Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What did you do today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #1

Default What did you do today?

I don't remember seeing a thread like this on here so I thought it would be fun to start one.

Post up anything, preferably fun and awesome, that you did today or during your weekend. Make sure to include photos of the fun.

So...what'd you do today?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was my second cousin's second birthday party. Lots of fun because I enjoy hanging out with my big family. No photos of that because you most likely don't care.

On Sunday my dad and I rode our motorcycles up to Bear Creek Mountain Resort to a Mahindra Roxor demo hosted by Blackman's Cycle Center. I'm somewhat familiar with the Roxor because I've had interest in them since they were first announced and because Blackman's is a dealer and they have tons of them in stock. But if you are not familiar with the Roxor they are basically licensed Jeep CJ clones meant to be sold abroad. The versions sold here are assembled in American and although not street legal apparently Mahinda made them as easy as possible to get plated and there are companies that will get them registered for you. They are powered by 2.5L turbo diesel four cylinder engines. They don't have a ton of power, but they are geared so low that they would pull a house. Top speed is governed to 55 MPH. Jeep is not happy they are being sold in the US and a lawsuit has been filed against Mahindra.

Anyway, Blackman's had five Roxors on hand. Four were manual and the one I got to drive was automatic. We took about a 10 minute trail ride through fairly mild terrain, but these things are a ton of fun. They'd be perfect for slow trail rides and crawling. If you want to blitz down trails a SxS would probably be a better option.

The lineup minus the guide Roxor.

My steed.

The Roxor that my dad drove.

After this I also gave the Honda CRF50 pit bike a service.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What did you do today?

Well, not today, but Saturday night was a 'night poker run' put on my a local club 'Crazy Crawlers' out at Horseman's Center in Apple Valley - same location we have Proline By The Fire crawling event. About 80 peeps showed up with all their gnarly crawler rigs and did a 2 hour trail run with 5 poker-card buckets - best hand takes the entry haul which was $15/head.

Very nice event, and it cools right off up there in the high desert as soon as the sun sets.

RC Crawling is alive and well in so-Cal.

On another note, I have sold my BMW R1200GS adventure bike.
Ol' Browneye is just getting too old to ride.

But my back is finally back to normal after an 8-week misery. A sports-medicine clinic and DC fixed me up in three visits. Whoot!!
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #3

i closed on a house today! over the weekend i worked and did some crawling/tested out my new(to me) 360 camera on the truck. way to top heavy.
turboturro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #4
Go Buckeyes!

Great idea on the thread Jato!

Well, I don't have any pics and I made sure I did as little as possible this past weekend!

I was lucky enough to have another Birthday this past Saturday the 21st! I went out to eat with the family and went back home to watch College football the rest of the day. That is all I did and I was completely happy with it!

I don't believe I have ever heard of the Mahindra Roxor. I know they make tractors, but never knew they made Jeep clones. They look cool and they look like they would be fun to cruise around in on the backroads!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #5
~THE SCALE SHOP~

sundays list of accomplishments
Rambo 1
Expendibles 1-3
Indycars @ Laguna
F1 @ Singapore.

#couchpotato
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Fri/Sat was Squirrel Fest 2019 here in Southern Oregon. My 3rd year in attendance, and I've won at least 1 event every year, but never the same event twice. This year I got 3rd in the Fast Drag / Hill Climb, and 1st place in the 1/18 Class (RC4WD rigs) Mini Crawl. Won a 1/24 ECX crawler as a prize for 1st place. Josh (Harley Designs) and John Schultz (Element RC) were both in attendance this year. My daughter talked Josh's ear off and got her picture taken with him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited by JSterrett; 09-23-2019 at 06:14 PM.
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturro88 View Post
i closed on a house today! over the weekend i worked and did some crawling/tested out my new(to me) 360 camera on the truck. way to top heavy.
Congratulations! My wife and I closed on our first home Sept 6th. Since then it's been a whirlwind of new challenges and frustrations ( and some degree of excitement). I've never lived in a halfway decent home so this is all quite unfamiliar territory. Old house I had lived in for 15 yrs was built in 1942 on pier & beam/ 1100 sq ft. New place was built in 2001 on slab/ 1832 sq ft. I'm loving having a proper garage now and my wife is loving having indoor laundry facilities lol. Having two bathrooms is also pretty nice.

