Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My CTS turned into a stroke???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 08:02 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: My CTS turned into a stroke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Them ain't stitches hoss, thems staples. Knocking your nugget against a hard surface isn't going to fix your brain. Try to avoid such action in the future.
I know the staples are on top but the forehead above the eye is 3 stitches... But i have bee tagged so now they watch me like a hawl lol

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Damn man, that's scary stuff. Hope you get the best outcome that you can.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

thats some heavy stuff the brain is amazing the way it reworks it self to keep things working and all i had a right side stroke about 7 years ago caused by a hereditairy hart condition i lost most of my use of the right side and the left side was extremely week but im stubern and wouldent leave it alone im at around 50% of what i used to be as of now and i owe alot of that to the rc hobbie as long as the mind is working the rest of the body will come around in time
even if i have to use the palm of my hand to use the controler cause my hand wont work that day i still get out and run out a pack

life dosent get any easyer as you go through it you just get better at dealing with it

so stay strong and fight even if you dont phisicly get better you will get better at dealing with it
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I know the staples are on top but the forehead above the eye is 3 stitches... But i have bee tagged so now they watch me like a hawl lol

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The day nurses wanted to put an alert on my bed if I tried to get out of bed too, night nurses didn't seem to think it was needed. Funny thing though, the second night at the shift change, the day and night nurses got into a disagreement over it, part of which was in front of Dad and myself

Hope things are going good for you, and remember what I said about wrenching on your R/Cs, see if the Drs think that would be ok as physical therapy if you haven't yet
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
"mind over matter" :thumbsup: that is the best skill to have. Got me through some rough patches and through basic training.

I wish you a smooth and speedy recovery. slow is smooth. smooth is fast.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
thats some heavy stuff the brain is amazing the way it reworks it self to keep things working and all i had a right side stroke about 7 years ago caused by a hereditairy hart condition i lost most of my use of the right side and the left side was extremely week but im stubern and wouldent leave it alone im at around 50% of what i used to be as of now and i owe alot of that to the rc hobbie as long as the mind is working the rest of the body will come around in time
even if i have to use the palm of my hand to use the controler cause my hand wont work that day i still get out and run out a pack

life dosent get any easyer as you go through it you just get better at dealing with it

so stay strong and fight even if you dont phisicly get better you will get better at dealing with it
Great advice too, and when we met at PLBTF 2018 you seemed like you're doing well to me. Positive thoughts to you and everyone else, hope we're all doing better everyday!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Okay here's an update basically I'm done working I'm going to be I'm going to be retired with disability and even though they're giving me 15 to 16 months and I know I'll be around longer than that but it certainly won't be 10 or 20 years like I would like most all of my crawlers have been sold locally since I can't deal with shipping and I will still flow around from time to time when possible I am in the hospital for another 6 weeks with radiation chemo and rehab and then once I'm home I'll update again and probably do some light work in the garage and some light surfing on the site just to kind of keep in touch and keep my mind occupied I deeply appreciate all the Care concerns and prayers and certainly hope that I can make the most of this which I'm pretty sure I can I'm pretty stubborn individual again thank you for all of the support is deeply appreciated
Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Okay here's an update basically I'm done working I'm going to be I'm going to be retired with disability and even though they're giving me 15 to 16 months and I know I'll be around longer than that but it certainly won't be 10 or 20 years like I would like most all of my crawlers have been sold locally since I can't deal with shipping and I will still flow around from time to time when possible I am in the hospital for another 6 weeks with radiation chemo and rehab and then once I'm home I'll update again and probably do some light work in the garage and some light surfing on the site just to kind of keep in touch and keep my mind occupied I deeply appreciate all the Care concerns and prayers and certainly hope that I can make the most of this which I'm pretty sure I can I'm pretty stubborn individual again thank you for all of the support is deeply appreciated
man, continued thoughts and good vibes headed your way.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Positivity to you. I’m stunned, but YOU can do this. Stay tough, We are all here for you

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

heavy stuff yo what ever you do dont get rid of all your rigs your gona need them to aid in your recovery

you should get a micro crawler for the hospital room a simple blanket on a pillow can eat up a bettery before you know it then move stuff and you have all new terain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
X2

Great advice too, and when we met at PLBTF 2018 you seemed like you're doing well to me. Positive thoughts to you and everyone else, hope we're all doing better everyday!
thanks yo i have good days and bad days and i have medication if i need to make a bad day a good one laitly ive been pushing my self and paying the price we are remodeling our houses out in johnson valley and its been kicking my butt its amazing how a 2 week job can turn in to 8 months and counting
i had a freind who had the same condition i do and got it around the same time i did hes not with us anymore im way more stubern than he was so im guessing being stubern is a good thing living like you have atleast 20 years left is good medicine for body and for the soul

dont give up doctors are good at cutting and making casts and running tests but there still practicing they dont have it down yet there just making educated guesses they dont realy know what to do ive got way more infomation on my own than from the doctors i also found out that some of the meds i was on was realy bad for my condition so watch them like a hawk your life depends on it

Last edited by ferp420; 06-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

All I can offer is that my best friend's brother has pancreatic cancer and I believe he is 4+ years past his "expiration date", so stay positive!
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

One of my dad's friend was a tow truck driver. One day a cable snapped and got him in the head pretty good. From that day his hair started growing pure white. The doctors told him he could have maybe a couple years if they put a metal plate in his head or maybe a couple of months without. He said "I ain't getting that ****ing thing put in my head just to die with." so he retired an sold off his tow truck and a bunch of stuff.

