Thread: Forum dead??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2020, 09:03 AM   #261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Forum dead??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
I have discussed with John about forum condensing and cleaning things up... I cant just start condensing things on my own because I would need to make sure the forum has had a proper back up in the case something is messed up.

CM9000, you and several others did volunteer to help, and it didn't go unnoticed. I did add a moderator, Robbob, because I know Rob on a personal level and Rob ran his own VBulletin board as an owner and administrator.

Extra moderators aren't what this places problem is... OWNERSHIP is...

But at least I know where I stand with you... if you want to make your own comp forum as a "jab" to this place, have at it

I am doing my best to keep this place going... whether you want to believe that or not is on you.

At end of the day, it is what it is...

-Mike
start by 1 thread at a time. its not that hard. besides, if you had more active mods, it would not be as hard as you think it is.

to me you have done nothing but show me your a sloutch on this forum. last few things i reported did not even get removed. you only log in every once in awhile anyway.

this forum needs active moderators. its not the ownership. its the mods and admins.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #262
Gold Star Baby!

CM9000 you seem salty and entitled. You volunteered and weren’t selected/needed so leave it at that and let it go. You’re clearly not going to talk yourself into being a moderator so why even bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prescott John View Post
I don't post much and consider myself a noobie. I do own about 8 rigs and do a lot of "research". If you look at the number of people reading about other people's builds or what is the best esc or motor or what ever, I think you'll see this forum gets a lot of use.
Great point.

————————-

Mike, a lot of us, heck most of us even though it may not be said, really appreciate all you do for this forum. While there may be some disgruntlement it’s coming from a place of nostalgia and not a dig at you or your efforts. Keep it up, I’ll keep supporting.

Perhaps it’s time to kill this thread...
Old 02-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #263
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoreDX View Post
That has ticked me off more times than I can count.
So that's what's been happening, thought i had turbo fingers and accidentally hit it twice.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #264
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Mike, a lot of us, heck most of us even though it may not be said, really appreciate all you do for this forum. While there may be some disgruntlement it’s coming from a place of nostalgia and not a dig at you or your efforts. Keep it up, I’ll keep supporting.

Agree!
Old 02-26-2020, 11:15 AM   #265
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have discussed with John about forum condensing and cleaning things up...

What a lot of people don't realize is that its easier said then done... I cant just start condensing things on my own because I would need to make sure the forum has had a proper back up in the case something is messed up.

despite having Administrative powers I am NOT an owner... that wasn't for a lack of trying though and I am not at liberty to discuss that.

CM9000, you and several others did volunteer to help, and it didn't go unnoticed. I did add a moderator, Robbob, because I know Rob on a personal level and Rob ran his own VBulletin board as an owner and administrator.

But at least I know where I stand with you... if you want to make your own comp forum as a "jab" to this place, have at it

I am doing my best to keep this place going... whether you want to believe that or not is on you.

-Mike

Thank you for confirming whom the current problems really stem from and why Mike. I too have inquired several times about purchasing RCC and obviously was declined. As a vendor, CI puts #rccrawler on our packaging to tie back to this forum. I am grateful for this forum. At the end of the day it was hugely instrumental to bringing me where I am today as a human being, hobbyist, and vendor.

The former glory of this forum, is just that, former glory. The role this forum played in the history of rccrawling is undeniable and that can never be changed. Without RCC and it's contributing members, the hobby as it exists today would not. I will always remind people of those facts and be grateful for the role I played in it.

Could this place still play a role in rccrawling? Yes. But with better management and activity. CI has no problem donating product to the forum for giveaways. Problem is, no one is doing any, or willing to be responsible to facilitate one. And why give if the owners are the ones whom financially gain while still not participating or allowing for the evolution of the forum?
Old 02-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #266
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
BY chance is this the same John : hotrodders.com & homemade tools forum?

pep

it is not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
start by 1 thread at a time. its not that hard. besides, if you had more active mods, it would not be as hard as you think it is.

to me you have done nothing but show me your a sloutch on this forum. last few things i reported did not even get removed. you only log in every once in awhile anyway.

this forum needs active moderators. its not the ownership. its the mods and admins.

Do you have any idea how long that would take?? First off, you seem to know a little about navigating Vbulletin, because if you did, you would know the type of condensing youre referencing requires administrative powers...you know how many admins have been on this site?? 4 total...EVER... Jason and badger (who own the place), Harley, and myself...Why??? Because at the end of the day its still a business and TRUST is of the utmost concern... the administrative powers in the wrong hands could RUIN this place in a few clicks. Only Badger has the ability to add those powers.