This past wknd was the "big" move... furniture. So tired and sore today but thankfully we had a few of my friends with trucks and a trailer help with this monumental task. Never realized how many tools and crawlers and guitars and hobby stuff I had until now. We're about 80% done at this point and will be going back and forth this week to get the remaining things as well as cleaning/ mowing etc at the old house. So much that we're already doing or planning to do here at the new house but it certainly gets overwhelming so we're making sure to prioritize and just take things one step at a time.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I went and picked up my wild lands gear, and my bunker gear today, and made a deal on a 2007 F150, I paid $900 for, but it’s missing 3 tires.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post

What the car crusher is going on here?!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
What the car crusher is going on here?!
Every year, a volunteer sacrifices a crawler to die an awful death, lol. Some people get pretty offended, but it's all in fun. It was a younger kid this year, so the remains were auctioned off (for $200) and given to the kid to start him on his next build. Plus people usually get together after the carnage and donate parts and stuff to the person who made the sacrifice.

It's something different every year. 2017 it was run over by a 1:1 crawler. 2018 it was chopped in half by a guillotine...

Here's a couple more pics:

Last edited by JSterrett; 09-23-2019 at 06:15 PM.
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:57 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I ate way too much Mexican for lunch. Time will tell if that was a smart move or not.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I didn't do anything as exiting as crushing RC's, I picked up about 400 lbs in rock to add to my backyard course. When I get bored with my layout I'll tear down the course and re-stack everything, its a fair bit of work but worth it so it stays fresh. So thats what I did on Saturday, I ran it for a total of like 6 hours or so this weekend.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 09-23-2019 at 02:30 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Congratulations! My wife and I closed on our first home Sept 6th. Since then it's been a whirlwind of new challenges and frustrations ( and some degree of excitement). I've never lived in a halfway decent home so this is all quite unfamiliar territory. Old house I had lived in for 15 yrs was built in 1942 on pier & beam/ 1100 sq ft. New place was built in 2001 on slab/ 1832 sq ft. I'm loving having a proper garage now and my wife is loving having indoor laundry facilities lol. Having two bathrooms is also pretty nice.

This past wknd was the "big" move... furniture. So tired and sore today but thankfully we had a few of my friends with trucks and a trailer help with this monumental task. Never realized how many tools and crawlers and guitars and hobby stuff I had until now. We're about 80% done at this point and will be going back and forth this week to get the remaining things as well as cleaning/ mowing etc at the old house. So much that we're already doing or planning to do here at the new house but it certainly gets overwhelming so we're making sure to prioritize and just take things one step at a time.
I detest moving. When we got our house, we went from a 710 sqft apartment to a 2200 sqft house. Coming out of the apartment, I figured the move would be pretty simple. Wrong! I can't believe how much stuff we had crammed in that apartment. Thankfully we literally moved 1 mile away, so it was pretty easy to shuttle stuff.

As for my weekend, I did absolutely nothing for the most part. We took advantage of "Free Museum Day" and took in this: Millyard Museum. It is an interesting history of my city. After that, I drank beer with my neighbors.

Yay ambition!

Last edited by skinnyj; 09-23-2019 at 03:08 PM.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:37 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I got off my ass a bit late, but went out with the car to test a new area i have found.
Also grabbed a few gates for my trip.

As long as you don't mind clearing a few branches ASO when putting down a track, and have some footwear that do well with water, and you don't mind to be in a area that as far as i can tell see some earth slides then its all good.

