Thread: Forum dead??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #21
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Forum dead??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I would hit the like button, but we don't have it anymore!!!
Ernie
"LIKE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
This^^^

Any activity that’s still happening is in spite of the like button being removed. I get the concept, but it didn’t pan out. I don’t understand why the guns are being stuck too.

If it weren’t for the release of the element rc enduro, the ssd trail king, the vs410 pro, and even the mog and scx24, this place would be a ghost town.

Funny enough, all the people that were gung ho that the like button removed interaction have been darn near completely silent lately.
Agree 100%!

These new releases have created a lot of traffic and if it wasn't for them this place would be a ton slower.

Yes, where are they at???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
I bet If we started badmouthing the owners, mods and whatever, we could get noticed and blocked!
Agree!

But we shouldn't have to do that to get a response. When we ask a question aimed at an administrator or anybody else with authority, especially in the "Comments & Questions" section, we should get a response by somebody in charge.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2019, 05:45 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Like.....
Old 06-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Like and agree.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:35 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I lurk on the forums and don`t post much.I Don`t FB
Old 06-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Fascistbook is killing forums.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:08 PM   #26
RCC Addict

#bringbackRCC
Old 06-29-2019, 08:16 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Funny part is, the one Mod that returned all of a sudden to "turn things around" and eliminated the "like" button, is rarely on here anymore. Last time he was here was 3 days ago. You would think if he was all that concerned about what was going on here, he'd be here daily.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:57 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

This whole thread deserves a like. Can we get some new mods? Or atleast a "like" button? The mods seem more interested in killling the few viewers that are still left with rule, likeless threads and bans. What about combining some of the subforums and adding an element RC forum? ie: Combine the ax10 and ax10 gen2 to a shafty subforum. The XTM forum should be deleted, it is actually dead, xtm doesn't even make parts for crawlers anymore as far as I can tell. Maybe reduce the cost to become a vendor or do an annual star sale or both.

#bringbackRCC
Old 06-29-2019, 09:07 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I've chimed in on this already but it's been a while so I hope that my input will be respected as a reasonable opinion and not incessant whining. I've been involved in various forum communities for over a decade... both in admin capacity as well as member capacity and despite that I have only been on RCC for a couple years, I do feel as if I've at least got some valid insight here.

Yes... forum activity suffers due to FB, IG, on weekends, in the summertime, around holidays, etc. All of these things have played a part. But the recent decline here at RCC combines everything that's already been mentioned as well as the deletion of the 'LIKE' option imo.

When I come here, I read SO many threads and comments. Sometimes I even take notes of things. I drool over the builds ( although there's not many lately) and check out all the new parts, innovative ideas, etc. But as much as ALL of this interests me... what am I going to say?? Am I going to waste people's time by making neutral or unproductive comments? Nope... not in most instances. I just move on. And I think that others do too.

And as many 'likes' as I've received here... I don't get much feedback on my threads and posts either. And I wouldn't expect to. But the issue then becomes "Is anyone reading this?, Who am I talking to?" and "Why am I posting?". THAT is when I subsequently begin to post less, to interact less, and to eventually come here less.

I do RC because I enjoy it... period. What happens here on RCC doesn't discourage me from enjoying the hobby. But without 'likes' on this forum, I think it's hurting participation. You're simply not able to gauge other people's interest in what you're saying and what you're doing. For some folks, I understand that this isn't an issue and/ or they don't care. But with so many newcomers, we rely on 'likes'... for direction, for motivation, etc.

I sincerely wish that the owner(s) of this community could see the forest through the trees but currently they seem unwilling or unable to do that. I absolutely understand the reasoning behind axing the 'like' feature but for this particular forum... it's not working. I'm sure that at one time or on certain forums this was never an issue but just because the concept looks good on paper doesn't mean that it works in every scenario. Anyway... that's one guy's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:41 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I agree with highplains on his opinion. I've been here just a few years now and until recently just started posting more. I have learned a lot from this forum and enjoy it!! But if I feel I have nothing new to add to a thread besides a like or agree I just move along so I don't sound dumb or redundant. As far as posting build threads I want to but had technical problems, not smart enough to figure out the pic thing!! Yeah I've read the posting pics for idiots, I guess I'm just a special kind!!! I know there is a lot of knowledge and talent here building and modding these little trucks and I enjoy it!! Lets not give up!!! Just my 2 cents.
brian
Old 06-29-2019, 10:18 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
What are the Facebook groups? I’m in Dallas. Would like to find folks to go crawl with every so often. I’ll take any suggestion.
North Texas Scale Crawlers on Facebook has quite a bit of traffic and people commenting and posting regularly.

Also if you dont mind driving to East Texas we have a group there as well? East Texas RC Crawlers.

There is an event in Tyler next Saturday, July 6th being put on by Crawler Innovations.

