Notices

Thread: Is Life in Calif That Bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is Life in Calif That Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I think the politicians, more than the people, are trying to ruin California.

So you reside in both Chicago and California?
No, I grew up in suburbs of Chicago. Moved to SoCal before High School.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I went to boot camp in Chicago. First time I ever shoveled snow lol
Yeah my wife always says she wants to live somewhere with all 4 seasons. I will hand her the snow shovel lololol

And yes that group likes to flaunt "wealth". $80k bmw (usually salvage title) with muffler deletes, paper dealership plates and thats all, and I see them living in apartments hahaha not fooling anyone.
And yes flying through stop signs and doing 80+ in front of my house which is a 25 mph residential zone.

*also for the gate question for FedEx and stuff there is a delivery code they have it only works for daylight hours.
When ordering a pizza though had to put that code on my order. They always forfot and ended up calling me though. Pain in the booty. We didnt even have a community pool and the backyards were too small to build our own without sacrificing the entire yard.

Last edited by Shinchu; 07-03-2019 at 04:04 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Can we take the time to talk about our lord and savior, Michigan?

Pros:

lakes (everywhere)
no emissions testing
dunes
rc tracks
offroad parks
close to Canada
not far from TN, KY, PA.
Dell taco
Drag strips and oval tracks within at least a hour drive or so no matter where you live
jobs (the big 3 and Detroit diesel)
Dearborn isn't what the news makes it seem (it isn't that bad)

cons:

flints water still isn't drinkable.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:33 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

As a Californian I would list del taco as a con, only because I have been spoiled by authentic Mexican fast food.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post

Pros:

lakes (everywhere)
no emissions testing
dunes
rc tracks
offroad parks
close to Canada
not far from TN, KY, PA.
Dell taco
Drag strips and oval tracks within at least a hour drive or so no matter where you live

cons:

Cons: Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons
Old 07-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Forgot to add that. Sorry lol.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Mexican town and mexican fiesta are the two best in michigan. Del taco is a fast and cheaper alternative though.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:29 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

You forgot U of M! GO BLUE!!!
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

March madness is my only concern for sports. Go kentucky! The spartans and wolverines have never entertained me lol.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Well they passed a bill in CA there are no more medical waivers for vaccines. I have 1 kid who had reactions to vaccines and 2 more I dont want to risk. Some are ok but others are absurd.
I dont want to get into a whole "anti-vaxer" debate so long story short...

I hear texas is nice.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:13 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Michigan is nice too.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:12 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post

I hear texas is nice.
I've tried planting that seed into my wife's head. She's not going for it though.

I can kind of understand though. Having been born and raised here, especially in the midwest, it's a little easier for me to assimilate.

I would love to have a bigger place and a nice yard I can build a crawler course in. Would also love to have that 3rd garage spot for a personal workshop.

Me being a consultant would be easy too, because I'd still be working my same job from home.

Life in Cali... isn't that bad... as long as you can afford the lifestyle you want. That's basically the catch though. Again, Cali is so big and diverse.... it really depends on where.

Last edited by soze; 09-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:44 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
As a Californian I would list del taco as a con, only because I have been spoiled by authentic Mexican fast food.
No joke there...

I have been stationed in SD three times, and was spoiled by the Mexican food there. We went out to a local Mexican restaurant last night, and it is not bad for N. Idaho, but this place would not last two hours in SD.

Being a Californian native, it just makes me sad to visit. It seems like government in CA is doing all it can to turn they entire mess into one big shit hole. They are literally bussing in the homeless from other states, and seem to be bound and determined to drive out commerce.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post

Pros:

lakes (everywhere)
no emissions testing
dunes
rc tracks
offroad parks
close to Canada
not far from TN, KY, PA.
Dell taco

cons:

Florida isn't too far off that list! and you know take away Canada and add Bahamas. on the gated community thing, they are every where down there. i have a few friends that live in them and i lived in a non gated community the first year i moved down. i couldn't take it having them tell me what color my window shades could be and that my garbage can shouldn't be seen on none garbage days with the garage door open. ended up buying a little over an acre in the middle of nowhere and it was the best.
turboturro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

That sounds amazing.
I had a HOA when I lived in a gated area of Temecula (about an hour north of San Diego) and I had my garage open all the time while tinkering on my old AE86. They would send warnings and we would answer something to the effect of I will adhere to your policies when you can decide on a fence color (it changed 3 times in 2 years). They left us alone.