I was a bit too hard with the gates today, in regard to placement, forgetting i run a fairly slammed C1 rig, and could probably find some better tires for the job too.
Then again if it was easy, every one would do it.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I busted tail puttin a hitch on out 10t dump truck at work today, no pics though, get some tomorrow. Gotta finish weldin on it.

A whole lot of bdays on sat i see. My wifes bday was sat as well, n unfortunantly i had to work n shes been sick all weekend. Was really lookin forward to a long weekend alone with her at the cabin.

Sunday was my father in laws bday, n ill b danged if he aint sick too... So since everybody else is sick, i went to town. Stopped by the park where we go to town to do our shoppin n got some crawlin in. (Alot of pics in my thread in 10.2 section) Had a good time, was goina get some vid but forgot to charge the camera the nite before smh. Started back to the truck to go do the shoppin n flipped the truck endo all the way to the water, urgh. It was submerged atleast a inch. Had steering but no fwd/rev movement. Goina let it dry another day n check things out.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:20 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I went to the US comp crawling nationals in wendover nevada this weekend. Absolute riot of a time. Came in 17th out of 38 in Pro so I don't feel bad at all about how it went.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:41 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

My wife and I signed papers today to close on our new Texas home, it will officially close on Wednesday.

Got my off-set steering arm for the TRX4 in the mail.
Atitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
On another note, I have sold my BMW R1200GS adventure bike.
Ol' Browneye is just getting too old to ride.
Sad day. :( Sorry to hear that, but you know yourself better than anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Great idea on the thread Jato!
Thank you! I'm glad to see this thread taking off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I went to the US comp crawling nationals in wendover nevada this weekend. Absolute riot of a time. Came in 17th out of 38 in Pro so I don't feel bad at all about how it went.
I wanna see pics of the rig. I'm always interested in the moon buggies since they are so different than anything I've ever built.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:55 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
Fri/Sat was Squirrel Fest 2019 here in Southern Oregon. My 3rd year in attendance, and I've won at least 1 event every year, but never the same event twice. This year I got 3rd in the Fast Drag / Hill Climb, and 1st place in the 1/18 Class (RC4WD rigs) Mini Crawl. Won a 1/24 ECX crawler as a prize for 1st place. Josh (Harley Designs) and John Schultz (Element RC) were both in attendance this year. My daughter talked Josh's ear off and got her picture taken with him.

My condolences to your daughter. 😛

Congrats, sounds like a great event. 👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I already PM'd this to the OP as part of a long convo...

But as long as we are talking about good stuff that happened over the weekend - OK, I'll preface this by saying that I worked Saturday and Sunday. Same as I have for the last 9 months or so...

BUT!

Just yesterday, I found out from a co-worker that they had done profit-sharing, and that I should check my bank (I had seen some email about it and ignored it, because I thought it was for salaried only)...

I checked it and found out I got a pro-rated direct deposit for my 6 months as a direct-hire!

I have not had something that unexpectedly nice happen to me in maybe 20 years...

So, now I have no worries about picking up a new crawler as my B-day (I'll be 55 Nov 8th... groan) gift
That's just too damn cool!

And about a week before that, I found out I got my desired shift bid for the next quarter - so on Oct.7 I start having Friday and Saturday off for the next 4 months!

...beats the heck outta having Wednesday and Friday off, and having to work the day in-between, as well as both of the aforementioned weekend days.

So - high plains drifter, and anyone else that's moving to (or nearby) Austin, maybe this fall when it gets cooler outside, we can have some crawling sessions!

As long as we don't end up being some huge unruly mob - I know of a few really nifty scale-accurate spots in town...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
events, fun, life, today, weekend

What did you do today? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today!!! hotrodsoup Axial Wraith 0 09-15-2011 03:52 AM
today foolish 1 Arizona 0 08-13-2011 12:42 PM
look at what I got today rockerrc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 07-28-2010 07:57 PM
Got my CC today FlexdXJ Duratrax Cliff Climber 0 07-01-2009 08:20 PM
Look what came today! 4u2nv Tires and Wheels 15 12-06-2007 12:21 PM