Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is Life in Calif That Bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Is Life in Calif That Bad?

i was born in michigan and most of my family still lives there and ive spent way to much time there and have no desire to go back for any reason i spent 20 years in the bay area and my little compound dosent get messed with my neighbor is a 70 year old lady with a 9mm shes a old biker chick and has no issues shooting any one so no one messes with my stuff there but the area sucks the people are always up in your bissness but my stuff is safe ive lived in tahoe it sucked i l8ved in mariposa it was cool till.it burned down now im living in my house in the desert in souther cali i dont lock my doors in the house my car keys are always in the ignition and its unlocked i can leave my stuff out and leave for months with out issue and my neerest neigbor is a mile away and every one has guns and binoculers the desert has eyes lol so the area is extremely safe just incase theres a gun under the pillow and a pit bull warning system lol

is cali that bad i would say in republican controled counties its safe and well run but in libral counties they want you living in tents and will do what ever it takes to see that you get there

i would say just stay out of the big citys and life is good here in cali
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Durok tell me more about that area near Austin?
My aunt lived near or in new braunfels for a while. I really wish I took the chamce to visit her out there, but now she lives in Oregon. And yes I need to visit her tjere now but I dont think I would move up there. No offense, friends in pac norwest, its just too dang cold for my socal blood.

Anyway... What area near Austin we talking about? I have been browsing homes in that area and I'm simultaneously impressed and sick to my stomach lol
Amazing what you can get out there. One of my concerns for TX though, is tornados? Or is that not a thing in that part of tx?
At the risk of tempting fate, Austin doesn't have a history of tornados!

I live in North Central Austin, and housing is insanely expensive - but I suppose compared to Cali, maybe not so bad? I pay over a grand a month for a crap one-bedroom 3rd-floor apartment in a fairly lousy part of town. My brother and his wife live in a house in a much nicer area due west of me that is still only about 10-15 minutes away. My mother just moved from a 2-story duplex in a very desirable part on South Central Austin to a new house in the Northeast of Round Rock where it's a bit less pricey...

Someday, I hope to use my VA loan to get into my own place, but I have no idea in what part of town. I'd be happy to be outside the city limits as long as
my commute isn't hellish!

I've been to New Braunfels several times, when I was in high school in San Antonio in the late '70s and early '80s. Very nice place.

Last edited by durok; 09-18-2019 at 09:18 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 AM   #63

Trump made a small move to try to save California.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/politics/t...ver/1122446123
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Yeah "States Rights!" unless we hate the state right?

Yeah you have to be delusional to agree with that, I know its fun and trendy to bash Cali but not even Automakers want to roll back emissions standards.

Even a car centric blog doesn't agree with this (comments are 99% against this) https://jalopnik.com/the-white-house...g-d-1838190914

https://jalopnik.com/president-trump...ing-1837471065

https://jalopnik.com/trumps-attempt-...-is-1837410141

Trump is just a bit buthurt his amazing idea isn't going down too well

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-18-2019 at 10:47 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah you have to be delusional to agree with that, I know its fun and trendy to bash Cali but not even Automakers want to roll back emissions standards
Delusional? Why? Air pollution from vehicles pales in comparison to pollution from other sources. It's trendy and cool to pretend to be green by driving a Prius or Tesla, but it's a joke.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:49 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Cali laws were set in place to improve air quality and in the valley it has made it so people dont have to stay inside on "bad air days"

Charts dont show that

and what about states rights? having the right to not be bullied by big brother, oh wait unless its convenient. such a silly hypocritical party!

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-18-2019 at 10:52 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Its funny how far these manufactures are trying to go with EGR.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #68

Quote:
Cali laws were set in place to improve air quality and in the valley it has made it so people dont have to stay inside on "bad air days"

Charts dont show that

and what about states rights? having the right to not be bullied by big brother, oh wait unless its convenient. such a silly hypocritical party!
Well when an entire city is constantly stuck in a traffic jam that shows something is wrong. And only a moron would put up with that IMO, but that's another topic.

States shouldn't have rights against every law. The Second Amendment is a great example. That's a Constitutional right that should not be allowed to be limited to by any state.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:01 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I like my life so I don't venture to Mexico.
well...there is much more than Mexico south of your border, isnt it?
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
No, I grew up in suburbs of Chicago. Moved to SoCal before High School.
Me too. St. Charles/Maple Park area. Moved to Fort Lauderdale in Middle School/Jr. High

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:33 PM   #71
RCC Addict

I live 15 minutes Northwest of Fort Lauderdale Florida in the City of Coral Springs one mile south of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland where the Valentine's Day shootings happened a year and a half ago. In Parkland, and the surrounding Coral Springs neighborhoods are gated communities with million-dollar plus houses with armed guards. Whaaaat? Ridiculous! $800 a month HOA fees! WTF! More than 50% of the apartment complexes are also gated here. I don't get it. It's not a high crime area. Why the gates? The kid who shot those 17 kids in Parkland last year was just an outlier.

When my wife and I bought a house 3 years ago we swore we wouldn't live in a gated community, and we don't. We live in a nice middle-class neighborhood with working folk just like us. Lots of kids in the neighborhood playing football and whatnot in my front yard and in the street.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
well...there is much more than Mexico south of your border, isnt it?

Mexico is the only country that worries me.