You seem to be hell bent on becoming a moderator and have become rather salty because of it...

It 100% has everything to do with the ownership but since you are just a small fish in this pond here, you have no idea... keep thinking its because its a lack of moderators I can assure you that is not the issue here.

And a slouch??? HA...OKAY...if it wasnt for me and Robbob there wouldnt be jack shit getting done around here... SORRY I was on vacation this past week and some of this week. I was actually at scale RC event. Regardless I am ALWAYS logged on. I never close out a window on my phone.

But hey whatever man, good luck on your comp forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
CM9000 you seem salty and entitled. You volunteered and weren’t selected/needed so leave it at that and let it go. You’re clearly not going to talk yourself into being a moderator so why even bother?

Great point.

————————-

Thank you... I am doing my best with what I have to work with. I wont kill the thread...maybe the powers that be will here what the membership wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Agree!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Thank you for confirming whom the current problems really stem from and why Mike. I too have inquired several times about purchasing RCC and obviously was declined. As a vendor, CI puts #rccrawler on our packaging to tie back to this forum. I am grateful for this forum. At the end of the day it was hugely instrumental to bringing me where I am today as a human being, hobbyist, and vendor.

The former glory of this forum, is just that, former glory. The role this forum played in the history of rccrawling is undeniable and that can never be changed. Without RCC and it's contributing members, the hobby as it exists today would not. I will always remind people of those facts and be grateful for the role I played in it.

Could this place still play a role in rccrawling? Yes. But with better management and activity. CI has no problem donating product to the forum for giveaways. Problem is, no one is doing any, or willing to be responsible to facilitate one. And why give if the owners are the ones whom financially gain while still not participating or allowing for the evolution of the forum?

as ive said before, it is what it is...thank you for your continued support...
Old 02-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #267
I wanna be Dave

im far from hell bent Mike, i honestly could care less if i was a moderator or not.

im not in your posse so i knew i kinda wouldnt get it anyway. i just offered a hand. i spend most of my time at work on the computer so..

you're not saving the forum like you think you are. to me it sounds like your hell bent because you know im pointing out the truth.

maybe work on getting rcc unbanned from facebook. that would be a good start.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #268
Quarry Creeper

"banned from facebook' hell that's a badge of honor ....that's an internet toilet..

pep
Old 02-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #269
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
"banned from facebook' hell that's a badge of honor ....that's an internet toilet..

pep

Yessiree!

Hang up and Drive
Old 02-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #270
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoreDX View Post
That has ticked me off more times than I can count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
So that's what's been happening, thought i had turbo fingers and accidentally hit it twice.
I'm glad it isn't just me. Come on mods this is a real issue, can we adjust the search or fix this ad... It's driving me away and probably others as well. I'm füxcking wierd but don't think that is an unfair request
Old 02-26-2020, 08:33 PM   #271
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have discussed with John about forum condensing and cleaning things up...

What a lot of people don't realize is that its easier said then done... I cant just start condensing things on my own because I would need to make sure the forum has had a proper back up in the case something is messed up.

despite having Administrative powers I am NOT an owner... that wasn't for a lack of trying though and I am not at liberty to discuss that.

-Mike
Mike I hope you didn’t take my post as a shot at you. I understand that you’re doing the best you can do.

Your taking the reigns when I came back last year was one of the reasons I renewed my star.

We where both around in the glory days. It’s kind of depressing to see the decline of RCC, but with good leadership, good moderators, a good base of willing members, I think the ship can be righted.

Don’t give up. ✳️
Old 02-27-2020, 04:35 AM   #272
I wanna be Dave

The current ownership sounds a lot like one of those guys that has a numbers matching, ‘69 Camaro SS sitting in their yard, rotting away. But, when asked if they wanna sell, their response is they’re gonna fix it up some day.:roll

Anyway, I appreciate the Mods and all the efforts put in to keep RCC going. I’m sure it seems beyond thankless most days so.....

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2020, 07:01 AM   #273

Quote:

pep
It's not though. I used to post RCC links on Facebook that answered the poster's question. It was also my way of making more people aware of this place and hopefully driving a few people over here. Now I can't do that because ****erberg and his band of nut jobs run Facebook like a liberal prison.

I've offered to help. I'll continue to offer to help. I know I'll never be first pick because of my history on this site, but hell, if you don't trust me give me the most limited power. Just let me remove comments from PHOTOS ONLY threads or edit or delete oversized photos.

