Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: New Web site RC-MAPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New Web site RC-MAPS

Hey all, Here is a new web site just getting started for everyone to post places to go to crawl, bash, race tracks and hobby shops. http://www.rcmap.io/?fbclid=IwAR1C4S...7lZ_jeSEsFfeGg

They also have a Face Book page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rcma...target&fref=nf

It's a map full of pin drops and well labeled. Zoom in or out to see all of the places to go to. They are doing giveaways too for those that post and share places.

This is pretty cool and is great info for anyone wanting to take their rigs along on vacation to go to different states and even countries.

Check it out!
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Web site RC-MAPS

Just added one of the places where we have spent many hours and walked many miles with the scalers.

https://www.rcmap.io/places/moesgaard-flojstrup-forest
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Web site RC-MAPS

Great, another way for the sweet spots you love to get blown out by everyone with an internet connection!

I'm gonna go against the grain on this sort of thing. I've seen how it plays out in my motorcycle and 4wd circles, I take a couple of guys on my pristine super secret singletrack, some clown posts the gps route on a website, and before the year is through, everyone and their cousin knows about it, there's way more traffic on the trail, it's blown out, and sometimes shut down.

I've experienced it with RC stuff too. I hosted an informal comp a few years ago, which quickly spread to facespace, and it seems like that's one of 3 spots that anyone in a 40 mile radius bothers to crawl at now. Same thing with a very specific spot in the dunes we've been running at for ~20years. I showed a group of people my spot, and effective immediately (thanks social media) large groups were running there EVERY weekend (whereas only a few people seemed to run there, very seldom, before) no keepin it on the down low about it. I went back to run there 2 months later (a typical interval for me at that spot) and there's new 6ft tall fences all the way around it! It's like nobody looks at the world around them to see that there are good spots for rc all around if you just LOOK, instead they need to be spoon fed how and where to play with their toy trucks. Where's the sense of adventure in that?

Sorry for the rant. I can see the benefit to sites like that, unfortunately I've seen the downsides firsthand too.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote

New Web site RC-MAPS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vp web site vito Newbie General 29 08-26-2013 10:49 AM
web site with all parts!?!? redneckjiujitsu Redcat Crawlers 5 12-13-2010 09:31 PM
warcrc web site? dragonracing Washington 18 01-22-2009 09:06 AM
NEW RC web site Leeroy General Crawlers 1 07-31-2008 09:42 AM
rc madhouse web site yellowrunner Chit Chat 2 01-26-2006 03:59 PM