Lots of people in South America speak English if that's what you're referring to so I'd probably be good if I ever got lost and ended up down there. LOL
Old 09-18-2019, 06:50 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

all the cali smog laws do is cost us money they dont make the cars any cleaner they just choke them down till they bearly run then say isent that better but when there running right the burn cleaner f the california air resorce board f jerry brown and his brother for starting that crap its not fair we have to pay 300 for a catalatic converter that we can get in navada for 50 just one says carb aproved and one dosent they both do the same thing but one is illigal case it dosent have carb # stamped in to it

oh im sorry you have to shut down your bissnisse because your equipment dosent meet carbs new requirements that we just made up oh its gona cost you 100k to comply and buy a new pick up truck cause your 2005 isent alowed on the road any more sorry have a great day

hell ya trumps gona put a stop to this its unconstitutional there regulating the average joe out of the state my old beetle got over 50mpg and had no smog equipment so tell me again how smog is cleaning up the air i feel cars were cleaner before smog laws came about

there are pockets of cali that dont do smog so its still posable to have a clean burning rig with out big brother poking his nose under my hood and steeling my money
Old 09-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
all the cali smog laws do is cost us money they dont make the cars any cleaner they just choke them down till they bearly run then say isent that better but when there running right the burn cleaner f the california air resorce board f jerry brown and his brother for starting that crap its not fair we have to pay 300 for a catalatic converter that we can get in navada for 50 just one says carb aproved and one dosent they both do the same thing but one is illigal case it dosent have carb # stamped in to it

oh im sorry you have to shut down your bissnisse because your equipment dosent meet carbs new requirements that we just made up oh its gona cost you 100k to comply and buy a new pick up truck cause your 2005 isent alowed on the road any more sorry have a great day

hell ya trumps gona put a stop to this its unconstitutional there regulating the average joe out of the state my old beetle got over 50mpg and had no smog equipment so tell me again how smog is cleaning up the air i feel cars were cleaner before smog laws came about

there are pockets of cali that dont do smog so its still posable to have a clean burning rig with out big brother poking his nose under my hood and steeling my money
Remember that guy that created the gas saving carb?...

Its all about money man. Glad i live in an emission test free state. (Highest rate car insurance sucks though)

Old 09-18-2019, 10:46 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Charts dont show that

So because the valley has western breezes keeping the air virtually stagnated it is ok for the whole state to bully the rest of the country? What about our rights to not have to deal with such idiocy.

Carb doesn't care about clean air, they love them dollars though. If it was about pollution then there would be a pipe sniffer test and that's it. Who cares if you have a 2015 LSA installed in a 2000 Hyundai if there is air at least as clean as what it emitted from the factory? CA sure does and that's an illegal swap.

Gavin Newsom is a special kinda stupid but those that voted for him are even dumber. His retort about trump is comical. "Fact is, CA's outperforming the federal government:
Running record surpluses while Trump runs record deficits. Meeting our climate goals while expanding our economy.

We're the progressive answer to a transgressive President -- and it's driving him mad."

Wait, what? The state is virtually bankrupt, it has been for years and suddenly it has a surplus? Trump has created a record deficit? Last I looked his predecessor ran a whole pile of that up and trump doesn't write the budgets.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:36 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Remember that guy that created the gas saving carb?...

Its all about money man. Glad i live in an emission test free state. (Highest rate car insurance sucks though)

ya but but you do have vehicle inspections to make sure they dident rust through last winter i have a yard full of clasic cars from the 70s 71 beetle convertable a 73 campmobile and a 75 international scout and thats just 3 also a 87 pick up 2 subaru loyales 1 outback 1 forester 1 legacy 1 impreza

i kinda wish they were all 1/10 though moving 10 cars 500 miles is kinda a pain some will have to go and some ive moved already and the 5th wheel im almost there im about half way there

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
So because the valley has western breezes keeping the air virtually stagnated it is ok for the whole state to bully the rest of the country? What about our rights to not have to deal with such idiocy.

Carb doesn't care about clean air, they love them dollars though. If it was about pollution then there would be a pipe sniffer test and that's it. Who cares if you have a 2015 LSA installed in a 2000 Hyundai if there is air at least as clean as what it emitted from the factory? CA sure does and that's an illegal swap.

Gavin Newsom is a special kinda stupid but those that voted for him are even dumber. His retort about trump is comical. "Fact is, CA's outperforming the federal government:
Running record surpluses while Trump runs record deficits. Meeting our climate goals while expanding our economy.

We're the progressive answer to a transgressive President -- and it's driving him mad."

Wait, what? The state is virtually bankrupt, it has been for years and suddenly it has a surplus? Trump has created a record deficit? Last I looked his predecessor ran a whole pile of that up and trump doesn't write the budgets.
yup thats about it right there

Last edited by ferp420; 09-19-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:55 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Nobody checks our vehicles in michigan.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:15 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Nobody checks our vehicles in michigan.

Yea but that's Michigan, nobody cares.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

That's one plus of living in California. We can lift, lower, airbag most vehicles to a point as long as it passes smog.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

As opposed to other states??
We cant lower anything under 21 inches from center of the headlight to the ground. Not sure what the law is for lifting.
But I would hazzard a guess that other states dont really care.

Cars are only part of the reason I want out of Cali though.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote

Is Life in Calif That Bad? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southern Calif Orange County? djr01974 Newbie General 0 11-14-2015 08:54 PM
Crawler store in southern calif area? blckgnx California 8 01-22-2011 09:02 PM
how bad does heat affect battery life blazin396 Electronics 11 08-08-2010 12:44 PM
Fresno Calif Area Comp Tattoo John Competitions 7 10-20-2008 04:21 PM