Thread: Welp, things didn't go as expected today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Welp, things didn't go as expected today

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
I'd like to have a better laying job too, although I don't see how that would help with a hospital bill...

Just remember you never pay a medical bill until you get the third one...some of them seem to get magically settled, or just disappear.

Hope you're feeling better!

Fawk up noted and corrected

I had just finished paying what I thought was the part my insurer didn't cover, that was just short of $450. Billing already had laid out a payment plan of $136/month until July 2022 for what I owe. Told my current and original bosses at my current employer that it cost just over $40k if you include what the insurance DID cover....that was the first time I've heard my current boss swear and guy I started there under just kept saying "$40 Grand?!", or some variation of that at least a dozen times! His Daughter now works at Rush in Chicago with heart surgeons in the O.R., be interesti g if he gas questions for her this weekend!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Ok, on top of what I've paid off and what I still have yet to start paying on, I just got another bill for almost $450, bringing the grand total I'm responsible for to $5794.62 out of pocket of the $40k+ that the full bill was. I've decided to use the fact that my deductable is now met to deal with leg issues I've had for a better part of the last decade and never been able to properly get them taken care of, should be interesting to see if what I owe goes up any more now.....
Old 11-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Well, things with this just got weird............

I have two Dr's appointments Monday (one was planned and was able to schedule the other since I took half the day off!) and went to look on the app that I can access things that as well as pay bills through to see exactly when they were scheduled to I could tell my parents (Mom asked out of curiousity) and figured that I might as well pay towards the $4,800 or so I still owed on and discovered that $4,400 of that remaining hospital bill had disappeared and there was a note stating that I had paid $4,800 or so of my balance to far?! I paniced and checked the credit card to make sure I hadn't somehow gone into overdraft or something paying for this and only saw my last payment from 3.5 weeks ago of $150.00 as my latest transaction to that account?!

Needless to say, I will have to ask at one of my appointments on Monday about this to see WTF happened here!
Old 12-24-2019, 07:01 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

well, im in tears. this has never happemed to me before. i wasnt expecting this to happen to a person like me. especially my family. went out to dinner today (christmas eve) like we do every year. another family paid for our 100 dollar dinner bill..
my dad tipped 50 and i had to pass on a 50 to the next table. still in tears.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
well, im in tears. this has never happemed to me before. i wasnt expecting this to happen to a person like me. especially my family. went out to dinner today (christmas eve) like we do every year. another family paid for our 100 dollar dinner bill..
my dad tipped 50 and i had to pass on a 50 to the next table. still in tears.

You know paying it forward dosent need to be money right? You could have helped a neighbor with their yard or something...

When your just passing money, that's money laundering. How exactly did something good happen when you were given $100, then gave $100 away 5 Minuts later. How would that make anyones life better?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 12-24-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
You know paying it forward dosent need to be money right? You could have helped a neighbor with their yard or something...

When your just passing money, that's money laundering. How exactly did something good happen when you were given $100, then gave $100 away 5 Minuts later. How would that make anyones life better?

its not about somebody making my life easier. i already have it easy. i passed on the good deed to a different family who didnt have to pay for thier dinner. giving them a little more cushion in thier bank acount. i have helped my neighbors out more than once. i have helped a member or two on here. its just something i didnt expect to happen to me.

maybe bjoe's boss paid for his medical bills?

you can thank the inflation for making life about money.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:55 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

The "Pay it Forward" thing is cool, especially on bills that are that expensive!

I did find out what happened (and no, my employer didn't cover the balance), the hospital has a financial aid program that I had tried to sign up for when I ended up with an infected wound on my right leg in 2017, insurance covered all but about $1800 of that, and was declined on assistance for that, even though I had been fired from one job and was on unemployment for 5 weeks, had just started this job (better pay and benefits) all while still paying for my 200 I had paid off last year, and had to go on layoff for another 5 weeks that first year I was with the company about this time of year, but was declined at the time and had also managed to pay off that balance as well before this hospitalization happened. What ended up happening is that the hospital decided to apply that financial aid to the balance I owed them and wiped out the balance. When I looked into this, one of the doctors I was to see had gotten sick and had to reschedule for the next week, so I called billing and double checked when I got to the office as confirmation of what I was told on the phone. So far with what I won't be spending on the bill I have bought stuff for my immediate family (2 mo old niece in particular) as well as parts for my 200 and a yet to be started R/C project. I've given up on my XJ though, sad to say, and want to try and have it sold before I have to renew the plates and insurance in July.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:32 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
When your just passing money, that's money laundering.
Yes the illegal rc business is very lucrative. You're gonna need to look up money laundering.

Last edited by 351Beno; 12-28-2019 at 09:10 PM.
351Beno is offline   Reply With Quote

Welp, things didn't go as expected today - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welp, just picked this up today. BJoe Non Crawler RC's 37 07-28-2023 05:58 PM
cpl scale things i built today hotrodsonoma Scale Accessories 5 11-08-2011 05:08 PM
bought a few things today, trying to find out about a semi body AWILLIAMS64 Chit Chat 10 03-27-2009 01:53 AM
learned few things today four wheel peel HPI Wheely King 10 06-04-2007 05:20 PM