One person can't do housekeeping nor can two. Get rid of the moderators that haven't logged in in months or years and get fresh, active meat contributing to this site. I know you need owners that allow you to do that though.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:17 AM   #274

My $.015 (it's not quite worth $.02) is that the issue with the site is not just the owners' fault or the moderators' fault, but more of a shared responsibility.

It certainly sounds like the owners of the forum more or less don't give a damn and aren't actively involved in the forum, but only having a couple moderators isn't necessarily helping things either. I've run my own forum, and I was a long time moderator on a very successful forum, and the one thing that I saw in both cases, is that good moderation goes a long way to keeping the forum aimed in the direction of its overall mission statement, whatever that may be. That larger forum went from private ownership to joining some large group that bought out the original owners, and once that transition occurred, the owners were very detached from the forum activities, but it still thrived because of the moderator team. On that forum, each moderator had 1 or 2 sub forums that we had moderator privileges for, and in most cases we were assigned to forums that we had the most technical knowledge in also, since it was assumed that we'd be in that area frequently. There was also a private forum just for moderators so that we could discuss, as a team, how to handle any issue that escalated beyond the normal deletion of spamming. This assured that we were working together, with a consistent approach to moderating across all of the forums within the board. This was a highly effective way of insuring that the garbage got filtered out, but the valuable content remained, and despite having 10 or more moderators, users had a consistent expectation across all of the forums within the board. It worked well. I think it would work well here, provided the right moderators were selected.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 02-27-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #275

Sadly most forums are dying but the niche ones seem to be surviving. They are such a wealth of knowledge but people are lazy and rather ask a FB group
Old 02-27-2020, 12:28 PM   #276
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN-CTD View Post
Sadly most forums are dying but the niche ones seem to be surviving. They are such a wealth of knowledge but people are lazy and rather ask a FB group
I predict (maybe it's just hope..) that we'll start to see forums come back as people start to realize that every time they ask a question on facebook they get 94 answers that are just wrong, 3 answers that are flat-out dangerous, 2 answers that are completely off-topic and if they're lucky they get 1 good answer from someone who knows what they're talking about, but that person probably got frustrated with the idiocy and gave up typing before they finished their post..

Quitting fb was the best thing I've ever done for my mental health, that place is shit-balls.

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 02-27-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I predict (maybe it's just hope..) that we'll start to see forums come back as people start to realize that every time they ask a question on facebook they get 94 answers that are just wrong, 3 answers that are flat-out dangerous, 2 answers that are completely off-topic and if they're lucky they get 1 good answer from someone who knows what they're talking about, but that person probably got frustrated with the idiocy and gave up typing before they finished their post..

Quitting fb was the best thing I've ever done for my mental health, that place is shit-balls.
Sadly, I don't think so. Most of the forums that are still surviving at all are because they're full of dinosaurs like all of us who understood the value of forums long before the instant gratification of Facebook took over. The younger generation has no attention span for searching forums.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #278
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
im far from hell bent Mike, i honestly could care less if i was a moderator or not.

im not in your posse so i knew i kinda wouldnt get it anyway. i just offered a hand. i spend most of my time at work on the computer so..

you're not saving the forum like you think you are. to me it sounds like your hell bent because you know im pointing out the truth.

maybe work on getting rcc unbanned from facebook. that would be a good start.

Take a look around...my so called "posse" or the guys i referred to as my friends who I would occasionally GTG with for major events are all gone...they moved on to different things or just choose not to participate here because of facebook...

Its on me... and if you think for one second I dont want this place to thrive you're dead wrong. I would love to update the home page, have up to date announcements for when new shit comes out etc but I cant do that. For starters, I am not owner... secondly I dont have the capabilities to updating that stuff. You really think the brown Toyota (which was built by me BTW) with TLT axles is what we should have on the main page? **** NO...there are tons of better options but I cant get that done.

You seem frustrated, as is a lot of the membership is I'm sure...Imagine being me for a minute. Imagine wanting this place to not suck and not being able to fix it in the position I'm in, Ive been frustrated for YEARS, years of my life Ive dedicated to this place and to watch it go where the direction it has sucks...

and I know, "actions speak louder then words"...well I am acting, I am constantly fixing shit that people don't even realize that is being fixed. People will account problems, star membership problems, etc etc and the list goes on.

