I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Forum dead??

Its Alive!!!!!!

Hang up and Drive
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Definitely need to condense some of the older forums.

Perhaps a Tamiya Crawler section combining all of their crawler oriented offerings TLT, Clod, TXT, etc....

A discontinued crawler section for rigs like the Creeper, XTM, Cliff Climber, Wheely/Crawler King, etc...

And condense the all the Axial offerings into their own section. They have so many variants, that it clutters things up.

Maybe just designate each manufacturer a section and place all of their crawler offerings in said manufacturers section?

Just throwing out some ideas.

Last edited by dezfan; 07-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post

Perhaps a Tamiya Crawler section combining all of their crawler oriented offerings TLT, Clod, TXT, etc....

A discontinued crawler section for rigs like the Creeper, XTM, Cliff Climber, Wheely/Crawler King, etc..

Maybe just designate each manufacturer a section and place all of their crawler offerings in said manufacturers section?.
Lets keep comp and scale rigs in separate sections please

My superclass losi is not a scale rig.

The discontinued stuff could be a little conflicting... because.. the xr10 is discontinued and still gets used.. unlike a wheelie king. the discontinued section would be mostly xr10 and berg based rigs going by the "discontinued" name.

also.. please get the vendors section cleaned out. its a downer looking for things you can no longer buy in the vendors section.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:16 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Give the comp rigs their own section!

Fixes everything. 😝

I know whatever changes are make it won’t please everyone. But I think everyone agrees that something needs to be done.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Fixes everything. 😝

I know whatever changes are make it won’t please everyone. But I think everyone agrees that something needs to be done.
the competition rigs kinda already have their own section... takes up like half the page if its not hidden.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:39 AM   #106
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
1BCB, glad to see your new role and you possibly becoming an owner. Agree with being careful, however, the condensing is long past due. I have been out of RC for a little while, but there's stuff in scale I never thought would happen. I can finally with my limited skills build something more akin to what I have seen many others create.

Thanks, doing my best to help out, glad yo see you getting back into it

Quote:
As long as you don’t start piping in non stop boy band music, it’s all good! *

Congrats Mike, let’s get RCC revved back up!

Just renewed my ⭐️.

Thanks for the support Dez, glad to see you back. No boy band music, promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Not to be that guy, but it's Sendero, not Sendoro.

Good eye, the best part is since I had no idea how to spell it I literally copied it off the horizon website...Guess they got it wrong on there

https://www.horizonhobby.com/enduro-...ero-p-asc40100

Quote:

A discontinued crawler section for rigs like the Creeper, XTM, Cliff Climber, Wheely/Crawler King, etc...

And condense the all the Axial offerings into their own section. They have so many variants, that it clutters things up.

Maybe just designate each manufacturer a section and place all of their crawler offerings in said manufacturers section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Lets keep comp and scale rigs in separate sections please

My superclass losi is not a scale rig.

The discontinued stuff could be a little conflicting... because.. the xr10 is discontinued and still gets used.. unlike a wheelie king. the discontinued section would be mostly xr10 and berg based rigs going by the "discontinued" name.

also.. please get the vendors section cleaned out. its a downer looking for things you can no longer buy in the vendors section.

Condensing needs to be done, I am on nights next week and ill get with John to make sure the forum is backed up, then ill have him walk me through how to do it and whats the best way to approach it.

Ive been out of the "Comp rig" scene for probably 10 years now, what Comp rigs are the more relevant ones??

I agree about the vendor section, that is something that will take a considerable amount of time but its on the to do list

-Mike
Old 07-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #107
Sinking with the ship

The people who PM'd me, I addressed your threads being moved, user names, etc. Everyone should be good to go now
Old 07-02-2019, 05:44 AM   #108

Since you (I think) asked...

ECX Barrage 1.9 owners felt snubbed, second-class, when management here denied them a place to post, other than the overstuffed "general" bucket. Seemed like an easy thing to do, and why not, if this place is trying to keep members and increase posts? I know some guys got fed up, because I saw/see their posts in other forums.

Fewer judgments like that are one way to keep members, encourage activity and help erase the elitist, top 3 (or so) brands only, knock against this place.

