Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What did you do today?

i did some scouting for some good crawling spots out by soggie lake on the dirt bike i found what looks to me like slickrock with some great terain while scouting i found a lid to a patrolium jelly jar so being slickrock and the patrolium jelly im calling it vasaline alley and seeing as how theres a fire ring in the clearing by the base of the rocks im calling that spot camp vasaline or camp v i walked a bunch of trails and they look vary scaler freindly

Last edited by ferp420; 11-13-2019 at 05:42 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMark View Post
That can't be her real name.

Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Finally got my hobby/ rc room set up in our new house. Still plenty of details to get ironed out but at least I have the basics up and running. Eventually I'll add some more shelves as well as signs, posters, etc.

Big change from your hobby room we saw when we visited you last year! Very nice, are you guys all settled in now?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:30 AM   #144
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Big change from your hobby room we saw when we visited you last year! Very nice, are you guys all settled in now?
Ernie
Hey... Thank you, Ernie! It's quite a change from the old place but we're settling in just fine and taking on all the new challenges and obstacles one at a time ( aside from those days when it all hits us at once lol). If you make it down this way again, we'd love to have you stop on by and treat you and Marcia to dinner! Y'all take care and thanks again.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey... Thank you, Ernie! It's quite a change from the old place but we're settling in just fine and taking on all the new challenges and obstacles one at a time ( aside from those days when it all hits us at once lol). If you make it down this way again, we'd love to have you stop on by and treat you and Marcia to dinner! Y'all take care and thanks again.
Glad to hear you and Chelsea are settling in. Yes, it is kind of like buying a used car, you truly don't know what your getting until you put a few miles on it.

And thanks for the invite, I think we will stay away from the Texas Chili this time though.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Made some runs around the new front yard track I made for the go faster dirt squirters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1gisSsA14M
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:42 PM   #147
RCC Addict

I guess this is as good a reason to bump this thread as any... Finished up our guest bathroom remodel today. Still a couple small pics to hang and a couple very small touch-ups but otherwise it's done. This was a sort of vision that I had and wanted to execute. Had to make a lot of changes and upgrades along the way unfortunately. Intended to salvage as much as we could but I sorta "had" to keep updating things as I went. At least we were able to save the vanity, toilet, faucets, and flooring. Some of what had to be added or replaced: Shower curtain, rod, & hooks, mirror, light fixture & bulbs, tp & towel holders, cabinet knobs, door knob & hinges... etc. Lotta paint too: Walls/ ceiling/ vanity/ exhaust & register covers/ trim/ vanity bottom/ fronts & backs of cabinet doors/ shelf... plus a lot of drywall filling, silicone caulking, sanding, drilling, and leveling lol. Anyway... a few during and after pics. That Red wicker mirror frame was horrible lol.

Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Took a few minutes, about 60 of them lol, and got the DRC Wheely Bar Wheels on. Used a couple pieces of body post as bushings, trimmed them for length, put a hole through the center, then trimmed down the wheely bar spacer/brace so it all fit on the inside as it should. Just need to add the longer rod ends back on the adjusters so I can drop the wheely bar about 1/2 in more.
Carriers should be here Mon or Tuesday.
Also swapped out the crappy Traxxas Servo Saver for a normal Aluminum arm.

Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #149

I have worked. Had a lot of work to be done at office: papers, documents, had to find a decent translation service and found by link https://thewordpoint.com/languages/l...ation-services . It helped me narrow down choices! I have taken the dogs out and got the dishwasher fixed, so far. Am just going out to pick up a Chinese for tea.

Last edited by Aleksks; 12-16-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Aleksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Default What did you do today?

Technically yesterday but we stained and sealed 7 2x12s for our stairs. It rained last night so we had to bring them in half wet with sealer still lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:56 AM   #151

I spent the whole day in a school. I hadn't planned being there for the whole day, but sometimes that happens - I had to finish one important project together with the guys from https://www.topwritersreview.com/buy...ting-services/ . Then I brought some crackers with me. That ended up being my lunch! Then I headed up home and had my dinner. Watched Your Honor on Netflix

Last edited by Aleksks; 01-25-2021 at 02:18 AM.
Aleksks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:48 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

I made 2 new door panels for my 93 Pickup, and some storage space under the back seats of my Tundra
Attached Images

Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
I made 2 new door panels for my 93 Pickup, and some storage space under the back seats of my Tundra

Pics of said trucks? Love me some Yoders.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:56 PM   #154
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Pics of said trucks? Love me some Yoders.
X2. And that's a pretty nice idea for the storage.

Technically this was yesterday not today but we finally finished our dining room. This eyesore of a room was pretty far down on the remodel priority list when we bought this house a little over a year ago because we knew that we wouldn't be actually utilizing a formal dining room very often. So we concentrated on the kitchen, hallways, living room, and guest bathroom. But when we eventually finished those rooms, we needed to finally address this one. Over the past year, we've been using this room for coats, shoes, recyclable trash, a refrigerator, and all kinds of other junk. It was a mess. Really happy with how it came out although it was a bitch due to having to remove the old wallpaper boarder and a bunch of other work that I didn't account for. Ceiling looks white-ish in pics but it's actually the same color as our kitchen which helps to tie the two rooms together. The other rooms in our house with the exception of the guest bathroom, are very subdued, neutral so we wanted this one to be bold. I feel like we achieved that. Just so glad it's done now. Anyway... obligatory pics... First two are the "before" pics.

Old 01-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Damn, you guys did a FANTASTIC job doin' up that room!

I'm just now trying to motivate myself to find a non-apartment in Austin that is relatively affordable...

My first quick search was pretty depressing as the real estate market is flat-out insane in this town!
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Damn, you guys did a FANTASTIC job doin' up that room!

