Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat
Loading

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #41
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,511
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Thanks guys. I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining, I really was excited to be able to put my shoes on, I even sent a picture of my feet to my wife!
I didn't take it as complaining at all.

I agree 100% that do things now because tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Even the healthy sometimes drop dead without warning or get killed in accidents so live for today.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
I’m in the oilfield, drilling side and currently in WTX. Set a lease record against 5 other more capable rigs and nearly 100 wells. My relief and I made over 3455’ in a 24 hour period. Ousted the previous record by 195’. A report came out from corporate and I have the fastest connections, fastest pipe tripping both in/out, 2nd place for running casing (12,000’ in 12 hours vs 14,000’), as well as fastest transitions between operations. This is a performance based industry and we’ve survived 1.5 years to date. 3 other rigs have come and gone.
Where are the photos? This is the kinda of stuff that would make this thread exciting.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Short answer: I got some sleep

Longer Answer: After about 20 years of not feeling rested after sleep, finally got in to see a sleep specialist recently. They did a sleep study and found that I have pretty significant sleep apnea (averaged 76 apneas of 10+ seconds per hour, no REM sleep in 4 hours, oxygen levels dropped under 80%). Got fitted for a CPAP machine yesterday, last night was my first night wearing it. Still need to get fully used to it, but I definitely feel different today...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I have sleep apnea and I got a CPAP machine. Good luck with it. It takes a while to adapt to. Sadly it never made a difference for me. I never feel well rested.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #42
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 766
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I have sleep apnea and I got a CPAP machine. Good luck with it. It takes a while to adapt to. Sadly it never made a difference for me. I never feel well rested.
That sucks it didn't work for you. I'm not sure how effective it's going to be for me overall yet. Definitely feel different today, but I'm still getting used to wearing it, so it did affect the amount of time I slept last night. Feels like I exchanged quantity for quality, hopefully the quantity goes back up as I get used to it.

I also have PTSD from Iraq, so I don't think I'm ever gonna get 8 hrs of perfect sleep, but at this point I think 4-6 of moderately restful would be a huge improvement.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #43
Moderator
 
JatoTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 13,511
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
That sucks it didn't work for you. I'm not sure how effective it's going to be for me overall yet. Definitely feel different today, but I'm still getting used to wearing it, so it did affect the amount of time I slept last night. Feels like I exchanged quantity for quality, hopefully the quantity goes back up as I get used to it.

I also have PTSD from Iraq, so I don't think I'm ever gonna get 8 hrs of perfect sleep, but at this point I think 4-6 of moderately restful would be a huge improvement.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The CPAP works wonders for others that I know so there's a good chance it will help you.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #44
RCC Addict
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: What did you do today?

Well I put my last day of work in at my job, plant was sold and they laid us all off. Sign up for unemployment benefits on Sunday. Over 29 years of service, we were notified on May 10th of this year and none of us still know what or if we are getting any kind of severance. Thank God I have no bills and the wife has a pretty decent job. To be honest I could use a couple weeks of time off, been working since I was about 12 years old and started this job when I was 19. I got a lot of R/C projects to get done so the time will be well used lol.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #45
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 766
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Well I put my last day of work in at my job, plant was sold and they laid us all off. Sign up for unemployment benefits on Sunday. Over 29 years of service, we were notified on May 10th of this year and none of us still know what or if we are getting any kind of severance. Thank God I have no bills and the wife has a pretty decent job. To be honest I could use a couple weeks of time off, been working since I was about 12 years old and started this job when I was 19. I got a lot of R/C projects to get done so the time will be well used lol.
Went through something similar back at the end of Feb. Owner just up and decided he was done with the company, sold the assets off to another (similar) company, and rolled out. New owner wanted to pay craptastic wages and under the table, so I just moved on. Just started work again a few weeks ago, got pretty nervous for a minute, lol.

Best of luck in your job search once you're done with your break...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #46
RCC Addict
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: What did you do today?

Thanks, I think I have something lined up but I was told it might be 2 months or 6 months before I'm hired. I'm gonna just enjoy the break for now lol.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 3,437
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Where are the photos? This is the kinda of stuff that would make this thread exciting.


One of many connections.


This guy.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:05 PM   #48
Gold Star Baby!
 
Topher Builds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,554
Default Re: What did you do today?

Got out last night for a bit and went and saw Greta Van Fleet. Had a blast, they put on a solid show.
Attached Images
 
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #49
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 932
Default Re: What did you do today?

disputed 2200 dollars in charges on my credit card some asshat in Elmont NY saw fit to spend at a smoke and vape shop

sold and financed a few cars

I think I'll go home and get drunk, show my wife a good time. merica
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 3,437
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Got out last night for a bit and went and saw Greta Van Fleet. Had a blast, they put on a solid show.


Listen to them all the time.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:55 PM   #51
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,563
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Got out last night for a bit and went and saw Greta Van Fleet. Had a blast, they put on a solid show.


Oh man Id like to see them! Looks like you had a good view!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:37 AM   #52
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,765
Default Re: What did you do today?

Bought my first crawler.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 148
Default Re: What did you do today?

Last night my band played an outdoor show at this venue: Davis Mega Farm Festival. It was a rough night for me. We had sound issues and it was getting me aggravated. As a result, my playing suffered, so it wasn't one of my better shows. Then again, it's hard to play well when you can't hear yourself for most of the night.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:36 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 3,437
Default What did you do today?

Finished a 17.5 day well drilled to 19,477. 3 strings of casing ran. 1200, 7330, and last night to 19468. Everyone is ecstatic. Also made 365 days last night without injury or incident with Chevron and 1095 days for the rig hands.


One day at a time.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:11 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 287
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Finished a 17.5 day well drilled to 19,477. 3 strings of casing ran. 1200, 7330, and last night to 19468. Everyone is ecstatic. Also made 365 days last night without injury or incident with Chevron and 1095 days for the rig hands.


One day at a time.
That's one deep hole. Good work and stay safe.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: We-Go, Chi-Town, Ill
Posts: 2,537
Default Re: What did you do today?

Helped Dad with a hot water heater replacement, he's handling the connections and installation, I've wrestled the old one out of place and the new one into place then put the motorized scooter that he originally bought for Mom into the back of his van so he would ride that around Menards to get stuff to finish the swap. Was going to assemble a new bed that I ordered to replace mine (it's shot), but Wayfair sent the wrong one
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 3,437
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
That's one deep hole. Good work and stay safe.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk


True depth is only 8300. The other 11000 is laid out 90*.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 287
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
True depth is only 8300. The other 11000 is laid out 90*.
Still uses the same number of drill stems. Hell of a job. Where was the well?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:06 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Deep South
Posts: 3,437
Default Re: What did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Still uses the same number of drill stems. Hell of a job. Where was the well?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk


West Texas. 1 hour due south of Carlsbad, NM.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,845
Default Re: What did you do today?

Took a break from tiny trucks to drive big trucks through the woods.



This was a private offroad park and trails we stuck to were pretty tame but really tight (like 3-4 inches of clearance in a lot of places, the public trails in the national forest a few miles away are like highways in comparison). I had not been out since getting rid of my old Jeep WJ and driving something with a nearly 2 foot longer wheelbase was an experience. Rubbed a couple trees and scraped the frame rail a time or 2 but not bad at all for a stock Tacoma. I foresee many thousands of dollars being spent on truck parts in my future.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend



What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM
look at what I got today rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 07-28-2010 07:57 PM
Got my CC today FlexdXJ Duratrax Cliff Climber 0 07-01-2009 08:20 PM
Look what came today! 4u2nv Tires and Wheels 15 12-06-2007 12:21 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com