my buddy was over and saw it damn near on tje operating table and begged me not to do it, offered me monies and now hes having a blast with it.
Kinda borrowed those monies towards the enduro, but now I made more monies to put back towards a go fast replacement of my yeti... Ergo... I would like very much to purchase one of these neato looking kyosho thingies!
Old 07-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Maybe i didnt put my post in the right words. The baja rey is easy to slide around. Maybe start with a fresh aluminum or cf plate to kinda follow what the baja rey suspension is like and make the 86 rolla that way. Ascender or hammers rear. Easily narrowed to fit body. Front suspension from eagle.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2019, 09:56 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Just got the email- now in stock at Kyosho USA.

Assuming RPP and other shops should be seeing them shortly!
Old 08-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #74

This looks awesome, but MOA kills it, IMO. Really hoping a scale SCT with front or mid motor set up comes out soon.
BlackVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

My RPP order shipped today! Yahoo!

Of course, away camping all next week... figures! Guess I waited nearly 4 months, I can wait a few more days...
Old 08-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

I really want this, but I need to save up funds for the VS410 Pro and the Kyosho Turbo Optima....
Old 08-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I really want this, but I need to save up funds for the VS410 Pro and the Kyosho Turbo Optima....
Definitely save your money for the vs410 Pro. What is the Kyosho turbo Optima, a Drifter? I've been intrigued by 2wd Drifters here lately.

EDIT: never mind. I just Googled it, the Optima Turbo. It looks like fun

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Last edited by MaX-D; 08-02-2019 at 04:14 PM.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Got it! Came in from RPP last week. It's gonna be awhile before I find time to put it together but I did poke around the contents of the box. Pre-cut body, pre-mounted tires, and pre-assembled chassis. You have to fill the shocks and install them, install the swaybars and some other doo-dads, paint the body, and of course add your own electronics.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:11 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Excited, mine comes in today. I had a vacation hold on it since I was away last week. Workbench is empty, ready to go!
Old 08-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to see what you guys think.

Kyosho outlaw rampage pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho Outlaw Ultima Xporter Non Crawler RC's 10 08-03-2017 04:21 AM
Rampage MT PRO ATV Richalaska Videos! 3 03-10-2016 05:43 AM
Kyosho Outlaw Rampage Truck grizzlypaugh Non Crawler RC's 5 04-11-2012 04:14 AM