I'm just now trying to motivate myself to find a non-apartment in Austin that is relatively affordable...

My first quick search was pretty depressing as the real estate market is flat-out insane in this town!
Thanks very much. It was a lot more work than I had anticipated but I guess that's always the case lol.

It really is crazy what the same sq footage/ same acreage/ similar floor-plan costs in the ATX as opposed to outside the city limits. I think that's why our town is growing so fast. We're so close with just jumping on 71 and being at ABIA within 25 mins. So it's become a very inviting prospect for those working in Austin. Bad thing here is rising property tax so there's always a flip side. Wish I had bought a house here many years ago rather than all the years that I rented. But tbh, had my wife not wanted to buy a home, I'd very likely still be renting. I really never thought that I'd ever be a homeowner. OH well... One year down/ 29 more to go... ugh. Of course, never thought I'd ever be married either so you just never know lol.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:59 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks very much. It was a lot more work than I had anticipated but I guess that's always the case lol.

It really is crazy what the same sq footage/ same acreage/ similar floor-plan costs in the ATX as opposed to outside the city limits. I think that's why our town is growing so fast. We're so close with just jumping on 71 and being at ABIA within 25 mins. So it's become a very inviting prospect for those working in Austin. Bad thing here is rising property tax so there's always a flip side. Wish I had bought a house here many years ago rather than all the years that I rented. But tbh, had my wife not wanted to buy a home, I'd very likely still be renting. I really never thought that I'd ever be a homeowner. OH well... One year down/ 29 more to go... ugh. Of course, never thought I'd ever be married either so you just never know lol.
I've been in the Austin area since '83 (when I came up for college), minus my service in California, a few months in Detroit right after that, and about 9 months givin' Dallas a try (nope!).

It's INSANE to see all the changes in and around Austin, and the thought that I've rented the whole time (other than a brief period when my now-ex long-term girlfriend and I moved into a house her mother bought for her/us) does me in at times...

I'm extra paranoid because I don't want to pick something and regret it!

Being single also makes it much harder because not only is my income low for being able to afford mortgage payments, but I sure as heck don't need the amount of living space that 95% of these properties offer.
durok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:13 AM   #158
RCC Addict

Ugh. I've built countless motorcycle engines, but surprisingly, never built an automotive V8. I just tore down my best friend's engine out of his '66 Nova after it made crunchy death noises at ~6500+rpm... like 3 years ago. It broke a couple tie-bars on the roller conversion lifters, which turned into nice cutting tools when they turned 90 degrees and chewed the lobes off the cam. He shut it down immediately, but it still lunched the main bearings/ journals, the cylinders have some scratches that *might* be enough to need machine work/new pistons. The oil filter was clean, but the oil was full of lady glitter sparkles. I'm going to have another friend come over to give his opinion, (I value his because, well, he somehow managed to make 2000hp stay together for 2 seasons so I trust that he knows a thing or 2 about what looks okay or not.) It WAS a pretty healthy (for a street driven car, far from anything we'd call a "race engine", 10:1 235@.050, .570") aluminum headed 383 roller motor, but I just don't know at what point I should just suggest he cuts his losses? The heads are still good, and his car is all setup for a small block. As tempting as it is to suggest making the move to an LSx, a relatively basic crate 383 short block would drop in and not cost a whole lot more than it would cost to make this one right (considering he may need to buy pistons and also needs to replace several other ill matched components) and he'd have something that might actually last awhile that way. This engine only has 8-10 street hours on it, makes me nervous about my "brand new" 383 collecting dust in my own stalled project.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:15 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I've been in the Austin area since '83 (when I came up for college), minus my service in California, a few months in Detroit right after that, and about 9 months givin' Dallas a try (nope!).

It's INSANE to see all the changes in and around Austin, and the thought that I've rented the whole time (other than a brief period when my now-ex long-term girlfriend and I moved into a house her mother bought for her/us) does me in at times...

I'm extra paranoid because I don't want to pick something and regret it!

Being single also makes it much harder because not only is my income low for being able to afford mortgage payments, but I sure as heck don't need the amount of living space that 95% of these properties offer.

You're not wrong about your concerns. I have a good deal of anxiety ( that I keep suppressed because I need to be supportive and positive for my wife) about owning this home. At my age it was one hell of a commitment and there are definitely worries that I don't like... rising property taxes, responsibility to maintain everything, etc.

But I also had a lot of similar concerns being a renter... Never knowing from one year to the next how much rent would increase, wondering if/ when the landlord might sell the property, etc. Also we were paying pretty close in rent to what we are now paying for our monthly mortgage payment. So yeah... I think there's legitimate pros/ cons with each. I just wish I was younger cause that's just an unfortunate handicap no matter what lol.

Our rental house was 1100 sq ft which was honestly too small. Admittedly, my auto and hobby stuff ( incl a lot of tools) took up a lot of that space but regardless, we needed more room. This home is 1800 sq ft and while not huge by any stretch, feels significantly better suited to our 2 person family.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:21 PM   #160
I joined the Band!

I was working all the time. Due to the pandemic, I lost my job so I had to find a new one. I read a lot of uber reviews and decided to work in a taxi. To be honest, it's not my dream work but it's the only option for me now. I hope I'll find something more respectable soon.

Last edited by Lesorivel; 01-25-2021 at 01:52 AM.
Lesorivel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend

What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM
look at what I got today rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 07-28-2010 07:57 PM
Got my CC today FlexdXJ Duratrax Cliff Climber 0 07-01-2009 08:20 PM
Look what came today! 4u2nv Tires and Wheels 15 12-06-2007 12:21 PM