I don't own Facebook and I can fix that they blocked us from posting there. If there is a fix please let me know!! We absolutely have to be able to utilize social media.

Today I tried positing a reply on instagram and type "Rccrawler.com/forum" and it blocked that and wouldnt let me post it. I have no idea why that is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Mike I hope you didn’t take my post as a shot at you. I understand that you’re doing the best you can do.

Your taking the reigns when I came back last year was one of the reasons I renewed my star.

We where both around in the glory days. It’s kind of depressing to see the decline of RCC, but with good leadership, good moderators, a good base of willing members, I think the ship can be righted.

Don’t give up. ✳️

Its getting harder and harder especially when I'm shit on for doing the best I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
The current ownership sounds a lot like one of those guys that has a numbers matching, ‘69 Camaro SS sitting in their yard, rotting away. But, when asked if they wanna sell, their response is they’re gonna fix it up some day.:roll

Anyway, I appreciate the Mods and all the efforts put in to keep RCC going. I’m sure it seems beyond thankless most days so.....

Thanks!

the irony in the first part of your post is incredible...sounds EXACTLY like a conversation Ive had

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It's not though. I used to post RCC links on Facebook that answered the poster's question. It was also my way of making more people aware of this place and hopefully driving a few people over here. Now I can't do that because ****erberg and his band of nut jobs run Facebook like a liberal prison.

I've offered to help. I'll continue to offer to help. I know I'll never be first pick because of my history on this site, but hell, if you don't trust me give me the most limited power. Just let me remove comments from PHOTOS ONLY threads or edit or delete oversized photos.

One person can't do housekeeping nor can two. Get rid of the moderators that haven't logged in in months or years and get fresh, active meat contributing to this site. I know you need owners that allow you to do that though.

If there are things that need to be deleted hit the report post button PLEASE... I will get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
My $.015 (it's not quite worth $.02) is that the issue with the site is not just the owners' fault or the moderators' fault, but more of a shared responsibility.

It certainly sounds like the owners of the forum more or less don't give a damn and aren't actively involved in the forum, but only having a couple moderators isn't necessarily helping things either. I've run my own forum, and I was a long time moderator on a very successful forum, and the one thing that I saw in both cases, is that good moderation goes a long way to keeping the forum aimed in the direction of its overall mission statement, whatever that may be. That larger forum went from private ownership to joining some large group that bought out the original owners, and once that transition occurred, the owners were very detached from the forum activities, but it still thrived because of the moderator team. On that forum, each moderator had 1 or 2 sub forums that we had moderator privileges for, and in most cases we were assigned to forums that we had the most technical knowledge in also, since it was assumed that we'd be in that area frequently. There was also a private forum just for moderators so that we could discuss, as a team, how to handle any issue that escalated beyond the normal deletion of spamming. This assured that we were working together, with a consistent approach to moderating across all of the forums within the board. This was a highly effective way of insuring that the garbage got filtered out, but the valuable content remained, and despite having 10 or more moderators, users had a consistent expectation across all of the forums within the board. It worked well. I think it would work well here, provided the right moderators were selected.

Thats how this place did run in its glory days... Now its me and rob and holmes... and joe who does the classifieds.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post

I actually deleted the APP of my phone and its been great for me, however just re downloaded it because huntin for a used bomber/wraith and need tires for my 1:1 Crawler.

I have been on tons of forums, my really niche motorcycle brand ( Mv Agusta) is super active and garage journal is amazing. I hope we go back to forums. Sadly one of my favorites pirate4x4 seems to be dead
Old 02-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #280
RCC Addict

1BJB, ignore the trolls. You're doing what you can, and i am thankful for it. Everyone can always take their ball and go somewhere else to play, however those loudly announcing it never have a real plan.

I always thought badger was full of himself, so not surprised of the issues. Jason always came across alright, but heard he was aloof in person. Don't know, never met either in person so all I have is the impressions from the forum to go by.
Closed Thread

Forum dead?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Threads in Forum : Florida section dead Alexg89 General Crawlers 4 12-05-2018 02:00 PM
This massachusetts forum is dead? 666markb666 Massachusetts 15 06-14-2017 11:30 PM
Because the PTI forum is pretty much Dead S_C_I_P_I_O79 General Crawlers 9 01-26-2011 05:50 AM
gmade forum slow/dead what's the deal Lawrence_0485 G-Made Crawlers 21 10-28-2010 05:54 PM
XTM forum is dead so... Super Woody Superclass Crawlers 3 02-09-2010 11:46 PM