Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Are u a mechanic?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Are u a mechanic?

Came across this quiz a lil bit ago. Thought id share it with yall.

https://quizzes.autoversed.com/quiz/...9ec401f18c7e70

How did u do?

I missed 5, couple of them were tricky n i misread one of the answer options. Score was 90%

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Are u a mechanic?

I missed 1. I chose McPherson strut instead of shock absorber. I got in a hurry and didn't read all the answers even though I noted that you couldn't see the coil bucket or spindle mount for the knuckle in the picture.

I don't feel too bad about it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I missed five. But I've never claimed to be a mechanic. I do however enjoy turning wrenches on things that I want to turn wrenches on. Whether it be cars, trucks, motorcycles, guns, bicycles, etc.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm not a mechanic but I like to play dress up now and then lol, I missed 2. The sway bar link (too zoomed in) and oil cooler (I expected a radiator if its a cooler)
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

That was fun! I missed the same two as HumboldtEF.
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:14 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I got in a hurry on the light bulbs. Got the rest right, though.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:40 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Nice job guys! One of the ones i missed was the gas cap. It looked kinda like it had a thermastat in it, or a pressure relief like a rad cap. Never seen a gas cap like that one lol.

I cant remember all five i missed, but the last one i missed was from misreadin the answers. I got in a hurry n read one of the options wrong. It was a fun quiz though

Old 09-04-2019, 05:59 AM   #8
JC3
Quarry Creeper

98% for me. Interesting wheel speed sensor and brake clipper photos. lol
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Nice job guys! One of the ones i missed was the gas cap. It looked kinda like it had a thermastat in it, or a pressure relief like a rad cap. Never seen a gas cap like that one lol.

I cant remember all five i missed, but the last one i missed was from misreadin the answers. I got in a hurry n read one of the options wrong. It was a fun quiz though

I got about halfway through and only missed one. Yeah, that "gas cap" looked like a radiator cap.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I missed 3 and am definitely not a mechanic.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:30 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Your Score: 92%

Missed 4 of wish the one i knew the second i pressed the wrong one.
But not bad factoring in many of the things in question i have never worked on / with, and most of them also made up for the other 3 wrong answers.

But i have spent many many hours doing the job engineers was supposed to do, but dident cuz they are overpaid lazy bastards.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:13 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Missed five. Knew two were wrong soon as I mashed the button, and yeah, that wonky gas cap!
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I missed 1. What they are calling an oil cooler is actually just an oil filter adapter. Another thing I noticed was on the "radiator" question, it's actually an intercooler.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I missed 1. What they are calling an oil cooler is actually just an oil filter adapter. Another thing I noticed was on the "radiator" question, it's actually an intercooler.
Not to be a dink but I AM a mechanic and that oil cooler, is an oil cooler. Those are coolant nipples for coolant to pass through and around the heat exchanger to cool the oil. If it was an adapter for a remote oil cooler, there would be threaded nipples for pressure lines to attach to and run to an external cooler.

And the “intercooler” is actually and AFTERCOOLER. Intercoolers are mounted to the engine in some way, usually abover or in the V of a V style engine, and are of the water to air heat exchanger style. That is an air to air aftercooler used usually in a turbo charger or supercharger application.

Again, not trying to be a dink, just hate misinformation out there on the interwebs.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Not to be a dink but I AM a mechanic and that oil cooler, is an oil cooler. Those are coolant nipples for coolant to pass through and around the heat exchanger to cool the oil. If it was an adapter for a remote oil cooler, there would be threaded nipples for pressure lines to attach to and run to an external cooler.

And the “intercooler” is actually and AFTERCOOLER. Intercoolers are mounted to the engine in some way, usually abover or in the V of a V style engine, and are of the water to air heat exchanger style. That is an air to air aftercooler used usually in a turbo charger or supercharger application.

Again, not trying to be a dink, just hate misinformation out there on the interwebs.

Ben
I thought the oil cooler was actually a relocator for the filter. Never thought about it not havin threaded nipples for lines. That was one of them i missed as well

Old 09-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Fair enough.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I missed 2. The shock or strut wasn't the best image and I guessed it wrong. The other one was the sway bar link, not enough "content" in the image for me to be 100% sure.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Yeah, didnt really have a good shot of the sway bar. Thoughtvit was a tierod myself

Old 09-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Yes, I'm a heavy duty mechanic. Have off and on down time at work for the night so I joined in on the fun. Took the quiz, got 100%. The test is a little miss leading have to say.

Take for instance. The light bulbs. They asked if they were license plate or taillights. The answer was license plate lights. The lights looked like they could of been a 168 or 194 numbers, or possibly some other numbers in that size of light bulb. But they could of been on a car that has outter and inner tail lights. And those lights could of passed for a inner tail light. So it was a bad question imo.

Than they showed what they called a ignition switch. That was a lock cylinder. The ignition switch is the electrical part.

Than they showed a wiper motor. What they showed was a wiper transmission/linkage assembly with a wiper motor.

If you guys had fun with that quiz I have a small box with parts in it at my other job that I get out for new people to play name that part or with annoying people and I'll post some pictures and we can play name thoses parts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:05 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Yes, I'm a heavy duty mechanic. Have off and on down time at work for the night so I joined in on the fun. Took the quiz, got 100%. The test is a little miss leading have to say.

Take for instance. The light bulbs. They asked if they were license plate or taillights. The answer was license plate lights. The lights looked like they could of been a 168 or 194 numbers, or possibly some other numbers in that size of light bulb. But they could of been on a car that has outter and inner tail lights. And those lights could of passed for a inner tail light. So it was a bad question imo.

Than they showed what they called a ignition switch. That was a lock cylinder. The ignition switch is the electrical part.

Than they showed a wiper motor. What they showed was a wiper transmission/linkage assembly with a wiper motor.

If you guys had fun with that quiz I have a small box with parts in it at my other job that I get out for new people to play name that part or with annoying people and I'll post some pictures and we can play name thoses parts.
Shoot levi, y not have a lil fun lol. Post up some pics n we'll give it a whirl

Are u a mechanic? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best looking mechanic on the utube caymin last Chit Chat 22 07-21-2017 04:35 AM
anyone a a/c mechanic 93 FORD BRONCO Chit Chat 24 06-08-2010 07:02 AM
need to interview a mechanic help! trost Chit Chat 7 10-17-2007 10:36 PM