Last edited by hobbyjumper; 07-02-2019 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Specificity
Old 07-02-2019, 05:46 AM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I have a 4 day weekend coming up, there are sporty builds spread through several sections that should all be in their own spot. If there was a new section with sportsman, pro and sthuper there would be a central home for all of the builds to be moved to so the pertinent info would be easy to find.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:50 AM   #110
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I see 7 logged in people viewing this thread right now. And this is why FB is killing forums, a group gets more action and you would rather leave than participate here too.

I love that people want to blame the like button for forum decline and not the actions of people. It's because people are lazy, and Facebook is the least effort right now. Nothing wrong with that, but let's be honest with ourselves.
Quote:
This is a discussion forum.

Make a post. Compliment someone build. Ask a question. Answer a question. Give a suggestion. Give constructive criticism.

Do something to interact with other members.

We have to discuss things for a discussion forum to thrive.

👍🏼
Quote:
Like I stated earlier, Fascistbook is killing forums.

People are to lazy to do something as arcane are read and have a discussion.

It’s easier to 👍🏼.

Congrats on starting a discussion on a discussion board.
Well said by two long time RCC members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Conversation is key to any forums success. But what I find in general is that you tend to find more reliable information on forums like RCC compared to the social media groups. On your typical sm group everyone thinks they are an expert and I have seen instances where actual experts get crap from the keyboard jockeys.

That said, forums like this are a business and the owner is only interested in generating a profit. This, IMO, is the root of the problem with RCC. If the owner does not care enough about the forum to participate how can you expect the members to care? This forum has been neglected for years and it shows.
Im on a lot of other forums for other parts of the hobby's and theres not many owners publicly active. I agree with it being nice to see the owners more involved in even conversations but we cant blame them totally for any decline. Jason always had some great conversation starters and Badger had some beautiful builds but they have life things too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Im trying to figure out when "bad mouthing" the owners, mods, or the "whatevers"...I'm not even sure what that is... has gotten someone banned or blocked as of lately???

CORRECT...the LIKE button IS NOT COMING BACK.

For what its worth, it actually wasn't even my decision in the end. This place still currently has 2 owners and it was the decision of the owner who is in charge of the tech side of making sure the forum is running to disable it due to ad revenue...

Everyone wants to complain about it being gone but let me put it this way.... Would you prefer there be a like button and say in the next 6 months to a year no more RCC at all??? OR no like button, and RCC stays a live...

Yeahhhhh thats what its down too... Facebook and other social media platforms have hurt ALL forums across the boards. Its also the summer time and people are out actually crawling which all means less activity, this is something that always has happened.

My admin access has been finalized and I even appointed a new moderator before I left for vacation 2 weeks ago... The person is a long time member, someone I know personally, and someone who has ran his own forum as a business as well which many forget that RCC is...

With that said, turning the like button off DID increase posts, with my admin access I was able to see the data as a graph myself with my own eyes. So despite what opinions people have it did serve a greater purpose.

The future of RCC is still in talks... With that said, if I can afford to do so, I will be taking over one owners portion here. Hes currently in agreement that I would be a good fit for the position and details and such are still being worked out. As ive said in the past, things take time...

^^ THIS... Thanks for always having RCCs back John, you make my fight here much easier when I know I have support.

At the end of it all, rather then just posting on facebook, post here, link your thread to facebook and bring the traffic back here... If everyone did this I bet we can, working all together, bring traction back here...

ALSO, I have admin access to the RCC facebook page as well...so if you have a cool build thread, or pic or something, share it with me and ill shout ya out on there and hopefully thatll draw people in. In order for the forum to continue on social media is gonna be a necessary evil. I still need to get access to the IG page but im working on that.

If anyone is also having any account issues so I should now be able to deal with that as well. I am still learning the admin access but I've been able to figure it out so far...

Thanks
Mike
RCC Thank's you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
It's about time your access is opened up. Let's get this place spun around, I have piles of pics of builds I've been doing that I've been waiting on a star to post here. Hope you can get the deal done to take over at least half of this place.
POST THEM

Quote:

Quote:

Fixes everything. 😝

Maybe a 'Legacy' section with those vehicles all in one? They were beginners and expediters to what the hobby became.

