RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   2020 Projects & Plans. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/614551-2020-projects-amp%3B-plans.html)

HugoBiermann 01-08-2020 01:38 AM

2020 Projects & Plans.

I think this is a interesting topic for some of us and havent seen a 2020 one yet.

Heres my list:

Finish buying a house. Should have this done by March.

Finish my Samil build. This I don’t know. The house takes priority a.t.m. Should be wheeling this year...

Need to look at a bigger car for the wife. Don’t know how that will go with the house thats being bought... LOL.

Need to CAD a Tamiya WT01 chassis plate. The woman’s one is aging and becoming very brittle. Would like to get some plates cut out of some 3mm Alu.

Maybe start collecting parts to upgrade my WPL B1.

Tweak my Mog’s rear 4-link. Need to clock the axle a bit. Also get some better foams for the Louise tires.

I’ve got some friends that would like to join in on some trailing but aren’t interested in buying a rig yet. Might build a random parts rig. Or just build a cheap rig because its fun building!

Source some more parts for my OG Hornet.

Source some Stainless Spokes and Brass nipples for my Akisu BMX build. Have been collecting parts for this for around 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col_Sanders 01-08-2020 08:41 AM

Re: 2020 Projects & Plans.

RC wise, I plan on building a class 2 comp rig. Sold my Toyzuki V2 a while back because I was taking a break from the comp scene but I think I'm ready to get back at it. This comp season is a wash since I've missed most of them, but the next season starts in the fall so I have plenty of time to do it.

Life plans: Save a little more money, maybe do a cruise with the old lady. My Dad's been talking about selling his Jeep LJ Rubicon. I just got my XJ about where I want it so might as well take on another expensive Jeep project. :ror:

Peaker 01-09-2020 04:05 AM

My one and only plan is to get rich by not doing anything, ill let you know how that pan out for me.

Jim85IROC 01-09-2020 06:44 AM

RC-wise, I seem to be falling into this "scale recreation" trap. I'm turning my Barrage into a Fall Guy truck, and I picked up an SC5M and an IROC-Z body to recreate my 1:1 IROC. I'm also looking at building a General Lee.

One of my reasons is that I really enjoy making RC "running" videos, and I've always been impressed by some of the RC car chase videos that are out there, so I want to try making my version of those types of semi-realistic videos.

On the 1:1 front, I really need to get my Trans Am to run right so I can actually use the stupid thing, and I really want to get back to working on my IROC, which has been motor-less for almost a decade.

GA Dawg 01-09-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaker (Post 5989146)
My one and only plan is to get rich by not doing anything, ill let you know how that pan out for me.

Everything I do costs me money, so not doing anything is a step in the right direction.

BJoe 01-09-2020 07:37 AM

R/C wise, finish by late Spring and then bash the hell out of my Long Arm Bandit project.

Model Car wise, not only actually finish my club build project by December, but try and finish the last two that I didn't for the last 2 years by then.

Get buy then install new plugs, coils, P.U.G. lower intake, and install the RPM Intake Tube and SRT4 Caliber front brakes on my 200.

Keep up on gym membership and trying to lose weight.

Finally convince Dad it's time to let my XJ go to somebody who has time to work on it.