That was 40years ago and he is still tough as nails.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Positivity to you. I’m stunned, but YOU can do this. Stay tough, We are all here for you

Hang up and Drive
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
heavy stuff yo what ever you do dont get rid of all your rigs your gona need them to aid in your recovery

you should get a micro crawler for the hospital room a simple blanket on a pillow can eat up a bettery before you know it then move stuff and you have all new terain

thanks yo i have good days and bad days and i have medication if i need to make a bad day a good one laitly ive been pushing my self and paying the price we are remodeling our houses out in johnson valley and its been kicking my butt its amazing how a 2 week job can turn in to 8 months and counting
i had a freind who had the same condition i do and got it around the same time i did hes not with us anymore im way more stubern than he was so im guessing being stubern is a good thing living like you have atleast 20 years left is good medicine for body and for the soul

dont give up doctors are good at cutting and making casts and running tests but there still practicing they dont have it down yet there just making educated guesses they dont realy know what to do ive got way more infomation on my own than from the doctors i also found out that some of the meds i was on was realy bad for my condition so watch them like a hawk your life depends on it
X2, great recovery advice!

Getting old sucks and we all have better days than others. Yes, gotta be determined to live and watch docs like a hawk, way too much uninformed pill pushing going on these days!!! Also ime many medical docs don't do any research/reading on their own, totally unaware of most treatments except PILLS. Look into natural therapies/healing, there've been many things known/discovered that are as good or better than pills with terrible side effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
All I can offer is that my best friend's brother has pancreatic cancer and I believe he is 4+ years past his "expiration date", so stay positive!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

i figure its time for an update, things are not going well, they stopped the chemo due to problems with low platelette counts. all they are doing noe is radiation. they transferred me to a rehab facility and transport me to the treatments daily. this has been a nightmare, they used ambulance the first time then a medi-van a few times and yesterday they used uber which was a disaster. waited over 2 hours to be picked up to go back to the rehab.
when i got back i told them bluntly to never do that again! meals have been messed up and not what i ordered, never on time and always cold. i have 6 more days to del with this shit and then i get home.

my wife found a new treatment getting ready for human trials this fall. its call the tumor monorail by duke university, this looks very very promising and i am trying to get into the trials...i cant seem to link it with this tablet..but i will try

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...ive-brain.html

i also started a go fund me account to help my wife take care of funeral expenses since i lost my insurance from work,

http://link.email.dynect.net/link.ph...CNo1xOKJRHXYts

dont know if it works or is allowed...
Old 07-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Man... hang in there. DONT GIVE UP!
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i figure its time for an update, things are not going well, they stopped the chemo due to problems with low platelette counts. all they are doing noe is radiation. they transferred me to a rehab facility and transport me to the treatments daily. this has been a nightmare, they used ambulance the first time then a medi-van a few times and yesterday they used uber which was a disaster. waited over 2 hours to be picked up to go back to the rehab.
when i got back i told them bluntly to never do that again! meals have been messed up and not what i ordered, never on time and always cold. i have 6 more days to del with this shit and then i get home.

my wife found a new treatment getting ready for human trials this fall. its call the tumor monorail by duke university, this looks very very promising and i am trying to get into the trials...i cant seem to link it with this tablet..but i will try

i also started a go fund me account to help my wife take care of funeral expenses since i lost my insurance from work,

Man I hate to hear this, you are such a talented individual and seemed to be living life to its fullest. You'll get back to it, I have faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Man... hang in there. DONT GIVE UP!
Amen to that. Gotta keep on keepin on!
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Sending continued support to you. My wife and I will do what we can to help.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Ok guys, it's time to step up and help a fellow RCC contributor! allanon1965 needs a little help from us, I challenge all my friends on here to meet or beat my donation to his GO fund me account. I promise it will make your day!!!

Ernie

Link to fund: http://link.email.dynect.net/link.ph...CNo1xOKJRHXYts

Last edited by CODYBOY; 07-07-2019 at 07:07 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Ernie, my wife and i appreciate everything everyone is doing more than words can say, it means a lot to me knowing people in this world still can be kind and thoughtful..... thank you doesnt seem to be enough, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
Old 07-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #79
Go Buckeyes!

Sorry to hear. Keep your spirits high and be strong. You can beat this.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Ok guys, it's time to step up and help a fellow RCC contributor! allanon1965 needs a little help from us, I challenge all my friends on here to meet or beat my donation to his GO fund me account. I promise it will make your day!!!

Ernie
Great challenge Ernie! I hope all of us here will help out an RCC brother!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post

Ernie
I cant find it lol, got a link to it ernie?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote

My CTS turned into a stroke??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CTS-V body for Traxxas 4Tec2.0 :D Summitonslingrs Non Crawler RC's 3 11-11-2018 08:20 PM
Hennessy CTS-V STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 24 10-26-2012 08:37 PM
A Little 2 Stroke VS 4 Stroke Rivalry BFGcrawler418 Chit Chat 14 07-22-2011 11:45 AM
Hennessey CTS-V - Onstar Emergency? Shaun Chit Chat 1 09-22-2010 12:24 PM
Top Gear Test the ZR1- Cadillac CTS-V and a Challenger ....picture preview.... NorCal 2500HD Chit Chat 6 09-22-2008 02:39 PM