With all that being said, I don't post a bunch on the Facebook groups and I do most of my stuff here. There is so much misinformation on FB and I do what I can to correct people and answer their questions and then I try to send them here.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:41 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Yeah this place has fo sho slowed to a snails place. A lot of the heavy hitters have moved on in life to bigger toys. Or simply outgrown the hobby. I have ADHD like a mofo so this hobby is something i always will play with. I dripped off the forum for a while, occasionally browsing the classifieds and more of everything on here lately with the new posts button.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
I think with the advent of FB groups a lot of forums are suffering. Numerous other forums I visits on occasion don't seem to have the activity they used to.
RCC 10 years ago you could hit new posts every 30 minutes and see all new shit.
Now that I think about it, it's about the same time they buried the Nylint subforum.
Resurrect it and I bet the forum does as well.
He'll, I bet DirkDigler might even come back
I roflol so hard! And let them mention "chainlink" crawler without getting banned.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 AM   #34
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Hope it comes back, far too many forums dieing off lately

Facebook just has too many pages, every time soe one upsets some one and new page grows, also way too hard to follow any sort build or information on there
Old 06-30-2019, 04:13 AM   #35
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I've chimed in on this already but it's been a while so I hope that my input will be respected as a reasonable opinion and not incessant whining. I've been involved in various forum communities for over a decade... both in admin capacity as well as member capacity and despite that I have only been on RCC for a couple years, I do feel as if I've at least got some valid insight here.

Yes... forum activity suffers due to FB, IG, on weekends, in the summertime, around holidays, etc. All of these things have played a part. But the recent decline here at RCC combines everything that's already been mentioned as well as the deletion of the 'LIKE' option imo.

When I come here, I read SO many threads and comments. Sometimes I even take notes of things. I drool over the builds ( although there's not many lately) and check out all the new parts, innovative ideas, etc. But as much as ALL of this interests me... what am I going to say?? Am I going to waste people's time by making neutral or unproductive comments? Nope... not in most instances. I just move on. And I think that others do too.

And as many 'likes' as I've received here... I don't get much feedback on my threads and posts either. And I wouldn't expect to. But the issue then becomes "Is anyone reading this?, Who am I talking to?" and "Why am I posting?". THAT is when I subsequently begin to post less, to interact less, and to eventually come here less.

I do RC because I enjoy it... period. What happens here on RCC doesn't discourage me from enjoying the hobby. But without 'likes' on this forum, I think it's hurting participation. You're simply not able to gauge other people's interest in what you're saying and what you're doing. For some folks, I understand that this isn't an issue and/ or they don't care. But with so many newcomers, we rely on 'likes'... for direction, for motivation, etc.

I sincerely wish that the owner(s) of this community could see the forest through the trees but currently they seem unwilling or unable to do that. I absolutely understand the reasoning behind axing the 'like' feature but for this particular forum... it's not working. I'm sure that at one time or on certain forums this was never an issue but just because the concept looks good on paper doesn't mean that it works in every scenario. Anyway... that's one guy's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
Well said Drifter, well said!
Old 06-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Yep, lack of a like button does get to you. I don't post too much and am relatively new to the hobby, so if I post pics in the post pics, not talking bit. How do I know if its worth posting them without a like feature?
I haven't done build threads as there are better ones than I could do anyway, and a lack of new sub forums, I've just bought the Element and there's nowt for that, the Gmade Bom? Nowt for that either.... Its a shame that in these days of FB this place isn't trying harder to encourage people as the info I've gotten over the last couple of years, the best of it has all been from here.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:00 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

like button good
fake book bad
rcc good
Old 06-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #38
RCC Addict

^^^ like lol

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #39
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

If you like something now, just post that you do.

All forums have suffered, it's not just this one.

The people that see the value of forums are still around. Maybe it will pick back up. Still a lot of info here.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

I posted a few things on North Texas Crawler FB group and it blew up. Much more of a community there. Active interaction is what I’m seeking, and news on new rigs and tires/wheels. Think I’m mostly done here from this point on. The “active viewing” count on this forum is laughably misleading. I doubt there are more than 3 people on the forum at this point at any given time, which is very sad.
Closed Thread

Forum dead?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threads in Forum : Florida section dead Alexg89 General Crawlers 4 12-05-2018 02:00 PM
This massachusetts forum is dead? 666markb666 Massachusetts 15 06-14-2017 11:30 PM
Because the PTI forum is pretty much Dead S_C_I_P_I_O79 General Crawlers 9 01-26-2011 05:50 AM
gmade forum slow/dead what's the deal Lawrence_0485 G-Made Crawlers 21 10-28-2010 05:54 PM
XTM forum is dead so... Super Woody Superclass Crawlers 3 02-09-2010 11:46 PM