But yeah the homeless situation here in el cajon is insane. Most high out of thier minds. You can sometimes see them lay down and hit a glass pipe right on the sidewalk in broad daylight. I live about 10 min from downtown but its close enough.
And the Syrian refugees added to that mix... Its crazy.

And the govt here is all about getting paid and not in tue better intrest of its people. We didnt even get to vote on the vaccine thing. Governer just said yup approved now all kids get them regardless. Well I hope they are ready for the ammount of kids not going to school anymore. That bill could be responsoble to send CA into even further economic crisis.

This place is really going to shit and I want to pull the ejection lever while I can.
Soze I grew up in garden grove then moved to oceanside at 10 uears old. I am a CA native to the core but enough is enough.
Amen on some land and a shop (I have a 3 car garage but I can barely squeeze a honda pilot and 66 vette in there and still have room to... Well anything lol) but I want a place with land, 4 bay separate shop, and basement.
And most of all I want that place in a land not scared of straws, firearms or cars that make unregulated amounts of horsepower.
Maybe a school system that isnt embarassing would be nice too.

I'm gonna miss disneyland and carne asada burritos though.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #35
Rock Stacker

My wife is retiring next March. We've been looking for a place to move to when she does retire. We now live in a senior development where you must be 55 or older to live in. It's quiet here with many amenities to keep us both busy and we like it. So we went looking for the same thing but outside of California. Long story short, we're going to Georgetown Texas. In fact we've already purchased a home in Sun City. Why, because the people in Texas that we've met are respectful, the place is clean, no Starbucks coffee cups littering the streets, go into a restaurant and people are having conversations instead of having their faces buried in their cell phones. People say hello to you and smile. It's OK to display the Stars and Stripes, even the Wal Mart store has US flags hanging from the ceiling. People call you sir and mam. Nobody begging on every street corner, people actually take pride in themselves and want to work and be part of society. You're not an outcast if you are a veteran. Seems like the taxes you pay actually go to improving the infastructure. We can't wait to get the hell out of California.
Atitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

It's my opinion that you're seeing the effects of the great liberal policies at work. They've managed to eliminate a functional middle class by burdening them with so many expenses to pay for the ones that can't take care of themselves that the ones actually paying for everything are becoming blended into one polluted mess of a social class. The ones that can still escape are trying to do so while others are so bogged down they can not escape it.

I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the late 80's and early 90's and these policies at work. Later on I saw the same policies starting to take hold in the PNW when I was living in King County, Washington. I've been back in my native Baltimore, MD for the past 25 years and I can see the same exact things going on. It directly coincides with the "blue" areas that are constantly expanding along with redistricting to include more "blue" people that need to be represented even though some of those areas aren't "blue" by demographic.

Just look at any area where there was a decent blue collar population at one time. ( I grew up in a blue collar area, if that actually needs to be said ) Most of those areas are gone now, along with the manufacturing jobs that gave them that lifestyle. All that is left in the wake is completely devastated areas where property valves are non-existent, drug problems galore along with violent crimes that are off of the charts. No more middle class- just poverty and in small cases, working poor that can't exist without subsidies.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Michigan is pretty much blue collar out in the sticks. If that says anything.. Though, im one who does not live in the sticks yet. But soon..

Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Whatever you do, don’t move to Arizona!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Whatever you do, don’t move to Arizona!
Friends of mine moved from Lima/Peru to Phoenix....they are pretty happy.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Friends of mine moved from Lima/Peru to Phoenix....they are pretty happy.
I love it here in AZ! ����

Last edited by dezfan; 09-14-2019 at 05:07 PM.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Is Life in Calif That Bad? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southern Calif Orange County? djr01974 Newbie General 0 11-14-2015 08:54 PM
Crawler store in southern calif area? blckgnx California 8 01-22-2011 09:02 PM
how bad does heat affect battery life blazin396 Electronics 11 08-08-2010 12:44 PM
Fresno Calif Area Comp Tattoo John Competitions 7 10-20-2008 04:21 PM