I wouldnt just combine too many though just because of manufacturer. I always liked how the AX10 and AX10 2nd Gen had two sections. Still the same rig basically but enough to be different. Combine those two and its too much information to fish through I believe.

Duratrax, Kyosho, Losi Micro, Clod, TLT, TxT/Jugg, Venom and XTM could all be Legacy's with a forum description of those models. Maybe?
Old 07-02-2019, 06:14 AM   #111
Sinking with the ship

I like the legacy idea
Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #112
Gold Star Baby!

Thanks Mike!! Finally no longer a typo
Old 07-02-2019, 06:32 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

It's probably not a large part of the clutter in the comp section but the majority of the posts in the Gmade and Redcat sections are about their scale platforms. Renaming the Sawback section to the Gmade Scale section so those have a home in the area with similar platforms seems like an easy fix.

Don't know how much action a Redcat Scale section would get but it has to be more than either of the MST sections.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I have a 4 day weekend coming up, there are sporty builds spread through several sections that should all be in their own spot. If there was a new section with sportsman, pro and sthuper there would be a central home for all of the builds to be moved to so the pertinent info would be easy to find.
This Mike. Super has thier own spot. We should get 1.9, 2.2s, 2.2 pro.

And they should be heavily regulated to keep the scale and non comp builds out.

If you need some help Mike, i dont think me or WT has a problem with that.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #115
RCC Addict

Just curious in the 2.2 classes is MOA split from them or included in Pro? I haven't followed in years. I loved my XR10, but around Houston it was difficult to find fun places to run it.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:16 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just curious in the 2.2 classes is MOA split from them or included in Pro? I haven't followed in years. I loved my XR10, but around Houston it was difficult to find fun places to run it.
You can run a sportsman in pro and add dig to it if you like but anymore its sportsman and pro in separate classes.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #117
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

Theres no 'MOA' title class ....... Pro is the top tiered so to say and for the most part all MOA rigs. Like Ryan said though you can run a 2.2S (driveshaft) rig in the Pro class if you want. Theres nothing against that in the rules.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:13 AM   #118
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
This Mike. Super has thier own spot. We should get 1.9, 2.2s, 2.2 pro.

And they should be heavily regulated to keep the scale and non comp builds out.

If you need some help Mike, i dont think me or WT has a problem with that.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I believe that idea was floated a few times over the years. It didnt seem to be as beneficial as the current vendor style threads we have now. We would get too much info in 1 thread as opposed spread across specific vendors. Plus anythign can be a 'comp' rig as long as it falls into the rules.

Would it be fair to regulate an SCX10 out of a comp thread even if the rig fit into the 'comp' rules?

BTW I stickied the WRCCA 2019-2020 Rules in the Comp Rules section. Maybe this will help some find the most current rule set many have switched over too and promote it more.

Shameless plug: World Radio Controlled Crawler Association (WRCCA) is a great group of core veterans across the world. They have all stepped up and work to organizing events and rules for everyone.

Now if we can get more clubs to start using the Regional section again to post/host events (scale or comp style)
Old 07-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

i would like the rules section cleaned up and condensed i broke a rule that was burried 3 links deep on the rules page if it wasent pointed out to me and the page linked i never would have found it so please clean up the rules section for future users
not a big deal but if you want people to follow the rules they have to be easy to find no one is gona go hunting through the forum to find the rules that they dont know about
just a though
Old 07-02-2019, 08:23 AM   #120
Rock Stacker

I'm not on FB and I do like this forum. Having the new sections will help those looking for information on specific models. One of the only things that bugs me a little is being completely unable to search on Tapatalk. I don't know if this is RCC's problem or Tapatalk's.

I still open Tapatalk to the new posts with my morning coffee.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Forum dead?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threads in Forum : Florida section dead Alexg89 General Crawlers 4 12-05-2018 02:00 PM
This massachusetts forum is dead? 666markb666 Massachusetts 15 06-14-2017 11:30 PM
Because the PTI forum is pretty much Dead S_C_I_P_I_O79 General Crawlers 9 01-26-2011 05:50 AM
gmade forum slow/dead what's the deal Lawrence_0485 G-Made Crawlers 21 10-28-2010 05:54 PM
XTM forum is dead so... Super Woody Superclass Crawlers 3 02-09-2010 11:46 PM